Member: #6048

10/24/2017  9:58 PM
Good lord, this team is embarrassing.
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/24/2017  10:02 PM
fwk00 wrote:Good lord, this team is embarrassing.

Well it Phil's fault that this team can't play basketball.
Or at least Rambis

If not it must be the memory of having played the triangle last year

Anyway we can't win any games without Melo, so we will end the season 0-82

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/24/2017  10:03 PM
They actually tried to run it in the game, and failed miserably. Adios.
reub
Member: #6227

10/24/2017  10:05 PM

Haha! This thread made me laugh.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/24/2017  10:21 PM
Did somebody say triangle!!!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/25/2017  4:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  4:52 AM
The Triangle or Phil Jackson were never the main problem.
Phil made mistakes but he also drafted Porzingis, Willy and Frank (Give Frankie some time).

This team lacks balance. Mills and Perry have put together a team that has

no starting level PG
two starting level SGs (Lee, Hardaway).
three starting level Cs
no starting level SFs

That's not how you build a team to win games.

Say what you want about Phil, but the last two years it was clear who was the starter and who was not.

This team is extremely unbalanced

Noah, Kanter and Willy can all start at C
Hardaway and Lee can start at SG
McDermott is not a starting level SF
Sessions is a backup PG, starting at PG.

Nevermind that this is Porzingis' first season as the man, you now surround him with a very unbalanced roster. Jeff is also doing a pretty bad job in not recognizing the things he should be. I can see after a season of 25 points a night and losing too much, Porzingis ask for a trade at season's end. Quietly, so Knicks get value. I hope not, but KP strikes me as too competitive to be happy like Melo was in scoring 25 a game on bad teams.

The lone positive in this is that by mid-season we will have top 3 draft position, and that we will be unloading veterans in trade deadline deals for future assets, as well fully on board with giving Frank, Willy, Dotson minutes.

I'd like to see us close the season - the last 30 games or so with the following lineup

Willy
KP
McDermott
Dotson
Frank

Doesn't matter if the team goes 5-25. It's ok.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/25/2017  6:35 AM
I am ready to blame the pick-and-roll and 3pt very soon. Knicks tried! but it doesn't work!! 3pt is too outdated! passing is useless!! Of course GSW can play that way because they have KD and Curry!! Just like MJ, Kobe and Shaq!! Knicks has proved and will continue to prove how outdated and unless of every "winning" system.
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/25/2017  7:12 AM
It is just 3 games, lets wait until all star break :)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2017  7:13 AM
mlby1215 wrote:I am ready to blame the pick-and-roll and 3pt very soon. Knicks tried! but it doesn't work!! 3pt is too outdated! passing is useless!! Of course GSW can play that way because they have KD and Curry!! Just like MJ, Kobe and Shaq!! Knicks has proved and will continue to prove how outdated and unless of every "winning" system.

Actually, this is a great post!!!

GustavBahler

10/25/2017  7:47 PM
mlby1215 wrote:I am ready to blame the pick-and-roll and 3pt very soon. Knicks tried! but it doesn't work!! 3pt is too outdated! passing is useless!! Of course GSW can play that way because they have KD and Curry!! Just like MJ, Kobe and Shaq!! Knicks has proved and will continue to prove how outdated and unless of every "winning" system.

Please tell me when was the last time the Triangle has been run succesfully in this league as a system. The last time a team made it to the playoffs running the Triangle. Blame yourself for not paying attention.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2017  7:57 PM
I miss the triangle as much as I miss Isiah
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2017  8:03 PM
Honestly, I didn't see us properly execute the triangle enough to know if I miss it or not.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2017  9:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Please tell me when was the last time the Triangle has been run succesfully in this league as a system. The last time a team made it to the playoffs running the Triangle. Blame yourself for not paying attention.

The crazy thing is the Knicks NEVER truly ran the Triangle. Last year especially they mostly ran Spread PnR. It’s funny cuz even now what the Knicks run is closer to Triangle than last year! This offense needs some tweaking.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/26/2017  7:10 PM

Dont worry. You can watch it anytime you want. Just go on YouTube and search extinct basketball offenses used in the 1970's. A whole bunch of good black and white footage will come up.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
mlby1215

10/27/2017  2:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  4:51 AM
2011?

No offense, but tell me too when the team has failed with 3pt, fast pace, and pick-and-roll? Every year. Which bad team wanted or wants to play "slow"? They always say they emphasize defense or pace or 3pt or something something, but they didn't make it work. They suck, because the teams are bad, not because what they say or try.

There is a video trying to analyze some games of last season. We just did 5% of triangle on average every games. It was not surprised, as Jeff didn't know triangle.

I mean, it is very easy to blame on triangle because local media told you so. But which playoff team actually has used it? From the day Phil Jackson won his first champion to now (27 years?) , there is NONE. Twolf and Knicks tried to use it but they were very bad teams. No one knows if it works because no one uses it. The reason is beyond basketball. It is about business and politics. Alpha stars would not like it because it forces them to share the ball and lower their score, ans score is equal to money.

But again, we are the true detective of NBA. Everything we tried but failed, then that thing must be shi t. Somewhere, Kerr must be very relieved that we didn't try his "system", otherwise we would prove that he only won just because he has Curry, Green, KD and Klay. He only merely won 2 champs. It doesn't mean anything. Even 11 champs doesn't mean anything.

GustavBahler wrote:

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/27/2017  6:27 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:I miss the triangle as much as I miss Isiah

Well don’t you worry my friend:
http://liberty.wnba.com/isiah-thomas-president/

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler

10/27/2017  1:55 PM
Cant answer the question can you? Cant tell me the last time ANYONE was succesful running the Triangle as a system? The last time anyone not named Phil Jackson (with the inventor of the Triangle sitting right next to him) did anything in this league with it? Don't care how many times they ran it. Plenty of time was spent trying to get it down. Wasted time.

I can tell you the last time teams did all the things you cited, successfully. Its called the playoffs.

Give it up. The Triangle is gone, as Hofstra said, watch some old youtube videos if you get sentimental. Better than more crapola about a system that did absolutely nothing for this franchise.

mlby1215 wrote:2011?

No offense, but tell me too when the team has failed with 3pt, fast pace, and pick-and-roll? Every year. Which bad team wanted or wants to play "slow"? They always say they emphasize defense or pace or 3pt or something something, but they didn't make it work. They suck, because the teams are bad, not because what they say or try.

There is a video trying to analyze some games of last season. We just did 5% of triangle on average every games. It was not surprised, as Jeff didn't know triangle.

I mean, it is very easy to blame on triangle because local media told you so. But which playoff team actually has used it? From the day Phil Jackson won his first champion to now (27 years?) , there is NONE. Twolf and Knicks tried to use it but they were very bad teams. No one knows if it works because no one uses it. The reason is beyond basketball. It is about business and politics. Alpha stars would not like it because it forces them to share the ball and lower their score, ans score is equal to money.

But again, we are the true detective of NBA. Everything we tried but failed, then that thing must be shi t. Somewhere, Kerr must be very relieved that we didn't try his "system", otherwise we would prove that he only won just because he has Curry, Green, KD and Klay. He only merely won 2 champs. It doesn't mean anything. Even 11 champs doesn't mean anything.

GustavBahler wrote:

mlby1215

10/28/2017  6:59 AM
Did I say 2011?

And there was only two head coaches who actually ran it on their own, right? You can say only Phil Jackson doing it successfully or only Rambis doing it unsuccessfully. Which one do you want to take? Like it won it 11 champs times or it couldn't help some lottery teams to be good teams? Don't you think teams should never shoot 3pt again because bad teams shoot 3pts and failed?

Yeah, it wasted time. Hopefully we will never shoot 3pts again because it will not help us make to playoff and it will waste our time to play that way? Why run? you will lose. Why doing transaction defense? You still lose. Why pick-and-roll? You still can't make to playoff that way.

What system would help the team make to playoff in 14/15? People still want to find an excuse for the losing. There is a whole lot of reasons a team can lose and if you need to a reason, how about doing it starting from the players? or the coaches? or the environment? And maybe you should think about why it won 11 champs in 20 years? Our team was so bad and first thing you would think about is the system which actually had run many times successfully?

No one will run triangle, and as Phil is going to die and triangle will die with him. No one try to hold it up or something. But look it back, you really think triangle had hold the team back or the team didn't know how to do it?

50 years later. people will remember how the mysterious triangle system could not help that Knicks team getting back to playoff. Even though it won 11 champions with Phil Jackson.

Yeah, right?

I can understand your anger, but the failure is not related to triangle. It is just a way for the media to attack Knicks and/or Phil Jackson. Show some respect to the history of NBA. I do not think we will see another person who could win 11 champions in our lifetimes.

GustavBahler wrote:Cant answer the question can you? Cant tell me the last time ANYONE was succesful running the Triangle as a system? The last time anyone not named Phil Jackson (with the inventor of the Triangle sitting right next to him) did anything in this league with it? Don't care how many times they ran it. Plenty of time was spent trying to get it down. Wasted time.

I can tell you the last time teams did all the things you cited, successfully. Its called the playoffs.

Give it up. The Triangle is gone, as Hofstra said, watch some old youtube videos if you get sentimental. Better than more crapola about a system that did absolutely nothing for this franchise.

GustavBahler wrote:

GustavBahler

10/28/2017  9:39 AM
Sounded like a question, not an answer.

Only one man succesfully ran this sytem in the NBA. He had the inventor of this system as his wing man. None of the coach's on Jackson's tree could do anything with this system in today's NBA. The players didn't like it, the coach couldnt teach it, the assistant coach who had many years of this system under his belt couldnt teach it.

So when I keep hearing about a great system that absolutely no one can succesfully replicate, I wonder if posters like yourself are paying attention. Looking back when they should be looking forward. The Triangle as a system is dead and buried in the NBA. Get over it. The only thing that upsets me is still hearing about a system that is worthless in today's game. You can spend this season reliving the non-existent glory years of the Knicks and the Triangle if you want. Tired of talking about this subject. Its over, move on. Thats what Im doing.

mlby1215 wrote:Did I say 2011?

And there was only two head coaches who actually ran it on their own, right? You can say only Phil Jackson doing it successfully or only Rambis doing it unsuccessfully. Which one do you want to take? Like it won it 11 champs times or it couldn't help some lottery teams to be good teams? Don't you think teams should never shoot 3pt again because bad teams shoot 3pts and failed?

Yeah, it wasted time. Hopefully we will never shoot 3pts again because it will not help us make to playoff and it will waste our time to play that way? Why run? you will lose. Why doing transaction defense? You still lose. Why pick-and-roll? You still can't make to playoff that way.

What system would help the team make to playoff in 14/15? People still want to find an excuse for the losing. There is a whole lot of reasons a team can lose and if you need to a reason, how about doing it starting from the players? or the coaches? or the environment? And maybe you should think about why it won 11 champs in 20 years? Our team was so bad and first thing you would think about is the system which actually had run many times successfully?

No one will run triangle, and as Phil is going to die and triangle will die with him. No one try to hold it up or something. But look it back, you really think triangle had hold the team back or the team didn't know how to do it?

50 years later. people will remember how the mysterious triangle system could not help that Knicks team getting back to playoff. Even though it won 11 champions with Phil Jackson.

Yeah, right?

I can understand your anger, but the failure is not related to triangle. It is just a way for the media to attack Knicks and/or Phil Jackson. Show some respect to the history of NBA. I do not think we will see another person who could win 11 champions in our lifetimes.

GustavBahler wrote:Cant answer the question can you? Cant tell me the last time ANYONE was succesful running the Triangle as a system? The last time anyone not named Phil Jackson (with the inventor of the Triangle sitting right next to him) did anything in this league with it? Don't care how many times they ran it. Plenty of time was spent trying to get it down. Wasted time.

GustavBahler wrote:

reub
Member: #6227

10/28/2017  9:42 AM
Where can we get more triangle guards like Frank?
I miss the Triangle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy