[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So,I'm beginning to think Kristaps might be the real deal...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/5/2017  9:15 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
Panos wrote:All good, but why is a guy 7'3" tall shooting 46%, not great for a big man, and btw, the exact same shooting percentage as Melo who you all claim to be a low efficiency volume scorer.
For comparison, KAT is shooting 10% points higher, and also grabbing 3 more rebounds per game. So let's slow down with the "best in draft class" conclusions.
All said, it's good to see him stepping up as the first option.
He's shooting 48.3%, with a TS% of 57.3%

Edit: Carmelo has never shot a TS% that high for a season.

I don't know where you got your number, but nba,com says his FG% is 46.8.

And his efg% is 66th in the league.

Do you really need stats to see what kind of player KP is now? KAT is probably getting more dunks. KP is getting most of his from Mid Range and 3pt Range!

http://nbasavant.com/player.php?player_id=204001
http://nbasavant.com/player.php?player_id=1626157

Yeah, and?
KP is 7'3". He should be getting high percentage shots.

He's 22, he's not an interior player and he won't be a finished product for several years.

Want his fg% to go up? Give it time. It'll be very clear when he's maxed out his abilities.

That certainly isn't now.

I think this is about right. Yes.. at 7'3 he should be getting high % shots. He's clearly the #1 option right now and the guys around him seem to enjoy playing with him playing that role. He seems to only hold the ball and work 1-1 in the last 7-8 seconds of the clock when whatever plays have not worked. I am going to start watching his passing a bit more. We are just seeing what this team looks like with KP as the featured scorer and the early data is promising. Panos I agree.. his basic FG #s should be better. Do you doubt they will be? Look at his EFF% and TS% numbers year by year.. the upward trend is undeniable.

What I see early on is that KP is 100% a PF and not a center, that he can continue to be a great rim protector and he's got potential to have the best midrange game in the history of the league. I mean nobody can challenge that 12-15 foot turnaround jumper. What do you do when KP is hitting that shot at 60%? And he's getting calls?

KP wants to be the best. I think after two years in the league he's sniffing the potential is there. If I was just stronger, if I could just own this shot or that shot. I think it will come. I also think as it does this team will win a bunch of games. With Frank's defense off the bench (couldnt count on that), emergence of Jack as a stable PG who gets guys the ball (couldnt have seen that) and the duo of KOQ and Kanter up front simply being awesome (this was possible but hard to count on). Point is Knicks have some things that appear sustainable so long as we are healthy:
Good defense and role players going 100% on D (Frank, McD, KOQ, Dotson)
Bruising front line
Featured scorer who gets you buckets all game

Right now the only thing I see derailing this is KP's health, and thats a legit question mark. Is this sustainable? I like that he's been around 32 mins and not 38. That makes a diff. With our depth I would like to see KP at 30 minutes.

Sure does look like a nice step forward for this whole roster and coaching staff. Assign blame or credit till your hearts content. I am very into this team for simple basic lovely things.
Star player is 2-way and gives max effort. Check
Ball being moved and shared. Check
5Guys are going full speed on defense. Check
Coach has pulled/benched guys for not defending. Check

Ive dreamed about this for a few years. I can be patient with everything else.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2017  11:44 AM
I loved loved loved the fact that Jeff put KP back in at the end of the Houston game during garbage minutes. Dude had barely played 20 minutes up til that point and Dotson, Frank, Willy were all together with KP for a good 5 minutes or so. Good that these got minutes together.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/5/2017  12:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
codeunknown wrote:
Panos wrote:All good, but why is a guy 7'3" tall shooting 46%, not great for a big man, and btw, the exact same shooting percentage as Melo who you all claim to be a low efficiency volume scorer.
For comparison, KAT is shooting 10% points higher, and also grabbing 3 more rebounds per game. So let's slow down with the "best in draft class" conclusions.

Do you really need stats to see what kind of player KP is now? KAT is probably getting more dunks. KP is getting most of his from Mid Range and 3pt Range!

Yeah, and?
He's 22, he's not an interior player and he won't be a finished product for several years.

Want his fg% to go up? Give it time. It'll be very clear when he's maxed out his abilities.

I think this is about right. Yes.. at 7'3 he should be getting high % shots. He's clearly the #1 option right now and the guys around him seem to enjoy playing with him playing that role. He seems to only hold the ball and work 1-1 in the last 7-8 seconds of the clock when whatever plays have not worked. I am going to start watching his passing a bit more. We are just seeing what this team looks like with KP as the featured scorer and the early data is promising. Panos I agree.. his basic FG #s should be better. Do you doubt they will be? Look at his EFF% and TS% numbers year by year.. the upward trend is undeniable.

What I see early on is that KP is 100% a PF and not a center, that he can continue to be a great rim protector and he's got potential to have the best midrange game in the history of the league. I mean nobody can challenge that 12-15 foot turnaround jumper. What do you do when KP is hitting that shot at 60%? And he's getting calls?

KP wants to be the best. I think after two years in the league he's sniffing the potential is there. If I was just stronger, if I could just own this shot or that shot. I think it will come. I also think as it does this team will win a bunch of games. With Frank's defense off the bench (couldnt count on that), emergence of Jack as a stable PG who gets guys the ball (couldnt have seen that) and the duo of KOQ and Kanter up front simply being awesome (this was possible but hard to count on). Point is Knicks have some things that appear sustainable so long as we are healthy:
Bruising front line

Right now the only thing I see derailing this is KP's health, and thats a legit question mark. Is this sustainable? I like that he's been around 32 mins and not 38. That makes a diff. With our depth I would like to see KP at 30 minutes.

Sure does look like a nice step forward for this whole roster and coaching staff. Assign blame or credit till your hearts content. I am very into this team for simple basic lovely things.

Fish, I'm not going to disagree with any of this. As usual, you're a voice of reason in a crowd of hyperbole. Muy only point is, let's not just yet get carried away anointing KP MVP or even best in his draft class until he can be more efficient. We crucified Melo for inefficient shooting and lack of passing, and Melo had the same % and more assists. I'm not trashing KP, by any means. Just keeping it real. I think if not saddled with Noah's stupid contract, this team would be on the cusp of being a solid playoff team.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2017  12:59 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
codeunknown wrote:

Yeah, and?

Bruising front line

Fish, I'm not going to disagree with any of this. As usual, you're a voice of reason in a crowd of hyperbole. Muy only point is, let's not just yet get carried away anointing KP MVP or even best in his draft class until he can be more efficient. We crucified Melo for inefficient shooting and lack of passing, and Melo had the same % and more assists. I'm not trashing KP, by any means. Just keeping it real. I think if not saddled with Noah's stupid contract, this team would be on the cusp of being a solid playoff team.

There are LOTS of bigs that are more EFFICIENT but less impactful. Guys you can’t really build an offense around as versatile as KP. There’s more to it than raw efficiency. What KP is doing is Franchise player stuff. Heck a guy can get dunks and look impressive in terms of efficiency but be useless in a Playoff series against good defensive teams that shutdown easy dunks.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/5/2017  1:09 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
codeunknown wrote:

Yeah, and?

Bruising front line

Noah's contract sucks. However we need to see where he is physically. The real question is can Noah give us what KOQ is giving us. If thats the case we need to make a deal. At this point Noah's deal still sucks but he can be a good player here in a limited 15-20mpg role. KP def looks good next to blue collar centers and Noah is certainly that. He's a great ball mover as well. We arent getting 2008 Noah, we arent getting value for this contract but Noah can help us win. Lets see what he's got it in the tank.

Knick fans are equal parts starved and impatient. So much waiting with so little progress. Now the waiting is worth it. Lets see KP as the focal point. Lets see if Frank can sustain this defense and positive play off the bench. Last few games he's splitting time with Jack 50/50 and playing well. He's 19!

Knicks have so many questions and things to sort, but they are now doing it in a max effort defense first culture. At least for now they are. so far Jeff has benched Beas, Sessions, Kanter and Willy for subpar defense. He can do that now. This is all good. Lets see the kids work through their mistakes and shortcomings.

Im buying the company line. If we win 20, 30, 40 games... whatever. Lets get better. The pick will be the pick. Maybe we get rewarded for doing things right. Im not worried about their holes. This is just get your NBA reps. The vets are here to help and set them up for success. Jack and KOQ are doing a great job at this right now. Lee as well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
11/5/2017  1:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
codeunknown wrote:

Yeah, and?

Bruising front line

There are LOTS of bigs that are more EFFICIENT but less impactful. Guys you can’t really build an offense around as versatile as KP. There’s more to it than raw efficiency. What KP is doing is Franchise player stuff. Heck a guy can get dunks and look impressive in terms of efficiency but be useless in a Playoff series against good defensive teams that shutdown easy dunks.

Correct. Margins over the opponent are more important, and that means looking at volume of production at the efficiency rate, as well as the context of that efficiency - including but not relegated to 1) primary creation vs secondary recipience , 2) availability of those efficient shots against a spectrum of opponents.

With that in mind, raw efficiency should be compared amongst players with similar roles and teammates. So although I agree with Panos that improving efficiency and passing continue to be important goals for KP, I think TS% global rank is misleading of his work so far, and the Carmelo comparison actually detracts from his point, given KP’s superior numbers by game 8 of year 3.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/5/2017  2:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
codeunknown wrote:

Yeah, and?

Bruising front line

Cough Tyson Chandler cough cough

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
USA
11/5/2017  3:02 PM
This is an excellent article on how Jeff is using KP. It includes videos.

nixluva
USA
11/6/2017  1:41 AM
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2017  5:47 AM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Panos wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:
codeunknown wrote:

Yeah, and?

Bruising front line

Melo was never anything close to what KP has been.
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/6/2017  11:06 AM
KP was a real deal even when he was 17 :)

So,I'm beginning to think Kristaps might be the real deal...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy