[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I truly believe the fans beat Indiana last night
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2017  8:19 AM
The fans energy in that 3rd quarter brought the players energy back and propelled them.... it also extinguished the fire that Indiana was playing with. We did that. Best believe... people want to know what the garden is and why it's the Mecca? Last night was it... You could tell from tv how loud the garden was. The cheers were relentless. Chants if defense was insane. Those Indiana guys lived to tell that story to their friends and family.... they were there the night The Garden was reborn!

I been trying to tell fans for years that we have power in the way we cheer. The way we speak about our team. The good fortune relies on us to steer the ship. Yes mills and Perry are in charge.... but its through our energy that the tide subsides and the storm diminishes. Go knicks.... that includes all of us. We been here longer than any of them. We invested the most time. This is our team. We are back mother****er!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
11/6/2017  8:46 AM
Was at the game. You're right -- the Garden was rocking! We're so desperate for good Knicks play, any signs of it have us going nuts. KP is MVP. Frankie's growing up before our eyes. We're gonna be a top 4 seed in the East!
Seriously though, the defense during that run was really tough. After 3 quarters of doing nothing against the pick and roll, playing Frank and, yes, Lance Thomas, made all the difference. Good job by Horny too.
We're back, baby.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/6/2017  8:47 AM
Im sure the fans energy helps BUT it comes down to the players and coaching. Horny made some really great adjustments. KP so far has looked elite and our 19 year old rookie was getting it done on both sides of the floor
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/6/2017  9:05 AM
Wally had a good point which was that young teams can be more impacted by that good and bad. I think we saw that on both sides of the ball
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/6/2017  9:08 AM
Disagree. Its valiant League Pass subscribers who are holding this down with our couch cheers.
EnySpree

11/6/2017  9:32 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Disagree. Its valiant League Pass subscribers who are holding this down with our couch cheers.

Yeah man it's everyone. All of our voices.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/6/2017  9:32 AM
The shots fall, and suddenly everything's good. The game has always been about buckets.

We'd even be in the playoff hunt right now in the West!
And please identify yourself if you EVER thought we would be 7 spots above the LeCavs right now!

I so happy!

EnySpree

11/6/2017  9:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2017  10:11 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Im sure the fans energy helps BUT it comes down to the players and coaching. Horny made some really great adjustments. KP so far has looked elite and our 19 year old rookie was getting it done on both sides of the floor

If that's the energy you want to project then that's what you can expect. Its the law of attraction....

Boston and the Lakers stay wining. They rarely have a huge gap between winning.... ever met a Boston or Lakers fan? They can't tell you **** about the history. They don't care. Their pride and ****iness is what pushes them to win.... The Lakers traded gal Goodrich for the pick that brought them magic Johnson. They already had Kareem and a stacked Lakers team. They fell off a little then started getting really good young players. Next thing you know they have Shaq and they are trading vlade for the pick that drafts Kobe...phil Jackson is there they are getting rings. Then they trade shaq, get gasol, draft Bynum and they win more rings. Now look at them now.... They are about to start wining again. You can run that same story for Boston. They didn't always have the same people managing. All that stuff isnt skill. These guys have the law of attraction going for them. Look at miami.... sucker ass fan base but they are ****y and they think try are better all around. None of them even remember the Shaq championship.... but watch them rise again.

Go through our history. After the Ewing era, we fell off the earth. Look at our fan base. Just as nasty as our misfortunes. everything had gone wrong. Look what we did to Scott Layden, Isiah, Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins... Phil Jackson. All of their legacy tarnished. I believe it's because of us. We don't believe in anything and we all talk horrible about the team.

We gotta change this!

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/6/2017  10:30 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Im sure the fans energy helps BUT it comes down to the players and coaching. Horny made some really great adjustments. KP so far has looked elite and our 19 year old rookie was getting it done on both sides of the floor

If that's the energy you want to project then that's what you can expect. Its the law of attraction....

Boston and the Lakers stay wining. They rarely have a huge gap between winning.... ever met a Boston or Lakers fan? They can't tell you **** about the history. They don't care. Their pride and ****iness is what pushes them to win.... The Lakers traded gal Goodrich for the pick that brought them magic Johnson. They already had Kareem and a stacked Lakers team. They fell off a little then started getting really good young players. Next thing you know they have Shaq and they are trading vlade for the pick that drafts Kobe...phil Jackson is there they are getting rings. Then they trade shaq, get gasol, draft Bynum and they win more rings. Now look at them now.... They are about to start wining again. You can run that same story for Boston. They didn't always have the same people managing. All that stuff isnt skill. These guys have the law of attraction going for them. Look at miami.... sucker ass fan base but they are ****y and they think try are better all around. None of them even remember the Shaq championship.... but watch them rise again.

Go through our history. After the Ewing era, we fell off the earth. Look at our fan base. Just as nasty as our misfortunes. everything had gone wrong. Look what we did to Scott Layden, Isiah, Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins... Phil Jackson. All of their legacy tarnished. I believe it's because of us. We don't believe in anything and we all talk horrible about the team.

We gotta change this!

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57475

EnySpree

11/6/2017  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2017  10:50 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

We gotta change this!

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=57475

Not for nothing who did I bash in this post? I was still positive even though I **** on Willy.... Willy is still soft. Kp and the rest stepped up their presence.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/6/2017  10:52 AM

EnySpree

11/6/2017  11:35 AM
Anyway the power is in our voices. That is the message... We are the movement
StarksEwing1

11/6/2017  11:43 AM
EnySpree wrote:Anyway the power is in our voices. That is the message... We are the movement
sorry man but this made me laugh. Anyway its good that the fans are excited...we should all be with the way our team is playing BUT it really comes down to the players and coaching. So far the team is really coming together
EnySpree

11/6/2017  11:46 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Anyway the power is in our voices. That is the message... We are the movement
sorry man but this made me laugh. Anyway its good that the fans are excited...we should all be with the way our team is playing BUT it really comes down to the players and coaching. So far the team is really coming together

If you think thats comical then I hope you could at least read up and understand where im coming from. #lawofattraction become better.... give as much as you receive because we are very much connected.

StarksEwing1

11/6/2017  11:54 AM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If you think thats comical then I hope you could at least read up and understand where im coming from. #lawofattraction become better.... give as much as you receive because we are very much connected.

i agree fans can help BUT its still on the players to get the job done. Im not trying to downplay our fans because its a great time to be a knick fan. I just dont believe that the fans beat indiana. The players and coaching deserve the bulk of the credit...they earned it
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/6/2017  12:12 PM
I used to think the best thing about the knicks was that we as fans make players better than they are. We wouldn't let them settle, and people would come to new york and have to up there games. Starks was the embodiment of this.

But the last 17 years have shown me that that isn't true and it never was true.

KP and the gang won the game.

We were helpful, somewhat.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/6/2017  12:24 PM
Still too early in the season for me to get overly excited, even though we are seeing some good things happening right before our eyes.

Games are like moments and there will always be flux. Really looking to see how we respond the next time we play Boston...or Houston, or how will we play against the Pacers on their home court.

Besides the MVP play by KP, the bulldogging of Kanter on offense and on the boards, and the slow emergence of Frank on offense (His D is already superb-By the end of the year, barring injury, with more experience and understanding of opponent tendencies, he will be considered an elite perimeter defender in the NBA.), our flexibility has been a surprise for me. We have a deep roster, and Hornacek has a bunch of tools in his toolbox.

Pretty exciting so far, but we have a ways to go. I just want to keep an even keel and not get too carried away. Hard to do this while watching the game and seeing the team respond like they did yesterday, and being in the Garden at this game must have been overwhelming in many ways, but there is another game coming up where the Knicks will have to prove themselves again.

I would look at how we win, or why we lose, and watch how certain players are progressing, or reacting to teams when they make adjustments.

What we are seeing is a team taking on an identity of sorts, and learning to be consistent in how they play, and so far it is looking pretty good.

Fingers crossed, but you have to like what you see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
EnySpree

11/6/2017  1:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i agree fans can help BUT its still on the players to get the job done. Im not trying to downplay our fans because its a great time to be a knick fan. I just dont believe that the fans beat indiana. The players and coaching deserve the bulk of the credit...they earned it

Well if you literally think I mean the fans won the game and the coaches and players had no part then you aren't understanding anything im trying to say

EnySpree

11/6/2017  1:24 PM
anrst wrote:I used to think the best thing about the knicks was that we as fans make players better than they are. We wouldn't let them settle, and people would come to new york and have to up there games. Starks was the embodiment of this.

But the last 17 years have shown me that that isn't true and it never was true.

KP and the gang won the game.

We were helpful, somewhat.

Talent and chemistry play a part... but if we keep doom and glooming how can we expect things to go right? We aren't attracting it to us. Yes the players play, but our karma had to shift if we wasn't a different outcome. We are partially in control of that.

StarksEwing1

11/6/2017  1:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Well if you literally think I mean the fans won the game and the coaches and players had no part then you aren't understanding anything im trying to say

I understand what you meant. It wasnt meant to be a insult toward you. In fact i agreed with most your points. Anyway i see where this is leading to so lets just agree its a good time to be a knick fan
I truly believe the fans beat Indiana last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy