[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what it will say about Melo if we go to playoffs ?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/5/2017  2:10 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Think about it this way - for 6 years Melo apologists and trolls have told us the he holds the ball and doesn't pass because he never had anyone around him worth passing to.
Now that he has two all stars around him with a complement of players that can win it all his assist numbers have been cut from 2.8 per game to 1.9 per game.

Even with a elite team around him, he is a net negative player (BPM = - 0.5) with a VORP of 0.1 - which essentially means his "performance" is exactly equal to the average replacement player. But the trolls will tell you he deserves all of his $25M - being a player of his "stature". I am sure he is playing even worse because of the residual effects of having to play the triangle for half a season last year, yeah that must be it.

That's all you need to know about Queen Melo and the trolls of the round table.

Yeah. Why don't you go back to your old user name from 6 years ago?

Posters who would never STFU about Melo, EVER. Calling other posters "trolls". Now Ive heard everything.

How about posters who never STFU about Phil, EVER? Thoughts on those? At least I don't build a web of hypocrisy to hide behind. I hate Melo and what he did to the Knicks - never claimed otherwise.

One player vs one Exec with all the power, who remade the roster, gave Melo that NTC. whose decisions are still being felt by the team. Big fing difference. I would love to put Phil in the past, if we dont have any more moronic threads about missing the Triangle, not missing Melo etc etc.. Havent see any threads for some time about not missing Phil.

As for you, dont care if you had another handle. You joined this board, gave yourself that username, with the clear intent to troll this board endlessly over Melo (which you have) until he was gone.

Now you are trying to rewrite history. Trying to paper over that you have been since joining under this username, one of the most divisive posters on this board. Not buying what you're selling, never have.

No idea what you are talking about? What have I papered over and rewritten? I am KNICKS fan and not a Melo fan and I have wanted him gone from day 1. What is there to paper over? I just said it, AGAIN - I HATE MELO. Hasn't changed, won't change EVER.

You can call me divisive all you want, I post what I believe and the way I see it. I don't sugar coat the ****. We were **** for 6 years, glad he is gone.

I was pointing out the flaws in Melo's game on this board, years before you started posting here under this username. Just didnt obsess over the holes in his game like you have, given the serious lack of talent that surrounded Melo for the bulk of his time in NY.

Melo took up most of your time here, not the Knicks. You found a way to work Melo into many an unrelated conversation. I cant sugarcoat the dead horse you beat.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/5/2017  2:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2017  2:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Think about it this way - for 6 years Melo apologists and trolls have told us the he holds the ball and doesn't pass because he never had anyone around him worth passing to.
Now that he has two all stars around him with a complement of players that can win it all his assist numbers have been cut from 2.8 per game to 1.9 per game.

Even with a elite team around him, he is a net negative player (BPM = - 0.5) with a VORP of 0.1 - which essentially means his "performance" is exactly equal to the average replacement player. But the trolls will tell you he deserves all of his $25M - being a player of his "stature". I am sure he is playing even worse because of the residual effects of having to play the triangle for half a season last year, yeah that must be it.

Posters who would never STFU about Melo, EVER. Calling other posters "trolls". Now Ive heard everything.

How about posters who never STFU about Phil, EVER? Thoughts on those? At least I don't build a web of hypocrisy to hide behind. I hate Melo and what he did to the Knicks - never claimed otherwise.

One player vs one Exec with all the power, who remade the roster, gave Melo that NTC. whose decisions are still being felt by the team. Big fing difference. I would love to put Phil in the past, if we dont have any more moronic threads about missing the Triangle, not missing Melo etc etc.. Havent see any threads for some time about not missing Phil.

As for you, dont care if you had another handle. You joined this board, gave yourself that username, with the clear intent to troll this board endlessly over Melo (which you have) until he was gone.

Now you are trying to rewrite history. Trying to paper over that you have been since joining under this username, one of the most divisive posters on this board. Not buying what you're selling, never have.

No idea what you are talking about? What have I papered over and rewritten? I am KNICKS fan and not a Melo fan and I have wanted him gone from day 1. What is there to paper over? I just said it, AGAIN - I HATE MELO. Hasn't changed, won't change EVER.

You can call me divisive all you want, I post what I believe and the way I see it. I don't sugar coat the ****. We were **** for 6 years, glad he is gone.

I was pointing out the flaws in Melo's game on this board, years before you started posting here under this username. Just didnt obsess over the holes in his game like you have, given the serious lack of talent that surrounded Melo for the bulk of his time in NY.

Melo took up most of your time here, not the Knicks. You found a way to work Melo into many an unrelated conversation. I cant sugarcoat the dead horse you beat.

He was the face the franchise that he castrated. He was what was destroying the Knicks and I was hell bent on seeing him gone. I responded to a poster who created a thread about Melo - if this was unrelated to Melo, forgive me.

But honestly the OP didn't ask anything about Phil - now go look at the first two pages again. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander, right?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/5/2017  2:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He was the face the franchise that he castrated. He was what was destroying the Knicks and I was hell bent on seeing him gone. I responded to a poster who created a thread about Melo - if this was unrelated to Melo, forgive me.

But honestly the OP didn't ask anything about Phil - now go look at the first two pages again. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander, right?

The second post in the thread was about Phil. The conversation about Phil started way back there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

11/5/2017  2:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

But honestly the OP didn't ask anything about Phil - now go look at the first two pages again.

This exchange is about you calling other posters "trolls" who weren't as down on Melo as you were. If you arent a hypocrite as you say. The handle, the endless Melo comments, regardless of the subject, should make you consider that calling other posters "trolls" is at least problematic.

I defended most of Phil's moves up to the Rose/Noah deal. Anyone who tries to infer that I was always criticizing Phil, can look at the first few years he was here.

You like Melo so much that you still need to make your username about him? Hmmmmmmmm

meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  2:31 PM
And just to be clear I never implied you sugar coated anything or you didn't criticize Melo. I think you are one of the more balanced posters here. I used to read this forum long before I posted here and there were definitely a lot of good posters some who don't post here anymore or were banned. I remember reading TMS, Islefan and crazy Bip etc. with interest. This forum taught me a lot about basketball - a game I have never played and only sort of adopted after I moved to the US. So yes I wont be able to contribute a lot of technical stuff like Nixluva does. THAT is why I come here, and why I didn't post for many years. I just don't have an intuitive understanding that you guys have. But I do have a very data and stats based approach to everything including basketball, so I can talk about that all day long.
meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  2:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

But honestly the OP didn't ask anything about Phil - now go look at the first two pages again.

This exchange is about you calling other posters "trolls" who weren't as down on Melo as you were. If you arent a hypocrite as you say. The handle, the endless Melo comments, regardless of the subject, should make you consider that calling other posters "trolls" is at least problematic.

I defended most of Phil's moves up to the Rose/Noah deal. Anyone who tries to infer that I was always criticizing Phil, can look at the first few years he was here.

You like Melo so much that you still need to make your username about him? Hmmmmmmmm

Maybe if you fixate on something other than my username, we could even be friends..

GustavBahler

11/5/2017  2:42 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Maybe if you fixate on something other than my username, we could even be friends..

LMAO, nice try slick. Just pointing out your continued fixation with Melo, with a little humor.
Should have known that you cant let him go.

Fennin'
Feenin'

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/5/2017  2:44 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

He isn't on the Knicks anymore.

With Westbrook still dominating the ball and looking to post A Triple double every game, PG13's assist#s are down as well.

We would be even better with Melo right now, as long as there's no triangle

ES
meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  2:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

LMAO, nice try slick. Just pointing out your continued fixation with Melo, with a little humor.

Fennin'
Feenin'

Oh well it was worth a shot. I do enjoy reading your posts. Peace.

meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  2:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

With Westbrook still dominating the ball and looking to post A Triple double every game, PG13's assist#s are down as well.

We would be even better with Melo right now, as long as there's no triangle

Yes, yes its always someone else's fault

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/5/2017  3:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

So? - I am responding to the question asked about what it would say about Melo if we make it to the playoffs, by pointing out how negatively he impacts the team he is on. The Knicks have changed for the better, he has gotten worse. Watch how the trolls will respond to me - but not one of them will provide a single stat that supports any of the gibberish about his game declining because of the triangle and other nonsense they post. I used BPM and VORP from BKREF anyone can go look them up.

Everyone is solely responsible for their own posts.

Melo is clearly your preferred topic, regardless of what team he is on.

GustavBahler

11/5/2017  3:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Fennin'
Feenin'

If you hadnt spent the better part of the last three years making talk about a subject that doesn't have to do with Melo, as difficult as you did. I would have responded differently. Wasn't fun.

I appreciate the gesture. Im not a perfect poster myself.

meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  3:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

So? - I am responding to the question asked about what it would say about Melo if we make it to the playoffs, by pointing out how negatively he impacts the team he is on. The Knicks have changed for the better, he has gotten worse. Watch how the trolls will respond to me - but not one of them will provide a single stat that supports any of the gibberish about his game declining because of the triangle and other nonsense they post. I used BPM and VORP from BKREF anyone can go look them up.

I had to suffer him destroying the Knicks four six years, he will continue to be my preferred topic for while. No argument

meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  3:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Fennin'
Feenin'

If you hadnt spent the better part of the last three years making talk about a subject that doesn't have to do with Melo, as difficult as you did. I would have responded differently. Wasn't fun.

I appreciate the gesture. Im not a perfect poster myself.

Did you read what I posted above about you being one of the better posters? I have called a gand total of 3 people trolls on this forum, you certainly weren't one of them.

When I started posting here (not reading) the forum wad overrun with Melo love, it was so bad that anyone who posted otherwise was quickly shutdown by the knicks GOP. So a lot of what I did was intentional, I wanted to provide the counter narrative and yes I definitely went on to rub people the wrong way, but that just the story of my life.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/5/2017  3:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2017  3:14 PM
What will IT say about Melo if we make the playoffs?

IT will say the same thing about Melo when we didn't make the playoffs.

You can't build a championship team when your main star holds the ball, looks his teammates off, puts up a high volume of shots, and lacks the necessary skills to be a defensive player.

You can't put Melo with another ball stopper together and expect them to make thier teammates better or make the playoffs.

So IT will say the same things IT been saying about Melo his entire career. Theres nothing new to be said.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/5/2017  3:39 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I had to suffer him destroying the Knicks four six years, he will continue to be my preferred topic for while. No argument

Spoiler warning: The Knicks were awful years before that.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/5/2017  4:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:Then media will turn it into Phil's fault. Sure he won 11 champions but who cares?

Certainly not me. I don't care how many rings he brought to other cities as a coach. He gave us KP. That is great. Then he put guys like Melo and Rose on the floor who interfered with KP's development and the team's winning.

And draft picks, cap rooms, Willy, and Frank.

We don't have to worship this dude, and we have to give him credit for what he has done. Look at this way, IF Mills just copies what Phil had done,..

He'll give huge contracts to bad players that interfere with our young players' development. And he'll force an outdated offense that brings out the worst in all players. Be thankful we don't have a president who mocks the offensive approach of the Warriors.

Sure he has done something wrong. It is just like you watch fox it is Clinton, you watch CNN it is trump, but is it really important that the guy has to be perfect? Or it is just that when you don't like someone, you can always pick something wrong to criticize? A man in charge WILL always has mistakes because he makes decisions. The only guy who has no mistake is the guy has done nothing.

Just assume we are in a world there is no Phil era. Mills was the prez in 14/15, and he didn't do any Phil's mistakes like trading away those old Knicks.

He kept Melo, shump, JR Smith, THjr and Chandler for the current price. Of course the team would not win 4th pick.

Melo (125mil / 5yrs)
Shump (40mil / 4yrs)
JR Smith (57mil / 4yrs)
THjr (71mil/ 4yrs)
Chandler ( 57mil/ 4yrs)

So you really like these team more? It would be 7 or 8 seed and first round exit every year. So what actually Phil Jackson has RUINED? (oh maybe our mental health. I give you that )

The only one who can complain is Melo. Phil wasted his prime but again, Melo should take a lot of responsibility as well. He was the leader, he should have led by example like playing better defense.

He was one of the worst at free agent signings and trades in my lifetime but he did draft well. With drafting, it's such a small sample of decisions that there is no way to know if that is luck, skill, or both, though.

Hyperbole in full effect

Did you already forget the likes of eddy curry and mcdyess

And who do you have in mind other than Noah

And why is the sample size any better for trades than drafts

If you include Early, Thanasis and Lou his drafting gets a bit closer to mediocre. Also, his ability to accidentally tank when he thought he had playoff caliber rosters is being disregarded as a fault at roster assembly and being seen as strength in drafting.
In regards to trading, he is the only exec that I am aware of that lets everyone know he is done with a player, trashes their character and then goes out to see what the market is for that player.

I also am a bit surprised that some are giving him credit for Melo leaving. Phil gave Melo a horrible contract witha huge trade kicker and a NTC. That was all on Phil. His boy Charlie Rosen said this so passing the blame onto Dolan for Phil's mistake is wrong.

Crush I usually respect your posts but to call his drafting mediocre based on 2d round busts is just wrong. He has done better in the second w Willy and Dotson and baker as udfa than some teams did with their first

He made a mistake w the ntc and arguably signing him( though hinspdsight is always 20-20. I confess I thought it was a good idea at time). He certainly gets credit for getting rid of him. I fu,you expect they had private conversations and. Nothing happened so he went public

He never trashed his character. That's just false. He said the ball stuck to his hands too long and he'd be better off elsewhere. Both of which were true

You've raised many legitimate criticisms of Phil but these are not.

(5)(5)
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/5/2017  7:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2017  7:19 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:Then media will turn it into Phil's fault. Sure he won 11 champions but who cares?

Certainly not me. I don't care how many rings he brought to other cities as a coach. He gave us KP. That is great. Then he put guys like Melo and Rose on the floor who interfered with KP's development and the team's winning.

We don't have to worship this dude, and we have to give him credit for what he has done. Look at this way, IF Mills just copies what Phil had done,..

He'll give huge contracts to bad players that interfere with our young players' development. And he'll force an outdated offense that brings out the worst in all players. Be thankful we don't have a president who mocks the offensive approach of the Warriors.

Sure he has done something wrong. It is just like you watch fox it is Clinton, you watch CNN it is trump, but is it really important that the guy has to be perfect? Or it is just that when you don't like someone, you can always pick something wrong to criticize? A man in charge WILL always has mistakes because he makes decisions. The only guy who has no mistake is the guy has done nothing.

Just assume we are in a world there is no Phil era. Mills was the prez in 14/15, and he didn't do any Phil's mistakes like trading away those old Knicks.

He kept Melo, shump, JR Smith, THjr and Chandler for the current price. Of course the team would not win 4th pick.

Melo (125mil / 5yrs)
Shump (40mil / 4yrs)
JR Smith (57mil / 4yrs)
THjr (71mil/ 4yrs)
Chandler ( 57mil/ 4yrs)

So you really like these team more? It would be 7 or 8 seed and first round exit every year. So what actually Phil Jackson has RUINED? (oh maybe our mental health. I give you that )

The only one who can complain is Melo. Phil wasted his prime but again, Melo should take a lot of responsibility as well. He was the leader, he should have led by example like playing better defense.

He was one of the worst at free agent signings and trades in my lifetime but he did draft well. With drafting, it's such a small sample of decisions that there is no way to know if that is luck, skill, or both, though.

Hyperbole in full effect

If you include Early, Thanasis and Lou his drafting gets a bit closer to mediocre. Also, his ability to accidentally tank when he thought he had playoff caliber rosters is being disregarded as a fault at roster assembly and being seen as strength in drafting.
In regards to trading, he is the only exec that I am aware of that lets everyone know he is done with a player, trashes their character and then goes out to see what the market is for that player.

I also am a bit surprised that some are giving him credit for Melo leaving. Phil gave Melo a horrible contract witha huge trade kicker and a NTC. That was all on Phil. His boy Charlie Rosen said this so passing the blame onto Dolan for Phil's mistake is wrong.

Crush I usually respect your posts but to call his drafting mediocre based on 2d round busts is just wrong. He has done better in the second w Willy and Dotson and baker as udfa than some teams did with their first

He made a mistake w the ntc and arguably signing him( though hinspdsight is always 20-20. I confess I thought it was a good idea at time). He certainly gets credit for getting rid of him. I fu,you expect they had private conversations and. Nothing happened so he went public

He never trashed his character. That's just false. He said the ball stuck to his hands too long and he'd be better off elsewhere. Both of which were true

Phil is old school. He believes that players of Melo talent can get better if put in right system and better coaching and guidance.
He believed that triangle can make Melo a pure man Jordan or Kobe. He could not imagine that man can take money and comfort over greatness.
He believed same about Rose and was thinking that Noah character will bring his game back in right system.
In reality Rose never had any brain and Noah has no gas left in the tank even with steroids.
He believed that Fisher is his soldier and has some brain to be a coach and is at least a decent person. Contrary Fisher is just another nut job after his player carrier ended.
Non of Phil reality was real, non of the things he imagined were meant to be.
The rest of thing he did for Knicks were heady bbal moves.
Phil failed himself but did not failed the Knicks.
Melo failed Knicks but never failed himself.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/5/2017  8:22 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Melo (125mil / 5yrs)
Shump (40mil / 4yrs)
JR Smith (57mil / 4yrs)
THjr (71mil/ 4yrs)
Chandler ( 57mil/ 4yrs)

Hyperbole in full effect

I think I agree with you on his drafting. He has two second round picks that minimally project to be rotation players. In regards to the character comment, I was actually thinking about the Tyson trade. He might have made his comments after that trade. In regards to Melo, there was more than the ball sticking comment. One thing that comes to mind was the 'you don't change the spots on leopard... There was other stuff as well. Glad he is gone.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/5/2017  10:13 PM
all I know is the more I watch Frank the more "triangle players" I want. Get me more of these guys.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
what it will say about Melo if we go to playoffs ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy