[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Superman and Kemba are in town, time for KP and the French Prince to send em out with a frown
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/8/2017  8:55 AM
nixluva wrote:

KP is the best player in the league right now next to the Freak. Just dont see anyone else having this much impact day in and day out, on both sides, besides those two. He is shooting lights out and cannot seem to be defended by anyone. Add his contributions on defense and he is playing like the MVP!

It was also great to see Mcbuckets play so well. His confidence level is real high. He is our best offensive spark off the bench. It's great to see a different player step up and add to KP's performmance every night. If these guys keep this up, this team has all the important characteristics of a winning team. Grant it, we are doing this at home but its shaping up to possibly be a special season. Go Knicks!!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/8/2017  9:08 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:Interesting.

Would make a good coach/mentor for Frank

I know a lot of what Charles Barkley says is moronic, but sometimes he gives golden nuggets. One time in particular he was talking about team assists and team turnovers. He said the truly great team average ~30 assists and average about ~10 turnovers. That holds up with my research. We need to take better care of the ball and get to 3:1 turnover ratio. I love that we move the ball. We are trending in the right direction but there's some work to be done

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/8/2017  9:39 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

KP is the best player in the league right now next to the Freak. Just dont see anyone else having this much impact day in and day out, on both sides, besides those two. He is shooting lights out and cannot seem to be defended by anyone. Add his contributions on defense and he is playing like the MVP!

It was also great to see Mcbuckets play so well. His confidence level is real high. He is our best offensive spark off the bench. It's great to see a different player step up and add to KP's performmance every night. If these guys keep this up, this team has all the important characteristics of a winning team. Grant it, we are doing this at home but its shaping up to possibly be a special season. Go Knicks!!

That's the one thing that has be tempering my glee. All we're doing is taking care of our business at home against beatable teams (which is more than we did last year). It will be interesting to see what we do on the road.
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/8/2017  9:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  9:52 AM
Also, has anyone looked at our schedule? Why is it so unbalanced this year? We start the year playing 12 out of our first 17 games at home. Then in January we're playing 16 games, only 4 at home! Though, I have to admit getting confidence early may work to our advantage.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/8/2017  10:14 AM
Welpee wrote:Also, has anyone looked at our schedule? Why is it so unbalanced this year? We start the year playing 12 out of our first 17 games at home. Then in January we're playing 16 games, only 4 at home! Though, I have to admit getting confidence early may work to our advantage.

this is likely a symptom of trying to eliminate the dreaded back to backs

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2017  10:42 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I 100% agree and what we are really seeing is one guy elevate the play of everyone else's on both sides of the ball. That is what is making KP's play so special and MVP like.

We have a lot of decent players. Not even sure I would call them "good" based on what we had seen. McD, KOQ, Jack, THj, Lee, Lance, Kanter... some good players but we are seeing how their skills really stand up next to star play. We are seeing a legit Lebron effect with KP right now. Everyone around him is doing what they do and its standing up. Frank and Lance playing D. McBuckets and Timmy getting hot. Kanter and KOQ grind you down. JAck and Frank are setting guys up and being stable playmakers. KP is playing like a player teams would tank for.

This is how culture starts. You play defense and you move the ball. You lean on your star for wins. Then when he has a bad game you have other guys step up, but it works because your in every game defending the way we do. There is a big ripple. It starts with KP's leadership on the court. It extends to the coach who both can lean on the star player and move players in and out based on matchups, not agendas. Its all just working as its supposed to.

I am sure there will be set backs and turned ankles and those challenges will teach us things also. Right now we are learning just how magical our unicorn can be, and thats pretty damn magical.

Cha is REALLY good. They were bigger than we were. They were faster. Their guards were more explosive. Yet we grinded out a win behind KP and once again Jeff pushed the right button riding McBuckets for big 2nd half minutes.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
11/8/2017  12:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I 100% agree and what we are really seeing is one guy elevate the play of everyone else's on both sides of the ball. That is what is making KP's play so special and MVP like.

We have a lot of decent players. Not even sure I would call them "good" based on what we had seen. McD, KOQ, Jack, THj, Lee, Lance, Kanter... some good players but we are seeing how their skills really stand up next to star play. We are seeing a legit Lebron effect with KP right now. Everyone around him is doing what they do and its standing up. Frank and Lance playing D. McBuckets and Timmy getting hot. Kanter and KOQ grind you down. JAck and Frank are setting guys up and being stable playmakers. KP is playing like a player teams would tank for.

This is how culture starts. You play defense and you move the ball. You lean on your star for wins. Then when he has a bad game you have other guys step up, but it works because your in every game defending the way we do. There is a big ripple. It starts with KP's leadership on the court. It extends to the coach who both can lean on the star player and move players in and out based on matchups, not agendas. Its all just working as its supposed to.

I am sure there will be set backs and turned ankles and those challenges will teach us things also. Right now we are learning just how magical our unicorn can be, and thats pretty damn magical.

Cha is REALLY good. They were bigger than we were. They were faster. Their guards were more explosive. Yet we grinded out a win behind KP and once again Jeff pushed the right button riding McBuckets for big 2nd half minutes.

I rarely give coaches credit.....But Jeff H won this game with his rotations. Pulling THJ out of the game, after multiple bricks and boos was huge. He pulled him when we were down double digits. He put him back in when we were down 3.....And what does he do, hit a very deep 3 right off the bench. Other coaches in the past would leave him in, hoping he wakes up, especially since hes one of the highest paid players on the team. But Jeff H didn't care and pulled him for a rookie.

Great game by Jeff H and the bench......That's who won this game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2017  1:00 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I rarely give coaches credit.....But Jeff H won this game with his rotations. Pulling THJ out of the game, after multiple bricks and boos was huge. He pulled him when we were down double digits. He put him back in when we were down 3.....And what does he do, hit a very deep 3 right off the bench. Other coaches in the past would leave him in, hoping he wakes up, especially since hes one of the highest paid players on the team. But Jeff H didn't care and pulled him for a rookie.

Its not just pushing the right buttons. Its what happens to players after the buttons are pushed. TH has been yanked. Lance. McD. Frank. Kanter. KOQ. All have been yanked at some point or benched for a poor stretch. All have responded with good play when they got their chance again.

Right now we have KP leading the way and a bunch of guys working hard who are pretty good players. Coach has them on the same page. Just stay healthy!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2017  1:28 PM
Welpee wrote:Also, has anyone looked at our schedule? Why is it so unbalanced this year? We start the year playing 12 out of our first 17 games at home. Then in January we're playing 16 games, only 4 at home! Though, I have to admit getting confidence early may work to our advantage.

it was mentioned by Breen in the last game but I forgot. Something happening at MSG

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fwk00
Member: #6048

11/8/2017  1:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Shout out to Kurt Rambis as well. Keeping everyone on their toes.

Gamethread: Superman and Kemba are in town, time for KP and the French Prince to send em out with a frown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy