Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/11/2017  2:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:He has been great. I loved the hire but hated what happened last year. When it came out that KP had an issue with Jeff and the team lost every preseason game and the first three of the regular season I was sure that keeping him was a mistake. Glad I was wrong. It would be nice to have some roster and coaching continuity for a change.

Was a little too company man for the players Im guessing. After Phil was jettisoned, players got to see what Hornacek brought to the table.

Is it even possible that Jeff was still showing the same stuff last year and Fisher was good coach as well? As easy you find it to blame the triangle do you consider the presence of Melo and Rose detrimental to the impact the coach had? Players that refuse to play system basketball are not mentioned as the problem but it was the "triangle" that did it? The thing that we barely played for less than half a season was to blame but the idiots refusing to execute anything but clock wasting and shot jacking weren't why Jeff was hamstrung?

Before Phil and the triangle, Rambis was the problem, before Rambis it was Fisher. Before Fisher and Phil, Donnie Walsh was the problem, before Walsh it was MDA and before MDA it was Lin, before Lin it was Amare
Can you at least agree that during all these problems there was only one thing constant with the team and that's Melo? So maybe just maybe he was the problem?

Leap of faith - I know....

KP was ROY runner up, with Melo as his teammate. Melo was very protective of Porzingis his rookie year, went at anyone who cheap shot KP. Could not have been a better teammate to Porzingis

I blame Rose for being one of the worst PGs in the league, and one of the worst 3 point shooters in the league, last season. His assist rate was below D-leaguers in just the East.

Melo leading the team in assists for an entire season from PF, wasn't enough to change the team's fortunes. Because there wasnt enough talent.

Again Melo was part of the problem at times, but not the problem. That would fall on who gave him the max with a no trade clause. The only reason we are having this conversation.

Only 3 players in the league have an NTC.

Ok so KP being ROY runner up was credit to Melo, but Melo not playing defense or not even trying was Phil's fault. Got it and this why I call out people who defend Melo. Because of this.

Melo wasn't the hindrance that some claim he was on KP's development. That was my point.

Not enough to say that Melo was part of the problem at times, which he was. I have to provide ample documentation, while absolving Phil Jackson of any responsibilty for his many bad decisions. Not enough time on this board pointing out the flaws Melo's game, even though I was bringing up "Hero Ball" before anyone else on this board, at least one of the first. My level of animosity for Carmelo Anthony is clearly not to your liking. I dont hate the man, do you?

Sorry, cant do it. This stuff is better suited for religious fundamentalists, not for bball discussions.

Lol, I don't care about your feelings for Melo.

But my point was I get tired of people blaming Phil Jackson, Fisher, Rambis, Jeff, Old system offense (triangle), new system offense (flow offense), MDA, Lin, Amare, Donnie, Dolan and everything else under the sun to absolve Melo of not delivering at a level he was being paid to do.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/11/2017  3:30 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:He has been great. I loved the hire but hated what happened last year. When it came out that KP had an issue with Jeff and the team lost every preseason game and the first three of the regular season I was sure that keeping him was a mistake. Glad I was wrong. It would be nice to have some roster and coaching continuity for a change.

Was a little too company man for the players Im guessing. After Phil was jettisoned, players got to see what Hornacek brought to the table.

Is it even possible that Jeff was still showing the same stuff last year and Fisher was good coach as well? As easy you find it to blame the triangle do you consider the presence of Melo and Rose detrimental to the impact the coach had? Players that refuse to play system basketball are not mentioned as the problem but it was the "triangle" that did it? The thing that we barely played for less than half a season was to blame but the idiots refusing to execute anything but clock wasting and shot jacking weren't why Jeff was hamstrung?

Before Phil and the triangle, Rambis was the problem, before Rambis it was Fisher. Before Fisher and Phil, Donnie Walsh was the problem, before Walsh it was MDA and before MDA it was Lin, before Lin it was Amare
Can you at least agree that during all these problems there was only one thing constant with the team and that's Melo? So maybe just maybe he was the problem?

KP was ROY runner up, with Melo as his teammate. Melo was very protective of Porzingis his rookie year, went at anyone who cheap shot KP. Could not have been a better teammate to Porzingis

I blame Rose for being one of the worst PGs in the league, and one of the worst 3 point shooters in the league, last season. His assist rate was below D-leaguers in just the East.

Melo leading the team in assists for an entire season from PF, wasn't enough to change the team's fortunes. Because there wasnt enough talent.

Again Melo was part of the problem at times, but not the problem. That would fall on who gave him the max with a no trade clause. The only reason we are having this conversation.

Ok so KP being ROY runner up was credit to Melo, but Melo not playing defense or not even trying was Phil's fault. Got it and this why I call out people who defend Melo. Because of this.

Melo wasn't the hindrance that some claim he was on KP's development. That was my point.

Not enough to say that Melo was part of the problem at times, which he was. I have to provide ample documentation, while absolving Phil Jackson of any responsibilty for his many bad decisions. Not enough time on this board pointing out the flaws Melo's game, even though I was bringing up "Hero Ball" before anyone else on this board, at least one of the first. My level of animosity for Carmelo Anthony is clearly not to your liking. I dont hate the man, do you?

Sorry, cant do it. This stuff is better suited for religious fundamentalists, not for bball discussions.

But my point was I get tired of people blaming Phil Jackson, Fisher, Rambis, Jeff, Old system offense (triangle), new system offense (flow offense), MDA, Lin, Amare, Donnie, Dolan and everything else under the sun to absolve Melo of not delivering at a level he was being paid to do.

My feelings for Melo, you straight up nut job?

The last 3 years on this board have been all about your very strong feelings about Melo.

Your screename is about your very strong feelings about Melo.

Most of your posts on this board have been about your very strong feelings about Melo.

Tired of people blaming someone other than Melo for decisions he wasnt powerful enough to make?

Partial blame isnt enough. It has to be all Melo's fault. Its like talking to a child.

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/11/2017  5:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

My feelings for Melo, you straight up nut job?

The last 3 years on this board have been all about your very strong feelings about Melo.

Your screename is about your very strong feelings about Melo.

Most of your posts on this board have been about your very strong feelings about Melo.

Tired of people blaming someone other than Melo for decisions he wasnt powerful enough to make?

Partial blame isnt enough. It has to be all Melo's fault. Its like talking to a child.

Here we go again.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Let's give Hornacek some credit.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy