[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Brooklyn visits
Author Thread
dacash
Posts: 20831
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 10/17/2006
Member: #1179

10/27/2017  10:29 PM
ok guys forgive my total.ignorance but........ every one is talking about how high Frank's iq is because he passed the ball to lance with like a second in the shot clock and like 3 seconds left on the game . why was this a smart move?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2017  10:34 PM
dacash wrote:ok guys forgive my total.ignorance but........ every one is talking about how high Frank's iq is because he passed the ball to lance with like a second in the shot clock and like 3 seconds left on the game . why was this a smart move?
Not sure. Watching Wolves/Thunder and the series since the game ended. Jeff always talks about Frank's iq. Tonight during the broadcast they talked about how Frank's teammates talked about his iq. Maybe that is where the chatter is from. Really nice to see Frank on the court tonight.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27107
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

10/27/2017  10:35 PM
dacash wrote:ok guys forgive my total.ignorance but........ every one is talking about how high Frank's iq is because he passed the ball to lance with like a second in the shot clock and like 3 seconds left on the game . why was this a smart move?

Wasn't paying attention at the time...but did Lance do it so Frank wouldn't get a turnover?

Neither here nor there...not even thinking about it, to be honest.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Posts: 46313
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/27/2017  10:39 PM
dacash wrote:ok guys forgive my total.ignorance but........ every one is talking about how high Frank's iq is because he passed the ball to lance with like a second in the shot clock and like 3 seconds left on the game . why was this a smart move?

THJr told him to hold ball and run clock out. Dude got just a bit nervous and passed. Just a nervous rookie thing.

Also this:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Zebo13
Posts: 20184
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/31/2017
Member: #6434
USA
10/27/2017  10:59 PM
Frank's effect he had on our defense was astounding. He guarded and contested well vs every position. Excellent help defense. He honestly looked better than any rookie I've seen play overall. He showed signs of greatness people. I couldn't be more thrilled with what we saw. Of course he's learning and very young but there is so much potential. Thanks Phil.

Kanter is a beast. He can take a quick pull on some hard coaching (go JH) and come back beasting harder.

KP of course looks better and better.

Jack was just what we need right now.

I hope THJ can keep up his somewhat progress.

martin
Posts: 46313
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/27/2017  11:00 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 46313
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/27/2017  11:05 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigRedDog
Posts: 21660
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 1/23/2004
Member: #569
10/27/2017  11:17 PM
Zebo13 wrote:Frank's effect he had on our defense was astounding. He guarded and contested well vs every position. Excellent help defense. He honestly looked better than any rookie I've seen play overall. He showed signs of greatness people. I couldn't be more thrilled with what we saw. Of course he's learning and very young but there is so much potential. Thanks Phil.

Kanter is a beast. He can take a quick pull on some hard coaching (go JH) and come back beasting harder.

KP of course looks better and better.

Jack was just what we need right now.

I hope THJ can keep up his somewhat progress.

Have you watched any other NBA games this year? Simmons in Philly, Tatum in Boston. Come on with being such a homer. Frank showed some nice signs but better than ANY rookie this year? Are you related to Tommy Heinsohn by any chance?

skoonix
Posts: 20048
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/31/2014
Member: #5909

10/27/2017  11:26 PM
Nice to get a win under the belt - LOVED that we smacked the Nets around! I knew KP would bounce back & he looks awesome. I still hate that Hardaway keeps getting major minutes even though his shot is still ice cold. But nice to see some solid D - hope they can keep it going with some consistency. Thrilled for the Rook - nice debut, kid!
BRIGGS
Posts: 49451
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
10/27/2017  11:32 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Taking off the rose colored glasses Frankie showed absolutely no ability, nor desire to penetrate. No question he needs to do this

Big red,give him time. He's 19 he's smart. He's going to learn to use angles and gaps. He has solid basketball iq and he played good d. Whatever way we want to look at it these young players will take 2-5 years to fully develop. I think he was a solid. Solid B tonight. It will be fun to watch him grow

fitzfarm
Posts: 23609
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2010
Member: #3285

10/27/2017  11:52 PM
Man Frankie is a fresh cup of water! Hands down one of the best defensive showings of any rookie this year. He has the real gifts of a pure pg, his ability to make his teammates better on both ends is special... I think sky is the limit for him, when was the last time we saw defense like that from our PG, I cant even remember!
Zebo13
Posts: 20184
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/31/2017
Member: #6434
USA
10/28/2017  12:01 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Frank's effect he had on our defense was astounding. He guarded and contested well vs every position. Excellent help defense. He honestly looked better than any rookie I've seen play overall. He showed signs of greatness people. I couldn't be more thrilled with what we saw. Of course he's learning and very young but there is so much potential. Thanks Phil.

Kanter is a beast. He can take a quick pull on some hard coaching (go JH) and come back beasting harder.

KP of course looks better and better.

Jack was just what we need right now.

I hope THJ can keep up his somewhat progress.

Have you watched any other NBA games this year? Simmons in Philly, Tatum in Boston. Come on with being such a homer. Frank showed some nice signs but better than ANY rookie this year? Are you related to Tommy Heinsohn by any chance?

Not counting Simmons! Hahaha, no I'm not, and I don't get the reference but it still cracked me up. Tatum has looked good, just a good scoring option like I thought he'd be. Not really anything too special IMO. The way Frank was so involved defensively and got our whole team turned up was really something special. What really amazed me was the little things that most people wouldn't notice. I look forward to seeing how he progresses playing with the starters and being more comfortable offensively. I'm telling you, we have something special. Everything we hoped for and more.

Zebo13
Posts: 20184
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/31/2017
Member: #6434
USA
10/28/2017  12:03 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Man Frankie is a fresh cup of water! Hands down one of the best defensive showings of any rookie this year. He has the real gifts of a pure pg, his ability to make his teammates better on both ends is special... I think sky is the limit for him, when was the last time we saw defense like that from our PG, I cant even remember!

I can't hardly remember any point guard, rookie or otherwise, have that kind of effect on a game defensively.

martin
Posts: 46313
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2017  12:04 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 46313
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2017  12:12 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KP4Life
Posts: 20114
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/16/2015
Member: #6117
USA
10/28/2017  1:23 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Man Frankie is a fresh cup of water! Hands down one of the best defensive showings of any rookie this year. He has the real gifts of a pure pg, his ability to make his teammates better on both ends is special... I think sky is the limit for him, when was the last time we saw defense like that from our PG, I cant even remember!

I can't hardly remember any point guard, rookie or otherwise, have that kind of effect on a game defensively.

Nah franks a bust didn't you guys remember? Lmao

Kemet
Posts: 20788
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

10/28/2017  1:44 AM
martin wrote:

Martin .... Great video !!!
To me, this was Frank Nitty first game vs NBA players .. In the 20 minute performance Frank showed to be a TOP-10 pick.

Gudris
Posts: 20584
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

10/28/2017  1:52 AM
martin wrote:

great iq and court vision

skoonix
Posts: 20048
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/31/2014
Member: #5909

10/28/2017  2:15 AM
LOVED seeing Carmelo try to make the big game tying shot in the final seconds and he CLUNKED it - Thunder lost. I can't
recall how many damn times he missed the big shot for us as a Knick.
KEEPCAMBYNY
Posts: 20256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/12/2001
Member: #86
USA
10/28/2017  6:19 AM
dacash wrote:ok guys forgive my total.ignorance but........ every one is talking about how high Frank's iq is because he passed the ball to lance with like a second in the shot clock and like 3 seconds left on the game . why was this a smart move?

It was a smart and cool gesture by Lance because the turnover from the shot clock expiring didnt end up on Frank's stat sheet. So instead of finishing the game with 4 TOs, he only finished with 3 thanks to Lance.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
GameThread: Brooklyn visits

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.