[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD 11/5: Taps over Turner, Knicks outpace Indy
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

11/5/2017  10:36 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:Franks gotta take that into the teeth of the defense...Make them commit..

He will....He's a very smart kid and he's coachable, which is great. He has the tools to do whatever he wants out there. I think he's being managed at a great pace. Glad he go some end game experience.....Thats a huge step!


I think Frank is still in an "I don't want to screw things up" mode on offense. On D he is looking more and more relaxed.

Just a matter of time before he is more confident on offense in terms of looking for his own shot or driving to create.

I think he is trying to show how easily he can set up KP which he did well today. He wants to be a starter


Have to feed the big dog some treats to keep him happy.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Posts: 21615
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

11/5/2017  10:41 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
PresIke wrote:Amazing this is the same team as last year, yet I know it’s not.

Early, yes but seems completely different

What??? Same as last year? Really ? Completely different. KP much stronger. Kanter- new, Timmy-new, Frankie-new, Jack-new, McDermott-new, Lee playing much better. Offense -new and exciting. Half the team is new and making significant contributions.

Not to mention minus a slightly important player nicknamed Melo.
knicks1248
Posts: 36273
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/5/2017  10:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Thomas, KP and Frank made a difference defensively in the 4th. Frank was creating havoc with Collison and Oladipo and Thomas made it hard for them to run their plays. 6. Locks is intimadating and it changes the game.

Inserting Lance at the 3,and Mcd at the 2, made it tough for Indi, it was a great adjustment by the coaching staff

amazing considering Mills is still here

Hey, i'll give props when they're due, even if i trash someone. If the team plays well, and guys step up like they're doing, kudos to mills but if it's the opposite, and im suppose to give him the same praise?

You know at the end of the day all i care about is winning

ES
fitzfarm
Posts: 23609
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2010
Member: #3285

11/5/2017  10:56 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:Franks gotta take that into the teeth of the defense...Make them commit..

He will....He's a very smart kid and he's coachable, which is great. He has the tools to do whatever he wants out there. I think he's being managed at a great pace. Glad he go some end game experience.....Thats a huge step!


I think Frank is still in an "I don't want to screw things up" mode on offense. On D he is looking more and more relaxed.

Just a matter of time before he is more confident on offense in terms of looking for his own shot or driving to create.

I think he is trying to show how easily he can set up KP which he did well today. He wants to be a starter


Have to feed the big dog some treats to keep him happy.

Man oh man Frankie locked Collison down at 19!!! Thomas and Frank shut down the pacers backcourt, that defense was special to watch i cant believe he is only 19, his IQ and court vision is spectacular. I think hitting those big threes, are just what the doctor ordered for his shooting touch.

When frank is hitting his shots and taking command of the offense with his vision he his hard to take off the floor like tonight. Like KP I think this kid is unique and the NBA has yet to see a PG like frank.

Tonight’s game reminded me of the grit of the early 90’s teams. KP is becoming a GOD before our eyes! This is the beginning of the PORZINGOD era in the nba,a new era like never seen before. This kid is unstoppable right now.

Great game, great win!!

PhilinLA
Posts: 24874
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/12/2004
Member: #696
11/5/2017  11:05 PM
What a win! KP and Frank need to be in for all the big minutes, and I think Frank should start, because the D starts with Frank and KP.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2017  11:09 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:Franks gotta take that into the teeth of the defense...Make them commit..

He will....He's a very smart kid and he's coachable, which is great. He has the tools to do whatever he wants out there. I think he's being managed at a great pace. Glad he go some end game experience.....Thats a huge step!


I think Frank is still in an "I don't want to screw things up" mode on offense. On D he is looking more and more relaxed.

Just a matter of time before he is more confident on offense in terms of looking for his own shot or driving to create.

I think he is trying to show how easily he can set up KP which he did well today. He wants to be a starter


Have to feed the big dog some treats to keep him happy.

Man oh man Frankie locked Collison down at 19!!! Thomas and Frank shut down the pacers backcourt, that defense was special to watch i cant believe he is only 19, his IQ and court vision is spectacular. I think hitting those big threes, are just what the doctor ordered for his shooting touch.

When frank is hitting his shots and taking command of the offense with his vision he his hard to take off the floor like tonight. Like KP I think this kid is unique and the NBA has yet to see a PG like frank.

Tonight’s game reminded me of the grit of the early 90’s teams. KP is becoming a GOD before our eyes! This is the beginning of the PORZINGOD era in the nba,a new era like never seen before. This kid is unstoppable right now.

Great game, great win!!

This was a great breakout type game for Frank. He’s still got a long way to go but he’s starting to realize how to be more effective. When to go rather than hold back.

Frank has some SLICK passes that are just exquisite in timing and delivery. He really can run this offense and will only get better.

EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/5/2017  11:30 PM
Clean wrote:I would have never guessed it but Kanter seems to be the perfect big to pair with KP. He does all the offensive dirty work and rebounds like crazy. Kanter is also a very willing passer when he sees people cutting to the hoop.

They each do things the other can't do. They are a perfect tandem. You add in KOQ with his motor, toughness and passing ability as you have a really good rotation. Noah hasn't even had a chance to contribute yet.

You know why I'm here....
fwk00
Posts: 20735
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

11/6/2017  12:58 AM
Thank you, Phil.
skoonix
Posts: 20048
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/31/2014
Member: #5909

11/6/2017  1:04 AM
What a great game to watch. For this team to come back from 20 points down was HUGE. I really enjoy watching a Knicks team play D. And Kanter is playing really well on the boards - EVERYONE seems to be pitching in and playing as a TEAM! GO KNICKS!
nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2017  1:11 AM
Here’s a video breaking down the adjustments Jeff had the Knicks make to stop the Pacers PnR.

martin
Posts: 46304
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2017  1:23 AM
nixluva wrote:Here’s a video breaking down the adjustments Jeff had the Knicks make to stop the Pacers PnR.

Wow great video

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2017  1:30 AM
nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2017  1:41 AM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:Here’s a video breaking down the adjustments Jeff had the Knicks make to stop the Pacers PnR.

Wow great video

Yeah I love their videos. We’re really seeing the coaching and players coming together. What’s special is this is also a Teaching Season which makes it even more impressive the job Jeff and his staff are doing. Funny how much it helps when players fully BUY IN rather than RESIST coaching.

martin
Posts: 46304
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2017  2:15 AM
Rebecca looking FABULOUS tonight!!!!!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Posts: 36273
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2017  2:31 AM
martin wrote:Rebecca looking FABULOUS tonight!!!!!

she's come a long way, she looks great and is doing much better at her job

ES
knicks1248
Posts: 36273
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/6/2017  2:32 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:Here’s a video breaking down the adjustments Jeff had the Knicks make to stop the Pacers PnR.

Wow great video

Yeah I love their videos. We’re really seeing the coaching and players coming together. What’s special is this is also a Teaching Season which makes it even more impressive the job Jeff and his staff are doing. Funny how much it helps when players fully BUY IN rather than RESIST coaching.


this is pretty cool stuff
ES
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

11/6/2017  6:07 AM
fwk00 wrote:Thank you, Phil.

Yep.
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

11/6/2017  6:08 AM
martin wrote:Rebecca looking FABULOUS tonight!!!!!

Dude every game thread!
Should she get a restraining order soon
BRIGGS
Posts: 49442
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
11/6/2017  6:17 AM
Wow---when has basketball been like this in NY? We were pretty good about 6 years ago for one season with Melo before that --what more than a decade? If youre a Knicks fan its pretty simple--you know a LOT of losing. For someone 20 to lets say 27 years old--basically you grew up with a horrid team.

Watching KP these games its like youre in a lucid dream--si this happening. Well for you young fans let me give you this--for all the fane fair you hear about Patrick Ewing or even Bernard King--I even started watching basketball young enough to remember Clyde--NONE of these guys are KP

nyknickzingis
Posts: 22706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

11/6/2017  6:43 AM
What KP did in this game was pretty special. He virtually by himself stepped it up on both ends to get the Knicks back in it. Many superstars dominate on offense. Some great defenders dominate on defense. Last night was a unique game where a player dominated on offense (15 straight points at one point in the game) and also would not allow anything inside thus dominating defensively. It was two way impact. You don't see that too often.

He's the MVP of the league 9 games in, no questions about it.
Now I don't know if his body can hold up to play like this all season.

His last two years he's started well in November and most of December then had an injury or set back and had a rough January. I don't know if he can keep this MVP level play up.

GAME THREAD 11/5: Taps over Turner, Knicks outpace Indy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.