[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD 11/5: Taps over Turner, Knicks outpace Indy
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

11/6/2017  7:12 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:What KP did in this game was pretty special. He virtually by himself stepped it up on both ends to get the Knicks back in it. Many superstars dominate on offense. Some great defenders dominate on defense. Last night was a unique game where a player dominated on offense (15 straight points at one point in the game) and also would not allow anything inside thus dominating defensively. It was two way impact. You don't see that too often.

He's the MVP of the league 9 games in, no questions about it.
Now I don't know if his body can hold up to play like this all season.

His last two years he's started well in November and most of December then had an injury or set back and had a rough January. I don't know if he can keep this MVP level play up.

If they keep his minutes around 32 he should be ok 👌 also now he is smarter how to prepair himself for a game and do not practice too much
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/6/2017  7:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2017  7:39 AM
Unbelievable game. Of course i did not make this one. Could feel the place jumping even from home. KP has been playing like an All Star/MVP candidate. He just could not miss. No one has been able to stop his post up.
The Kid and LT shut down ALL penetration in the 4rh Q. The Kid played like a top 5 pick. Made some clutch shots. Kanter has been playing like one of the best Centers in the league. His incredible rebounding has been a pleasant surprise. What a great pick up. Our bench had their best game in a long long time. Guys are all capable of contributing at NBA level.

During the last few games we have had the best player on the floor, a shut down defense when it counts, out worked teams on the boards and with hustle, had the better role players that are making shots, had the better coach, the better bench and difgerent guys able to step up when the team needed it most.

I jokingly predicted 54 wins for this team because of their depth but guess what, if we keep playing like this it may happen. Go Knicks!!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/6/2017  9:54 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Unbelievable game. Of course i did not make this one. Could feel the place jumping even from home. KP has been playing like an All Star/MVP candidate. He just could not miss. No one has been able to stop his post up.
The Kid and LT shut down ALL penetration in the 4rh Q. The Kid played like a top 5 pick. Made some clutch shots. Kanter has been playing like one of the best Centers in the league. His incredible rebounding has been a pleasant surprise. What a great pick up. Our bench had their best game in a long long time. Guys are all capable of contributing at NBA level.

During the last few games we have had the best player on the floor, a shut down defense when it counts, out worked teams on the boards and with hustle, had the better role players that are making shots, had the better coach, the better bench and difgerent guys able to step up when the team needed it most.

I jokingly predicted 54 wins for this team because of their depth but guess what, if we keep playing like this it may happen. Go Knicks!!

great call on the bold. I 100% thought this was the turning point of the game. Collison is good. He's one of the fastest PGs in the league. Frank was huge in stopping Collison and Lance had several stops where he forced Olidipo into long jumpers. To me that is the winning formula. If you can play great defense on the perimeter in this league your onto something. Its why GS is has been the best. Our bigs are already great on the glass. Lock down the wings and they just vacuum up all the boards.

It was inspiring to see that comeback being led by a) defense and b) our 22/19 year old centerpieces. <hears angels>

Who plays defense like Frank in the NBA right now? Honest question guys... who is playing that kind of D? He got caught on a switch last night and was on Myles Turner. He fronted him and made it the entry pass difficult. Turner had to go low and Frank got a piece ending in an Indy TO. It was orgasmic. Frank's arms are praying mantis like.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/6/2017  12:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Unbelievable game. Of course i did not make this one. Could feel the place jumping even from home. KP has been playing like an All Star/MVP candidate. He just could not miss. No one has been able to stop his post up.

great call on the bold. I 100% thought this was the turning point of the game. Collison is good. He's one of the fastest PGs in the league. Frank was huge in stopping Collison and Lance had several stops where he forced Olidipo into long jumpers. To me that is the winning formula. If you can play great defense on the perimeter in this league your onto something. Its why GS is has been the best. Our bigs are already great on the glass. Lock down the wings and they just vacuum up all the boards.

It was inspiring to see that comeback being led by a) defense and b) our 22/19 year old centerpieces. <hears angels>

Who plays defense like Frank in the NBA right now? Honest question guys... who is playing that kind of D? He got caught on a switch last night and was on Myles Turner. He fronted him and made it the entry pass difficult. Turner had to go low and Frank got a piece ending in an Indy TO. It was orgasmic. Frank's arms are praying mantis like.

I’ve been saying, frank is unique, the NBA has never seen a player like frank in this league.his defense is top of the league already, his IQ and vision is that of a pure floor general, he also has sharp shooting ability with his sweet smooth stroke. He needs to work on his penetration skills, but the size and skill are there to be a great penetrator. Frank is a lot like KP, KP had to work on his conditioning and post game, now look at KP !!! Same for frank he has the workethic and right mental makeup to be a super star, It’s going to be fun to watch! Frank is a beast child, I cant even imagine how good he will be by the end of the year or 22😎.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/6/2017  12:53 PM
I got Frank as young Dennis Johnson but with better range and better vision
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/6/2017  12:59 PM
As a few commented earlier -- Frank pretty much shuts down penetration and he flattens out the opposing PG.

One-one --- he really seems to be able to control the ball handler -- even dealing with screens he is smart/agile enough to work thru traffic and recover in time to slow penetration.

He isn't physical (yet) but for a big PG he has great/smooth feet that allow him to extend his pressure without simply getting blown by --- love watching him play.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/6/2017  2:52 PM
fishmike wrote:

Prying Mantis
Frenchie Mantis
The Mantis
French Mantis

Some potential here...A Mantis related moniker might be something to consider.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fishmike
USA
11/6/2017  4:10 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Prying Mantis
Frenchie Mantis
The Mantis
French Mantis

fishmike
USA
11/6/2017  4:26 PM
LivingLegend wrote:As a few commented earlier -- Frank pretty much shuts down penetration and he flattens out the opposing PG.

One-one --- he really seems to be able to control the ball handler -- even dealing with screens he is smart/agile enough to work thru traffic and recover in time to slow penetration.

He isn't physical (yet) but for a big PG he has great/smooth feet that allow him to extend his pressure without simply getting blown by --- love watching him play.

Yes. And Fitz you are correct. I was cool with drafting him. We sucked on D for so long. I was hoping for a good defender. What Frank is showing is the ability to impact the game like a rim protector. He's the Deke of guards. His passing is great. His a few shots and he's already a gem.

The thing is what a game changer when you have great perimeter D. If you have guys like Frank/Lee/THj/McD/Lance locking it down and guys like KP as your last line and working the boards you are really onto something.

So great seeing the coach make defensive adjustments and for the result to be a total suffocation.

I keep thinking Frank is too good to be true, I am just over excited about a Knick who defends. Then I see him blanket Collison, a guy who beats everyone off the dribble. That was glove like D. Vintage Gary Payton.

Dear opposing PGs,
I know your used to playing in the paint. Thats just not happening tonight.
Thanks,
Frank

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2017  5:08 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Prying Mantis
Frenchie Mantis
The Mantis
French Mantis

WaltLongmire

11/6/2017  5:26 PM
Marv wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Prying Mantis
Frenchie Mantis
The Mantis
French Mantis

Doesn't exactly look like a baller to me, but he seems to have a good wingspan like Frank.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/6/2017  8:30 PM
nixluva wrote:Here’s a video breaking down the adjustments Jeff had the Knicks make to stop the Pacers PnR.

How has this man not been signed? Does such a good job

The Future is Bright!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/6/2017  9:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2017  9:47 PM
fishmike wrote:

He was pretty damn impressive. He contests everything. Frank does not allow clean looks. His feet are always moving, and he understands the pick and roll better than any guard I've seen where a Knicks jersey in, I dont even know. I feel bad for doubting him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
WaltLongmire

11/6/2017  10:57 PM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:Here’s a video breaking down the adjustments Jeff had the Knicks make to stop the Pacers PnR.

How has this man not been signed? Does such a good job

Good stuff...definitely helps me understand the game more...also gives you a good idea of on the court communication.

Hard to see this watching a game without an analysis breakdown like this...

fishmike
USA
11/7/2017  10:50 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He was pretty damn impressive. He contests everything. Frank does not allow clean looks. His feet are always moving, and he understands the pick and roll better than any guard I've seen where a Knicks jersey in, I dont even know. I feel bad for doubting him

good! Now get over it and enjoy! Kum bah ya MOFO! This kid is our own French Prince! Everyone else get your own! We have been so used to somehow getting hosed. One can never blame a Knick fan for assuming the worst. We have all been in an abusive relationship for too long! You are forgiven. I cleans you of this sin! It looks like our short trip to the lottery may have yielded a couple of true building blocks.
GAME THREAD 11/5: Taps over Turner, Knicks outpace Indy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy