[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread 11/1: Houston we ain't got no problems!!!
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  9:25 AM
I really want this game!!!

Our defense has really been stopping points in the paint and guys have been getting back out to the 3 point line faster.

One thing that Boston, Detroit and OKC showed us is we can get bullied physically at times. In our three wins we seemed to push through when teams started playing dirty.

I think we can bring it to Houston. We're not going to stop Harden. Gordon himself is averaging 25 pts a game. We can play our game though and shoot it out! They have no answer for KP. We need THJr to have another big game. Our defense in the paint has got to be strong as its been the last 3 games.

Let's go Knicks!!!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

11/1/2017  9:51 AM
Kanter and KOQ will detroy them in paint
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2017  9:53 AM
Want to see KP and Kanter provide some good help D in the paint. Harden is going to be blowing by guys left and right. We need our bigs to make stops.

Hard to believe that Kanter is only 25. They both commit to defense, no one is going to look forward to driving on the Knicks.

EnySpree

11/1/2017  10:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Want to see KP and Kanter provide some good help D in the paint. Harden is going to be blowing by guys left and right. We need our bigs to make stops.

Hard to believe that Kanter is only 25. They both commit to defense, no one is going to look forward to driving on the Knicks.

Just as long as our perimeter guys stay with their man. Their whole offense is drive and kick. We know it very well. We don't need our Bigs to get so out of position that Harden is throwing lobs to Capela all day. We can't let what they do mess up what we do. We gotta instill our will.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/1/2017  10:06 AM
In the three losses, no team's really been shooting lights out against us from three (PG was over 40%, but that's it).

But nobody shoots threes at a clip like Houston. Eff the paint, we need to ensure we defend the perimeter.

Hopefully the new rule keeps Harden from going to the line 30 times...

Willy's got to get some time tonight if for no other reason than to absorb some of those fouls.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2017  10:17 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Want to see KP and Kanter provide some good help D in the paint. Harden is going to be blowing by guys left and right. We need our bigs to make stops.

I put this more on the guards. This is where goo defense starts. Give Harden left or right, but not both. Allan Houston, never regarded as a good defender was always good at pushing guys who beat him towards help. He couldnt stop the penetration, but he could cheat left or right and force the driver to go where he knew help would be. If our guards can do that at the very worst Harden can expect a night of hard fouls from KP, Kanter, KOQ and company. That would be my sell to the team. So far all our guards have done a good job at this... except maybe Sessions.

Concede the jumper. Give teams a little space on the long 2. Contest the 3 and try to push the drivers away from the middle. Own the boards, batter them in the paint and push it in transition.

One things is our bigs are getting down the floor and our guards are finding them. Its a been a joy. Our team hustles.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

11/1/2017  10:31 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Just as long as our perimeter guys stay with their man. Their whole offense is drive and kick. We know it very well. We don't need our Bigs to get so out of position that Harden is throwing lobs to Capela all day. We can't let what they do mess up what we do. We gotta instill our will.

We're talking about Harden, one of the best PGs in the league at getting to the rim, who can blow by elite defenders. Pretty sure that Jack is going to need some help at times.

Don't want to see KP and Kanter looking at each other, wondering why one of them didn't make the stop.

EnySpree

11/1/2017  10:56 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

We're talking about Harden, one of the best PGs in the league at getting to the rim, who can blow by elite defenders. Pretty sure that Jack is going to need some help at times.

Don't want to see KP and Kanter looking at each other, wondering why one of them didn't make the stop.

I rather Harden drop 50 and the Knicks win by 20 because we defended the 3pt line. As someone stated, they shoot the 3 like no other team. More than half their shots are 3pters.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

11/1/2017  10:59 AM
I'm glad everybody is amped and not saying bad thibfst. exciting things are happening. go Knicks
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2017  11:08 AM
We got some bulletin board material too. Pringles kept his starting 5 deep into the 4 quarter in the preseason game.
GustavBahler

11/1/2017  11:11 AM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I rather Harden drop 50 and the Knicks win by 20 because we defended the 3pt line. As someone stated, they shoot the 3 like no other team. More than half their shots are 3pters.

I like any scenario that results in a win. Dont see Harden dropping 50 on us getting us there. Not easy to stop a 3pt shooting team like that for the whole game. Everything should matter.

NYKBocker
USA
11/1/2017  11:15 AM
I want to sic the French prince on Harden. Let's see what Harden will do against a player that moves his feet really well with arms up.
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/1/2017  11:27 AM
fishmike wrote:

I put this more on the guards. This is where goo defense starts. Give Harden left or right, but not both. Allan Houston, never regarded as a good defender was always good at pushing guys who beat him towards help. He couldnt stop the penetration, but he could cheat left or right and force the driver to go where he knew help would be. If our guards can do that at the very worst Harden can expect a night of hard fouls from KP, Kanter, KOQ and company. That would be my sell to the team. So far all our guards have done a good job at this... except maybe Sessions.

Concede the jumper. Give teams a little space on the long 2. Contest the 3 and try to push the drivers away from the middle. Own the boards, batter them in the paint and push it in transition.

One things is our bigs are getting down the floor and our guards are finding them. Its a been a joy. Our team hustles.

good point. And what's so bad with simply forcing him to go to his opposite hand -- overplay if you need to

(5)(5)
EnySpree

11/1/2017  11:29 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I want to sic the French prince on Harden. Let's see what Harden will do against a player that moves his feet really well with arms up.

Jack had been pretty good too.... don't sleep on Eric Gordon though. He's averaging 24.9 points a game!

fishmike
USA
11/1/2017  11:36 AM
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

good point. And what's so bad with simply forcing him to go to his opposite hand -- overplay if you need to

exactly. If Harden beats you by taking 30 jumpers fine. Dont let him beat you inside or on the FT line where he lives.
NYKBocker
USA
11/1/2017  11:40 AM
Gotta make sure we get back on defense and stop ball early when Harden has the ball. Pack the lane and pressure the ball.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/1/2017  12:00 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I want to sic the French prince on Harden. Let's see what Harden will do against a player that moves his feet really well with arms up.

I would put Hardaway on Harden and Frank on Gordan.

We would be asking the rook to pick up cheap fouls guarding Harden full time. Frank making it tough for Gordan to get his 3s off though would be just up his alley.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
USA
11/1/2017  12:01 PM
good measuring stick game. Looking forward to see how we look
EnySpree

11/1/2017  12:06 PM
We can't let their supporting cast do anything.... right now nobody is really having a particular good year. Ariza is averaging 6pts in 35 mins.... can't let those bums get off
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/1/2017  12:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  12:08 PM
Would like to see KP continue to impose his will on the game. Moute Moute(Spell) and Tucker are tough defenders who they will try to stick on KP after he eats Anderson up. Capella has presented Kanter problems in the past, but maybe KOQ can matchup better.

Have to continue to rely on quality depth of Frank, Lee, Dougie, KOQ as the adjustments get made.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Game Thread 11/1: Houston we ain't got no problems!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy