[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How valuable is Kyle Oquinn?
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/31/2017  9:41 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I am starting to rethink my stance trading KOQ. He is really clicking with KP. So is Kanter. The question is if another team offers a 1st rounder...do we bite?

I am starting to like him more, but he remains a poor decision maker and low IQ player. On that count I would trade him - for the right deal

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/1/2017  12:47 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I am starting to rethink my stance trading KOQ. He is really clicking with KP. So is Kanter. The question is if another team offers a 1st rounder...do we bite?

I am starting to like him more, but he remains a poor decision maker and low IQ player. On that count I would trade him - for the right deal

he's lost weight, came into the season in terrific shape, is a NYer, likeable. i'd rather pay him than ron effin baker or lance effin thomas.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/1/2017  6:09 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Andrew wrote:What do you guys think his worth on the open market is next year (assuming his play stays consistently as is)?

7pts, 7rebs, 1.5 blocks in 17 minutes.

That's about 15, 15, and 3 in starter's minutes. I think he could get about 4 years, 60 mil, which is too much.

Hes going to get paid-but 15mm? I was thinking 4 years 36- 40mm$ Im not worried about consistency---look at his lifetime numbers--not only is he ticking up--one of his attributes is consistency. There will be games where he doesnt make an imprint because of lack of minutes--thats consistent with ALL bench players and 3 point shooters as well--but its the sum of the play

Knicks have o trade him Briggs they can't be stupid here. We will end up losing him for nothing. It makes zero sense to keep him with Noah and Willy locked up on the roster. I know everyone is excited but this team still needs a lot more talent. We still need a 3 very badly. This team won't be a real contender until they get a star SF. If we can get another chance at one with a draft pick i'd do it in a second
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/1/2017  8:52 AM
franco12 wrote:I've always like him and would love to keep him long term. he's from the area and he is one of the few guys we might be able to get a long term discount from moving beyond his current contract.

Blue collar role player.

There's no home town discount. Guy isn't a superstar...he gots to get paid while he can.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/1/2017  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  10:17 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

he's lost weight, came into the season in terrific shape, is a NYer, likeable. i'd rather pay him than ron effin baker or lance effin thomas.

I'd rather overpay for none of those 3 (Baker, Thomas, O'Quinn).
Ira
Member: #91
11/1/2017  5:48 PM
O'Quinn plays both sides of the court and he's a top rebounder. Having a guy like that coming in off the bench is valuable. You don't want to overpay for anyone, but if he's willing to come back at a reasonable contract, then you bring him back.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/1/2017  5:53 PM
Love the guy and would love to keep him BUT it makes more sense to trade him instead of potentially losing him for nothing
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/1/2017  6:10 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Andrew wrote:What do you guys think his worth on the open market is next year (assuming his play stays consistently as is)?

7pts, 7rebs, 1.5 blocks in 17 minutes.

That's about 15, 15, and 3 in starter's minutes. I think he could get about 4 years, 60 mil, which is too much.

Hes going to get paid-but 15mm? I was thinking 4 years 36- 40mm$ Im not worried about consistency---look at his lifetime numbers--not only is he ticking up--one of his attributes is consistency. There will be games where he doesnt make an imprint because of lack of minutes--thats consistent with ALL bench players and 3 point shooters as well--but its the sum of the play

Knicks have o trade him Briggs they can't be stupid here. We will end up losing him for nothing. It makes zero sense to keep him with Noah and Willy locked up on the roster. I know everyone is excited but this team still needs a lot more talent. We still need a 3 very badly. This team won't be a real contender until they get a star SF. If we can get another chance at one with a draft pick i'd do it in a second

I will hold my cards until deadline--we need to do nothing right now but observe.

RIP Crushalot😞
meloshouldgo

11/1/2017  7:48 PM
The Cavs will be desperate for a big guy, even Domantas Sabonis is picking them apart
meloshouldgo

11/1/2017  7:50 PM
Down 49-40 @home to the Pacers without Myles Turner? The pacers!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/1/2017  8:05 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Down 49-40 @home to the Pacers without Myles Turner? The pacers!!

Oladipo has played really well for Indy. That deal won't seem so one sided if Oladipo can produce consistently like he has so far.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo

11/1/2017  11:10 PM
The Cavs are self destructing
meloshouldgo

11/1/2017  11:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Down 49-40 @home to the Pacers without Myles Turner? The pacers!!

Oladipo has played really well for Indy. That deal won't seem so one sided if Oladipo can produce consistently like he has so far.

Yes and so has Sabonis

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/1/2017  11:26 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yes and so has Sabonis

I like Dipo, but no way he keeps up this pace. He's shooting 46% from 3. But if he maintains a scoring average in the low 20s with a solid shooting percentage,than Indiana will be more than happy. Dipo, even at his current salary, would be a bargain compared to the max PG will get.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
How valuable is Kyle Oquinn?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy