[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I wanna see more of Dotson and frank
Author Thread
Chandler
Posts: 22313
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  12:32 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think Dotson will play more once CLee is traded. I really think we are flipping CLee for either a starting SF or for future picks.

I've been saying we should find a team that will trade for a combo of C.Lee and one of Willy or KOQ. We should get a nice return for Lee and one of those two.

why does everyone want to get rid of C.Lee? he's a nice veteran presence, smart, plays D and shoots well -- plus it's not like we have a ton of good SGs

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2017  12:35 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think Dotson will play more once CLee is traded. I really think we are flipping CLee for either a starting SF or for future picks.

I've been saying we should find a team that will trade for a combo of C.Lee and one of Willy or KOQ. We should get a nice return for Lee and one of those two.

why does everyone want to get rid of C.Lee? he's a nice veteran presence, smart, plays D and shoots well -- plus it's not like we have a ton of good SGs

I think the Knicks love CLee. Is lower on the list of guys on the plank.

BRIGGS
Posts: 49442
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
11/2/2017  12:38 PM
I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2017  12:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

If you’re rebuilding and W/L isn’t a must you could start Frank and let him take his lumps. Letting him play behind vets is better. I don’t see a problem.

BRIGGS
Posts: 49442
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
11/2/2017  12:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

If you’re rebuilding and W/L isn’t a must you could start Frank and let him take his lumps. Letting him play behind vets is better. I don’t see a problem.

This isnt the NFL where other people can help a young QB--hes the show at PG--exactly what game did he prove offensively he is ready for a 35 minute load? Youre trying to accelerate development of a kid who is not physically ready for it in body or game.

Chandler
Posts: 22313
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  1:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

I believe it. I think it would be stupid to throw him out there for 35 minutes now, but he can run the show. If JJ falters, I'd prefer Frank starting over Sessions

I honestly believe he has already earned the respect of many opponents with his D, and that guys like Wade and Harden wish Frank was on their team

He's a good egg, and by the end of the season we'll feel like we got the best pg in this class (not counting Simmons of course but he was last year)

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31791
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

11/2/2017  1:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

If you’re rebuilding and W/L isn’t a must you could start Frank and let him take his lumps. Letting him play behind vets is better. I don’t see a problem.

This isnt the NFL where other people can help a young QB--hes the show at PG--exactly what game did he prove offensively he is ready for a 35 minute load? Youre trying to accelerate development of a kid who is not physically ready for it in body or game.

I completely agree. Frank played ~18mpg and ~35 gp last year. 35mpg over 75 games? That's insane. Not only will Frank pick up bad habits that way, he might break in the process.

I'd much rather bring him along slowly, watch how our vets prepare, and if you want him to progress, leave him in during the last 6 minutes of a game.

And to use your NFL analogy, there is a reason the David Carr bombed - and that because management was like 'Fuck it! Let's throw David Carr into the pressure cooker with no offensive line!' That's exactly what we would be doing. it is completely illogical and short-sighted to approach it that way

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
Chandler
Posts: 22313
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  1:22 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

If you’re rebuilding and W/L isn’t a must you could start Frank and let him take his lumps. Letting him play behind vets is better. I don’t see a problem.

This isnt the NFL where other people can help a young QB--hes the show at PG--exactly what game did he prove offensively he is ready for a 35 minute load? Youre trying to accelerate development of a kid who is not physically ready for it in body or game.

I completely agree. Frank played ~18mpg and ~35 gp last year. 35mpg over 75 games? That's insane. Not only will Frank pick up bad habits that way, he might break in the process.

I'd much rather bring him along slowly, watch how our vets prepare, and if you want him to progress, leave him in during the last 6 minutes of a game.

And to use your NFL analogy, there is a reason the David Carr bombed - and that because management was like 'Fuck it! Let's throw David Carr into the pressure cooker with no offensive line!' That's exactly what we would be doing. it is completely illogical and short-sighted to approach it that way

you can use a similar analogy for anyone leaving college

Again I'm not advocating we throw Frank out there for 35 mpg but with his more cerebral and controlled style of play it would be less of a concern than throwing out some attacking pg trying to dunk on everyone

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2017  1:25 PM

Cartman718
Posts: 24762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

11/2/2017  1:28 PM
Chandler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
izybx wrote:I would def like to see Dotson over Hardaway. Watching him sulk all over the court (you know, cause he's playing well and his teammates aren't) reminds me of every annoying DBag I've played ball with who acted like that. Loved what we saw from the kids today

Yes, someone needs to get into his ear and let him know that showing up his teammates is NOT a good thing to do. The play with Lee not continuing his back door cut was indicative of his reactions. Lee should have gone, for sure and Lee knows that better than anyone else. He does not need a younger, higher paid kid showing him up.

It's too bad. I hope THsr talks to him.

on espn one of the commentators mentioned how flip saunders showed John Wall videos of him sulking etc. Apparently Wall didn't realize it was so bad and corrected it

Horny should do same and tell him if he wants to be a leader he has to clean that up

agree

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GustavBahler
Posts: 32927
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/2/2017  1:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
izybx wrote:I would def like to see Dotson over Hardaway. Watching him sulk all over the court (you know, cause he's playing well and his teammates aren't) reminds me of every annoying DBag I've played ball with who acted like that. Loved what we saw from the kids today

Yes, someone needs to get into his ear and let him know that showing up his teammates is NOT a good thing to do. The play with Lee not continuing his back door cut was indicative of his reactions. Lee should have gone, for sure and Lee knows that better than anyone else. He does not need a younger, higher paid kid showing him up.

It's too bad. I hope THsr talks to him.

on espn one of the commentators mentioned how flip saunders showed John Wall videos of him sulking etc. Apparently Wall didn't realize it was so bad and corrected it

Horny should do same and tell him if he wants to be a leader he has to clean that up

agree

Ditto

SupremeCommander
Posts: 31791
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

11/2/2017  1:32 PM
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

If you’re rebuilding and W/L isn’t a must you could start Frank and let him take his lumps. Letting him play behind vets is better. I don’t see a problem.

This isnt the NFL where other people can help a young QB--hes the show at PG--exactly what game did he prove offensively he is ready for a 35 minute load? Youre trying to accelerate development of a kid who is not physically ready for it in body or game.

I completely agree. Frank played ~18mpg and ~35 gp last year. 35mpg over 75 games? That's insane. Not only will Frank pick up bad habits that way, he might break in the process.

I'd much rather bring him along slowly, watch how our vets prepare, and if you want him to progress, leave him in during the last 6 minutes of a game.

And to use your NFL analogy, there is a reason the David Carr bombed - and that because management was like 'Fuck it! Let's throw David Carr into the pressure cooker with no offensive line!' That's exactly what we would be doing. it is completely illogical and short-sighted to approach it that way

you can use a similar analogy for anyone leaving college

Again I'm not advocating we throw Frank out there for 35 mpg but with his more cerebral and controlled style of play it would be less of a concern than throwing out some attacking pg trying to dunk on everyone

I somewhat disagree. Some guys have actually played 35mpg in college and some guys are way more physically advanced than Frank is. I think Frank has what is needed to develop. That said, what people mean when they say 'start Frank' is that they want him to play 6x the minutes he played last year against grown men. that's insane

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
Knixkik
Posts: 28458
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
11/2/2017  1:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

He's already a starting caliber defender and passer. It's the other stuff that will take time. Still, he really isn't that far away.

Chandler
Posts: 22313
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  1:59 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

If you’re rebuilding and W/L isn’t a must you could start Frank and let him take his lumps. Letting him play behind vets is better. I don’t see a problem.

This isnt the NFL where other people can help a young QB--hes the show at PG--exactly what game did he prove offensively he is ready for a 35 minute load? Youre trying to accelerate development of a kid who is not physically ready for it in body or game.

I completely agree. Frank played ~18mpg and ~35 gp last year. 35mpg over 75 games? That's insane. Not only will Frank pick up bad habits that way, he might break in the process.

I'd much rather bring him along slowly, watch how our vets prepare, and if you want him to progress, leave him in during the last 6 minutes of a game.

And to use your NFL analogy, there is a reason the David Carr bombed - and that because management was like 'Fuck it! Let's throw David Carr into the pressure cooker with no offensive line!' That's exactly what we would be doing. it is completely illogical and short-sighted to approach it that way

you can use a similar analogy for anyone leaving college

Again I'm not advocating we throw Frank out there for 35 mpg but with his more cerebral and controlled style of play it would be less of a concern than throwing out some attacking pg trying to dunk on everyone

I somewhat disagree. Some guys have actually played 35mpg in college and some guys are way more physically advanced than Frank is. I think Frank has what is needed to develop. That said, what people mean when they say 'start Frank' is that they want him to play 6x the minutes he played last year against grown men. that's insane

well in that regard I would agree with you. I think they are handling him exactly right now. He shouldn't be playing 35

My big disagreement is with people like Briggs who insinuate he's no where near ready because they detect some flaw in his game and thing he'd be better in the g-league.

the coaches have repeatedly said this kid is an amazing leaner -- never need to repeat a thing. Let's just be patient.

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2017  2:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

He's already a starting caliber defender and passer. It's the other stuff that will take time. Still, he really isn't that far away.

Yeah the only thing Nitty is struggling with is personal scoring! He’s not getting beat up by opposing guards!!!

NYKBocker
Posts: 35367
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/2/2017  2:23 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I like Frank as a prospect but he is NO starting NBA player=--does anyone believe this? D league starter yes--be realistic in expectation for the kid.

He's already a starting caliber defender and passer. It's the other stuff that will take time. Still, he really isn't that far away.

Yeah the only thing Nitty is struggling with is personal scoring! He’s not getting beat up by opposing guards!!!

I agree. He is very confident in his defensive abilities. His confidence in his offense is another story. He will be alright. Its harder to fix defense than offense.

WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

11/2/2017  2:40 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Dotson showed well in Summer League. He can defend, shoot and rebound. I think he will be a solid rotation player at least. His potential is even higher.

Too bad he is not 6'8", because he could be the 3 that this team needs.

At 6'6 with his length, he probably still can be a SF. But i agree, it's not ideal. We will find our SF at some point, maybe 2018 draft.


6'4.5" without shoes is about 6'6" on the court, and at 23, he is physically developed. 6'9" wingspan is not great but his w/o shoes height is the same as THJ, and his wingspan is 2" longer. I also think he's taller than Lee.

If we are going with a smaller small forward, Dotson's physical specs are not an isse.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

11/2/2017  2:47 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think Dotson will play more once CLee is traded. I really think we are flipping CLee for either a starting SF or for future picks.

I've been saying we should find a team that will trade for a combo of C.Lee and one of Willy or KOQ. We should get a nice return for Lee and one of those two.


Best for us is a trade to a team fighting for the playoffs...Those Lee/KOQ could actually push a team over the hump, and we can still get a decent #1 in the deal, though, for me, it would have to be a 2018 pick. Not sure what the lowest non-lottery pick is, but that is what I would be hoping to pick up.

Still don't want to trade Willy, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fishmike
Posts: 47695
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2017  3:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I think Dotson will play more once CLee is traded. I really think we are flipping CLee for either a starting SF or for future picks.

I've been saying we should find a team that will trade for a combo of C.Lee and one of Willy or KOQ. We should get a nice return for Lee and one of those two.


Best for us is a trade to a team fighting for the playoffs...Those Lee/KOQ could actually push a team over the hump, and we can still get a decent #1 in the deal, though, for me, it would have to be a 2018 pick. Not sure what the lowest non-lottery pick is, but that is what I would be hoping to pick up.

Still don't want to trade Willy, though.
Me either. But I sit down with him. Tell him the honest truth. We love him and his game but there needs to be patience from him. Also there are no guarentees. Maybe we bring Kanter or KOQ back. Ask Willy if he wants the Knicks to explore options where he might get into a situation where he can immediately get rotation minutes.

I am not saying we cater to Willy, but whats on the guy's mind? What does he want? If he wants to be moved maybe we do that. Maybe it works for everyone and helps everyone.

Problem with the Knicks right now is they need time, not more players.

I like Harkless a lot.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
Paris907
Posts: 20762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
11/2/2017  3:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:I see our rebuild looking like this long-term:

C Kanter
F Porzingis
F ?
G Hardaway
G Ntilikina
6th Dotson
7th Hernangomez
8th Elite backup PG
9th ?

So basically i see 6 out of 9 rotation spots filled with this current group if developed properly. Ultimately we need to find that 5th starter who is an elite 2-way SF. Off the bench, i want to add a dynamic PG who can create plays and sort of compliment what Ntilikina brings. And lastly, we will need a 9th man who is probably a lights-out shooter/scorer. Maybe McDermott can become this, but that is up in the air.

I can certainly appreciate KAnters aggression around the basket and the boards. Defensively however he’s more than a concern. With 6-10 guards (Simons)Giannis 6-11” and LONZO 6-7” flying down the lane,
You’ll need a lot more talent than Enes Kanter.

I wanna see more of Dotson and frank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.