[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

who wants Kuuz ?
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/7/2017  1:55 PM
? for anybody who might know.

If a EURO team had interest in Kuz -- could they offer him a new contract or take his current contract off our hands and Kuz just goes back to Europe?

AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

11/7/2017  1:57 PM
LivingLegend wrote:? for anybody who might know.

If a EURO team had interest in Kuz -- could they offer him a new contract or take his current contract off our hands and Kuz just goes back to Europe?

in europe they can only dream about that money they have in NBA :)

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/7/2017  2:00 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Surprised that we didnt even see Kuz in the preseason. Sounds like they made a commitment to move him
before the season started. At least he's healthy as far as we know. Any draft pick woukd be great.

He was recovering from injury?

Not that I know of. Was saying that I dont know of any injury that would keep him on the bench. Pretty sure we would have heard something by now,

He was nursing an ankle, think he hurt it early in training camp, that's why he missed all but 1 preseason game.

LOL, thats news to me. Sounds like he might get cut if they cant move him.

I would think we can get at least another guard for him

OMG why do you post here

Dude...aren't you the owner of this site?

martin has a track record of letting someone get their **** together before they get banned... hopefully 1248 gets his **** together because frankly his posts are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in his rambling, incoherent posts was he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on the messageboard is now dumber for having read it.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2017  2:09 PM
Do you think a KOQ/Kuz package could land us Noel. He'd be a better fit for the front court defensively. Of course, we'd have to pay him.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/6/16612006/mavericks-screwing-nerlens-noel-and-their-future
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/7/2017  2:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Do you think a KOQ/Kuz package could land us Noel. He'd be a better fit for the front court defensively. Of course, we'd have to pay him.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/6/16612006/mavericks-screwing-nerlens-noel-and-their-future

Honestly, I don't get the Noel love. I know he was rumored as a #1 pick at one point an at least he hasn't sucked, but I've never understood the attraction

If we were looking for defense, I want someone who is ornery, sore loser, who want to yield 0 points -- ala ron artest, draymond green, marcus smart

I liked Kuz; if he's shipped I'll miss him

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/7/2017  2:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Do you think a KOQ/Kuz package could land us Noel. He'd be a better fit for the front court defensively. Of course, we'd have to pay him.

wow, they are definitely jerking (noel) around. I would feel bad trading KOQ or kuz to that mess.

ES
BigDaddyG

11/7/2017  3:04 PM
Chandler wrote:

Honestly, I don't get the Noel love. I know he was rumored as a #1 pick at one point an at least he hasn't sucked, but I've never understood the attraction

If we were looking for defense, I want someone who is ornery, sore loser, who want to yield 0 points -- ala ron artest, draymond green, marcus smart

I liked Kuz; if he's shipped I'll miss him

He's just a good. Complement to KP, Kanter/Willy defensively. Don't expect him to be a star, just super roleplayer.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

11/7/2017  3:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

wow, they are definitely jerking (noel) around. I would feel bad trading KOQ or kuz to that mess.

It wouldn't be that bad. KOQ would still continue to get major minutes before free agency. Kuz might play since they need scoring/shooting.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/7/2017  3:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

It wouldn't be that bad. KOQ would still continue to get major minutes before free agency. Kuz might play since they need scoring/shooting.

KOQ would go from a team he's gone through the struggles with, and is currently playing the best ball of his career in NYC.
They are a few games away from going into full tank mode, and they may bench him(KOQ) in order to do that.

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/7/2017  3:32 PM

KOQ is playing better than Noel at this point. KOQ is contributes to three moral of the team too. Noel isn't bringing those type of intangibles to the game.

You are on the right track though. I would love to do at least a 2 for 1 or a 3 for 1 to try and get a good player we can use.... kuz, sessions sand Willy are the ones I want to move

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/7/2017  4:12 PM
Suns were interested last year but they added Jackson in the offseason.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JesseDark
Member: #467
11/7/2017  4:34 PM
I️ would cur Sessions cause we have Trey Burke in the D league.
Bring back dee-fense
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/7/2017  6:16 PM

He is averaging 4 points a game sand not doing anything else very well why would we want Noel?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  6:34 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Surprised that we didnt even see Kuz in the preseason. Sounds like they made a commitment to move him
before the season started. At least he's healthy as far as we know. Any draft pick woukd be great.

He was recovering from injury?

Not that I know of. Was saying that I dont know of any injury that would keep him on the bench. Pretty sure we would have heard something by now,

He was nursing an ankle, think he hurt it early in training camp, that's why he missed all but 1 preseason game.

LOL, thats news to me. Sounds like he might get cut if they cant move him.

I would think we can get at least another guard for him

OMG why do you post here

Dude...aren't you the owner of this site?

martin has a track record of letting someone get their **** together before they get banned... hopefully 1248 gets his **** together because frankly his posts are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in his rambling, incoherent posts was he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on the messageboard is now dumber for having read it.

Love this Post
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/7/2017  6:45 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think we should cut Beasley before we cut Kuzminskas.

Kuz is making 3.1 million this year and 3.8 million next year.

Depending on the terms of a possible buyout, the Knicks will eat the cap charge ( assuming he's not stretched) implied and take some cash savings depending the terms of the buyout.

While it seems nonsensical on the surface, NBA team will try to save a few million on a player they aren't going to use anyway. Cavs dumped Mike Miller to save on their luxury tax bill. They traded two 2nd rounders to dump Richard Jefferson for the same reason.

Baseline issue - Cutting Beasley does not offer any potential cash savings. Waiving Kuz in a buyout might. It depends on if the Knicks see the 2018 3.8 million cap charge as a pure sunk cost or not.

The league administration is not a fan of watching international guys get trapped onto rosters by virtue of their contracts. It's not good for international competition over the long haul, thus impacts Team USA basketball indirectly, thus impacts the NBA's place in the Olympics in general. Depending on the promises made to Kuz and his agent, this could be a long term sensitive issue in terms of courting international players for the future. It's better to buy him out and let him go if he has no use here.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2017  6:54 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Depending on the terms of a possible buyout, the Knicks will eat the cap charge ( assuming he's not stretched) implied and take some cash savings depending the terms of the buyout.

While it seems nonsensical on the surface, NBA team will try to save a few million on a player they aren't going to use anyway. Cavs dumped Mike Miller to save on their luxury tax bill. They traded two 2nd rounders to dump Richard Jefferson for the same reason.

Baseline issue - Cutting Beasley does not offer any potential cash savings. Waiving Kuz in a buyout might. It depends on if the Knicks see the 2018 3.8 million cap charge as a pure sunk cost or not.

The league administration is not a fan of watching international guys get trapped onto rosters by virtue of their contracts. It's not good for international competition over the long haul, thus impacts Team USA basketball indirectly, thus impacts the NBA's place in the Olympics in general. Depending on the promises made to Kuz and his agent, this could be a long term sensitive issue in terms of courting international players for the future. It's better to buy him out and let him go if he has no use here.

So this is the first time I've heard of the extra $3.8M year, some salary sites have him on an ending contract this year for $3.1m

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TripleThreat

11/7/2017  6:57 PM
LivingLegend wrote:? for anybody who might know.

By virtue of the current CBA, if a player is BENEATH the limits to qualify as a non rookie player ( i.e. no longer eligible for Rookie Of The Year consideration), he can go to a non NBA team and have his rights held and have his contract status "tolled" ( meaning he accrues no service time for his time overseas. See Josh Huestis for OKC and Dario Saric of Philly for recent examples)

More to point, when you are no longer eligible for Rookie Of The Year consideration, you stop from having your team have the option to stash a player overseas and playing for a non NBA team. This is very much a "service time" issue (Otherwise fringe players would split their time overseas to try to gain a full NBA pension and full retirement benefits) Actual status within the NBAPA as an active player also deals with voting issues. ( 1 player, 1 vote, but you can't vote if you aren't gaining actual service time in some capacity, thus Saric had his rights held, but could not vote during the last labor issue when he was stashed)

The way you are likely describing it would be a violation of the salary cap. Also every major sport tries to eliminate any instance of "double dipping" contract wise. It's too much of a loophole for team to manipulate to circumvent the salary cap ( i.e. a team like the Cavs would try to exploit an option like this to push a contract out to try to free money to spend elsewhere during FA)

TripleThreat

11/7/2017  7:02 PM
martin wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

So this is the first time I've heard of the extra $3.8M year, some salary sites have him on an ending contract this year for $3.1m

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york_knicks

Unless Hoops Hype is wrong. They might be.

If HoopsHype is correct, Kuz is not really going to be easy to trade. He's not a rental, he's an actual commitment. He is right now technically under the "cash threshold" that all teams get annually, but that would pretty much eliminate that teams flexibility in other trades and buying draft picks.

TripleThreat

11/7/2017  7:07 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/mindaugas-kuzminskas-20688

It's his qualifying offer. That's where the disconnect lies here.

There's still a greater chance IMHO he is bought out instead of garnering actual trade value. Teams would rather seek him on a vet minimum that's disposable. Also locking into him now means giving up an asset of some kind of locking out the potential down the road at the deadline and beyond.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/7/2017  7:09 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

He signed a two-year deal, year three is his qualifying offer, it is not guaranteed.

who wants Kuuz ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy