[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I wanna see more of Dotson and frank
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/2/2017  3:43 PM
reub wrote:Dotson should replace Beasley as first SF off the bench. He's shown us glimpses that are amazing for a 2nd round rookie. Great defense, rebounding, high activity level and movement without the ball, unselfishness, plus we know he'll be a fine shooter. Eureka!

True. He has shown us glimpses that he is better than Frank

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall

11/2/2017  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  3:50 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:LOVE how this draft worked out. 2 Defensive Guards is a very nice haul.

Ay man, I haven't been this excited since Spreewell I hung the new Jeremy Lin pic above my bed.

Fixed

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/2/2017  3:49 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

He's already a starting caliber defender and passer. It's the other stuff that will take time. Still, he really isn't that far away.

Yeah the only thing Nitty is struggling with is personal scoring! He’s not getting beat up by opposing guards!!!

He struggles with ball pressure too. And his PG capabilities to run an offense are still at the very beginning.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/2/2017  4:03 PM
Link

Frank leads the league in steals per minute.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
HofstraBBall

11/2/2017  4:16 PM
Andrew wrote:Link

Lol. Willy number 3

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/2/2017  4:23 PM
Andrew wrote:Link

No.....lets put the NBA steals leader in the G-League, so he can learn how to play with and against non-NBA players......

OK.....So we draft a kid that played with grown adults in a pro league. Do you really think playing with lesser talent in the G -League is better than what he experienced in the Pro League?

Anyway, this kid is playing the exact minutes as he should be. And he's getting some minutes against NBA talent. Franks minutes is not the problem.

Frank and Dotson are the future and should be running mates off the bench. They will continue to put pressure on the starters, which will make the starters better and continue to give them chemistry and experience.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2017  4:46 PM
martin wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

He's already a starting caliber defender and passer. It's the other stuff that will take time. Still, he really isn't that far away.

Yeah the only thing Nitty is struggling with is personal scoring! He’s not getting beat up by opposing guards!!!

He struggles with ball pressure too. And his PG capabilities to run an offense are still at the very beginning.

I’m not really concerned. Frank has shown to be a quick learner. He’s shown amazing Court Vision and passing ability. He’s going to learn how to handle ball pressure and make teams pay. He’s going to make the adjustment to his offense as he sees that he can get to his spots coming off screens and use change of pace to get to the rim. Much slower guys have made these adjustments.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/2/2017  5:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:

If you’re rebuilding and W/L isn’t a must you could start Frank and let him take his lumps. Letting him play behind vets is better. I don’t see a problem.

This isnt the NFL where other people can help a young QB--hes the show at PG--exactly what game did he prove offensively he is ready for a 35 minute load? Youre trying to accelerate development of a kid who is not physically ready for it in body or game.

Frank just needs to play...Pretty obvious that he can defend in this league, and he looks like he will be a very good passer. Doesn't look like he wants to assert himself on offense, but that will come with time, and the only way to get time is to play. I would think about starting him and basing his minutes on how he is playing, IF Jack is not playing well. 20-30 MPG based on how he and Jack are doing in a particular game, whether or not Frank starts, seems about right... 20M if he is playing so so, 30M if he is playing well.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/2/2017  6:55 PM
I would convey to Frank that if he gets the extra minutes, its in the expectation that he works on being more aggressive, as far as generating offense.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/2/2017  8:12 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think Dotson will play more once CLee is traded. I really think we are flipping CLee for either a starting SF or for future picks.

I've been saying we should find a team that will trade for a combo of C.Lee and one of Willy or KOQ. We should get a nice return for Lee and one of those two.

Best for us is a trade to a team fighting for the playoffs...Those Lee/KOQ could actually push a team over the hump, and we can still get a decent #1 in the deal, though, for me, it would have to be a 2018 pick. Not sure what the lowest non-lottery pick is, but that is what I would be hoping to pick up.

Still don't want to trade Willy, though.
Me either. But I sit down with him. Tell him the honest truth. We love him and his game but there needs to be patience from him. Also there are no guarentees. Maybe we bring Kanter or KOQ back. Ask Willy if he wants the Knicks to explore options where he might get into a situation where he can immediately get rotation minutes.

I am not saying we cater to Willy, but whats on the guy's mind? What does he want? If he wants to be moved maybe we do that. Maybe it works for everyone and helps everyone.

Problem with the Knicks right now is they need time, not more players.

I like Harkless a lot.

One issue that folks have brought up, which I had not considered, is that KOQ has a player option, and will undoubtedly want decent money which, to be honest, I would think he deserves. Might give us a hometown discount since he's a Queens boy, but who knows. He can also choose to come back here if we trade him and he opts out next year, or is there a rule against that?

We have more control over Willy, and you figure he wants to stay. I know he's a Jackson pick, but he had to believe that after the season he had last year and the young foundation praise he got, that he would have received significant minutes on the court, and not be an end of the bench scrub.

You are seeing some defensive cracks in Kanter's game, though he does seem to be putting in the effort. He is just not an instinctive defender. Willy is not great, but he is a better shot blocker than Kanter, as well as a better passer. He is also better at picks from what I can see.

Still, a nice problem to have. Will be interesting to see how they deal with Noah coming back. He is also a Phil player...wonder if Perry sends down any marching orders to Hornacek on Noah's playing time.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/2/2017  11:46 PM
Dotson is 4 years older than Frank. They both look exciting, but don't think for a minute they were picked in reverse order.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/3/2017  12:03 AM
PhilinLA wrote:Dotson is 4 years older than Frank. They both look exciting, but don't think for a minute they were picked in reverse order.

I think a guy like Frank shows why they want kids to stay in school for an additional year. The "lottery teams" (some) are getting 19 year olds who are not mature in various aspects whether mind body or game. let's say for instance you put this Frank on Villabova this year as a freshmen-- is he going to be a better player than jalen Brunson will be? Right now I think Brunson would be a better nba player than frank. He's much more developed all the way around franks an 8 pick because of his physical profile( which is usually the case)

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
11/3/2017  12:33 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:Dotson is 4 years older than Frank. They both look exciting, but don't think for a minute they were picked in reverse order.

I think a guy like Frank shows why they want kids to stay in school for an additional year. The "lottery teams" (some) are getting 19 year olds who are not mature in various aspects whether mind body or game. let's say for instance you put this Frank on Villabova this year as a freshmen-- is he going to be a better player than jalen Brunson will be? Right now I think Brunson would be a better nba player than frank. He's much more developed all the way around franks an 8 pick because of his physical profile( which is usually the case)

Frank dominated players his own age. He also played against grown ass men in France. Sure he’s 19 and still raw. He’s also in the NBA having a positive impact after just a few games. Gotta give him a chance since he missed so much time if you’ve forgotten.

PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/3/2017  12:57 AM
In general, I do agree with Briggs, that the game has suffered from a combination of kids not having to stay in school and master fundamentals, as well as dumb teams who always overdraft athletes over skilled players. But at 19 Frank is ready and at 23 Dotson is. They are both plus defenders with upside, that know how to play. Frank has crazy court vision and is making a positive impact even when his body is still filling out.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/3/2017  2:06 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Frank dominated players his own age. He also played against grown ass men in France. Sure he’s 19 and still raw. He’s also in the NBA having a positive impact after just a few games. Gotta give him a chance since he missed so much time if you’ve forgotten.

Im not putting over weight expectations on him. We just saw a cleansing of players who were picked 2-4-5 in what was a "stacked" draft. There are spurts he looks good and spurts where he doesnt belong on an NBA court. I think hes got a good feel and intelligence for the game and hes long. Hes got good form on his J. He lacks the ability to separate has a high loose dribble with no explosion or athletic burst. His body type will need to emphasize the "skill" part of the game--which is good--but takes time.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
11/3/2017  11:14 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Im not putting over weight expectations on him. We just saw a cleansing of players who were picked 2-4-5 in what was a "stacked" draft. There are spurts he looks good and spurts where he doesnt belong on an NBA court. I think hes got a good feel and intelligence for the game and hes long. Hes got good form on his J. He lacks the ability to separate has a high loose dribble with no explosion or athletic burst. His body type will need to emphasize the "skill" part of the game--which is good--but takes time.

Bad shooting night but look at all the other things Ntilikina does!

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/3/2017  11:19 AM
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think Dotson will play more once CLee is traded. I really think we are flipping CLee for either a starting SF or for future picks.

I've been saying we should find a team that will trade for a combo of C.Lee and one of Willy or KOQ. We should get a nice return for Lee and one of those two.

why does everyone want to get rid of C.Lee? he's a nice veteran presence, smart, plays D and shoots well -- plus it's not like we have a ton of good SGs

I love Lee and am a fan but we need to remember that it's still about rebuilding for this team and C.Lee isn't gonna be a part of that rebuild with being on the wrong side of 30. If C.Lee can bring us a young player or even more importantly a draft pick then we should jump all over it. I'm not talking about just giving the guy away, i'm talking about if he can bring us something that would help the rebuild.

newyorker4ever

11/3/2017  11:22 AM

Is this like when you said Willy will end up being a better player than KP?? From what i've seen i think Frank is absolutely a starter in the NBA and will be starting for us very soon. The kid is just getting started and just turned 19 so to say now that he isn't a starter in the NBA and is only a starter in the g-league is ridiculous.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/3/2017  11:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Bad shooting night but look at all the other things Ntilikina does!

Just need his jumper to fall. That will hold him over offensively as he develops some penetration moves. JH should also have him cutting off ball some. And his jumper form looks so nice would like to see him get some shots up off of curls.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorker4ever

11/3/2017  11:34 AM
Knixkik wrote:

He really isn't far away at all. As you said his defense, passing and just playing as a true PG is already very close and how anyone can use a rookie NFL QB and what they have to deal with as a comparison to what a rookie NBA PG has to deal with is ridiculous. If Frank didn't have the great BBIQ he has and just how smart he is then i could see the argument of him not being ready but he is smart and does have a great BBIQ so i don't think playing him more minutes will effect him in a bad way. This season is about rebuilding so let the kid take his lumps. We have plenty of scoring so he won't need to put any extra pressure on himself trying to be a big time scorer.

I wanna see more of Dotson and frank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy