[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about this strategic move with Kanter
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2017  10:09 AM
I think he had to have blown up his trade value. I know Triple Threat doesnt think hes worth an old show but I say otherwise.

Right now Kanters value is sky high. IF we can get a really good player at a different position OR a very good haul in terms of picks and young players
why cant we just put Noah back at starting C? He can give us the same rebounding better defense passing and some interior scoring--we are paying him a lot--so why dont we use it?

Kanter with a top 10 PER and showing much improved defensive value HAS to be worth a good haul--a haul that could make this team better BOTH now and in the future iof we can get a combination of a vert player a young player and a pick or 2.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/6/2017  10:15 AM
So we're going to replace a young, quality center, again for Noah? Again?

Don't believe robbing Peter to pay Paul is the best way to build a starting unit. Would rather use Willy to do that. Build on what we have in the starting lineup already.

teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

11/6/2017  10:25 AM
Trade pieces right now:
1. KOQ - peaking in value, redundant for long term
2. Beasley - non-systemic, trade opens up rotation spot for Kuz, who knows what he is doing out there
3. Sessions - redundant as we speak
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/6/2017  10:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I think he had to have blown up his trade value. I know Triple Threat doesnt think hes worth an old show but I say otherwise.

Right now Kanters value is sky high. IF we can get a really good player at a different position OR a very good haul in terms of picks and young players
why cant we just put Noah back at starting C? He can give us the same rebounding better defense passing and some interior scoring--we are paying him a lot--so why dont we use it?

Kanter with a top 10 PER and showing much improved defensive value HAS to be worth a good haul--a haul that could make this team better BOTH now and in the future iof we can get a combination of a vert player a young player and a pick or 2.

The problem is Noah doesn't give any scoring at all. Kanter's scoring ability makes life easy for Porzingis. If you put Noah out there next to Porzingis, then we will basically be playing 4 on 5 and KP will just have constant double teams. Noah is too much of a liability to be anything other than a matchup-based role player. He is 32 years old and on his last legs, and if Kanter/Porzingis look good together, especially considering their age, you stick with it. Right now Porzingis has the space and freedom to do whatever he wants on the offensive end because Kanter compliments it so much. Noah would change everything in a bad way.
Knixkik
USA
11/6/2017  10:31 AM
teamsport72 wrote:Trade pieces right now:
1. KOQ - peaking in value, redundant for long term
2. Beasley - non-systemic, trade opens up rotation spot for Kuz, who knows what he is doing out there
3. Sessions - redundant as we speak

That's right. We need to trade O'Quinn for a future asset or more perimeter help while his value is up.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/6/2017  10:33 AM
Right now, Kanter is on the untouchable list. That list consists of

1. KP
2. Frank
3. Kanter
4. Willy
5. Dotson

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/6/2017  10:38 AM
Is this before after we trade KP to Phoenix for Josh Jackson because Hernangomez is the better player?
teamsport72
Member: #6172

11/6/2017  10:44 AM
Yeah, heard here a number of good ideas since the start of the season:
1. Trade Willy
2. Trade KP for two first round picks
3. Send Frank to D-league
4. Tank above all
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/6/2017  11:05 AM
I think you bring Kanter back, Noah gets the backup minutes, KOQ you trade for a pick or asset and Willy just needs to be patient. Kanter just looks like too good a fit next to KP right now. I want a great defensive presence next to KP at the 5. Kanter isnt that but he's super physical and amazing on the glass.

14ppg 11rebs in 26 minutes. Lord have mercy. I think at 25 years old you ride this out and if he opts you look to resign him. Kinda have to.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2017  11:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2017  11:06 AM
Selling high would probably be a great long-term decision. Regarding trading Kanter for Picks: Are you willing to miss the playoffs this year to build a better future? Would Dolan be? I'm really enjoying this team and a part of me would hate to lose what we have even if it does make sense long-term.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/6/2017  11:10 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Selling high would probably be a great long-term decision. Regarding trading Kanter for Picks: Are you willing to miss the playoffs this year to build a better future? Would Dolan be? I'm really enjoying this team and a part of me would hate to lose what we have even if it does make sense long-term.

Gotta think Kanter fits into this time line. Its KOQ that is probably the most logical trade bait. It depends on the deal though right? If Cle offers you the Nets pick and Tristan for Kanter do you take that? There will be some tough choices ahead... but its nice to base them on having and keeping talent.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
11/6/2017  11:17 AM
fishmike wrote:I think you bring Kanter back, Noah gets the backup minutes, KOQ you trade for a pick or asset and Willy just needs to be patient. Kanter just looks like too good a fit next to KP right now. I want a great defensive presence next to KP at the 5. Kanter isnt that but he's super physical and amazing on the glass.

14ppg 11rebs in 26 minutes. Lord have mercy. I think at 25 years old you ride this out and if he opts you look to resign him. Kinda have to.

Exactly right. And he hasn't been just a stat-stuffer, his numbers are very impactful. His offensive rebounds always seem to lead to a big play and easy baskets. With his activity level, you simply can't hedge off of him defensively. KP has unlimited space and 1 on 1 opportunities because of him. He isn't a great defender, but it also doesn't take a basketball genius to understand that his rebounding ability leads to extra possessions and limits second chances for opponents on the other end. And his offensive efficiency speaks for itself. This guy is the real deal and a huge piece moving forward.

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
11/6/2017  11:19 AM
I think the Knicks are doing exactly what they should right now - showcasing Kanter.

The roster decision w/ Noah coming up should have little bearing on a major deal that would include one of the bigs. Just buy out Sessions and be done with it. They should be patient on a bigger deal and really wait until a contending team is desperate for a big that can score/bound (Celts, Cavs, Houston, Wizards, Warriors). The fact that some fans now think Kanter is untouchable is great and I hope other GMs will be bargaining against one around the trade deadline for his services and Perry brings in a haul of picks and/or players. I'd prefer copy catting Boston and surrounding KP with a bunch of two way wings than holding onto him with Willy in the fold.

Willy is a legit 5 and, if cheap enough, also resigning O'Quinn would make for a formidable 5 combo for the long term.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/6/2017  11:31 AM
sealy wrote:I think the Knicks are doing exactly what they should right now - showcasing Kanter.

The roster decision w/ Noah coming up should have little bearing on a major deal that would include one of the bigs. Just buy out Sessions and be done with it. They should be patient on a bigger deal and really wait until a contending team is desperate for a big that can score/bound (Celts, Cavs, Houston, Wizards, Warriors). The fact that some fans now think Kanter is untouchable is great and I hope other GMs will be bargaining against one around the trade deadline for his services and Perry brings in a haul of picks and/or players. I'd prefer copy catting Boston and surrounding KP with a bunch of two way wings than holding onto him with Willy in the fold.

Willy is a legit 5 and, if cheap enough, also resigning O'Quinn would make for a formidable 5 combo for the long term.

Personally I think e could get Milwaukee number 1 pick in 2018 amd an additional 2nd rounder. Id be interested in Seth Curry from Dallas as well for a 3 point shooting upgrade. Something like we get two picks(a 1+2) throw the two to Dallas with Kuz for Curry(who is a free agent)

Wed have two number 1 picks in 2018 and the cap space to grab Lebron.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

11/6/2017  11:36 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Right now, Kanter is on the untouchable list. That list consists of

1. KP
2. Frank
3. Kanter
4. Willy
5. Dotson

I endorse this assessment.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/6/2017  11:56 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I think he had to have blown up his trade value. I know Triple Threat doesnt think hes worth an old show but I say otherwise.

Maybe if we had Noah 7 years ago. But Kanter is off limits no way you trade away the best 4-5 combo in the league, since they are the best now I cant imagine what kind of force they will be in 2 years!

I hate to break it to people, but Noah has no part on this team, hes the least talented of the 4 centers. He has zero offensive game and with his age has lost a step on defense. With kanter not really hurting you on defense this year, and his supior offense is the reason Willy is sitting on the bench. Willy is better then Noah and is riding the pine, Noah is a 16 million dollar bench warmer.

If Phil was still here i could see there being pressure to play Noah, but with no Phil there should be no loyalty to Noah at all.

At this point we should be talking to Noah about a stretch or buyout, or just let him ride the pine.
It’s not the new regimes fault that Phil gave Noah a ridiculous contract. The pistons did the same when they realized josh smith was a waste of space, and it was good for the team. Same can be said about cutting our losses on Noah. The guy is simply past his time in the nba, if you cant shoot or score there is no place in the NEW nba for that type of player.

Again Noah gets zero minutes when he returns, simply because hes not as talented as the bunch in front of him. He’s going to ride the pine.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/6/2017  12:05 PM
id much rather trade koq and hold onto kanter. with the way the nba game is played now, having a guy like kanter is a great way to change the flow of the game on the court. also having him able to clean up any boards down low completely opens up the game for porzingis to score mid-range, which he obviously is excelling at. kanter can be here a long time and grow with this rebuild, id rather just hold him.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/6/2017  12:07 PM
fishmike wrote:I think you bring Kanter back, Noah gets the backup minutes, KOQ you trade for a pick or asset and Willy just needs to be patient. Kanter just looks like too good a fit next to KP right now. I want a great defensive presence next to KP at the 5. Kanter isnt that but he's super physical and amazing on the glass.

I agree with this but didnt you just start a thread stating KOQ was a keeper?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

11/6/2017  1:04 PM

Anyone looking to move Kanter is greatly understating how his style of play is enhancing KPs game - you have KP playing PF and in the midst of the greatest 9-game scoring stretch in Knick history and we are wanting to move the animal center that is allowing KP to shoot/move more freely.

At 25 with a real game -- Kanter doesn't need to be moved.

The best move may be -- re-sign KOQ and retain Kanter --- basically giving us a very solid offensive/defensive center combination at 25 years each.

Trade Willy who's contract is low/attractive and get a young solid SF with Willy trade chip.

Kanter's activity, scoring in the lane and relentless activity/physicality on the boards is too important and his contract reduces what we might get back for him.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/6/2017  1:25 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

Anyone looking to move Kanter is greatly understating how his style of play is enhancing KPs game - you have KP playing PF and in the midst of the greatest 9-game scoring stretch in Knick history...

To start the season. King's '84-'85 had two or three better 9-game stretches

Trade Willy who's contract is low/attractive and get a young solid SF with Willy trade chip.

Who ya got in mind?

How about this strategic move with Kanter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy