[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone Else Finally Enjoying Knicks Basketball?
Author Thread
OjilEye
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3017
USA
11/6/2017  12:49 AM
Does anyone else feel like we should still tank to some degree to put ourselves in the running for Porter or Doncic?
AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/6/2017  1:07 AM
fishmike wrote:Still think Kanter is a zero sum liability?

Long term, Yes.

He's playing well now. Mostly in part because Zinger's skill set shades his limitations.

He's overpaid for what he actually gives a team across the long haul. Does not defend (he's trying harder now, but he's basically in a contract year) , cannot protect the rim, and cannot space the floor with long range shooting. He doesn't know where to be defensively and more troubling, doesn't seem to even understand why he should be there.

He's a bad contract. He's shown the propensity to sulk and not give max effort when things are not going his way. He's a fair weather type personality and a front runner type player.

I'm weighing the sum of his entire NBA career, not just the past ten games or so. He plays like this for two seasons straight, then I'll weigh out that he might have actually changed for the long haul. Just not enough a sample size right now.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2017  8:01 AM
nixluva wrote:
Marv wrote:"Anyone Else Finally Enjoying Knicks Basketball?"

-hell to the yeah

-going to the garden today and PSYCHED

Hope they dominate today. Nothing better than being at a good Knicks game live.

Wow did i go to the right game.

Crowd stayed strong even through the miserable 1st half and most of 3rd quarter. As you saw our offense was listless and indy's 3's were just killing us, but the buzz in the garden was, ok if we're real this is where we'll show it. Crowd remained in it and rooting hard.

Place just exploded from the end of the 3rd quarter on. Playoff pitch. I don't know how much it showed on tv but mcdermott's intensity and physical play was insane. I thought he was going to end up in a fight. And every time lance showed an inclination to make an offensive move everyone gasped and held their breath but celebrated like crazy afterward.

Kp - one of the all-time great knick performances i've seen in the garden.

Frank - 1st time seeing him live after watching a lot of euro videos. His game is WEIRD for the nba. But you can see all the building blocks for how effective he's gonna be ( and already was in the 4th last night). I still think some billups/harper/dj hybrid is a good model for how he'll turn out.

Great night at the garden!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2017  8:10 AM
Marv wrote:
nixluva wrote:

-hell to the yeah

Crowd stayed strong even through the miserable 1st half and most of 3rd quarter. As you saw our offense was listless and indy's 3's were just killing us, but the buzz in the garden was, ok if we're real this is where we'll show it. Crowd remained in it and rooting hard.

Place just exploded from the end of the 3rd quarter on. Playoff pitch. I don't know how much it showed on tv but mcdermott's intensity and physical play was insane. I thought he was going to end up in a fight. And every time lance showed an inclination to make an offensive move everyone gasped and held their breath but celebrated like crazy afterward.

Frank - 1st time seeing him live after watching a lot of euro videos. His game is WEIRD for the nba. But you can see all the building blocks for how effective he's gonna be ( and already was in the 4th last night). I still think some billups/harper/dj hybrid is a good model for how he'll turn out.

Welcome back to the board. Your fruity drink is in the fridge

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/6/2017  8:11 AM
OjilEye wrote:Does anyone else feel like we should still tank to some degree to put ourselves in the running for Porter or Doncic?

No one wants to tank but what if one more bad season nets a player like Ben Simmons to pair with Porzingis? While this is fun team to watch and they play hard no one is mistaking this team for a championship contender. However if the Knicks were to grab a do everything player like Doncic this team becomes a championship threat for the next decade. I just don't want a few more wins this year to cost us an opportunity at being an elite team.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2017  8:28 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Marv wrote:
nixluva wrote:

-hell to the yeah

totally down for that

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/6/2017  8:46 AM
And to think some people wanted to trade Porzingis for Josh Jackson, or another high draft pick. I swear some Knicks fans just want to be miserable.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/6/2017  8:59 AM
Knixkik wrote:And to think some people wanted to trade Porzingis for Josh Jackson, or another high draft pick. I swear some Knicks fans just want to be miserable.

Those who wanted KP traded man up..

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/6/2017  9:29 AM
Marv wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Marv wrote:
nixluva wrote:

-hell to the yeah

totally down for that

welcome back -- I do think you picked the right game... if things maintain the way they are, I do think this game will be remembered as the beginning

that said, basketball is a game of runs and I probably just jinxed everything

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/6/2017  12:20 PM
fishmike wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
fin89 wrote:The last couple seasons have been brutal, but now I feel like I can finally enjoy a game. It is so refreshing watching young players develop, seeing effort and defense, and no more off court drama. Fingers crossed but if we keep this up, it could be a nice ride this year.

It's nice to see the franchise simply not going out of it's way to make things harder than it has to be.

Getting a geriatric front office head with no previous experience with enemies around the league and forcing a complicated and controversial offense onto the team was just making things harder than it had to be. Was it that hard to find a young guy with upside who had actual experience in a winning NBA front office? With some scouting and analytics and cap background, who had some exposure already to owners and agents and college coaches and his own peer group in other front offices? The league is full of guys working hard to get their chance, earning their bones in blood in real front office grunt jobs, and the the Knicks pick the most insane choice possible. Taking the simple and making it just stupid, this is how the Knicks hurt themselves for so long.

Giving a NTC to a selfish me first iso player who stopped the ball and didn't give max effort and only cared about selling his next cell phone or bottle of cologne or gym membership or whatever else was also insane. How hard was it to just trade the dude when it was clear he was net negative to the future of the roster ( During and after Linsanity when he drove out the core cogs that actually played max effort team basketball should have been a clue)

Win or lose, I'm enjoying team play, max effort and not making things harder than it has to be (it's hard enough already to win in this league)

Still think Kanter is a zero sum liability?

Probably not, but I'm glad he's still fixated on the "selfish me first iso player who never gave max effort and only cared about ....blah blah blah" [copy and paste]

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Kanter seems legitimately concerned when someone scores on him now. Didn't see that too often in the lowlights I saw when he was in OKC... Must be the direct result of that "coach-killing team cancer yoot-development detriment" not being here...

Anyone Else Finally Enjoying Knicks Basketball?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy