[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Best Rookie so far

Author Poll
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

I thought it would be fun tho see who everyone thinks is doing the best from the rookie class.
Ww spend a lout of time drooling, ranting and analyzing these kids to death. So how are they doing so far?

IMO - D'Aaron Fox had segregated bookmark from the flock in the early going.

3 votes
13.04%
Fox
5 votes
21.74%
Tatum
0 votes
0%
Jackson
0 votes
0%
Fultz
4 votes
17.39%
Ball
0 votes
0%
Monk
1 votes
4.35%
DSJr
2 votes
8.7%
Marakkanen
8 votes
34.78%
Simmons (he is a rookie, kinda)
0 votes
0%
Issac
0 votes
0%
Collins

Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0

10/26/2017  6:47 PM
Mods please edit the horrible typos, sorry its from my cell phone
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/26/2017  11:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  11:11 PM
Spelling looks good to me... Segregated bookmark looks like cool term....
Not "send clock" but still nice...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo

10/27/2017  6:49 AM
Fair enough
BRIGGS
Member: #303
10/27/2017  8:06 AM
Im more impressed by how many rookies are simply playing well. You dont even have guys like Jordan Bell Dillon Brooks D Bacon even listed and you may not have the best rookie on the list--Kuzma. There are many guys playing well. We have to get our guy with a 15-20 minute roll. Start the tank now--hey were only losing by 15 a game anyway?
RIP Crushalot😞
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
10/27/2017  9:14 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im more impressed by how many rookies are simply playing well. You dont even have guys like Jordan Bell Dillon Brooks D Bacon even listed and you may not have the best rookie on the list--Kuzma. There are many guys playing well. We have to get our guy with a 15-20 minute roll. Start the tank now--hey were only losing by 15 a game anyway?

No tank required.
This team is losing the games naturally in the process of reaching the goals set by organization leadership.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
blkexec
Member: #748
10/27/2017  9:22 AM
arkrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im more impressed by how many rookies are simply playing well. You dont even have guys like Jordan Bell Dillon Brooks D Bacon even listed and you may not have the best rookie on the list--Kuzma. There are many guys playing well. We have to get our guy with a 15-20 minute roll. Start the tank now--hey were only losing by 15 a game anyway?

No tank required.
This team is losing the games naturally in the process of reaching the goals set by organization leadership.

We put pressure on the coach......NY media puts pressure on the coach.....NY history puts pressure......u get the point.

Eventually Horny will get through his players....and they will learn the offense......and as soon as they start playing well, all the hate threads pop up saying.....We can't even tank well.

Hornacek is in win now mode. Latest article says Jeff will be coaching for his career today. So tanking doesn't exist in NY unless it's orchestrated by management.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/27/2017  9:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im more impressed by how many rookies are simply playing well. You dont even have guys like Jordan Bell Dillon Brooks D Bacon even listed and you may not have the best rookie on the list--Kuzma. There are many guys playing well.

It's a function of the current system and it's not good for the long term of the NBA.

You have max paid guys, and guys who are basically going to get the Super Max extensions. In some cases, the guy is a true franchise player. In other cases, a team will just need a guy to market around to keep tickets selling and to keep courtside seats sold and keep local advertising/number of national broadcasts level.

You have the trend of overloaded teams, even to the point of guys who could get the max taking a discount to get on a team more likely to win.

You have grossly overpaid guys, because teams with front offices just trying to save their jobs will have to try to do something, even if it's a bad long range decision.

Then you have the smallest class - Middle class players. Guys on their second contracts, who should be making about market scale for their production, but have become relative bargains because they drift in a sea of max guys and overpaid guys ( usually through positional value)

The net effect of this will be top heavy teams, and top heavy conferences. Meaning more playoff blowout sweeps, fewer actual playoff games, angry networks, and a toxic cycle of reduction of the cap and revenue in general.

Rookies are getting more burn now, more than ever, because they operate as COST CERTAINTY in a flawed and broken market structure. Many are on losing teams who have nothing else, so they get high usage. And others are on winning teams, where they can fit into a smaller role, focusing on their strengths for now, and the synergy in place is helping their current production.

Long term, the bubble has to pop here. Top heavy contracts are going to kill this game. The Jrue Holiday contract was really ugly. The team was backed into a corner ( to be fair, they backed themselves into it) and made the only decision the market had left for them, take back an overpaid and injured guy because of the relative other options, limited ones, out there. Shortening the deals doesn't help when the AAV spikes are climbing to get a reduction in overall years. What it will create are compromise "Challenge Trades" where a top heavy deal gone to crap, will be shipped for another top heavy deal gone to crap. The cap choking effect won't change though, just a couple of jerseys.

It's nice to see rookies do well, but it is a byproduct of a larger systematic dysfunction.

Widespread use of non-guaranteed contracts must become the norm. The league needs to shed the soft cap and become hard capped. It's a players league and frankly most of them are plain too stupid to understand how to handle that responsibly. When I was in the NFL, I can't even begin to imagine empowering the player corps there. Not everyone was dumb, but there sure was enough dumb to sink the league if you put car keys in the hands of children. It sucks to say the best overall system is one that reduces players to cannon fodder, but the deep end opposite effect is too brutal to the game itself. People anywhere, become a bunch of children, once you give them too much power. NGCs and a hard cap at least has a check and balance effect once you introduce Signing Bonuses and making those actual cap hit that spread out over the life of the entire contract.

Good to see young guys doing well. Hope Dotson and FrankN can join that party. But the NBA is headed down an ugly road here.

reub
Member: #6227

10/27/2017  11:20 AM
I was going to vote for Ntilikina but he wasn't on the list.
BRIGGS
Member: #303
10/27/2017  12:58 PM
reub wrote:I was going to vote for Ntilikina but he wasn't on the list.

This might be a fun night to watch Frank get game action. The nets go up and down--this will give Frank some opportunity in space.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2017  12:59 PM
WE should do this every two weeks!!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/27/2017  1:38 PM
Not voting yet since I have not been able to see all play yet but from what I have seen, I am impressed with how good this rookie class looks thus far.

BIG fan of Simmons and Tatum...DSjr looks like a baller as well. Also, impressed from what I've seen out of Ball and Marakkanen.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/27/2017  2:02 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Not voting yet since I have not been able to see all play yet but from what I have seen, I am impressed with how good this rookie class looks thus far.

BIG fan of Simmons and Tatum...DSjr looks like a baller as well. Also, impressed from what I've seen out of Ball and Marakkanen.

Don't forget Fox, who is making the Hill signing seem unnecessary.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo

10/27/2017  7:39 PM
Nalod wrote:WE should do this every two weeks!!

I am on it

meloshouldgo

10/27/2017  7:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:I was going to vote for Ntilikina but he wasn't on the list.

This might be a fun night to watch Frank get game action. The nets go up and down--this will give Frank some opportunity in space.

He isn't there because he hasn't played. He will be on the next iteration

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2017  10:52 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
WE should do this every two weeks!!

I am on it

Awesome. There was a former espn guy that started his own bball site and did a rookie ladder every week. It was the only reason to go to hs site. He had a public fight with Phil early on in Phil's tenure. I remember getting into it with him on twitter back wen I would defend Phil. Anyway, love the rookie rankings. Not sure anyone has a chance against Simmons and I have been super impressed with Tatum.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

10/28/2017  9:46 AM
Put our Frank on the damn list.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2017  11:02 PM
Simmons was amazing tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/28/2017  11:15 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Not voting yet since I have not been able to see all play yet but from what I have seen, I am impressed with how good this rookie class looks thus far.

Is he playing well? I haven't been able to catch a single Kings games yet.

Caseloads
Member: #41
10/29/2017  12:34 AM
mitchell beasted tonight.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2017  1:14 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is he playing well? I haven't been able to catch a single Kings games yet.

He's averaging 15 points and five assists in 27 minutes a game. He's looking good early on. Needs to get stronger, but man...he's a blur
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Best Rookie so far

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy