[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible Trade Partner
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

11/2/2017  8:05 PM
Chandler wrote:who would we get? Crowder has not been the Boston Crowder. Could be because he's with the Cavs, or it could be that he can only be that guy in Boston (keeping in mind he wasn't the Boston Crowder when with Mavs)

i think people don't like playing with lebron that much anymore after kyrie left....crowder would be great for us.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/2/2017  8:29 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Chandler wrote:who would we get? Crowder has not been the Boston Crowder. Could be because he's with the Cavs, or it could be that he can only be that guy in Boston (keeping in mind he wasn't the Boston Crowder when with Mavs)

i think people don't like playing with lebron that much anymore after kyrie left....crowder would be great for us.

What would be better -- Manhattan Crowder or New England?

I definitely see a trade with the Cavs that could help both teams.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/2/2017  10:31 PM
Chandler wrote:not in a million years does Cavs trade the pick for anyone other than KP

C'mon guys, seriously

Cleveland's pick might be better than the Nets pick!

I could see them trading the pick. Nets have looked solid- nothing like the uber lottery team they were last year.

Kanter is young and proven - so if I were the Cavs GM, I would absolutely trade the Nets pick for Kanter, depending on the other parts.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/3/2017  12:40 AM
nixluva wrote:Cavs need Bigs and Knicks have them!!!

Zinger - Knicks franchise player, not being traded

Hernangomez - Knicks aren't trading him. He's on a good contract and Zinger's best friend on the roster.

Noah - Ugly contract, no value to the Cavs. Salary match would destroy their roster.

Kanter - See above, gives offense, but the Cavs aren't hurting for offense. Practical salary match would gut the Cavs of actual need

O'Quinn - Not proven as a starter. No real fit for the Cavs to send something back that works for both teams

Knick are not getting Jae Crowder. Cavs desperately need wing defense against the Warriors, getting a part time rim protector to get even weaker on the wing for defense makes zero sense for them.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/3/2017  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2017  7:56 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Hernangomez - Knicks aren't trading him. He's on a good contract and Zinger's best friend on the roster.

Noah - Ugly contract, no value to the Cavs. Salary match would destroy their roster.

Kanter - See above, gives offense, but the Cavs aren't hurting for offense. Practical salary match would gut the Cavs of actual need

O'Quinn - Not proven as a starter. No real fit for the Cavs to send something back that works for both teams

Knick are not getting Jae Crowder. Cavs desperately need wing defense against the Warriors, getting a part time rim protector to get even weaker on the wing for defense makes zero sense for them.

I disagree that NOah has no value to the Cavs. He fits the team very well. HE defends, he rebounds and he is a good passer. Also, like TT does not need a play run for him ever.

While this is true, it would be foolish for them to take on that contract with LBJ possibly leaving at the end of this season. However, if they want a ring, Noah could be a piece to that puzzle if he is healthy.

KOQ also fits.

I would love to get Crowder and/or Osman back from them. If I am NY, I call them and ask what they need for those 2 players.

Interestingly the Knicks need to make a move soon because Noah is coming off suspension. A 2-1 trade makes sense for NY.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/3/2017  10:53 AM
EnySpree wrote:Jeff green is over there too... He's been playing well for them.

No thank you on Jeff Green but J.Crowder would be a really really good player at SF playing next to KP.

PG--Frank
SG--THJ
SF--J.Crowder
PF--KP6
C--Kanter/Noah

That's a good lineup of defenders and scorers.

newyorker4ever

11/3/2017  10:59 AM
Chandler wrote:not in a million years does Cavs trade the pick for anyone other than KP

C'mon guys, seriously

Absolutely not. They would have no reason to do that but what if we offered up a future 1st rounder in the deal? So we give them KOQ and our 2019 1st rounder for that Brooklyn pick and i'm sure some other pieces would need to be involved.

Knicks give--KOQ, L.Thomas and 2019 1st rounder

Clev gives--J.Crowder, C.Osman, Brooklyn pick

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/3/2017  12:21 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

C'mon guys, seriously

Absolutely not. They would have no reason to do that but what if we offered up a future 1st rounder in the deal? So we give them KOQ and our 2019 1st rounder for that Brooklyn pick and i'm sure some other pieces would need to be involved.

What makes the Nets pick so valuable? What if they end up playing .500 ball? Lile is they ARE in the East. Doesn't look like they are trying to tank, that may change, but still not much logic seems to support the above. Having said that. I would still do it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/3/2017  3:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2017  3:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

Buy low and sell high.

Crowder may be in a little bit of a slump but he is a solid 2 way SF

Exactly. They may just do it. This is the RARE time where the Knicks are in a positive position going into a deal 😳

Crowder seems like another alledged "Great Defender" that teams seem to figure out dont mean much. But why would they trade Crowder for KO? And why would we give them KO and Will for Crowder?

As for their first, think fans here need to get over the chances of getting anyones 1st round oick for anything less than KP. Specially Cavs as it is their future.

I would probably take back someone like Green and give them Noah and Willy. Or anyone else that expires. Win Win.
Operation get rid of Noah!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorker4ever

11/4/2017  7:42 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

C'mon guys, seriously

What makes the Nets pick so valuable? What if they end up playing .500 ball? Lile is they ARE in the East. Doesn't look like they are trying to tank, that may change, but still not much logic seems to support the above. Having said that. I would still do it.

Hahahaha. I think while the Nets are playing alright right now they'll start tailing off soon and their pick will definitely end up a lottery pick. The only reason i would give up a future first for that Brooklyn pick is because i think this team is closer then we thought they'd be to being a good team and with one good off season with the draft and free agency we could really put this team together especially with two lottery picks in the 2018 draft.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/4/2017  8:47 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I disagree that NOah has no value to the Cavs. He fits the team very well. HE defends, he rebounds and he is a good passer. Also, like TT does not need a play run for him ever.

While this is true, it would be foolish for them to take on that contract with LBJ possibly leaving at the end of this season. However, if they want a ring, Noah could be a piece to that puzzle if he is healthy.

KOQ also fits.

I would love to get Crowder and/or Osman back from them. If I am NY, I call them and ask what they need for those 2 players.

Interestingly the Knicks need to make a move soon because Noah is coming off suspension. A 2-1 trade makes sense for NY.

YUP! KOQ is better than most they'd be offered. They got an up close look at KOQ in their loss the the Knicks.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
11/5/2017  3:49 PM
The team I'd like to find a trade with is the Magic. They have some redundancy at the small forward position, and the player I'd be interested in is Jonathan Isaac. There may be a way to rebalance both rosters, but there's no urgency on either side and I anticipate it would be difficult to get him. A core of Ntilikina, Isaac, KP and Kanter might be decent on both ends. You could put some combination of 2 of Willy, O Quinn and a top ~10 protected 1st rounder on the table, with filler as needed.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2017  4:17 PM
codeunknown wrote:The team I'd like to find a trade with is the Magic. They have some redundancy at the small forward position, and the player I'd be interested in is Jonathan Isaac. There may be a way to rebalance both rosters, but there's no urgency on either side and I anticipate it would be difficult to get him. A core of Ntilikina, Isaac, KP and Kanter might be decent on both ends. You could put some combination of 2 of Willy, O Quinn and a top ~10 protected 1st rounder on the table, with filler as needed.

Don't really pay attention to Magic but are they overloaded at SF and need PF/C types? Why do they want KOQ/Willy considering Biyombo/Gordon/Vucevic?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Member: #3049

11/5/2017  4:26 PM
codeunknown wrote:The team I'd like to find a trade with is the Magic. They have some redundancy at the small forward position, and the player I'd be interested in is Jonathan Isaac. There may be a way to rebalance both rosters, but there's no urgency on either side and I anticipate it would be difficult to get him. A core of Ntilikina, Isaac, KP and Kanter might be decent on both ends. You could put some combination of 2 of Willy, O Quinn and a top ~10 protected 1st rounder on the table, with filler as needed.

No way they give up on Isaac this early. Reports are that they're happy with his progress early. Plus, it would look bad after the Hezonja mess. I'd really like Jonothan Simmons, but I doubt they trade him. His deal is good. Plus I want to get a longer look at some of the players on our own roster first.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
codeunknown
11/5/2017  4:27 PM
martin wrote:

Don't really pay attention to Magic but are they overloaded at SF and need PF/C types? Why do they want KOQ/Willy considering Biyombo/Gordon/Vucevic?

Depends on what you think Gordon is - he splits time evenly at sf and pf. Biyombo plays 14 min per and is an offensive liability. Depends on what direction you want to go and what style you want to play. Overall, unlikely but worth a chat.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
codeunknown
11/5/2017  4:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

No way they give up on Isaac this early. Reports are that they're happy with his progress early. Plus, it would look bad after the Hezonja mess. I'd really like Jonothan Simmons, but I doubt they trade him. His deal is good. Plus I want to get a longer look at some of the players on our own roster first.

Agree that deals for either Isaac or Simmons are long shots. Disagree with needing more time to look at players on our roster. I'd probe now with an open mind, although not with urgency.

meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  5:50 PM
Every loss by the Cavs gets them closer to a desperation move. KoQ's value may be going up.
TripleThreat

11/5/2017  8:52 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

C'mon guys, seriously

If the Knicks were in the Cavs position, and it was LBJ's last season here, would you want to give up

J.Crowder, C.Osman, Brooklyn pick

For a guy not proved to be a starter at the pivot
A bad contract who can't even get into a bottom feeder Eastern team's rotation (Knicks are playing well, but let's be realistic, they aren't in the cream of the crop in the East from a projection standpoint)
A pick from a team last season that ended up being the 1st overall pick slot

Crowder is in soft decline now, but is still one of the very best contracts in the entire league, if not the best bargain basement wing contract in the entire league period.

If you wouldn't, WHY WOULD THEY?

This proposed trade makes the Cavs worse TODAY and worse DOWN THE ROAD after LBJ leaves.

If a team needed a part time pivot like O'Quinn, how about just trading a 2nd round pick for him instead of gutting your team with a critical rookie or recent draftee going outbound?

IF and it' huge IF, the Cavs were going to trade Crowder and the Brooklyn pick, is Thomas, KOQ and a first the best possible package against what the other 28 teams might offer?

meloshouldgo

11/5/2017  10:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2017  10:43 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

C'mon guys, seriously

If the Knicks were in the Cavs position, and it was LBJ's last season here, would you want to give up

J.Crowder, C.Osman, Brooklyn pick

For a guy not proved to be a starter at the pivot
A bad contract who can't even get into a bottom feeder Eastern team's rotation (Knicks are playing well, but let's be realistic, they aren't in the cream of the crop in the East from a projection standpoint)
A pick from a team last season that ended up being the 1st overall pick slot

Crowder is in soft decline now, but is still one of the very best contracts in the entire league, if not the best bargain basement wing contract in the entire league period.

If you wouldn't, WHY WOULD THEY?

This proposed trade makes the Cavs worse TODAY and worse DOWN THE ROAD after LBJ leaves.

If a team needed a part time pivot like O'Quinn, how about just trading a 2nd round pick for him instead of gutting your team with a critical rookie or recent draftee going outbound?

IF and it' huge IF, the Cavs were going to trade Crowder and the Brooklyn pick, is Thomas, KOQ and a first the best possible package against what the other 28 teams might offer?

What's realistic is that the bottom feeder Eastern conference team has better record than the CAVs with their "multiple time all stars" and their "future hall of famers"

TripleThreat

11/6/2017  1:21 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:What's realistic is that the bottom feeder Eastern conference team has better record than the CAVs with their "multiple time all stars" and their "future hall of famers"

Let's unpack this a different way.

Lance Thomas is not making the Cavs rotation. Period. If he was on their roster right now, he's not making their rotation. The Cavs are NOT going to trade out one of the best value wing contracts in the league to increase their luxury tax hit long term to take in a non rotation player, who quite frankly, might not even be one of the best 15 men on their current roster right now.

Thomas is a bad contract. He did some helpful things tonight, but he can't be relied upon to consistently bring value to market approximation to his current contract status.

Possible Trade Partner

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy