[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can knicks now have legit chance at Lebron James ?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/30/2017  10:02 AM
What a way for lbj to go out -- winning in NYC. I have to think he has seen some nice parts here

Two weeks ago I would've never even contemplated this -- but can this be legit?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/30/2017  10:20 AM
First of all you can never get too high or too low based on a couple of wins or losses. This team isn't going to make the playoffs, but they also aren't going to be as bad as a lot of people think. What they do have is a superstar big man at only 22 years old, a streaky scorer in hardaway, and Frank who has an opportunity to be a strong 2-way PG. This team might be a little too far behind LeBron's timeline, but in theory, plugging him in at either forward position, and Porzingis, Hardaway, and Ntilikina are an ideal supporting cast.
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/30/2017  10:27 AM
No, not legit. Now that Melo is gone, even less legit. However, he is really showing his age, and showing that youth and LENGTH and size count for a lot in the "new" NBA.

Lebron would fill a massive hole here, and winning here (more than once) would cement him as best ever actually.

Interested to see how our team does when they play the Warriors. Also interested to see how the Knicks do versus the Cavs in the rematch. The Cavs will go all out that game, and it is the first game Noah is back.

Caseloads
10/30/2017  10:28 AM
Yeah, Frank is two years away in my opinion from being steady. He's very solid in back up minutes now.
BRIGGS
10/30/2017  10:35 AM
Knixkik wrote:First of all you can never get too high or too low based on a couple of wins or losses. This team isn't going to make the playoffs, but they also aren't going to be as bad as a lot of people think. What they do have is a superstar big man at only 22 years old, a streaky scorer in hardaway, and Frank who has an opportunity to be a strong 2-way PG. This team might be a little too far behind LeBron's timeline, but in theory, plugging him in at either forward position, and Porzingis, Hardaway, and Ntilikina are an ideal supporting cast.

Unless there is injury--what will change with Kanter KP? KP will have bad game here and ther--but I think weve seen a lot of information here the first 5 games. This is not one lucky game. Kanter should get 18-12 every game.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/30/2017  10:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2017  11:03 AM
LeBron on the downside of his career would be perfect at small fwd with this group. I just wanna see Noah and LeBron hug it out

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
10/30/2017  11:31 AM
Bottom line is we can see the end of the line coming eventually for the Cavs, and it will open things up a bit. Obviously Boston looks next in line, and Milwaukee and Washington will be right there too, but if we continue to build this thing the way we are, KP develops the way he appears to be, and Ntilikina turns into a good 2-way player, we could be scratching the surface of being one of those bright, up and coming teams in the east.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/30/2017  11:36 AM
If Kanter doesn't exercise his option and the Knicks get KOQ and Baker to do the same... plus McDermott not accepting the qualifying offer.... that's looking like over 30 mill to spend. Not likely, but I'm just saying.

How good is KP, LeBron, Willy, Frank and Thjr?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub
Member: #6227

10/30/2017  11:41 AM
Are we going backwards in time? Stop with the living in the past. Let's get the NEXT Lebron but not this declining one.
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
10/30/2017  11:42 AM
Bron is old enough to feet usual NY starpunching script.
But we are not up to this stuff lately or at least appears not to be.
He will lend in LA... This is where the money and bright lights come together without ever-unsatisfied fan base and crappy media.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
10/30/2017  11:44 AM
EnySpree wrote:If Kanter doesn't exercise his option and the Knicks get KOQ and Baker to do the same... plus McDermott not accepting the qualifying offer.... that's looking like over 30 mill to spend. Not likely, but I'm just saying.

How good is KP, LeBron, Willy, Frank and Thjr?

Just for fun, a starting 5 of Ntilikina, Hardaway, Lee, LeBron, and KP is tailored made to succeed in today's NBA.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/30/2017  12:08 PM
Would rather see the Knicks try to field a squad to get past Lebron. A changing of the guard, with KP leading the way. As tough as that would be.
BRIGGS
10/30/2017  12:20 PM
reub wrote:Are we going backwards in time? Stop with the living in the past. Let's get the NEXT Lebron but not this declining one.

That is a good argument! Youre right but Id still take him!!! I want to win before I set sail into the ablyss

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/30/2017  12:22 PM
Funny...I was considering doing to do a "Would Lebron rather be playing with the Knicks lineup next year" thread.

He did the Miami Big Three thing & got titles...he came back to his hometown team and got them their first title...What would be bigger than bringing a title to a franchise that last won 45 years ago?

He wouldn't have to be the dominating James...he could pick his spots, provide wisdom, play some D, and be a distributor at the 3, and in certain situations (vs GS?) he could play at the 4 and with KP at center.

James needs a quest...no better quest than to get the Knicks a title. KP is coming into his own, we have a young core with various abilities and some vets who still have gas in the tank who can compliment James.

Why would James want to go to a ready-made team to win another title? Where is the sport in that? Maybe he plays with Wall? New York Knicks are still the sexier team, and he cements his basketball immortality if he wins a title for us.

He'd have to take less $$, I would think, so this might be an issue...but he's already rich...so the quest becomes the thing.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/30/2017  12:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2017  1:00 PM
First off last night or two nights ago was not a fluke its the start of KP realizing he is the best player on the floor and letting the game come to him. I knew once KP realized he cant be stopped and he lets the game come to him for easy buckets that he would become a top 3 superstar in the nba. We are seeing the addition by subtraction of melo right in front of our eyes, how we got a 25 year old rising star who perfectly compliments KP in kanter is huge kudos to Perry and company.

Do I want a declining star who only played with superstars to buy a few chips HECK NO. I don’t see how he can even be compared to Jordan is beyond me . He won with bosh and wade when all three were the best at there positions. Then he goes back to clevland and wins one with LOVE and Irving.

So that’s my personal feelings of LBJ, I do see his Playmaking ability having a huge plus on this team yea, how would lbj do as the second fiddle ? Would he imbrace KP or would he squawk in the corner? Would he be OK with coming off the bench ?

This new rule on being in a shooting motion to go to the free throw line is huge, it could be detrimental to players like lebron, Durant and wade who have relied on creating contact before shooting and using there supior strength to bully up a shot after contact. This rule is going to change the NBA and its superstars, I love it, also love that they are letting a little hand checking take place .

Lebron went to the free throw line one time and wade went zero times Holy S H I T again this rule is going to change the NBA for good

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/30/2017  1:11 PM
fitzfarm wrote:First off last night or two nights ago was not a fluke its the start of KP realizing he is the best player on the floor and letting the game come to him. I knew once KP realized he cant be stopped and he lets the game come to him for easy buckets that he would become a top 3 superstar in the nba. We are seeing the addition by subtraction of melo right in front of our eyes, how we got a 25 year old rising star who perfectly compliments KP in kanter is huge kudos to Perry and company.

Do I want a declining star who only played with superstars to buy a few chips HECK NO. I don’t see how he can even be compared to Jordan is beyond me . He won with bosh and wade when all three were the best at there positions. Then he goes back to clevland and wins one with LOVE and Irving.

So that’s my personal feelings of LBJ, I do see his Playmaking ability having a huge plus on this team yea, how would lbj do as the second fiddle ? Would he imbrace KP or would he squawk in the corner? Would he be OK with coming off the bench ?

This new rule on being in a shooting motion to go to the free throw line is huge, it could be detrimental to players like lebron, Durant and wade who have relied on creating contact before shooting and using there supior strength to bully up a shot after contact. This rule is going to change the NBA and its superstars, I love it, also love that they are letting a little hand checking take place .

Lebron went to the free throw line one time and wade went zero times Holy S H I T again this rule is going to change the NBA for good

Addition by subtraction thing is definitely a THING. There is always a pecking order on a team, and KP was NEVER going to come into his own with Melo on the team. This is not a condemnation of Anthony...just fact.

You see KP doing much more moving without the ball...digging in for post position, AND BEING RECOGNIZED when he does it, and now we see him using screens and slashing across the lane for passes like a SF.

Much more movement with a purpose the last few games, and guys like Jack, Frank, and even Hardaway, yesterday, are looking for the open man.

Good to see. There will be bumps along the way, but the problem I had with the offense earlier in the year, a lack of movement and knowing what they are doing, seems to have disappeared recently.

Hope it keeps up.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/31/2017  9:32 AM
Yes, this is exactly what this team needs. A declining Lebron who will want to start his coaching/GM/Basketball Ops Prez career.

He had all the money in the world before and he wouldn't come to NYC, why now? We have one real player. You really think Lebron's up at night dreaming of playing with THJr and Nitti and Willy? Really?

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/31/2017  10:03 AM
EnySpree wrote:LeBron on the downside of his career would be perfect at small fwd with this group. I just wanna see Noah and LeBron hug it out

I want to see Noah back in Chicago after buyout.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
10/31/2017  10:12 AM
jrodmc wrote:Yes, this is exactly what this team needs. A declining Lebron who will want to start his coaching/GM/Basketball Ops Prez career.

He had all the money in the world before and he wouldn't come to NYC, why now? We have one real player. You really think Lebron's up at night dreaming of playing with THJr and Nitti and Willy? Really?

Two weeks ago this wouldnt have to come to my mind--yesterday--it comes to mind. If we added Lebron to this team now--tell me how good are they? Lerbon has 5 years left in that tank--he could win 3 chips here if we did it right.

RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
10/31/2017  11:49 AM
5 years? 3 years at best left at the top. gonna be sad day when he loses the crown
Can knicks now have legit chance at Lebron James ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy