[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Brooklyn visits
Author Thread
KEEPCAMBYNY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #86
USA
10/28/2017  6:34 AM
Hardaway ain't worth 71 mill with 71 mill in his pocket.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
AUTOADVERT
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

10/28/2017  6:34 AM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:
dacash wrote:ok guys forgive my total.ignorance but........ every one is talking about how high Frank's iq is because he passed the ball to lance with like a second in the shot clock and like 3 seconds left on the game . why was this a smart move?

It was a smart and cool gesture by Lance because the turnover from the shot clock expiring didnt end up on Frank's stat sheet. So instead of finishing the game with 4 TOs, he only finished with 3 thanks to Lance.

that's shsrs being explained to me lol nice move by lance t hope the commradarie continues . Frankie had me speaking French already
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/28/2017  9:47 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Frank's effect he had on our defense was astounding. He guarded and contested well vs every position. Excellent help defense. He honestly looked better than any rookie I've seen play overall. He showed signs of greatness people. I couldn't be more thrilled with what we saw. Of course he's learning and very young but there is so much potential. Thanks Phil.

Kanter is a beast. He can take a quick pull on some hard coaching (go JH) and come back beasting harder.

KP of course looks better and better.

Jack was just what we need right now.

I hope THJ can keep up his somewhat progress.

Have you watched any other NBA games this year? Simmons in Philly, Tatum in Boston. Come on with being such a homer. Frank showed some nice signs but better than ANY rookie this year? Are you related to Tommy Heinsohn by any chance?

LMAO!!! So True! Some of us need to relax a little....After 1 game FRank is the best rookie in the league and after 4 games, Hardaway is the worst player in the NBA...Its a marathon. Players are streaky so lets let the season play out....

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/28/2017  9:55 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Frank's effect he had on our defense was astounding. He guarded and contested well vs every position. Excellent help defense. He honestly looked better than any rookie I've seen play overall. He showed signs of greatness people. I couldn't be more thrilled with what we saw. Of course he's learning and very young but there is so much potential. Thanks Phil.

Kanter is a beast. He can take a quick pull on some hard coaching (go JH) and come back beasting harder.

Have you watched any other NBA games this year? Simmons in Philly, Tatum in Boston. Come on with being such a homer. Frank showed some nice signs but better than ANY rookie this year? Are you related to Tommy Heinsohn by any chance?

LMAO!!! So True! Some of us need to relax a little....After 1 game FRank is the best rookie in the league and after 4 games, Hardaway is the worst player in the NBA...Its a marathon. Players are streaky so lets let the season play out....

Agree. I LOVED Frank's performance last night. But I have yet to see him even consider a layup. I believe its a confidence issue. Whatever the reason, I hope Frank starts showing that part of his game, or developing it. I know its early, but its essential.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2017  10:03 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

dont remember anybody saying frank was the best rookie. People are simply saying he had a positive impact last night
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/28/2017  10:08 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

dont remember anybody saying frank was the best rookie. People are simply saying he had a positive impact last night

Yeah this is being overstated. The impact Ntilikina made was immediate and significant on both ends.

Jack looked much better too. I was surprised by how good he looked. If this continues that can help smooth the eventual transition to Ntilikina winning the starting job.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2017  10:10 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I think it was in response to the bolded. Here it is again.
He honestly looked better than any rookie I've seen play overall. He showed signs of greatness people.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/28/2017  10:27 AM
Can we all just agree upfront no matter how good or not so good Ntilikina looks this season he's still gonna have stuff he needs to work on...

...FOR THE NEXT 5 OR 6 YEARS!

StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  10:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I think it was in response to the bolded. Here it is again.
He honestly looked better than any rookie I've seen play overall. He showed signs of greatness people.
yes i saw that. I think he meant as a impact frank really gave us something we needed. Defensively and setting up teammates is something we lacked the previous 3 games
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/28/2017  10:42 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Think worth keeping on this team

Kanter/Willy
Porzingis
Dotson/McDermott
Lee/Baker
Frank

Look to trade/not in longterm plans

OQuinn
Thomas
Hardaway

I'm in the seemingly minority but I think Kanter is a good effective impact player.

I would rather have KOQ than Kanter. Much cheaper, good passer and much more of a complete player. He may have more trade value though.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  10:44 AM
Knickoftime wrote:Can we all just agree upfront no matter how good or not so good Ntilikina looks this season he's still gonna have stuff he needs to work on...

nobody said he was even close to a finished project. 5-6 ,years is a bit far fetched but i agree it will take at least a year just for him to get comfortable and probably another year to start getting to a higher level
meloshouldgo

10/28/2017  10:55 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Man Frankie is a fresh cup of water! Hands down one of the best defensive showings of any rookie this year. He has the real gifts of a pure pg, his ability to make his teammates better on both ends is special... I think sky is the limit for him, when was the last time we saw defense like that from our PG, I cant even remember!

This is why I am so excited about this kid. It's a very rare breed of basketball player that can pull that off. Real leaders, lead by example.

meloshouldgo

10/28/2017  10:57 AM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:
dacash wrote:ok guys forgive my total.ignorance but........ every one is talking about how high Frank's iq is because he passed the ball to lance with like a second in the shot clock and like 3 seconds left on the game . why was this a smart move?

It was a smart and cool gesture by Lance because the turnover from the shot clock expiring didnt end up on Frank's stat sheet. So instead of finishing the game with 4 TOs, he only finished with 3 thanks to Lance.

exactly

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/28/2017  11:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Agree. I LOVED Frank's performance last night. But I have yet to see him even consider a layup. I believe its a confidence issue. Whatever the reason, I hope Frank starts showing that part of his game, or developing it. I know its early, but its essential.

Confidence issue? It's called not forcing the issue. He pulled up when he needed too and he hit a nice floater over the defense when he needed. The kid only played 20 mins. You know, I recall one of our best playmakers in franchise history not being able to take it to the rim at will either. But he developed other moves that helped score in the paint and he was still able to effectively run the team. You remember that guy? Former rookie of the year and all-star? Not saying Frank's career will shape out like that guy, just that there's no 🍪 cutter way to find success in this league as point guard.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

10/28/2017  11:16 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Confidence issue? It's called not forcing the issue. He pulled up when he needed too and he hit a nice floater over the defense when he needed. The kid only played 20 mins. You know, I recall one of our best playmakers in franchise history not being able to take it to the rim at will either. But he developed other moves that helped score in the paint and he was still able to effectively run the team. You remember that guy? Former rookie of the year and all-star? Not saying Frank's career will shape out like that guy, just that there's no 🍪 cutter way to find success in this league as point guard.

I watched every game, and remember Mark Jackson being able to get to the rim with a sick dribble, spin move, among others. And the teardrop. Could even dunk for about 5 minutes, lol.

Several times in the game, Frank had the lane and hesitated, gave up the ball. A 19 year old, new to the NBA, USA, still not entirely comfortable with the speed of the NBA game. Who still isn't confident enough in his ability to get to the rim. You make it sound like its a slur. We knew this kid was raw, at least I did.

There is a cookie cutter way of getting better at driving to the rim, practice.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/28/2017  11:29 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I watched every game, and remember Mark Jackson being able to get to the rim with a sick dribble, spin move, among others. And the teardrop. Could even dunk for about 5 minutes, lol.

Several times in the game, Frank had the lane and hesitated, gave up the ball. A 19 year old, new to the NBA, USA, still not entirely comfortable with the speed of the NBA game. Who still isn't confident enough in his ability to get to the rim. You make it sound like its a slur. We knew this kid was raw, at least I did.

I watched nearly every game and remember Mark having to use the tear drop in the half court because he couldn't consistently get the rim or get any other type of shot off. The only time I remember him getting to the rim consistently was in transition with sputtering helicopter dunk move lol I'm not making it a slur, I'm just saying b in Derrick Rose off the dribble isn't a pre-requisite for being a good point guard. Frank has shown he can get into the paint of the PnR. In last night's game he pulled up when he needed to and he showed a nice tear drop in the end. I didn't see him as being nervous. He made the right move and took what the defense gave him.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2017  11:42 AM
meanwhile, this guy also had a very nice game:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/28/2017  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2017  11:48 AM
Knickoftime wrote:Can we all just agree upfront no matter how good or not so good Ntilikina looks this season he's still gonna have stuff he needs to work on...

Agreed!! Can we all just agree, up front, that EVERY player in the NBA will have "stuff to work on for the next 5 or 6 years"? So......

It was good to see the kid out there. First time seeing him live. He looked quick, composed and had good court sense. The first year will speak to him having the right tools to become a solid NBA player. As KP showed his first year. Was he worth an 8 pick? That won't be answered for years. But i liked what I saw last night. Good night for the Knicks.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler

10/28/2017  11:48 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I watched nearly every game and remember Mark having to use the tear drop in the half court because he couldn't consistently get the rim or get any other type of shot off. The only time I remember him getting to the rim consistently was in transition with sputtering helicopter dunk move lol I'm not making it a slur, I'm just saying b in Derrick Rose off the dribble isn't a pre-requisite for being a good point guard. Frank has shown he can get into the paint of the PnR. In last night's game he pulled up when he needed to and he showed a nice tear drop in the end. I didn't see him as being nervous. He made the right move and took what the defense gave him.

I believe you are selling Mark Jackson's ability to get to the rim, short. Not his strong suit, but he had some game there, more than Frank right now. Frank is more athletic as well, want to see him make the most of it.

I saw Frank more than once see the lane, pass up on the lane, and give up the ball. He made a motion once like he was going to drive, but reset and passed. He had some chances, still not comfortable enough to drive. Frank is 19, if he had that part of his game down, I believe we would have seen it by now, somewhere.

I dont believe Frank is waiting for the right moment to take it to the rim more. I believe he is working on getting to that moment where he can, comfortably.

A lot of our losses came from PGs who could not drive and dish, or drive at all. Ive seen more than enough evidence (on this team alone) that this needs to change. I want to see Frank being a part of that change, as soon as he is able.

OldFan
Member: #446
10/28/2017  11:55 AM
BigRedDog wrote:

I love the Heinsohn reference.

GameThread: Brooklyn visits

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy