[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Forum meeting: let's be realistic
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  10:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  10:48 PM
Our bench sucks... nobody is worth talking about anymore except Frank KOQ and Dotson.... we need to see kuz play ahead of McDermott. I get the feeling were showcasing alot of guys.

Porzingas needs to play bigger. His game is shooting over smaller people. Houston exposed him. He's got to attack the rim not fade away. He needs to be reminded that he's 7'3".

Willy is soft. I don't want to hear that we aren't playing him enough, not featuring him. He showed us what type of person he is. He's soft. Sit back on the bench sucker and watch Noah steal your minutes.

Frank can't create off the dribble. Stop lying about it. It is what it is.

We have the framework of a really good team. I know we are looking at the draft, but we need to take care of the culture of what we want to be. No bitches allowed. Dotson is the mascot for everything we want to be

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/1/2017  10:53 PM
I thought we were planning our next meet up and you're saying we need to be realistic and not talk politics.
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/1/2017  11:26 PM
It’s still SO EARLY to really come to any definitive declaration of what these players are. Haven’t been thru the league once yet. Lots of young guys still trying to figure things out.

Jack won’t be able to bring it every night. Can’t rely on him to carry so much of a load.

Frank is so good in many areas. He’s got to gain confidence and a comfort level with his offense. We all know he’s not a big time breakdown PG but he’s got a lot more development to make. Let it come to him gradually. He’ll expand his game.

Dotson had some good minutes. I’m ready to see his get minutes in this rotation. He’s got a really nice overall game.

McDermott is playing hard. They need to run better stuff for him to get more open looks.

Willy needs to man up! Not happy with his wimpy play.

Beasley is pretty useless IMO. TOO MANY mindless moments out there. We have too many players to put up with that.

LT is a good guy but he’s not really giving us much. I’d rather give his minutes to a younger guy. Knicks should be looking to make a trade for a young prospect. LT had a nice run but it’s time to move on.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/1/2017  11:29 PM
lol...It was all good just a day ago
OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
11/2/2017  12:03 AM
The team is fine and we need a full season to develop the young'uns. I'll take this type of team-ball effort, focus on defense, and overall output over the terrible ball movement and lackadaisical defense from the Melo era any day.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/2/2017  1:27 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:lol...It was all good just a day ago

Its all good regardless. Losses mean high end lotto pick. Wins are from our young players showing off their potential.

THjr dropped 23-7-4-2 and has been playing tough defense.
Dotson has gotten after it in both his appearances.

With Frank & KPs potential defensively. These are the things we gonna have to build towards. While I like Lee, if we can swap him for a forward with length to free up mins for Dotson and balance the team getting THjr to play more mins at his natural position.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/2/2017  5:41 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Its all good regardless. Losses mean high end lotto pick. Wins are from our young players showing off their potential.

With Frank & KPs potential defensively. These are the things we gonna have to build towards. While I like Lee, if we can swap him for a forward with length to free up mins for Dotson and balance the team getting THjr to play more mins at his natural position.

could you imagine if we could swap out noah and lee for a maxed out SF. Even Otto Porter would make us much better
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/2/2017  8:55 AM
EnySpree wrote:Our bench sucks... nobody is worth talking about anymore except Frank KOQ and Dotson.... we need to see kuz play ahead of McDermott. I get the feeling were showcasing alot of guys.

Porzingas needs to play bigger. His game is shooting over smaller people. Houston exposed him. He's got to attack the rim not fade away. He needs to be reminded that he's 7'3".

Willy is soft. I don't want to hear that we aren't playing him enough, not featuring him. He showed us what type of person he is. He's soft. Sit back on the bench sucker and watch Noah steal your minutes.

We have the framework of a really good team. I know we are looking at the draft, but we need to take care of the culture of what we want to be. No bitches allowed. Dotson is the mascot for everything we want to be

I've been telling you that since last season, he is the only big man in the league that plays in the paint and avoids contact at all cost, shooting floaters, dipping around defenders for an off balance shot.

There is a big difference when kantar is in the post, he initiates contact, and even draws doubles every now and then, while willy is more like a ballerina. How many times have you seen him throw it down with force or any conviction.

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/2/2017  8:58 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing if Dotson at the three would work, with THJ back at the two. For a few minutes here and there.

Hardaway is looking good, KP is looking good, Frank is a smart kid, who needs more confidence. Could be a lot worse.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/2/2017  9:50 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing if Dotson at the three would work, with THJ back at the two. For a few minutes here and there.

Hardaway is looking good, KP is looking good, Frank is a smart kid, who needs more confidence. Could be a lot worse.

Is frank being overcoached? I think he is struggling between instinct and what his mind is telling him. I would like to see him just go all out and trust his instincts more. He will make mistakes, that's fine

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/2/2017  9:58 AM
3rd game in 4 nights...no need to worry.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/2/2017  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  10:03 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Is frank being overcoached? I think he is struggling between instinct and what his mind is telling him. I would like to see him just go all out and trust his instincts more. He will make mistakes, that's fine

No way this is on Hornacek, I was pointing out this stuff before Frank was drafted, among others. I believe its mostly in his head. The only way he is going to get through this is to go on the attack as soon as he gets the ball. Too much dribbling in place. Attack, Attack, Attack, eventually it will pay off.

As I said in another thread, if Frank is still hesitant to go to the rim (to some degree) he should think about playing in the Drew league. Not worrying about his contractual obligations as far as how he plays, and just let loose and try anything that comes to mind.

Frank has been well taught to play the right way. Most great PGs got their game on the playground, not in college or the pros. Frank is young, he should go to Rucker, Drew, have some fun, improve his handle. Feel more comfortable going strong to the rim.

Frank is spending more time in the paint. Thats a fact. Just needs to be more aggressive.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/2/2017  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  11:20 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

No way this is on Hornacek, I was pointing out this stuff before Frank was drafted, among others. I believe its mostly in his head. The only way he is going to get through this is to go on the attack as soon as he gets the ball. Too much dribbling in place. Attack, Attack, Attack, eventually it will pay off.

As I said in another thread, if Frank is still hesitant to go to the rim (to some degree) he should think about playing in the Drew league. Not worrying about his contractual obligations as far as how he plays, and just let loose and try anything that comes to mind.

Frank has been well taught to play the right way. Most great PGs got their game on the playground, not in college or the pros. Frank is young, he should go to Rucker, Drew, have some fun, improve his handle. Feel more comfortable going strong to the rim.

Frank is spending more time in the paint. Thats a fact. Just needs to be more aggressive.

Wasn't singling out Jeff. I think all the"vets" are also taking turns coaching him, he may be getting too much input. I agree he needs to attack more, but i an not sure that his hesitation is because that's not alteady part of his game, i think it may have to do with the situation he is in, where there are a bunch of ball dominant players he needs feed and he is torn between the two desires

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/2/2017  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  11:43 AM
My goodness some of you panic about stuff there's no reason to panic about. It's like some of you already forgot that we're rebuilding and we have a lot of new young players that have never played together before. For anyone to think they know what Frank will be after the very minimal amount of game time we've seen from him is ridiculous. The kid just turned 19 years old and is going to get more comfortable the more he plays and with that his game is gonna get better. His shots are gonna start falling more, his defense which is already good is gonna get better, his comfort level with his teammates will get better and with all of that he's gonna become a good, smart point guard and will run the team like that. We all knew before we drafted him that his biggest weakness is his speed and athleticism at getting to the basket so this shouldn't be new to anyone. The kid is gonna be perfect at running the team and playing smart.

Patience people. It's gonna be a long season filled with a lot of losing but the young guys are gonna get better. We're gonna make a trade or trades before the deadline and we're gonna add more talent to this team in free agency and the draft. I'm very very excited about next season cause Frank, KP, Timmy, Dotson and whatever big men we still have out of Kanter, Willy and KOQ will be better players and we'll have more young players as well. I'm gonna enjoy watching our young players this year and i'm gonna hate when we lose and we will lose and we will lose big in a lot of games but we FINALLY have a future to be excited about and we FINALLY have people in our front office that we don't have to be nervous about doing stupid things, Dolan is staying out of the way, when was the last time we weren't seeing multiple tweets from Frank AssHola and other new york media people after every single game about things the Knicks are doing wrong?

blkexec
Member: #748
11/2/2017  12:18 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:My goodness some of you panic about stuff there's no reason to panic about. It's like some of you already forgot that we're rebuilding and we have a lot of new young players that have never played together before. For anyone to think they know what Frank will be after the very minimal amount of game time we've seen from him is ridiculous. The kid just turned 19 years old and is going to get more comfortable the more he plays and with that his game is gonna get better. His shots are gonna start falling more, his defense which is already good is gonna get better, his comfort level with his teammates will get better and with all of that he's gonna become a good, smart point guard and will run the team like that. We all knew before we drafted him that his biggest weakness is his speed and athleticism at getting to the basket so this shouldn't be new to anyone. The kid is gonna be perfect at running the team and playing smart.

Patience people. It's gonna be a long season filled with a lot of losing but the young guys are gonna get better. We're gonna make a trade or trades before the deadline and we're gonna add more talent to this team in free agency and the draft. I'm very very excited about next season cause Frank, KP, Timmy, Dotson and whatever big men we still have out of Kanter, Willy and KOQ will be better players and we'll have more young players as well. I'm gonna enjoy watching our young players this year and i'm gonna hate when we lose and we will lose and we will lose big in a lot of games but we FINALLY have a future to be excited about and we FINALLY have people in our front office that we don't have to be nervous about doing stupid things, Dolan is staying out of the way, when was the last time we weren't seeing multiple tweets from Frank AssHola and other new york media people after every single game about things the Knicks are doing wrong?

I agree except the statement "we forgot that we are rebuilding "

I think we don't know how to rebuild and what rebuild means......Because NY is not known for rebuilding.......So fans and the NY media have been spoiled all these years with a vast number of nba stars.....on their last few legs.

I missed the game yesterday so it's easier for me to see the bigger picture. The team is changing......the fans remain the same.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/2/2017  12:47 PM

It's still all good. I was so mad watching that game. It was like playing someone online a d they know all the glitches and cheats

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  12:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:

It's still all good. I was so mad watching that game. It was like playing someone online a d they know all the glitches and cheats

haha. Dream Team vs. Somalia

It was a bit ridiculous in the 3d quarter. I think Dantoni sat down on the bench and opened a newspaper during it

(5)(5)
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/2/2017  1:40 PM
EnySpree wrote:

I got you but we have to expect games like that.
Knicks are still a young inexperienced team with a handful of players that, honestly, are not NBA caliber players that are doing the best they can.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/2/2017  3:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Our bench sucks... nobody is worth talking about anymore except Frank KOQ and Dotson.... we need to see kuz play ahead of McDermott. I get the feeling were showcasing alot of guys.

I've been telling you that since last season, he is the only big man in the league that plays in the paint and avoids contact at all cost, shooting floaters, dipping around defenders for an off balance shot.

There is a big difference when kantar is in the post, he initiates contact, and even draws doubles every now and then, while willy is more like a ballerina. How many times have you seen him throw it down with force or any conviction.

Clearly when we speak or Kanter you’re referring to his offensive game as defensively he was frightening. Wily can use the excuse that he was a rookie last year. What’s KAnters ? Lost his passport? Lost his gonads? Neither one may work out. Maybe just stretch Noah and draft Ayer or another aggressive big that is athletic and can play both ends. Otherwise Kanter may just squeeze us into the first round.

Culture. ?? Surely you gest after 6 games.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/4/2017  1:54 AM

Your sucky benched played pretty well tonight. Give them a hand. OQuinn/Beasley/McBuckets all contributed. Likewise at 19 give the kid a break. I’m his first critic but the win is barely in spin and you wanna **** all over him.

Forum meeting: let's be realistic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy