[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our true rebuilding will start...
Author Thread
nyk2017
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7538

10/25/2017  10:30 PM
when we trade Porzingis. Perry should go to him sometime this year and offer him max contract. If he hesitates or say no, I say we wait till the lottery positions are set and trade him to either Boston (for Tatum and 1st rd pick) or Philly (Fulz and 1st round pick). That way we will have 4 lottery picks from 2 straight drafts and true rebuilding process can begin. It makes the THJr bust and Noah bust more palatable. Boston or Philly can have a core of three proven great players that are young and we can have something to look forward to in 3 years. In 3 years both THJr and Noah's contract will be off the books and we can add veterans that will better fit with the young core.
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/25/2017  10:34 PM
nyk2017 wrote:when we trade Porzingis. Perry should go to him sometime this year and offer him max contract. If he hesitates or say no, I say we wait till the lottery positions are set and trade him to either Boston (for Tatum and 1st rd pick) or Philly (Fulz and 1st round pick). That way we will have 4 lottery picks from 2 straight drafts and true rebuilding process can begin. It makes the THJr bust and Noah bust more palatable. Boston or Philly can have a core of three proven great players that are young and we can have something to look forward to in 3 years. In 3 years both THJr and Noah's contract will be off the books and we can add veterans that will better fit with the young core.

By CBA rules he can't offer a max extension until June.

nyk2017
Member: #7538

10/25/2017  10:36 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:when we trade Porzingis. Perry should go to him sometime this year and offer him max contract. If he hesitates or say no, I say we wait till the lottery positions are set and trade him to either Boston (for Tatum and 1st rd pick) or Philly (Fulz and 1st round pick). That way we will have 4 lottery picks from 2 straight drafts and true rebuilding process can begin. It makes the THJr bust and Noah bust more palatable. Boston or Philly can have a core of three proven great players that are young and we can have something to look forward to in 3 years. In 3 years both THJr and Noah's contract will be off the books and we can add veterans that will better fit with the young core.

Well then offer in june and execute the plan.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/25/2017  10:49 PM
nyk2017 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Perry will almost certainly offer, and KP will almost certainly accept.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/25/2017  10:59 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Perry will almost certainly offer, and KP will almost certainly accept.

And worst case scenario if he wants out. He is gonna want it to be S&T so he can get all his money.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/25/2017  11:03 PM
But no we shouldn't trade KP. There are players who have had less success then him through their first couple of yrs only to become superstars in this league. We need to for once stick it out through the growing pains.

If Warriors traded Curry because he got injured to much... Magic are looking like fools for trading Oladipo...

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/26/2017  12:39 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:But no we shouldn't trade KP. There are players who have had less success then him through their first couple of yrs only to become superstars in this league. We need to for once stick it out through the growing pains.

If Warriors traded Curry because he got injured to much... Magic are looking like fools for trading Oladipo...

Of course we shouldn't. However, it depends on KP. To be exact, it depends on his brothers. KP is loyal to Knicks but does it matter? KP was loyal to Phil too, and said team should have used triangle from the start. And now where is Phil? What KP thinking does not matter. At the end he will do what his brothers want him to do. He is family-first obviously.

Perry is just a very small potato. He will do what he is told. Of course he will offer anything and everything KP (and his brothers) want. Before they sign anything, they will probably ask Mills to strengthen the team. If Mills says we have to tank a few years, then his brothers probably ask KP to skip a meeting or something larger. After all, what is the big deal? He did something wrong and we rewarded him, of course his brothers will do it again.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/26/2017  7:25 AM
mlby1215 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:But no we shouldn't trade KP. There are players who have had less success then him through their first couple of yrs only to become superstars in this league. We need to for once stick it out through the growing pains.

Of course we shouldn't. However, it depends on KP. To be exact, it depends on his brothers. KP is loyal to Knicks but does it matter? KP was loyal to Phil too, and said team should have used triangle from the start. And now where is Phil? What KP thinking does not matter. At the end he will do what his brothers want him to do. He is family-first obviously.

Perry is just a very small potato. He will do what he is told. Of course he will offer anything and everything KP (and his brothers) want. Before they sign anything, they will probably ask Mills to strengthen the team. If Mills says we have to tank a few years, then his brothers probably ask KP to skip a meeting or something larger. After all, what is the big deal? He did something wrong and we rewarded him, of course his brothers will do it again.

Been saying this for a while, it all comes down what your priorities and/or values are.
If you care more about star players you coddle them and let therm destroy any sense of "team" likeMelo did. Or if you care more about the team you let these so called stars go where they want to and continue to develop team first players. The chances off hitting unselfih superstar players are lower but not non existent that's why it needs patience and discipline.The Tim Duncans of the world are out there. As are the greek freaks and Steph Currys and Klay Thompsons.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/26/2017  8:36 AM
The problem isn't KP, the problem wasn't melo, the problem wasn't amare, the problem is we can never get more than one player playing at a high level.

You need 2 or 3 really good players playing together along with several role players like (THJ, JR types) in order to have success, and an above avg PG.

That's the problem with these retards we get in the FO, they get one all star type talent, and expect him to carry the team for 82 games because is either the best talent on the team or the highest paid. Then when they have a few bad games, he's flaws get picked alive.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2017  8:49 AM
knicks1248 wrote:The problem isn't KP, the problem wasn't melo, the problem wasn't amare, the problem is we can never get more than one player playing at a high level.

You need 2 or 3 really good players playing together along with several role players like (THJ, JR types) in order to have success, and an above avg PG.

That's the problem with these retards we get in the FO, they get one all star type talent, and expect him to carry the team for 82 games because is either the best talent on the team or the highest paid. Then when they have a few bad games, he's flaws get picked alive.

So what are you saying? Your stick up your ass is giving you pleasure?

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/26/2017  8:52 AM
If we are talking about getting some insight on KP's intentions, fair enough. But think we have some time before they need to have that conversation. If it's to give up on KP, absolutely not. Can't keep changing your franchise player without investing at least 3 ton5 years in that commitment.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/26/2017  9:01 AM
lets trade KP. Lets also try wanking with sandpaper. Both equally rewarding endeavors. Im sure.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/26/2017  9:13 AM
yes lets trade the one good chip we have because we really trust this management to make sound decisions going forward. gtfoh.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
10/26/2017  9:29 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The problem isn't KP, the problem wasn't melo, the problem wasn't amare, the problem is we can never get more than one player playing at a high level.

let me tell you how embarrassing the knicks are, and this just happen a few min ago

I'm at work and I forgot my password to a certain data base, so I had to call support to get it reset. One of my security questions was, who's your favorite basketball team. I told her the knicks, she said OH MY I haven't heard that name in so many yrs, she then said, aren't they called the bklyn nets now..i just busted out laughing cause she was dead serious. she said when she was a little girl her brothers use to watch the knicks, she said I haven't heard about them since ewing..embarrassing.

I only brought that up as a testament to just how bad we have been that non basketball fans don't even think the franchise exist. so me and you and all of us can go back and forth about whats the right approach to build a winner, but it doesn't matter much.

The bottom line is none of us control anything pertaining to the knicks, we just share our opinions with each other and none of it matters to anyone but us. who's right, who's wrong, who's neutral who really gives a fck.

we all just want a winning team by any means, because it's starting to feel like the CHICAGO CUBS. the last thing the lady said to me was, if the red sox and cubs won after a 100 yrs, there's hope..and we both laughed, and hu.

ES
fishmike
USA
10/26/2017  9:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

let me tell you how embarrassing the knicks are, and this just happen a few min ago

I'm at work and I forgot my password to a certain data base, so I had to call support to get it reset. One of my security questions was, who's your favorite basketball team. I told her the knicks, she said OH MY I haven't heard that name in so many yrs, she then said, aren't they called the bklyn nets now..i just busted out laughing cause she was dead serious. she said when she was a little girl her brothers use to watch the knicks, she said I haven't heard about them since ewing..embarrassing.

I only brought that up as a testament to just how bad we have been that non basketball fans don't even think the franchise exist. so me and you and all of us can go back and forth about whats the right approach to build a winner, but it doesn't matter much.

The bottom line is none of us control anything pertaining to the knicks, we just share our opinions with each other and none of it matters to anyone but us. who's right, who's wrong, who's neutral who really gives a fck.

we all just want a winning team by any means, because it's starting to feel like the CHICAGO CUBS. the last thing the lady said to me was, if the red sox and cubs won after a 100 yrs, there's hope..and we both laughed, and hu.

good to know your just as clueless at work as you are here.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2017  10:11 AM

The reason is we've never had a team that is attractive to top players. And the reason for that is that we overpay for most of the players on the roster and have no cap space/picks left.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2017  10:12 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

LOL. I don't think his example helps his argument either.
fishmike
USA
10/26/2017  10:36 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

The reason is we've never had a team that is attractive to top players. And the reason for that is that we overpay for most of the players on the roster and have no cap space/picks left.
exactly... last time we were this close to a young team we traded those guys for Melo.
knicks1248
10/26/2017  11:00 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

ok president trump

ES
knicks1248
10/26/2017  11:05 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

LOL. I don't think his example helps his argument either.

example of what?

that your opinion is better than mine..that you and everybody else has all the answers, and your going to make it happen, your going to have a meeting with dolan and mills and straighten this mess out.

Is anything we saying have any factor on what the knicks will do?

ES
Our true rebuilding will start...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy