[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about this strategic move with Kanter
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
11/6/2017  9:44 PM
Noah to Cavs for Shumpert (l less year than Noah) & Frye (expiring) would be great but that extra year on Noah’s contract would be tough to swallow.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2017  9:47 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I'm going to add this here since I don't wanna start a new thread.

But imagine adding Beverly to this group. He is a UFA this coming offseason. Beverly and Covington this offseason would make our defense ridiculous.

Kanter has 18mm of the cap next year.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york_knicks/

IF I got what I wanted out of it--I mean a trade that equaled something like I mentioned

Kanter to Monroe for the bucks 1st(top 10 protected) and 2nd rd picks --move the 2ne rounder and Kuz to Dallas for Seth Curry(ending)

I will have an additional 20mm in cap for a free agent 2 first rd picks and 1 high 2nd the bird rights to Curry--yet we still have Noah Willy and KOQ at C-we give up a little and have a diversified asset group going into a much more important free agency.

I like Kanter--I dont believe he is that much more material than the combination of Willy KOQ and Noah. Noah was playing well in pre season.

You have a Seth Curry fetish.

Why in the hell would the Knicks waste a 2nd round pick on a SG when they've already got 3?

I think he could replace Jack next year as a pg with Frank. I want to do our best this year— but I’d put my chips into the middle for next year. My whole lan would be to give LeBron James the best place to possibly win. I think he knows winning in ny would double his $ output. So it’s not about Curry or Kanter per se— it’s about setting up both cap space and the right role players to engage lbj

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2017  9:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I'm going to add this here since I don't wanna start a new thread.

But imagine adding Beverly to this group. He is a UFA this coming offseason. Beverly and Covington this offseason would make our defense ridiculous.

IF I got what I wanted out of it--I mean a trade that equaled something like I mentioned

Kanter to Monroe for the bucks 1st(top 10 protected) and 2nd rd picks --move the 2ne rounder and Kuz to Dallas for Seth Curry(ending)

I will have an additional 20mm in cap for a free agent 2 first rd picks and 1 high 2nd the bird rights to Curry--yet we still have Noah Willy and KOQ at C-we give up a little and have a diversified asset group going into a much more important free agency.

I like Kanter--I dont believe he is that much more material than the combination of Willy KOQ and Noah. Noah was playing well in pre season.

Why in the hell would the Knicks waste a 2nd round pick on a SG when they've already got 3?

I think he could replace Jack next year as a pg with Frank. I want to do our best this year— but I’d put my chips into the middle for next year. My whole lan would be to give LeBron James the best place to possibly win. I think he knows winning in ny would double his $ output. So it’s not about Curry or Kanter per se— it’s about setting up both cap space and the right role players to engage lbj

So again, you want to waste a 2nd round pick on a guy who will undoubtedly be a UFA? This dude is going to be the tipping point for LBJ to come to the Knicks?

And your reasoning is we will have his bird rights and thus kill any cap space to sign said player in LBJ?

Seth Curry is not a starting level guard for a playoff team. Period.

Knicks got 3 SGs.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/6/2017  10:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Next year you will pay KOQ the same money as Kanter will make. Plus if you trade Kanter now you are being held hostage to whatever KOQ wants or you lose him too. KOQ is half the player as Kanter.You win with talent. KOQ is like fools gold. He can't keep it up as a starting center for a whole season. Kanter is 25 yrs old. He is a keeper IMO for this team. Kanter and Willy will be a great tandem for the next 5 yrs at least. Don't mess with a good thing. Stop fixating on what Kanter makes. Maybe he likes NY so much he might actually give us a hometown discount?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/6/2017  10:16 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think he had to have blown up his trade value. I know Triple Threat doesnt think hes worth an old show but I say otherwise.

Right now Kanters value is sky high.

Feel free to name three actual and specific trades that would actually pass the basic "Mirror Test"

Trades that are functionally Win/Win given the current marketplace factoring in recent trends and conditions.

Kanter's trade value is going to be what market conditions allow given the time and place. That's it. Your "Because I Said So" spin isn't going to cut it, this time or next time or the 200 previous times.

Surprise me Briggs, propose a trade with Kanter that's a functional Win/Win for both rosters where you don't just bulldoze and horsef**k the non Knicks team. Go on.

BRIGGS
11/6/2017  10:18 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Next year you will pay KOQ the same money as Kanter will make. Plus if you trade Kanter now you are being held hostage to whatever KOQ wants or you lose him too. KOQ is half the player as Kanter.You win with talent. KOQ is like fools gold. He can't keep it up as a starting center for a whole season. Kanter is 25 yrs old. He is a keeper IMO for this team. Kanter and Willy will be a great tandem for the next 5 yrs at least. Don't mess with a good thing. Stop fixating on what Kanter makes. Maybe he likes NY so much he might actually give us a hometown discount?

I can't get rid of Noah. How do I offer Lebron 30mm if I can get rid of one of those two?

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/6/2017  10:21 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

So again, you want to waste a 2nd round pick on a guy who will undoubtedly be a UFA? This dude is going to be the tipping point for LBJ to come to the Knicks?

And your reasoning is we will have his bird rights and thus kill any cap space to sign said player in LBJ?

Knicks got 3 SGs.

I watched him a lot-- I like him as a pg. He'd be great here with Frank developing Thj and Lee. He's a 42-45% 3 point shooter one of the things we lack. I don't consider him a 2 guard rather a modern day combo that leans towards 1

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2017  10:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Knicks got 3 SGs.

I watched him a lot-- I like him as a pg. He'd be great here with Frank developing Thj and Lee. He's a 42-45% 3 point shooter one of the things we lack. I don't consider him a 2 guard rather a modern day combo that leans towards 1

We've already established you have a fetish for Seth Curry, I get that.

You haven't explained why the Knicks would throw away a 2nd round pick for a player they can sign as an UFA, why Seth Curry is unlocking the LBJ signing and why the Knicks would need another Shooting Guard.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/6/2017  11:19 PM
I think Dallas would be willing to pony up a good package for Kanter if Perry was willing to sell.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
11/7/2017  12:32 AM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Knicks got 3 SGs.

You haven't explained why the Knicks would throw away a 2nd round pick for a player they can sign as an UFA, why Seth Curry is unlocking the LBJ signing and why the Knicks would need another Shooting Guard.

Martin--it's pretty simple math. The odds of ANY 2 nd td pick will be better than an elite 3 point nba shooter is statistically small. By continuing to categorize him purely as a Sg tells me you have almost no idea who the player is or at the minimum yiu don't watch the mavericks play much. The subject of the trade was-- if you go back and read-- about moving Ksnter for a 1+2. I'm suggesting flipping that 2 with Kuz to a rebuilding Dallas. I'm hoping by getting curry here I can retain him for 3-4 years. I think he would for in here nicely given. This whole post actually has very little to do w Seth Curry but I guess you didn't bother to read the gist of it

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/7/2017  12:45 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think he had to have blown up his trade value. I know Triple Threat doesnt think hes worth an old show but I say otherwise.

Right now Kanters value is sky high.

Feel free to name three actual and specific trades that would actually pass the basic "Mirror Test"

Trades that are functionally Win/Win given the current marketplace factoring in recent trends and conditions.

Kanter's trade value is going to be what market conditions allow given the time and place. That's it. Your "Because I Said So" spin isn't going to cut it, this time or next time or the 200 previous times.

Surprise me Briggs, propose a trade with Kanter that's a functional Win/Win for both rosters where you don't just bulldoze and horsef**k the non Knicks team. Go on.

Greg monroe is completely out of Milwaukee's rotation-- they don't like him. They are very weak in the middle and have big time troubles getting easy baskets. Kanter would solve a lot of their grit issues. He does gave an option to get out but most likely will opt in at 18.5mm. The price a top 10 restricted 1 and a 2nd rd pick with Monroe's dead salary ending contract. Very fair for both teams. This will not happen-- no trades are happening like the one I mentioned until 20-30 games are past. This is a model and we have flexible ty to watch kanter for 30 games to make subjective decisions about him. If I go back I was one of the only peope on this board who thought Kanter was a good player-- and he is. But again my catch that I'm looking for is Lebron--a player I truly believe we have a chance at. But as of now we don't have the cap to even come close. It's a wait and see-- but do I think kanter has the value I mentioned-- yes

RIP Crushalot😞
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/7/2017  1:40 AM
SkyWalker wrote:This is definitely tricky to figure out. You have to believe the Knicks are constantly talking to teams about every center they have to see what might give them the best return. At this point right now I can't see them trading Kanter. If the Knicks start going on a downward spiral slide then I can see them looking to perhaps trade him. Definitely not in the middle of the run they are currently making.

KOQ is moveable but I would only move him if you got a very solid return like a 1st round pick perhaps? Also depends on whether the knicks think they can or want to resign him in the offseason? If they think it's crazy to pay him the $$$ he can get on the open market when they already have 3-4 other centers probably doesn't make a lot of sense.

Being that Kanter is only 25 years old, not sure why you would ever want to trade him unless you are blown away? Unless you are convinced Kanter will opt out and be able to command $25mm per year.The question then is if he is worth it?

That brings us to Willy. 1st off, he is KP's boy so any potential trade of Willy needs to be handled very carefully. We can't afford to really piss KP off too much before he signs a long term extension. Perhaps say something to KP that they aren't looking to shop Willy at all but if they were to get a trade that they really felt was too hard to pass up then would KP be ok with it? I would think that KP would hate to see Willy traded but if he agreed that the trade really made a ton of sense for the knicks and allows for his buddy to shine on a new team then he might understand and be ok with it?

I'm thinking that items like this is what KP's brother was referring to. Things other than money.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/7/2017  1:43 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
SkyWalker wrote:This is definitely tricky to figure out. You have to believe the Knicks are constantly talking to teams about every center they have to see what might give them the best return. At this point right now I can't see them trading Kanter. If the Knicks start going on a downward spiral slide then I can see them looking to perhaps trade him. Definitely not in the middle of the run they are currently making.

KOQ is moveable but I would only move him if you got a very solid return like a 1st round pick perhaps? Also depends on whether the knicks think they can or want to resign him in the offseason? If they think it's crazy to pay him the $$$ he can get on the open market when they already have 3-4 other centers probably doesn't make a lot of sense.

Being that Kanter is only 25 years old, not sure why you would ever want to trade him unless you are blown away? Unless you are convinced Kanter will opt out and be able to command $25mm per year.The question then is if he is worth it?

That brings us to Willy. 1st off, he is KP's boy so any potential trade of Willy needs to be handled very carefully. We can't afford to really piss KP off too much before he signs a long term extension. Perhaps say something to KP that they aren't looking to shop Willy at all but if they were to get a trade that they really felt was too hard to pass up then would KP be ok with it? I would think that KP would hate to see Willy traded but if he agreed that the trade really made a ton of sense for the knicks and allows for his buddy to shine on a new team then he might understand and be ok with it?

KOQ is definetly gonna get a decent size offer and as much as i like him it would be insane to overpay him when we have a good young talent on a rookie contract. Smart thing is to get something for him

Quite frankly, Willie's game is much less physical than KOQ's game. Further more, Willie is very soft on D. That's another reason he's glued to the bench.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

11/7/2017  4:43 AM
martin wrote:

BRIGGS wrote:Martin--it's pretty simple math. The odds of ANY 2 nd td pick will be better than an elite 3 point nba shooter is statistically small. By continuing to categorize him purely as a Sg tells me you have almost no idea who the player is or at the minimum yiu don't watch the mavericks play much. The subject of the trade was-- if you go back and read-- about moving Ksnter for a 1+2. I'm suggesting flipping that 2 with Kuz to a rebuilding Dallas. I'm hoping by getting curry here I can retain him for 3-4 years. I think he would for in here nicely given. This whole post actually has very little to do w Seth Curry but I guess you didn't bother to read the gist of it

Statistically small, excepting the Knicks? Willie. Dotson. That's our last two 2nd round picks who are better than Seth Curry. And younger. And much cheaper. Just no to Seth Curry.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/7/2017  6:52 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

KOQ is definetly gonna get a decent size offer and as much as i like him it would be insane to overpay him when we have a good young talent on a rookie contract. Smart thing is to get something for him

Quite frankly, Willie's game is much less physical than KOQ's game. Further more, Willie is very soft on D. That's another reason he's glued to the bench.

One of the last things Willy said at the end of last season was that he understands that he has to work on his defense. I remember saying that I was encouraged that Willy acknowledged that he had work to do in that area.

Willy spent the summer playing in Europe, went through camp, preseason, and its hard to see any improvement, if anything it looks right now like he regressed. Hornacek questioned his effort as well, did acknowledge some improvement, but apparently not enough to get minutes, let alone be part of the rotation.

Unless Willy starts playing legitimate defense by the end of the season, I dont see how the Knicks ignore good offers for him. Players, picks, whatever. Perry didnt draft Willy so I dont believe he will be hesitate to move him, if the price is right.

One way players like Willy are a luxury on a team that has more pressing needs IMO. I know he brings something to the table, not enough D to make him untouchable.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  7:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  7:22 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don't disagree about the physicality BUT the fact is KOQ is gonna get a good offer and IMO its not worth overpaying for a bench guy when we have a good young player on a great contract. Right now Willy is not gonna fetch anything great because he is stapled to the bench right now. I'm sure tons of team would love to get him BUT they are gonna try and rip us off. Perry knows this which is why I'm confident he is staying put. I like KOQ a lot BUT the best thing we can do is get something for him before he opts out
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/7/2017  8:12 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

You do realize NOAH has Zero value right and isn’t a good player anymore. so if we move on from kanter we have a huge glaring hole at center. Kanter is years ahead of Willy, and who would you rather have a kanter, oquinn and Willy.

Willy and NOAH yikes that’s a weak center rotation one of the worst in the NBA

If anything we need to strech Noah and maybe look to upgrade the sf spot through moving guys like kuz and only oquinn if its a serious upgrade.

Stretching Noah will be like the melo trade, good for the teams now and longterm future

Perhaps you’ve a point. Sure, Kanter is contributing and works with KP but clearly despite your assertions Wily will play and Be rotations if he improves. Say you move Kanter plus and upgrade our pick. If you pick up one of top 5s, there are 3-4 bigs in play,all athletic and all capable Ayers and Begley will exceed what Kanter brings defensively. If you get Porter you’ve solved your 3 for Kanter.
We are playing D and win because of it. Now a two way big is the way to go as Kanter will be exposed defensively in the playoffs.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/7/2017  8:51 AM
Knixkik wrote:Some people who suggest trading Kanter i swear don't want the Knicks to be a good team. Why ruin something that is working? I just don't get it.

It’s not about ruining it. It’s appreciating the value we have currently but wanting to win the conference and the whole enchilada. Kanter is solid we appreciate that. But winning 40-45 games ain’t the objective and Kanter plays little D

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/7/2017  9:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I can't get rid of Noah. How do I offer Lebron 30mm if I can get rid of one of those two?

I am not getting rid of Kanter just for a pipe dream of getting Lebron. Walsh did that and traded assets for no reason. If somehow after the season we found out Lebron was very interested then either Kanter will opt out or if he stayed then maybe trade him or let Perry figure out a way to open up salary.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/7/2017  9:46 AM
I can't believe people are actually thinking about Lebron. Isn't this the ultimate of what we've always done wrong

If you want Lebron fantasy why not start with the idea that he already is loaded, and he should come here on vet minimum for the privilege of playing for the Knicks during their resurgence

(5)(5)
How about this strategic move with Kanter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy