[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can knicks now have legit chance at Lebron James ?
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/1/2017  9:02 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Yes, this is exactly what this team needs. A declining Lebron who will want to start his coaching/GM/Basketball Ops Prez career.

He had all the money in the world before and he wouldn't come to NYC, why now? We have one real player. You really think Lebron's up at night dreaming of playing with THJr and Nitti and Willy? Really?

Two weeks ago this wouldnt have to come to my mind--yesterday--it comes to mind. If we added Lebron to this team now--tell me how good are they? Lerbon has 5 years left in that tank--he could win 3 chips here if we did it right.

I think you just might be overreacting to a nice early season win.

Lebron's not coming here. NY media is still the NY media. No matter how much he has left in the tank.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/1/2017  3:19 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Yes, this is exactly what this team needs. A declining Lebron who will want to start his coaching/GM/Basketball Ops Prez career.

He had all the money in the world before and he wouldn't come to NYC, why now? We have one real player. You really think Lebron's up at night dreaming of playing with THJr and Nitti and Willy? Really?

Two weeks ago this wouldnt have to come to my mind--yesterday--it comes to mind. If we added Lebron to this team now--tell me how good are they? Lerbon has 5 years left in that tank--he could win 3 chips here if we did it right.

I think you just might be overreacting to a nice early season win.

Lebron's not coming here. NY media is still the NY media. No matter how much he has left in the tank.

If he won here--hed be on god status--thats pretty high:)

RIP Crushalot😞
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/2/2017  12:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:What a way for lbj to go out -- winning in NYC. I have to think he has seen some nice parts here

Two weeks ago I would've never even contemplated this -- but can this be legit?

Adam Silver discussing changing the playoff brackets ( i.e. top 16 teams, without regard to actual conference) is really a precursor to LBJ moving to a Western team.

The last thing the league administration and Nike and the networks want is LBJ on a Western team who will struggle to get to the top seeds in the West, thus will face the Warriors early and get destroyed. Nike wants LBJ in as many Finals as possible. More Western teams push a LBJ Western team ( likely the Lakers ) up the chain, making it more likely the league can massage a LBJ team into a non Warriors bracket for as long as possible, and more Western teams mean more talented teams, which mean longer playoff series which means more playoff games which means more money and the networks aren't going nuts over sweeps in the playoffs anymore.

LBJ has a lifetime contract with Nike, he will do as he's told, because they want a return on their investment.

LBJ is odds on going to the Lakers. Which mean Lonzo Ball will be available for trade this offseason. ( No way LBJ and Nike will be OK with LaVar Ball chirping at them all the time) If the Knicks want him, this is their chance to get him.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/3/2017  8:56 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:What a way for lbj to go out -- winning in NYC. I have to think he has seen some nice parts here

Adam Silver discussing changing the playoff brackets ( i.e. top 16 teams, without regard to actual conference) is really a precursor to LBJ moving to a Western team.

The last thing the league administration and Nike and the networks want is LBJ on a Western team who will struggle to get to the top seeds in the West, thus will face the Warriors early and get destroyed. Nike wants LBJ in as many Finals as possible. More Western teams push a LBJ Western team ( likely the Lakers ) up the chain, making it more likely the league can massage a LBJ team into a non Warriors bracket for as long as possible, and more Western teams mean more talented teams, which mean longer playoff series which means more playoff games which means more money and the networks aren't going nuts over sweeps in the playoffs anymore.

LBJ has a lifetime contract with Nike, he will do as he's told, because they want a return on their investment.

LBJ is odds on going to the Lakers. Which mean Lonzo Ball will be available for trade this offseason. ( No way LBJ and Nike will be OK with LaVar Ball chirping at them all the time) If the Knicks want him, this is their chance to get him.

So speculative.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/3/2017  3:51 PM

If he goes anywhere it will be to LA to play with PG, Melo, Wade, CP3.

But think he will be committed to proving everyone(Kyrie) wrong about leaving Cleveland.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/4/2017  10:33 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

If he goes anywhere it will be to LA to play with PG, Melo, Wade, CP3.

But think he will be committed to proving everyone(Kyrie) wrong about leaving Cleveland.

Lebron James is a very smart guy. He can incorporate himself here. You add Lebron to what is here and throw in a PG upgrade--although Jack has played well--maybe some additional vet upgrades? and we have one helluva team that would be a championship contender--in NYC LBJ would be co kings with KP. They are all young LBJ could do this for 3-5 years.

RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/5/2017  9:56 PM
LBJ is not what he used to be. who is?
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/6/2017  1:28 AM
Caseloads wrote:LBJ is not what he used to be. who is?

He's cycling down on his PEDS to stay in compliance with the league's sham drug testing. That's it. That's all this is right now.

Every season is the same. He's off and on at the beginning of the year. People start whispering. Then in the 2nd half, in a gutted Eastern Conference, he turns it on and goes into Monster Mode and starts crushing other teams as refs look the other way and he crab dribbles his way to Nike induced bliss.

The Warriors and Cavs, barring some really strange circumstances, are both headed to the Finals. Again.

His "off nights" will simply be logistically practical to get his four "random" drug tests out of the way. It's also a nice narrative push to have him break out strong after the All Star break.

The players in the NBAPA, the elite ones, they don't work for the NBA, that's their side job. They actually work for Nike, for Adidas, for Under Armour, for all these other brands. The NBA is not where it is right now without Nike. Both sides know this. Nike gave LBJ a lifetime contract, they want a return on their investment. LBJ will make the Finals if the league and refs have to build a railroad made out of kidnapped babies for LBJ to ride into the Finals.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2017  5:44 AM
Caseloads wrote:LBJ is not what he used to be. who is?

He's not what he used to be? What is he worse at now?

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/6/2017  6:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2017  6:17 AM
I thought LA too but Melo isdropping early, Wade little in the tank, and Cp3 often injured. Lakers ain’t ready either and LONZO overhyped. Lebron is about winning. NYK? Who coulda thunk it. They’ve boards in Kanter, Defense w Thomas, Ntilikina and KP, a complimentary superstar in KP and perhaps a bench by year end w Noah/WikyBeas / McDermott and Baker. We need a SG, badly in this sxenario
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/6/2017  7:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2017  7:26 AM
Paris907 wrote:I thought LA too but Melo isdropping early, Wade little in the tank, and Cp3 often injured. Lakers ain’t ready either and LONZO overhyped. Lebron is about winning. NYK? Who coulda thunk it. They’ve boards in Kanter, Defense w Thomas, Ntilikina and KP, a complimentary superstar in KP and perhaps a bench by year end w Noah/WikyBeas / McDermott and Baker. We need a SG, badly in this sxenario
I don't want Lebron. He would be the typical Knicks move, sign an aging superstar to huge money right before he falls off the cliff. And the guy would still be in diva mode.

He and Paul George are going to the Lakers next off season.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/6/2017  12:24 PM
Paris907 wrote:I thought LA too but Melo isdropping early, Wade little in the tank, and Cp3 often injured. Lakers ain’t ready either and LONZO overhyped. Lebron is about winning. NYK? Who coulda thunk it. They’ve boards in Kanter, Defense w Thomas, Ntilikina and KP, a complimentary superstar in KP and perhaps a bench by year end w Noah/WikyBeas / McDermott and Baker. We need a SG, badly in this sxenario

What, you see a future for the Noah albatross contract, but no THJr love at SG? Guy's actually playing defense and not hurting KP's "development"

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
11/6/2017  12:34 PM
Or we could just keep building around KP...

Boston is not going to be keep being good for the next 5-10 years by accident; they compiled assets and now they have their young star with a ton of young talent. We already have a star and a few young talents. Keep flipping assets for building blocks/picks to grow with KP.

Can knicks now have legit chance at Lebron James ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy