[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP's brother stirs the pot yet again
Author Thread
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

11/3/2017  7:33 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:It's possible this is post event spin, trying to make the act of skipping the interview less unprofessional.

If not it shows that KP was not happy with Phil Jackson despite some people here claiming he loved the triangle or he was actually upset with Horny.

It shows he's not taking less than the max. If he continues to play like this that's ok.

The rest was fine but it's not great that these kind of talks which should be closed door are taking place via the media. KP needs to reign his brother in a bit.

Maybe he was hoping noone was going to translate this from Latvian news site :D
AUTOADVERT
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/3/2017  7:36 AM
I think KP should get a new agent.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/3/2017  7:48 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I think KP should get a new agent.

Seriously WTF is wrong with this guy.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/3/2017  8:53 AM
I like that our franchise player's "agent-brother" is putting pressure on the team to make good decisions and keep the team focused on the right things (i.e., develop into a contender). Sometimes it takes a veiled threat to motivate an idiot like JD.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/3/2017  8:54 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I think KP should get a new agent.

Seriously WTF is wrong with this guy.

I know right? Doing what he can to not only ensure his client gets paid but also works in a healthy environment conducive to winning and development. Its nuts. Bring back the days of hookers and coke. His job is not to look after the Knicks. Its to look after KP.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2017  9:02 AM
I'm still trying to find exactly what Janis said that was so controversial.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
USA
11/3/2017  9:06 AM
Andrew wrote:I'm still trying to find exactly what Janis said that was so controversial.
well he mentioned Melo, and that is still a sensitive spot for many around here.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/3/2017  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2017  9:21 AM
Andrew wrote:I'm still trying to find exactly what Janis said that was so controversial.

he basically threatened to have KP walk - that doesn't chap your ass at all?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

11/3/2017  9:22 AM
also, Mike Vaccaro summed it pretty well, "Porzingis family’s amateur move creates needless Knicks drama" which is exactly how I feel. There is a reason that KP's amateur brother's boss had no comment -- because all this blow back was avoidable
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/3/2017  9:22 AM
fishmike wrote:
well he mentioned Melo, and that is still a sensitive spot for many around here.

Agree great to hear they’re motivated by winning. That’s exactly what you want to hear

Having said that, his explanation makes zero sense

If you’re going to fight (because melo supposedly wouldn’t which itself is false) you go to the exit meeting and state your piece in a professional way — whatever it is.

Even if mgmt disagrees they would appreciate the candor and that would be leadership. You’d also have the personal benefit of clarity. You stated your position. They agreed or disagreed and you move on. Whatever that entails

Going AWOL in a very public way, not communicating with the team, is the opposite of that. It’s childish to be honest

He got called out on it. Frankly he would have been better served to say KP was extremely frustrated and left town because he didn’t think it would be constructive to talk when that frustrated — or something to that effect. It would have at least seemed plausible

To pitch it, as he does, as some calculated genius move is doubling down on stupidity

KP seems like a smart guy. I also get that he’s trying to help out his idiot brother

My hope is he’s smart enough to navigate this

(5)(5)
SupremeCommander

11/3/2017  9:24 AM
fishmike wrote:

you don't think Melo handled last year well? most people think he handled it pretty gracefully considering Phil JAx was screaming at him to get off his lawn year round. so then what the **** is KP's brother talking about? he's a clown

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/3/2017  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2017  10:16 AM
No one in the history of the league has turned down a max offer from the team that drafted them and I don't think KP is going to be the first. This is much ado about nothing.
Trust the Process
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2017  10:19 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

you don't think Melo handled last year well? most people think he handled it pretty gracefully considering Phil JAx was screaming at him to get off his lawn year round. so then what the **** is KP's brother talking about? he's a clown

From the being a good soldier Melo handled it....I think Janis is talking about invoking change....making a point to say hey, what's happening is messed up from an organizational standpoint and needs to change.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
SupremeCommander

11/3/2017  10:27 AM
Andrew wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

From the being a good soldier Melo handled it....I think Janis is talking about invoking change....making a point to say hey, what's happening is messed up from an organizational standpoint and needs to change.

I think KP's brother (whatever his name is) is playing big boy businessman - that's how this comes across to me

Yes, we all know that KP is the main attraction. You don't take exception that KP's representation is implying 'these other guys suck'?

End of the day, I know it doesn't exactly matter what KP's brother said, but it comes across as amateur hour especially when KP's ACTUAL agent Andy Miller declined to comment because he knows the is mindless BS that got dropped on the doorstep due to nepotism

fishmike
USA
11/3/2017  10:38 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

there is chicken and egg. When and why did Phil make Melo's existence so miserable? Was it before or after Melo stopped playing hard and doing what he was asked? No.. I dont think Melo handled it gracefully at all. He didnt respond publicly. Instead he responded by not playing hard. So no... its not as easy as Phil was a dick (he was) and Melo was graceful.

Maybe for some watching Melo collect $25mm while holding the ball, getting his points and literally being the worst defensive player in the league constitutes "graceful" cause yea.. he stayed off twitter. Great for Melo.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-knicks/post/_/id/66832/66832

Ever notice every time a Knick is asked about moving on from Melo they all say something about now we can play defense?

Q: There are so many new faces here this season. No Phil Jackson, no Carmelo Anthony. What's been different so far this year compared to the last two seasons?

A: I would say it’s a different vibe, a new vibe. A lot of new minds in new positions and a lot of new guys, players that want to play their best basketball that want to compete. … That’s what’s most important. We’re going out there and we’re playing hard, especially on the defensive end.

Can we stop pretending Melo is some innocent bystander? Yes Phil was a douche but this notion of Melo gracefully handling Phil's assault on his calm is a joke. Melo was asked to do things, fair or not and didnt. Phil went tilt. Bottom line though is Melo and his agents and their influence did nothing to help the Knicks. The Melo poster boys believe this guy is some victim here. He was not THE problem but he was certainly part of it.

But hey... like KP, and like you are seeing on the floor the team can somehow now play hard. On both ends. Lets focus on that. 7 games doesnt make a culture. KP's camp is just fine in saying they want to "see" before they "sign." Good for KP. This is the type of influence we need. Not more CAA players.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/3/2017  10:41 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:It's possible this is post event spin, trying to make the act of skipping the interview less unprofessional.

If not it shows that KP was not happy with Phil Jackson despite some people here claiming he loved the triangle or he was actually upset with Horny.

It shows he's not taking less than the max. If he continues to play like this that's ok.

The rest was fine but it's not great that these kind of talks which should be closed door are taking place via the media. KP needs to reign his brother in a bit.

Agree. Janis did a great job of preparing KP for this season. He isnt doing his brother any favors by speaking on his behalf when it comes to office politics, so to speak.

I know he is defending his brother, which is admirable. At some point he has to let KP speak about these things, himself. Part of the maturation process of a potential superstar.

Last thing Janis should want to be known as, is the Lavian Lavar Ball.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/3/2017  10:41 AM
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Agree great to hear they’re motivated by winning. That’s exactly what you want to hear

If you’re going to fight (because melo supposedly wouldn’t which itself is false) you go to the exit meeting and state your piece in a professional way — whatever it is.

Even if mgmt disagrees they would appreciate the candor and that would be leadership. You’d also have the personal benefit of clarity. You stated your position. They agreed or disagreed and you move on. Whatever that entails

Going AWOL in a very public way, not communicating with the team, is the opposite of that. It’s childish to be honest

He got called out on it. Frankly he would have been better served to say KP was extremely frustrated and left town because he didn’t think it would be constructive to talk when that frustrated — or something to that effect. It would have at least seemed plausible

To pitch it, as he does, as some calculated genius move is doubling down on stupidity

KP seems like a smart guy. I also get that he’s trying to help out his idiot brother

Exactly right! You can't cry about dysfunction then contribute to dysfunction. Then get called out on it get butt hurt and claim. Well if you critic us for making childish decisions. We are going to act even more childish and threaten to leave the team. Speaking on it now is also a poor decision. Missing the exit meeting has been somewhat forgotten at this point and the team has been playing well. Everyone was moving forward. Now he opens up this can of worms for the media to now question them at every turn.

And we still don't know exactly what KPs beef was. We are still left to quess. KP never claimed to have issues with the system. KP stated himself that a lot of the things have been blown out of proportion.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SupremeCommander

11/3/2017  10:46 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Exactly right! You can't cry about dysfunction then contribute to dysfunction. Then get called out on it get butt hurt and claim. Well if you critic us for making childish decisions. We are going to act even more childish and threaten to leave the team. Speaking on it now is also a poor decision. Missing the exit meeting has been somewhat forgotten at this point and the team has been playing well. Everyone was moving forward. Now he opens up this can of worms for the media to now question them at every turn.

And we still don't know exactly what KPs beef was. We are still left to quess. KP never claimed to have issues with the system. KP stated himself that a lot of the things have been blown out of proportion.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!!!

No one is upset at what KP's brother said. It's his complete lack of professionalism.

fishmike
USA
11/3/2017  10:48 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You know who doesnt appear to guess? The Knicks. They seem to be on the same page as KP just fine. KP is busting his butt on defense and scoring like a boss. All the guys on the floor are giving max effort. Small sample size but lets work with what we DO know yea?

Direct causality:
Offense is quickly coming together and players look better and better every day
No Phil Jackson

Defense is being played with max effort all the time
No Melo, Rose

Can you come up with bigger contributing factors? I cant....

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/3/2017  11:10 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Andrew wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think KP's brother (whatever his name is) is playing big boy businessman - that's how this comes across to me

Yes, we all know that KP is the main attraction. You don't take exception that KP's representation is implying 'these other guys suck'?

End of the day, I know it doesn't exactly matter what KP's brother said, but it comes across as amateur hour especially when KP's ACTUAL agent Andy Miller declined to comment because he knows the is mindless BS that got dropped on the doorstep due to nepotism

Andy miller decline because his agency is already under investigation from the Ncaa/nike scandal, the last thing he needs is more drama.

I don't see how anyone can be mad about a stars older brother looking after him. The knicks have been a fck up organization for quite some yrs. You think after 7 games were suppose to be respectable now.

KP said I want to see growth, that's how he will determine if it's worth it to re-sign, if you think that means more ping pong balls, your sadly mistaken.

ES
KP's brother stirs the pot yet again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy