[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Winning Streak! Nuggs in town for back-to-back for both teams
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/30/2017  10:21 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Back to back wins...and we looked like we might crumble but fought back. Denver came from behind to beat the Nets yesterday...looked bad for a time.

Seems like these guys are not buying into the tank thing, are they?

As some have said...KP looking like a top 5 player already, and he still has a lot of room to improve.

KOQ going to make it pretty hard for Willy to play, and if we play well enough, trade away at the trade deadline, which a lot of us figured would happen. Have to like the fact that not only did he remake his body last season, but he kept in shape for this one.

Back to back to back wins with 2 of them within a back to back.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/30/2017  10:23 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Soft@home was coming to life towards the end, will he be consistent or will he on again, off again?

i guess the question he has to ask himself is....does he want to be known as the new JR Smith minus the attitude.
the potential is there to be consistent but don't try to justify your contract young blood, just play within the flow.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/30/2017  10:30 PM
TPercy wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Hello Knicks fans -- this is a my first post here -- have lurked here a few years and am a regular poster on another board. Tired of the same people saying the same things there including me so I registered here today. Anyway, after all the negativity of the last few seasons, the off season, the preseason, and the first couple of games, it is terrific to be psyched about a Knicks game. Screw tanking! A win tonight would be a great bump. I'm sure this team has some inconsistency ahead (at best) but it would be great to have meaningful games while watching a team grow. I first became a Knicks fan in the early 80s -- the day I moved to NYC was same day as the Michael Ray "The Ship Be Sinking" headline. I cheered Ken the Animal and Eddie Lee Wilkins from the Blue nosebleeds at MSG. I'll say it again -- screw tanking!

Look forward to being part of this board :)

welcome, man. and leave realgm a**holes alone :)

Ha, thanks! Looks like I arrived on a good day :)

Hello there. Welcome to Knicks hell.

Nah, not no more. But thanks.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/30/2017  10:31 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Back to back wins...and we looked like we might crumble but fought back. Denver came from behind to beat the Nets yesterday...looked bad for a time.

As some have said...KP looking like a top 5 player already, and he still has a lot of room to improve.

KOQ going to make it pretty hard for Willy to play, and if we play well enough, trade away at the trade deadline, which a lot of us figured would happen. Have to like the fact that not only did he remake his body last season, but he kept in shape for this one.

Three... game... win... streak..?

Does not compute

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/30/2017  10:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

KP finishes with 38 points. Three game win streak and we are a 0.500 team.
I’m shocked! I thought for sure we’d never see 0.500 again after starting 0-3

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/30/2017  11:06 PM
KP once again was the best player on the floor for both teams, another shout out to Phil for Kyle Oquin like Wally said he was the second best player on the floor for the knicks. 15/12/5, wow if o Quinn keeps this up we are talking 6 th man of the year. Willy who? Kyle is king right now.

Frank had a nice drive to the basket and a three off the bench as well as bringing the Defense, I always want to see more of frank when he gets taken out. Horny, I know he got into foul trouble but come on he just got going,let the kid play.

Jack has been nothing short of Perfect, he’s like “The Natural” in basketball form for this knicks starting 5. We haven’t had a pg like jack since .... J kidd not comparing talent but vet basketball IQ and court savvy. He’s just looking to set up teammates and its beautiful to watch!

I don’t think this is a fluke I think this team is very talented and KP is dominating so far you can really tell he put in WORK this summer.

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/30/2017  11:06 PM
A win is a win but this one was not very satisfying after nearly blowing another big lead.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/30/2017  11:11 PM
fitzfarm wrote:KP once again was the best player on the floor for both teams, another shout out to Phil for Kyle Oquin like Wally said he was the second best player on the floor for the knicks. 15/12/5, wow if o Quinn keeps this up we are talking 6 th man of the year. Willy who? Kyle is king right now.

Frank had a nice drive to the basket and a three off the bench as well as bringing the Defense, I always want to see more of frank when he gets taken out. Horny, I know he got into foul trouble but come on he just got going,let the kid play.

Jack has been nothing short of Perfect, he’s like “The Natural” in basketball form for this knicks starting 5. We haven’t had a pg like jack since .... J kidd not comparing talent but vet basketball IQ and court savvy. He’s just looking to set up teammates and its beautiful to watch!

I don’t think this is a fluke I think this team is very talented and KP is dominating so far you can really tell he put in WORK this summer.

100 percent

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/30/2017  11:28 PM
Welpee wrote:A win is a win but this one was not very satisfying after nearly blowing another big lead.

Not very satisfying? You are a knick fan..... we haven't won enough the last 15 years to make comments like that lol

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
10/30/2017  11:31 PM
Denver was hot too and we almost blew them out. Three wins against three teams that aren’t total bums. Denver shot their way back into it aided by turnovers but we learned from it and will continue to grow and still got the win. Good teams find ways to win tough close games where things don’t go your way.
Zebo13
USA
10/30/2017  11:34 PM
18 3’s for Denver and they shot the three 44% as a team. This was their best shooting game they’ll have all year and we still hung on.
Zebo13
USA
10/30/2017  11:51 PM
Dotson sighting! He looked strong and played hard. 5 boards in 6 minutes. I too loved he and Frank as our defensive lock backcourt of the future. Frank has a 3rd game of a NBA career type of game. It’ll happen. Still saw some bright spots.
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/31/2017  4:28 AM
Knicks finaly have some team identity developing, this is very important, before it was just all about Melo
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/31/2017  7:05 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Welpee wrote:A win is a win but this one was not very satisfying after nearly blowing another big lead.

Not very satisfying? You are a knick fan..... we haven't won enough the last 15 years to make comments like that lol

lol, good point!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2017  8:22 AM
Welpee wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

lol, good point!
I mean I sure didnt enjoy watching them blow the lead, but I think they learned more from blowing the lead and having to fight back than coasting. I thought that showed something. This crew is easy to get behind. Its a team thing and a joy to watch. They are really getting after the ball and playing hard on D.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/31/2017  9:38 AM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

lol, good point!
I mean I sure didnt enjoy watching them blow the lead, but I think they learned more from blowing the lead and having to fight back than coasting. I thought that showed something. This crew is easy to get behind. Its a team thing and a joy to watch. They are really getting after the ball and playing hard on D.

I didn't think a team featuring a 22 y/o, castoffs at PG, and having a SG play SF would be entertaining to watch but you are absolutely right

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/31/2017  9:44 AM
Gudris wrote:Knicks finaly have some team identity developing, this is very important, before it was just all about Melo

True. But Knicks also finally have a Center that can score down low and rebound. A three point threat that can get really hot in the third quarter and score 9 points in a row when other team is coming back, several guys that are PROS and can hit open threes. And a bench not made up of LT as your best player, Sasha, Grant, Hollawyay, etc etc. But your right. I like this teams identity. Its a team made up of more than just two NBA level players that are fringe solid players, a 7'3 guy that posts up 80% of the time, an NBA ready bench that can truly compete and lots of young athletic guys that can contribute at some level and are not liabilities. BUT most important, IMHO, it is that we dont have an offensive SYSTEM where it strangles our athletic players and their strenghts.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/31/2017  9:47 AM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

lol, good point!

This! Blowing a team out shows that you put in more effort and hit more shots than them. Losing a big lead and then hanging tough to close out the game for the win shows that your team is also mentally tough. Big takeaway.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2017  10:11 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

lol, good point!

This! Blowing a team out shows that you put in more effort and hit more shots than them. Losing a big lead and then hanging tough to close out the game for the win shows that your team is also mentally tough. Big takeaway.

rare to see ANY pro team play as poorly as NY did in the 3rd. This would have been a brutal loss so I kept waiting for them to kind of bounce back. Timmy was fantastic. I was shocked he didnt score until the 4th, I thought he was plenty involved. Ive been watching him away from the ball. He's getting after it. So is McD. They are going full speed on defense. Last night when KP was struggling he flew down the court to get back and challenge that Chandler drive.

So many good signs, and the coach pulled the right strings with PG. Jack and Frank. Our PGs are all pass first. Its awesome.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/31/2017  10:32 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

lol, good point!

rare to see ANY pro team play as poorly as NY did in the 3rd. This would have been a brutal loss so I kept waiting for them to kind of bounce back. Timmy was fantastic. I was shocked he didnt score until the 4th, I thought he was plenty involved. Ive been watching him away from the ball. He's getting after it. So is McD. They are going full speed on defense. Last night when KP was struggling he flew down the court to get back and challenge that Chandler drive.

So many good signs, and the coach pulled the right strings with PG. Jack and Frank. Our PGs are all pass first. Its awesome.

They did the same vs Cleveland. Cavs went on that run to get back in the game. I was sure that Lebron was just going to take over from there. But Knicks stayed strong fought through the storm and retaliated with furry on their own.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Gamethread: Winning Streak! Nuggs in town for back-to-back for both teams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy