[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread 11/1: Houston we ain't got no problems!!!
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/1/2017  10:27 PM
JamaicanJetFan wrote:Willy was terrible, Beasley is not good. Dotson was awesome, dude needs to play way more.

I'd roll with Jack, THJ, Dotson, KP, Kanter. Frank, KOQ, Lee, McDermott off the bench. Lance if his defense is needed.

Yeah Dotson deserves to play! Beasley can sit for a while IMO.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  10:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:Frank’s gotta look for his own offense more going forward.

He simply doesn't have that ability.... He keeps picking up his dribble too. Thats a sin as a point guard. He's a baby so I can't be too mad. He's definately got to put in the extra work. A game like this we need him to be a threat to create.... He simply doesn't have it in his game yet. He's like watching Calderon with better defense

I’m talking more about coming off screens LOOKING to score. He’s open but stops short too much. He’s too unselfish even when he has the advantage, which he did a few times tonight. To me it’s a mental thing.

He did have chances to drive but was easily turned around just like Calderon. I'm hoping they are in his ear. He's good but he's not that good yet. He has to do extra work

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/1/2017  10:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Even if its ugly at first (usually is) it gets Frank to the line a lot more. Best way to take their best players out of their game, is to put them on the bench, with foul trouble. Our PGs arent doing that enough IMO.

Frank doesn't seem to have that burst...So far, it looks as if he will have trouble getting separation from most defenders...

nixluva
USA
11/1/2017  10:31 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Oh Willy....

He’s gotta do better

He was crying about not playing! You don't cry to the media and then come out and play like a bitch. Fuck this dude man

You gotta play like you’re HUNGRY! Show how BAD you want it!

He doesn't want it... when Noah comes back Willy needs to be the guy to go. I don't care if he plays well elsewhere. We need to get better. I'm not coddling these guys... my man Dotson was ready. He's the example. Willy can gtfoh

He’s so cheap that they’re gonna give him more time to get his act together! For me Beasley is useless! LT tried hard but he’s just not very good. We need better options at Forward!!! I’m starting to consider making a trade for Hezonja. At least he has UPSIDE!

nixluva
USA
11/1/2017  10:33 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Even if its ugly at first (usually is) it gets Frank to the line a lot more. Best way to take their best players out of their game, is to put them on the bench, with foul trouble. Our PGs arent doing that enough IMO.

Frank doesn't seem to have that burst...So far, it looks as if he will have trouble getting separation from most defenders...

I think he has more burst than he’s shown but he hesitates. He’s not even trying to drive full speed. He’s not continuing to drive when he has a step coming off a screen. That’s all in his head.

EnySpree

11/1/2017  10:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Oh Willy....

He’s gotta do better

He was crying about not playing! You don't cry to the media and then come out and play like a bitch. Fuck this dude man

You gotta play like you’re HUNGRY! Show how BAD you want it!

He doesn't want it... when Noah comes back Willy needs to be the guy to go. I don't care if he plays well elsewhere. We need to get better. I'm not coddling these guys... my man Dotson was ready. He's the example. Willy can gtfoh

He’s so cheap that they’re gonna give him more time to get his act together! For me Beasley is useless! LT tried hard but he’s just not very good. We need better options at Forward!!! I’m starting to consider making a trade for Hezonja. At least he has UPSIDE!

Sessions and Willy for Hezonja... **** it. I don't even know if it works. Make something happen. Trade Willy for Okafor... **** it

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/1/2017  10:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  10:37 PM
nixluva wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I think he has more burst than he’s shown but he hesitates. He’s not even trying to drive full speed. He’s not continuing to drive when he has a step coming off a screen. That’s all in his head.

Jose calderon fam.... He plays better defense but his game is all old jose calderon

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2017  10:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  10:40 PM
EnySpree wrote:

He simply doesn't have that ability.... He keeps picking up his dribble too. Thats a sin as a point guard. He's a baby so I can't be too mad. He's definately got to put in the extra work. A game like this we need him to be a threat to create.... He simply doesn't have it in his game yet. He's like watching Calderon with better defense

From a distance it looks like Frank is waiting too long to make his move to the rim, and picking up his dribble, and giving up the ball.

He isnt going right at his defender, and making them miss. He's using his dribble like he has Westbrook kind of speed. Has to go right at his defender, instead of trying to sail past him. Shumpert had the same problem. Haven't really seen that stutter step of Frank's, which can help him get to the rim as well.

There were times when Frank was in the paint and had the best shot available, but gave up the ball. His confidence just isn't there yet. Frank spent more time in the paint, than Ive seen to date, so there is some improvement.

JesseDark
Member: #467
11/1/2017  10:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

From a distance it looks like Frank is waiting too long to make his move to the rim, and picking up his dribble, and giving up the ball.

He isnt going right at his defender, and making them miss. He's using his dribble like he has Westbrook kind of speed. Has to go right at his defender, instead of trying to sail past him. Shumpert had the same problem. Haven't really seen that stutter step of Frank's, which can help him get to the rim as well.

There were times when Frank was in the paint and had the best shot available, but gave up the ball. His confidence just isn't there yet. Frank spent more time in the paint, than Ive seen to date, so there is some improvement.

Yeah I agree about him giving up his dribble too early. I noticed it when he got caught in traffic and tried to spin out of it but got called for tracvling.His defense is solid and will only get better but I am wondering if 19 is too old to develop the dribbling skills?

Bring back dee-fense
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2017  10:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  10:57 PM
JesseDark wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Yeah I agree about him giving up his dribble too early. I noticed it when he got caught in traffic and tried to spin out of it but got called for tracvling.His defense is solid and will only get better but I am wondering if 19 is too old to develop the dribbling skills?

Im not saying Frank doesnt have a dribble, he does. I believe its a question of him closing the distance between himself and his defender. By dribbling in place too long, He's letting his defender dictate what he does with the ball, instead of the other way around. Thats how I see it anyway.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
11/1/2017  11:09 PM
Frank had 8 assists and 5 steals. THJ played well. Some bright spots. KP was a little off, just not our night and those pansies got hot. It happens. Let’s go!
nixluva
USA
11/1/2017  11:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
JesseDark wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Im not saying Frank doesnt have a dribble, he does. I believe its a question of him closing the distance between himself and his defender. By dribbling in place too long, He's letting his defender dictate what he does with the ball, instead of the other way around. Thats how I see it anyway.

I agree. It’s overstated that you have to be super quick to get by your man. It’s more about change of pace and determination. Frank is hesitant even when he gets by his man. Frank also slows down bringing it up when he doesn’t have to. This is a process and he’ll have to work on this.

nixluva
USA
11/1/2017  11:41 PM
I need this in my life right now

nixluva
USA
11/1/2017  11:56 PM
I need this in my life too 😳

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/2/2017  12:02 AM
A lot of positives tonight despite the loss. The rookies got some experience and made the most of it. Ntilikina showed grit playing against Harden. He reminds me a little of a PG version of draymond.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/2/2017  12:06 AM
I thought Houston defense forced the Knicks into a position where Jack was kinda left open and forced to make shot or do something, and he couldn't. Just like the Knicks left Rose open on every occasion against Cavs.

Man, Dotson is athletic and will fit in nice when Lee gets moved.

Frank gotta make better decisions about when to look for his own shot. And defenses know he is hesitating going to the rim, they are playing him that way. He does see the floor very well.

And Willy better man up; Kanter D nothing to write home about but Willy's is much worse.

I see Beas getting moved or cut. He is always late on rotations and help D.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/2/2017  12:10 AM
Going to have games like that--our perimeter will be inferior many nights.

I didnt think Jeff H helped the cause tonight--we seemed to sub way to early when we had somewhat of a footing in the game. He was way too tight with Kanter--that almost seemed like that was personal blame. It didnt look like we had any game plan to guard past the line--we let them do want they wanted to do--sit out and take uncontested 3's.

We dont have the personnel to match up that great with Houston. We had no one to guard Andersen who went wild and Harden is light years above anything we have(than most teams have) We played with a better pace in the 1st Q and around the 7-8 minute mark we started subbing and that was essentially the game.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/2/2017  12:13 AM
martin wrote:I thought Houston defense forced the Knicks into a position where Jack was kinda left open and forced to make shot or do something, and he couldn't. Just like the Knicks left Rose open on every occasion against Cavs.

Frank gotta make better decisions about when to look for his own shot. And defenses know he is hesitating going to the rim, they are playing him that way. He does see the floor very well.

And Willy better man up; Kanter D nothing to write home about but Willy's is much worse.

Its strange because Beasley was legitimately a very good bench player last year with the Bucks on both sides of the ball. So far he looks nothing like that guy who shot over 50% and played a good game of D.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/2/2017  12:19 AM
I almost feel bad for Frank at times. He is physically not ready for the nBA. He can play some because of length and IQ but man his body is soft and weak. He has a great deal of indecisiveness in his game--he needs to be in college playing basketball and learning the game--hes not an NBA player right now. I dont care if he had 5 steals and 8 assists--those are misleading. He knocked the ball away from Harden a few times but Harden also shot at will when he really wanted to--hes 50 pounds heavier than Frank easily
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
11/2/2017  12:31 AM
martin wrote:I thought Houston defense forced the Knicks into a position where Jack was kinda left open and forced to make shot or do something, and he couldn't. Just like the Knicks left Rose open on every occasion against Cavs.

Agreed. Dotson deserves a spot in the rotation and Beasley does NOT!

Frank is still learning and has work to do on offense but MAN... that defense is legit. Such good court vision. When he puts it all together he’s gonna be special.

Willy didn’t do himself any favors tonight. Very disappointed in him.

Game Thread 11/1: Houston we ain't got no problems!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy