How about Kuz and willy for Okafor?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/2/2017  10:43 AM
Welpee wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:saw reports yesterday that philly is looking into buying out okafor, because they can't trade him. why trade 2 good chips for a guy we can pick up off the street?
Because we won't be able to pick him off the street (if we wanted him). Apparently Boston is interested in him but aren't willing to give up much for him.

I don't see why Philly and Orlando don't just swap Okafor for Hezonja?

because how does it help either team?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/2/2017  10:44 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Actually I think it's a very decent trade for both teams

A pla for has already avg 17.5-7-1.5-1.5 when he was 19 numbers we hope willy 1 day gets too. Pla for is I believe younger than willy. If we can't keep kanter what exactly does pla for do much less than him? He's a beast in the post rebounds and will take pressure off kp-- and it would not cost us 18 mm per. If anyone saw him in his game this year he looked very good-- he's simply not as good as embiid. He's much more of a guarantee than willy

its sucks. How does OK4 do anything to help the Knicks. Where does he play? Who's minutes does he take? OK4 looks like a poor man's Greg Monroe. He's nothing more of a guarentee than Willy. He's shown nothing more. Nada.

Somewhere between Eddy Curry and Greg Monroe. He's actually shown much less than Willy. Scoring from the center position is the one thing he brings and we're not even weak in that area anyway.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/2/2017  10:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  10:54 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:saw reports yesterday that philly is looking into buying out okafor, because they can't trade him. why trade 2 good chips for a guy we can pick up off the street?
Because we won't be able to pick him off the street (if we wanted him). Apparently Boston is interested in him but aren't willing to give up much for him.

who says perry wants him? briggs wants him. thats all we know.

He's physically stronger than Kanter at 6-11 265. There is a reason why Danny Ainge wants him. I know full well it doesn't break up the middle log jam although it would balance the 15 man roster without the need to cut anyone. From there it opens up the possibility of a bigger trade using Kanter for a sf and other pieces( maybe Bledsoe and Derrick jones for kanter)

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  10:57 AM
I think Okafor is fool's gold. It's not that the Sixers are so stacked that they can't give a good player some minutes

it's that he's simply not that good. Lack of passing and defense, and the need for so many touches on offense.

It's not the first time this has happened (see Beasley, Derrick Willams)

I certainly wouldn't trade Willy for him -- even straight up and even with Willy in a funk

(5)(5)
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/2/2017  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  11:07 AM
martin wrote:
Welpee wrote:

because how does it help either team?

They both have players who aren't helping their teams, both players were perceived to have great potential, you're not going to get much for either player, and if they can produce both players could fill a need for the other team. Philly needs shooters and perimeter help, Orlando could use another big even if he comes off the bench. Change of scenery could produce positive results.
Welpee

11/2/2017  11:11 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Actually I think it's a very decent trade for both teams

A pla for has already avg 17.5-7-1.5-1.5 when he was 19 numbers we hope willy 1 day gets too. Pla for is I believe younger than willy. If we can't keep kanter what exactly does pla for do much less than him? He's a beast in the post rebounds and will take pressure off kp-- and it would not cost us 18 mm per. If anyone saw him in his game this year he looked very good-- he's simply not as good as embiid. He's much more of a guarantee than willy

its sucks. How does OK4 do anything to help the Knicks. Where does he play? Who's minutes does he take? OK4 looks like a poor man's Greg Monroe. He's nothing more of a guarentee than Willy. He's shown nothing more. Nada.

Somewhere between Eddy Curry and Greg Monroe. He's actually shown much less than Willy. Scoring from the center position is the one thing he brings and we're not even weak in that area anyway.
I told people that Okafor was an upgraded version of Eddy Curry back when he was drafted. After seeing him at Duke a few times I wanted no part of him, or Russell for that matter. Reminds of Big Dog Robinson when he got drafted in that you knew he would score 17-20+ ppg in the NBA guaranteed. The question was would you get anything else from them.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/2/2017  11:16 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I still think he can be quite an nba player and there is no better defensive pf than kp who can potentially play next to him. It gives the Sixers a 1 at team rookie of year who's in a tough spot here and we also make room for Noah's spot. Let them throw in one of their 2018 2 nd rounders because of Willis contract protection-- maybe the one we traded them for willy

Hellz no. I want nothing to do with OK4 and why would we trade Willy for him?? Willy's the guy you said would be a better player then KP and now you wanna trade him for OK4.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/2/2017  11:20 AM

I heard they said that they will not buy him out. Why are we even talking about trading anyone for another center??

WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE CENTERS PEOPLE.

Welpee

11/2/2017  11:42 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:

I heard they said that they will not buy him out. Why are we even talking about trading anyone for another center??

Agreed, unless we're moving a couple of the existing bigs.
Bonn1997
USA
11/2/2017  11:43 AM
Welpee wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Agreed, unless we're moving a couple of the existing bigs.

They can have Noah!
BRIGGS
11/2/2017  12:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  12:29 PM
Out of sight out of mind?
People forget how good this guy can be.
This guy has advanced footwork palms the ball like a grapefruit has a nice touch that seems to be extended--you put this guy next to KP right now at 20-21 years old--its a talent league and he has a higher talent level than anyone we have at C--especially given that Kanter costs 17mm.

Here is OK4 eating up KNicks big men last year for 28 people are not thinking this was going to be the first player taken in the draft for most of the year in a good draft.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2017  12:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Out of sight out of mind?
This guy has advanced footwork palms the ball like a grapefruit has a nice touch that seems to be extended--you put this guy next to KP right now at 20-21 years old--its a talent league and he has a higher talent level than anyone we have at C--especially given that Kanter costs 17mm.

Here is OK4 eating up KNicks big men last year for 28 people are not thinking this was going to be the first player taken in the draft for most of the year in a good draft.

You keep ducking the obvious questions. Who does he play over and how does this make the Knicks any better?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
11/2/2017  12:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  12:35 PM
fishmike wrote:

You keep ducking the obvious questions. Who does he play over and how does this make the Knicks any better?

What are you talking about--hes better than Kanter or Willy today. We get KP and ok4 upfront--all we have to do is focus on building the perimeter--and I think ok4 can be a great big passer. Danny Ainge is like the NBA Bill Belechick--he gets guys and does deals that others dont and he wins at it. IF Philly wants a HIGH end asset--give them willy.
I counted 4 times he went right through Willy in this limited clip.

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee

11/2/2017  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  1:36 PM

People may forget how good a low post scorer he is. But I didn't forget the lackluster effort he gave, his lackluster rebounding considering he rarely ventures away from the paint, his lazy defensive effort (how many times did you see him point up court in transition to have someone pick up his man?), not to mention his overall apathetic attitude on the court. Comes across as a guy who thought he was "all that" and just had to show up and things would fall in place for him.

I hope he's learning his lesson and has become humbled by this experience. If I were a GM and could get him for cheap I'd take a chance on him. Would I give up anything significant for him, heck no!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/2/2017  1:35 PM
Willy can't even crack our rotation because of defense, and now we want to add a guy whose offensive game looks like it is two decades old and makes Willy look like a defensive force? PASS
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/2/2017  1:36 PM
when noah comes back if we can get rid of kanter's contract, i'd be willing to take a flyer. unless of course he has staph infection or something lol in which case no thanks. the problem is philly doesn't have anyone to take kanter on and kanter wouldn't take a bench role in philly behind embid.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Bonn1997
USA
11/2/2017  1:51 PM

People are comparing him to Eddy Curry and Greg Monroe. Maybe you're forgetting how good those guys could have been. I'm sure there are outstanding highlight films of those players.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
11/2/2017  2:03 PM
If we're trying to obtain an in the paint 5 - it's more necessary they play strong defense then are good on the block (eg Willy Cauley Stein). I agree OK4 would take offensive pressure off of KP - but Kanter and Willy both do that almost as well. Appreciate Kanter's effort and he hustles, but soon we will needing to upgrade our defense at the 5 position. Noah coming back healthy would really show how good we could be defensively - prob a pipe dream with his medical history.

We do have a surplus at the 5 spot, so if Willy is to be moved - think we should really be looking at PHX as they have 2 quality SF in J.Jackson and TJ Warren (40 vs Wizards last night). It would take more, but would try to pry one of them away as they will soon have a logjam at the 3 spot. If we think we're going to get a 0-10 draft pick - we should stay pat. If we continue to hover around .500 - we will probably draft in mid to late teens and should consider packaging that pick if we can land a young quality 3 man. Willy, Kuz and mid to late 1st rounder for Josh Jackson if possible. Willy, Kuz and early 2nd rounder for TJ Warren. Maybe even swap Kanter for T.Chandler as they both expire soon...

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2017  2:05 PM
Welpee wrote:

People may forget how good a low post scorer he is. But I didn't forget the lackluster effort he gave, his lackluster rebounding considering he rarely ventures away from the paint, his lazy defensive effort (how many times did you see him point up court in transition to have someone pick up his man?), not to mention his overall apathetic attitude on the court. Comes across as a guy who thought he was "all that" and just had to show up and things would fall in place for him.

I hope he's learning his lesson and has become humbled by this experience. If I were a GM and could get him for cheap I'd take a chance on him. Would I give up anything significant for him, heck no!

exactly. In Brigg's world the comparison is highlight youtube OK4's career best game vs. Willy/Kanter after a 20 point blow out to one of the elite West teams. OK4 is not better than Willy or Kanter. You literally trade your franchise player's best friend for an inferior player with attitude issues.

Didnt you start a thread that you liked Willy better than KP?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
11/2/2017  2:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  2:09 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

People are comparing him to Eddy Curry and Greg Monroe. Maybe you're forgetting how good those guys could have been. I'm sure there are outstanding highlight films of those players.

Who's comparing him? If I line up Ok4 Willy and Kanter--Id take Ok4. Its not the Cs fault that Houston was shooting 3's. Someone said something about buying low--this is buying low. More teams will be interested IMHO. If the Cs get him--then that was the last position of weakness. Ok4 doesnt need to play 40 minutes for anyone--he needs to play a quality 25.

RIP Crushalot😞
How about Kuz and willy for Okafor?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy