[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Knicks visit Boston
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/25/2017  1:34 AM
nixluva wrote:This was evident all game! Guys standing and pointing! Bumping into each other! They looked LOST!

I can't stand Hornacek as a coach- like I said in the preseason he cannot seem to get his players to learn the basics of his system, each year he says 'oh we won't have time to learn all of it", or he doesn't bother doing anything defensively, and the players still don't get it. I don't know any other coach that is so incapable of the basics of coaching.

AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/25/2017  1:39 AM
MS wrote: Was there a reason for Kanter?

He was the only contract match on a team that had nothing else to trade off that Melo would accept waiving his NTC for so as to not go to a gutted roster.

He's a bad contract that bizarrely many here think is actually an asset. If he was an asset, then OKC would have traded him off long ago for an asset or assets, because they were trying to trade him pretty much from the time they handed him that mind boggling contract.

Eventually, Hornacek is going to have to come to terms with just putting his five best guys on the floor period, without regard to position. This team is not going to defend, it just won't, so why even try to have a traditional defensive structure. As screwy as it sounds, they are going to have to roll a jumbo lineup and put Kanter out on the wing. He's a defensive sieve anywhere you put him, but at least he's not in the last line of defense and his length out there will at least be disruptive to the passing lanes.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2017  2:27 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:This was evident all game! Guys standing and pointing! Bumping into each other! They looked LOST!

I can't stand Hornacek as a coach- like I said in the preseason he cannot seem to get his players to learn the basics of his system, each year he says 'oh we won't have time to learn all of it", or he doesn't bother doing anything defensively, and the players still don't get it. I don't know any other coach that is so incapable of the basics of coaching.

You have to wonder what KP thinks about this. He just played on his National team that executed at a pretty high level. He has to wonder what is wrong with this team that they can’t pick up basic basketball.

Brad Stevens totally out coached Jeff. He knew exactly what the Knicks run and had his players prepared. They knew the Knicks plays better than the Knicks. They blew up the Knicks plays consistently.

Caseloads
Member: #41
10/25/2017  2:55 AM
Will be a long season
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/25/2017  2:59 AM
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You have to wonder what KP thinks about this. He just played on his National team that executed at a pretty high level. He has to wonder what is wrong with this team that they can’t pick up basic basketball.

Brad Stevens totally out coached Jeff. He knew exactly what the Knicks run and had his players prepared. They knew the Knicks plays better than the Knicks. They blew up the Knicks plays consistently.

Yep, I'm not even concerned about losing a lot of games thus year (I'll be happy with a high draft pick), what bothers me is that if we keep Hornacek then it will be a year of wasted player development, I just don't trust him to put these young players on the right path

Clean
Member: #743
10/25/2017  3:04 AM

So we have players making millions to play basketball and they still don't do their jobs. The Knicks have beat the fan out of me. I have not watched 1 single second of Knicks basket ball from summer league to now. I have unfollowed all Knicks news people on social media because most of the Knicks news are negative and I rather be ignorant than let negativity ruin my day. I DVR the regular season games and if they lose I just delete it. If I need them to win to watch a game I don't think I will see many this season. I pretty much just check these forums to see how the young player are doing.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/25/2017  4:41 AM
Tough game for KP.
Usually struggles against Boston.
Stevens seems to know how to get to him.

I don't think it's a big deal we are 0-3.
This team needs to stay in the lottery and draft another KP level talent. Hopefully a wing or guard.

I think Willy, KP, Frank are all keepers. Give them time.
Tim is showing exactly why Phil Jackson traded him away. Mills made a mistake.
But Tim also knows how to score, and he'll have some bounce back games. Overall though, Tim's just an average starting level SG (Even though right now he's playing below that).

When Tim plays like himself (starting level SG), Willy gets more minutes, we can get some more chemistry and cohesion with the offense, I think things will look better on the court.

I've been prepared for a 60+ loss season. I just hope we develop Willy, Frank and Dotson along the way.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2017  7:52 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Tough game for KP.
Usually struggles against Boston.
Stevens seems to know how to get to him.

I don't think it's a big deal we are 0-3.
This team needs to stay in the lottery and draft another KP level talent. Hopefully a wing or guard.

I think Willy, KP, Frank are all keepers. Give them time.
Tim is showing exactly why Phil Jackson traded him away. Mills made a mistake.
But Tim also knows how to score, and he'll have some bounce back games. Overall though, Tim's just an average starting level SG (Even though right now he's playing below that).

When Tim plays like himself (starting level SG), Willy gets more minutes, we can get some more chemistry and cohesion with the offense, I think things will look better on the court.

I've been prepared for a 60+ loss season. I just hope we develop Willy, Frank and Dotson along the way.

Exactly. I'm sure we will win some games but its extremely important to grab another young talent in the draft. the other important key is to play willy frank and even Dotson as much as possible as the season goes on.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
10/25/2017  10:08 AM
Didn't you guys hear that THJ has had a hurt ankle that has been heavily taped but he wouldn't miss any game/practive time, trying to tough it out. Maybe he needs a couple days to get right. Kanter has been incredible on both sides of the ball. Been really improving his D every game. Their D was really good vs KP and they were allowed to play very aggressive because we didn't hit a 3 until about the 4th. Also other than a small stretch where the they made 7 straight mostly contested 3's while we missed everything, we actually played them pretty even. Jalen Brown is a mediocre 3 pt shooter and best and I don't think he missed. I think we should adjust our starting lineup and start with Lance when we play big athletic 3's. They put Horford at 4 when he's usually their 5.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/25/2017  10:15 AM
Clean wrote:

So we have players making millions to play basketball and they still don't do their jobs. The Knicks have beat the fan out of me. I have not watched 1 single second of Knicks basket ball from summer league to now. I have unfollowed all Knicks news people on social media because most of the Knicks news are negative and I rather be ignorant than let negativity ruin my day. I DVR the regular season games and if they lose I just delete it. If I need them to win to watch a game I don't think I will see many this season. I pretty much just check these forums to see how the young player are doing.

I feel that... i have had years in the past where I just mail it it. I've watched some of this season but if the players, coach, management, and ownership mail it in, **** that, I am not going to support that. I look at it as affecting their bottom line. People don't realize just by watching, just by following, you increase their revenue. It isn't just not buying hats or tickets. When you watch, when you consume, the Knicks get a higher advertisement rate.

Fuck this garbage. It's like an ex girlfriend that you ended the relationship on bad terms. Either you stew about it or you don't think about her. The former means she's still on your mind a little. Maybe she was great in the sack or some ****. The ones you don't think about? They're dead to you. Each season is a girlfriend. This year it isn't even November and these bitches are rapidly claiming space on the dead-to-me list. Not quite there yet but I'd rather watch NCAA and find the guy I want the Knicks to draft. But they'll likely **** that up too because they **** everything up

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/25/2017  10:19 AM
haha ex-gf analogy, I like it
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2017  10:24 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yep, I'm not even concerned about losing a lot of games thus year (I'll be happy with a high draft pick), what bothers me is that if we keep Hornacek then it will be a year of wasted player development, I just don't trust him to put these young players on the right path

fwiw thats why Perry is traveling with the team. He's made it a priority to know the players he should be equipped to see if this is a roster issue or a coaching issue.

Guard play again is hurting us. Frank and Baker were not available much of the preseason leaving us with Sessions and Jack who are not good.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/25/2017  10:37 AM
Tim Hardaway Jr

“We’re all out there just running like we don’t know what’s going on,’’ Hardaway said. “It can’t happen. It’s frustrating at the same time, but it’s still early in the season. We’ve just got to go to the drawing boards and get back to practice, just go out there knowing what we have to do offensively and defensively.”

YIKES!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2017  11:50 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
MS wrote: Was there a reason for Kanter?

He was the only contract match on a team that had nothing else to trade off that Melo would accept waiving his NTC for so as to not go to a gutted roster.

He's a bad contract that bizarrely many here think is actually an asset. If he was an asset, then OKC would have traded him off long ago for an asset or assets, because they were trying to trade him pretty much from the time they handed him that mind boggling contract.

Eventually, Hornacek is going to have to come to terms with just putting his five best guys on the floor period, without regard to position. This team is not going to defend, it just won't, so why even try to have a traditional defensive structure. As screwy as it sounds, they are going to have to roll a jumbo lineup and put Kanter out on the wing. He's a defensive sieve anywhere you put him, but at least he's not in the last line of defense and his length out there will at least be disruptive to the passing lanes.

What are you talking about? For starters, OKC didnt hand him that contract, Portland did. OKC matched. Have you watched? Challenging shots is not Kanter's game, it just isnt. But he is an absolute force inside on offense and especially on the glass. Even when he's not getting touches he bodies up well and vacuums up boards. Yes he's a black hole. But his shortcomings on defense are way overplayed. He's bad there, but he brings other things. Kanter isnt perfect but he is most definately an asset. Last night he could have carried KP's putrid night if we got any help from the guards.

Lack of passing and rim protection doesnt warm me to him long term, but the dude brings some firepower to the line up. If you have a good defensive team a guy like Kanter is great as he is one of the best rebounders around, and he scores at a ridic high EFF%

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub
Member: #6227

10/25/2017  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  7:57 PM
We should never start Hardaway and Lee at the same time. Neither of them can really defend small forwards well enough. Let one of them come off of the bench and start someone taller.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/25/2017  7:10 PM
I just want to see the young players get the most minutes throughout the season - I don't care if we win or lose. If at the halfway mark we are losing and THJR, KJanter and Sessions are getting more minutes than Frank, Dotson and Willy I will definitely start asking to fire Jeff. He has ONE job this season - develop the young players
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2017  7:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I just want to see the young players get the most minutes throughout the season - I don't care if we win or lose. If at the halfway mark we are losing and THJR, KJanter and Sessions are getting more minutes than Frank, Dotson and Willy I will definitely start asking to fire Jeff. He has ONE job this season - develop the young players
I haven't seen any player development yet. Last night everyone looked despondent. It was the third game of the season. Maybe they just put it behind them as a bad night but they already look like a team extremely frustrated. If this team comes out and lays an egg on Friday I think Jeff is gone before December.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2017  11:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Just watching the games it looks like THJr and McDermott don't know the plays.

NYKBocker
USA
10/26/2017  11:32 AM
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Horny has been out coached all 3 games.

NYKBocker
USA
10/26/2017  11:34 AM
reub wrote:We should never start Hardaway and Lee at the same time. Neither of them can really defend small forwards well enough. Let one of them come off of the bench and start someone taller.

Absolutely. Plus, THJr advantage is gone in the offensive end when a 3 is guarding him.

Gamethread: Knicks visit Boston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy