[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Beas and Derm
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2017  5:00 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:McDermott looking a lot like a Korver type in terms of off the ball movement and quick release shooting. I actually thought he was competitive on D, too.

He, and some of the others on the team, seem to have finally understood the offense Hornacek wants them to play, and he is much better than Kuz and Beas moving without the ball.

I think he is only going to get better as the season progresses...

I really Like McDermott. He’s the right kind of player for this style. He’s picked up his effort level and shows he has good BBIQ. Of course his jumper wet as hell. They need to work on more ways of getting him the ball.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/31/2017  6:06 PM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:McDermott looking a lot like a Korver type in terms of off the ball movement and quick release shooting. I actually thought he was competitive on D, too.

He, and some of the others on the team, seem to have finally understood the offense Hornacek wants them to play, and he is much better than Kuz and Beas moving without the ball.

I think he is only going to get better as the season progresses...

I really Like McDermott. He’s the right kind of player for this style. He’s picked up his effort level and shows he has good BBIQ. Of course his jumper wet as hell. They need to work on more ways of getting him the ball.

that will work when kp figures out how to make quick reads out of the double, or when ever frank starts to get more than 15 minutes.

derms is really good shooter, and I agree about the korver comparison.

ES
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/31/2017  6:11 PM
EnySpree wrote:You guys just hate Beasley. I don't know what he did to make people hate him so much.

Never said he had a dominant game.... He did have several key plays for us that we needed from him off the bench. You guys should watch the game over. Wash the hate out your eyes

+1. Fair enough to say he has deficiencies. But he is a good addition for the price.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Member: #748
10/31/2017  6:28 PM
Nothing wrong with having more scorers.....

Beasley only looks high because he talked about weed in a positive light......

News flash.....85% of NBA players smoke! Most states are trying to make it legal, so no grounds of hate there.

Beasley to me is a poor mans Melo....And he's playing exactly where Melo should've played......Off The Bench!

I have no problems with our new players or old players. I think everybody can contribute in their own way, including Noah.

The problem to me, is the same problem as before....

1 ....building around Melo, but that problem no longer exist.
2 ....having the right coaching staff / coach not affraid to go against the norm or make tough decisions. I think Hornacek has met and so far exceeding that goal very early. If the ship starts to sink now, then that means someone is not getting playing time or upset about something and starts to spread locker room cancer. This is why I love the backups we have. All of them have something to prove. None of them are trying to be something they are not. Beas used to be that guy, but he's older now and happy to have a job, especially under these bright lights of NYC.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
reub
Member: #6227

10/31/2017  8:13 PM
martin wrote:If Knicks don't make trade, I see Beas getting cut

Yeah I agree also. The only other option is Sessions? We do have Baker and Trey Burke in the G league.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/31/2017  8:30 PM
Beasley was very good last year. We could have some issues scoring off the bench-- he's been fine but he can play better. He can get us 20 on a given night-- so I think it's a stay the course for now. We've won 3 in a row and have been + 20 in 4 games -- it reminds me of the Jets this year. Counted out the jets are a few plays from 6-2. Too bad we lost to Detroit-- team deserves to be 4-2
RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2017  8:48 PM
If Beasley does his share of moving without the ball, and doesnt rely too much on ISO. I get the feeling that Frank will find him. They could do some damage together.

McDermott is playing hard, good way to get more PT.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/1/2017  12:49 AM
beasley could be the odd man out when noah comes back. unless of course....the knicks do the unthinkable....
just.....

cut.....

Noah.....

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Beas and Derm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy