knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/5/2017  10:08 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:we haven't had a come back like this in phils entire tenure

can you ever say anything positive, AT ALL?????

when you stop the melo hate, and BTW how is that negative? We blew more leads and loss more close games under pj and that stupid slow as a turtle triangle offense..Thats just a fact

You realize that the Knicks are still very much a Half Court team running a very Triangular Style Of Offense? It’s still very much the Hybrid Triangle Jeff created last season!

Also KP is doing exactly what Phil suggested by posting more!!!

The key word is hybrid, something both JH and fisher wanted to do with the triangle,and phil shut it down.

ES
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
11/5/2017  10:08 PM
Thomas, KP and Frank made a difference defensively in the 4th. Frank was creating havoc with Collison and Oladipo and Thomas made it hard for them to run their plays. 6. Locks is intimadating and it changes the game.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/5/2017  10:10 PM
Paris907 wrote:Thomas, KP and Frank made a difference defensively in the 4th. Frank was creating havoc with Collison and Oladipo and Thomas made it hard for them to run their plays. 6. Locks is intimadating and it changes the game.

Inserting Lance at the 3,and Mcd at the 2, made it tough for Indi, it was a great adjustment by the coaching staff

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2017  10:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

when you stop the melo hate, and BTW how is that negative? We blew more leads and loss more close games under pj and that stupid slow as a turtle triangle offense..Thats just a fact

You realize that the Knicks are still very much a Half Court team running a very Triangular Style Of Offense? It’s still very much the Hybrid Triangle Jeff created last season!

The key word is hybrid, something both JH and fisher wanted to do with the triangle,and phil shut it down.

JESUS! That’s not what happened. Phil only asked that they reinforce Fundamentals but they NEVER went 100% Pure Triangle and the Hybrid remained to the end of the season.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/5/2017  10:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Not untrue re the Triangle. There are things we do which remind me of the Phil years.

KP'a midrange game is nice to see. Still has some work to do to polish it up, but he's taken a giant step so far, and seems more confident on both sides of the floor.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
blkexec
Member: #748
11/5/2017  10:13 PM
Uptown wrote:Franks gotta take that into the teeth of the defense...Make them commit..

He will....He's a very smart kid and he's coachable, which is great. He has the tools to do whatever he wants out there. I think he's being managed at a great pace. Glad he go some end game experience.....Thats a huge step!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/5/2017  10:14 PM
Wish they kept stats on shots altered (KP) and turnovers forced (Ntilikina) - this was just amazing to watch. The shot blocking just destroyed the pacers momentum
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/5/2017  10:14 PM
nixluva wrote:You realize that the Knicks are still very much a Half Court team running a very Triangular Style Of Offense? It’s still very much the Hybrid Triangle Jeff created last season!

The Triangle Offense, aka the "Triple Post Offense" is in play here?

Or is it because the Knicks are starting a guy (Kanter) who can only do one thing offensively (albeit, he does it well) which is play with his back to the basket.

( Great win for this team. Max effort, team ball, trying to play the right way. Hornacek might keep his job after all. )

meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  10:17 PM
Somewhere near downtown Carmel, Reggie Miller is crying.
nixluva
USA
11/5/2017  10:17 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Wish they kept stats on shots altered (KP) and turnovers forced (Ntilikina) - this was just amazing to watch. The shot blocking just destroyed the pacers momentum

When the Knicks are locked in they can be very DISRUPTIVE.

WaltLongmire

11/5/2017  10:18 PM
Was good to see Lance play the way he did.

Folks old enough to remember the 2 Knicks title teams know that besides the big names they always had bench players who came up big at certain moments...the good teams always have them.

Hornacek actually has a pretty good bench to go to, arguably one of the deepest we've had in recent years. I unexpected hero of the day trend to continue.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
11/5/2017  10:20 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:You realize that the Knicks are still very much a Half Court team running a very Triangular Style Of Offense? It’s still very much the Hybrid Triangle Jeff created last season!

The Triangle Offense, aka the "Triple Post Offense" is in play here?

Or is it because the Knicks are starting a guy (Kanter) who can only do one thing offensively (albeit, he does it well) which is play with his back to the basket.

( Great win for this team. Max effort, team ball, trying to play the right way. Hornacek might keep his job after all. )

Even without Kanter the Knicks where going to have Bigs who could benefit from Triangle elements. Also lots of players that don’t create their own shots. It just makes sense to use some of those Triangle Concepts.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/5/2017  10:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Thomas, KP and Frank made a difference defensively in the 4th. Frank was creating havoc with Collison and Oladipo and Thomas made it hard for them to run their plays. 6. Locks is intimadating and it changes the game.

Inserting Lance at the 3,and Mcd at the 2, made it tough for Indi, it was a great adjustment by the coaching staff

amazing considering Mills is still here
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/5/2017  10:23 PM
PresIke wrote:Amazing this is the same team as last year, yet I know it’s not.

Early, yes but seems completely different

What??? Same as last year? Really ? Completely different. KP much stronger. Kanter- new, Timmy-new, Frankie-new, Jack-new, McDermott-new, Lee playing much better. Offense -new and exciting. Half the team is new and making significant contributions.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/5/2017  10:24 PM
Jeff coached a good game.

The team is running his offense. It is working for the most part.

The difference is that team now competes defensively. It is a sight to behold.

Ntikikina will be a force in the D as he gets more experience.

Hardaway will need to get more consistent to help carry the team when KP has a dip.

Great win. They are having fun playing basketball. I have not seen that in a Knicks team in a long time

WaltLongmire

11/5/2017  10:27 PM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:Franks gotta take that into the teeth of the defense...Make them commit..

He will....He's a very smart kid and he's coachable, which is great. He has the tools to do whatever he wants out there. I think he's being managed at a great pace. Glad he go some end game experience.....Thats a huge step!

I think Frank is still in an "I don't want to screw things up" mode on offense. On D he is looking more and more relaxed.

Just a matter of time before he is more confident on offense in terms of looking for his own shot or driving to create.

Clean
Member: #743
11/5/2017  10:27 PM
I would have never guessed it but Kanter seems to be the perfect big to pair with KP. He does all the offensive dirty work and rebounds like crazy. Kanter is also a very willing passer when he sees people cutting to the hoop.
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
11/5/2017  10:29 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Jeff coached a good game.

The team is running his offense. It is working for the most part.

The difference is that team now competes defensively. It is a sight to behold.

Ntikikina will be a force in the D as he gets more experience.

Hardaway will need to get more consistent to help carry the team when KP has a dip.

Great win. They are having fun playing basketball. I have not seen that in a Knicks team in a long time

We got to give horny credit, he made some changes in that 2nd half and it actually worked

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  10:30 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I think Frank is still in an "I don't want to screw things up" mode on offense. On D he is looking more and more relaxed.

Just a matter of time before he is more confident on offense in terms of looking for his own shot or driving to create.

I think he is trying to show how easily he can set up KP which he did well today. He wants to be a starter

WP76
Member: #4508

11/5/2017  10:35 PM
Somewhere Reggie Miller is so pissed that he just threw Greg Anthony to the floor again.
GAME THREAD 11/5: Taps over Turner, Knicks outpace Indy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy