[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank will need multi year
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/31/2017  11:18 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:Briggs, you watching the games? Frank is very quick around screens. He's quick to use his length to get steals or cause opponent turnovers. He's quick to see a play developing before its developed. D League time?! We are at game 6 or so and the kid is doing great - bringing defensive intensity to a team that sorely needs it, and learning on the job. The coaching staff is bringing him along smartly. D Leauge?! Get that ****e out of here.

I don't think he is quick-- but he's smart and quite long. I like him in unit 2 for now-- but I think running the show as a primary pg in the d league from time to time will help the developmental process. Many teams will watch tape of last night and they will send defenders tight on him. He had a lot of trouble just getting into the front court. Many of these 19 yo guys need skill development-- why wouldn't we want to take advantage of westchester home games where he can play lead pg for 6-7 games during the year? It makes a ton of sense.

I don't think the Knicks can afford to put him in the D-league. He has been a big contributor to us winning right now.

Will Barton is a tough long defender physical defender for most guards. Beverly ate Ball's lunch when they played. It comes with being a rookie.

I don't think its the handle though. Its more of his physical strength to shield off defenders like Barton.

He made a couple bone head passes though long range through traffic. Then had that offensive foul when he had a dump off to I think Kanter on the drive. Some of the fouls called on him was suspect though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
10/31/2017  11:24 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Welpee wrote:So is this how it's gonna be from here on out, players are judged on a game by game basis. KP is the now compared to Larry Bird? Frank needs a couple of years development after one shaky game? So if Frank plays well on Wednesday he's the next Gary Payton?

Here on out? This has been Briggs MO for 15 yrs. When KP got ate up by Gobert last season. I think he wanted KP in the D league as well LOL(exaggerating)

I think anyone can see what Frank needs to work on including the rest of the NBA. We have a D league team where the guy lives--why wouldnt we want to get him more work--especially the extended kind in game play? Its not a demerit--its development. San Antonio did this with D Murray last year.

We want him vs NBA competition. I want him to face Will Barton's and grow from that experience. KP stated it was when Marcus Smart shut him down by taking away his legs. That's when he knew he had to work tirelessly on his lower body to ensure that small players will never be able to do that to him again.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2017  11:39 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Welpee wrote:So is this how it's gonna be from here on out, players are judged on a game by game basis. KP is the now compared to Larry Bird? Frank needs a couple of years development after one shaky game? So if Frank plays well on Wednesday he's the next Gary Payton?

Here on out? This has been Briggs MO for 15 yrs. When KP got ate up by Gobert last season. I think he wanted KP in the D league as well LOL(exaggerating)

I think anyone can see what Frank needs to work on including the rest of the NBA. We have a D league team where the guy lives--why wouldnt we want to get him more work--especially the extended kind in game play? Its not a demerit--its development. San Antonio did this with D Murray last year.

We want him vs NBA competition. I want him to face Will Barton's and grow from that experience. KP stated it was when Marcus Smart shut him down by taking away his legs. That's when he knew he had to work tirelessly on his lower body to ensure that small players will never be able to do that to him again.

Didn't know that, very interesting. KP is doing a better job backing in players, holding his ground. Should get even better as he gets stronger. Also getting better at taking a fall, rolling, minimizing the impact on his body.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/31/2017  11:42 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:Briggs, you watching the games? Frank is very quick around screens. He's quick to use his length to get steals or cause opponent turnovers. He's quick to see a play developing before its developed. D League time?! We are at game 6 or so and the kid is doing great - bringing defensive intensity to a team that sorely needs it, and learning on the job. The coaching staff is bringing him along smartly. D Leauge?! Get that ****e out of here.

I don't think he is quick-- but he's smart and quite long. I like him in unit 2 for now-- but I think running the show as a primary pg in the d league from time to time will help the developmental process. Many teams will watch tape of last night and they will send defenders tight on him. He had a lot of trouble just getting into the front court. Many of these 19 yo guys need skill development-- why wouldn't we want to take advantage of westchester home games where he can play lead pg for 6-7 games during the year? It makes a ton of sense.

I don't think the Knicks can afford to put him in the D-league. He has been a big contributor to us winning right now.

Will Barton is a tough long defender physical defender for most guards. Beverly ate Ball's lunch when they played. It comes with being a rookie.

I don't think its the handle though. Its more of his physical strength to shield off defenders like Barton.

He made a couple bone head passes though long range through traffic. Then had that offensive foul when he had a dump off to I think Kanter on the drive. Some of the fouls called on him was suspect though.

NY he can play in every Knick game--on off days he can play in westchester?

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
10/31/2017  11:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Not sure, but it would be Jeff's call to decide something like. At the same time could Frank handle that type of work load without his performance suffering during a game.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/31/2017  12:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

How on Earth is this a good idea? Where does he get his sacred rest days and where does he get his even more sacred practice time? It’s either one or the other... and IMO it shouldn’t be allowed.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/31/2017  12:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

on off days he should be practicing with his teammates!

this is a bad idea; he's contributing and growing; he'll learn more and develop more with the NBA team and their staff

Now, if you want to send Dotson or Kuz or someone else essentially out of the rotation it would be a different story

When do you start Willy to the D-league thread?

(5)(5)
Frank will need multi year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy