[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is what we hope Frank plays like by next year(or anything close to it)
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/24/2017  11:50 AM

Murray is 8 months older than Frank. I think he may be slightly taller(an inch or so) but has higher end to end speed right now. My hope is Frank goes up a notch physically and can move around the court like DEjounte does. Year 1 with the Spurs he got to watch and play a little--9 minutes a game.

When we see Frank starting to get 5-10 rebounds--well know where he is. To me a key to Franks success is being able to use his length in a material way--get up on the glass--use length and angles to create driving holes. Push the ball etc..

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/24/2017  11:59 AM
Frank averaged 2 rebounds a game in France which concerns me a bit, because he should have an advantage over some players with his wingspan. Frank has to rebound more, and drive more, if he wants to be a starter.

Will be happy when I see more of both. Of what little Ive seen of his game, to this point. Hope its tonight! (Need a prayer emoji)

BRIGGS
10/24/2017  12:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Frank averaged 2 rebounds a game in France which concerns me a bit, because he should have an advantage over some players with his wingspan. Frank has to rebound more, and drive more, if he wants to be a starter.

Will be happy when I see more of both. Of what little Ive seen of his game, to this point. Hope its tonight! (Need a prayer emoji)

Great PGs usually rebound very well. Youre exactly right--he was underwhelming in France rebounding the ball--hes got to watch film and practice floating to the boards. When the PG can take a rebound--look at how much his play can be improved. If he is 6-4 /6-5 with a true 7 foot wingspan---he has a responsibility to get 5-6 rebounds when he gets his chance.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2017  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  12:11 PM
Was my favorite guard coming out of college. I kept saying he was going to be the sleeper of the draft. The spurs just keep getting it right
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2017  12:10 PM
Frank can't penitrate.... so far his game is all step back jumpers. He only seems drives if he's given a lane. He doesn't habe take moves going towards the basket. He's got to develop that. He plays alot like Calderon... The old Calderon. Young Calderon could get into the paint. Still got alot of basketball to play but he's got alot to work on as well.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/24/2017  12:10 PM

some of it depends on the system. The celts used to (and a certain degree still do) team rebound. wide loads like Sullinger, Glen Davis etc. would box out and let the feistier guards get the rebounds.

I would certainly be happy if Frank (or any of our guards) provided rebounding advantage. My first hope remains to be a guard who can defend well.

(5)(5)
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/24/2017  12:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Murray is 8 months older than Frank.

or...about 2 years older than Frank (20 months).

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2017  12:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:Still got alot of basketball to play

By "still got alot of basketball to play" you mean his entire career??

but he's got alot to work on as well.

19-year-old rookie a week into his first season?

Who'd a thunk it?

BRIGGS
10/24/2017  12:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:Frank can't penitrate.... so far his game is all step back jumpers. He only seems drives if he's given a lane. He doesn't habe take moves going towards the basket. He's got to develop that. He plays alot like Calderon... The old Calderon. Young Calderon could get into the paint. Still got alot of basketball to play but he's got alot to work on as well.

Darraon Fox is also close in age to Frank and also a rookie--but hes averaging 15-5-5 already

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/24/2017  12:32 PM
Andrew wrote:

9/9/96

7/28/98

More like 22 months...and 1 1/2 weeks from 23 months.

Briggs seems to be doing a Trump imitation re numbers.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
10/24/2017  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  12:38 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Andrew wrote:

9/9/96

7/28/98

Who cares? I read it briefly--I was trying to say theyre close in age and how Frank might come up in year 2--really??????

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

10/24/2017  12:37 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Andrew wrote:

9/9/96

7/28/98

He does like to emulate Trump's behavior.

WaltLongmire

10/24/2017  12:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Frank can't penitrate.... so far his game is all step back jumpers. He only seems drives if he's given a lane. He doesn't habe take moves going towards the basket. He's got to develop that. He plays alot like Calderon... The old Calderon. Young Calderon could get into the paint. Still got alot of basketball to play but he's got alot to work on as well.

Darraon Fox is also close in age to Frank and also a rookie--but hes averaging 15-5-5 already

Who got a chance to play in SL and pre-season and who is not injured?

Can't help yourself, can you Briggs. You lie about the first guy's age compared to our guy...and we also had no chance for Fox, did we?

The grass is always greener...

Withholding judgment can be a blessing, sometimes...especially talking about athletes who have not had a chance to get into a groove or find any sort of comfort zone. You would think that by now people would understand this.

Time will tell.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

10/24/2017  12:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Andrew wrote:

9/9/96

7/28/98

Who cares? I read it briefly--I was trying to say theyre close in age and how Frank might come up in year 2--really??????

Give me a break...you care because you made a point of bringing it up. It was in your first few words...why include it if you don't feel it is important.

Throw shyte into a fan and it's coming back at you.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/24/2017  12:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank averaged 2 rebounds a game in France which concerns me a bit, because he should have an advantage over some players with his wingspan. Frank has to rebound more, and drive more, if he wants to be a starter.

Great PGs usually rebound very well. Youre exactly right--he was underwhelming in France rebounding the ball--hes got to watch film and practice floating to the boards. When the PG can take a rebound--look at how much his play can be improved. If he is 6-4 /6-5 with a true 7 foot wingspan---he has a responsibility to get 5-6 rebounds when he gets his chance.

Kind of scratching my head how anyone can make an conclusions about rebounding with Frank given his circumstance.

At 18 and obviously a bit underdeveloped physically, playing in a league of grown men who would dominate all Div 1 teams, averaging 18 minutes a game, Frank got about 2 rebounds per game. Per 36 average of about 4+ rebounds per game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/euro/players/frank-ntilikina-1.html

Is 4+ rebounds per game good? Not good? average? for a PG?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
10/24/2017  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  12:49 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Who got a chance to play in SL and pre-season and who is not injured?

Can't help yourself, can you Briggs. You lie about the first guy's age compared to our guy...and we also had no chance for Fox, did we?

The grass is always greener...

Withholding judgment can be a blessing, sometimes...especially talking about athletes who have not had a chance to get into a groove or find any sort of comfort zone. You would think that by now people would understand this.

Time will tell.

You didnt even care to read the whole premise of what I wrote. First off lying is trying to deliberately deceive someone- I read it wrong?? and I was comparing and contrasting year 1 of 1 player and how frank might be in yaar 2??? Really the post was just about a contrast about two players with similar builds 1 in yr 1 1 in yr 2. Thats it. Youre taking it way way over board

Title of thread??? This is what we hope Frank plays like by next year(or anything close to it)

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/24/2017  1:17 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Kind of scratching my head how anyone can make an conclusions about rebounding with Frank given his circumstance.

At 18 and obviously a bit underdeveloped physically, playing in a league of grown men who would dominate all Div 1 teams, averaging 18 minutes a game, Frank got about 2 rebounds per game. Per 36 average of about 4+ rebounds per game.

Frank is young, athletic, with a long wingspan, and can go all out for those 18 minutes. Two rebounds doesnt really do much for me from a top ten pick. Not someone who is supposed to be our PG of the future.

Looks right now like Frank has the most work to do in the paint. Driving, and rebounding. This is what "raw" looks like. Not like we didnt know this when he was drafted. Pointing it out doesnt mean I dont believe he can improve, just that Frank has a lot of work to do.

BRIGGS
10/24/2017  1:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Frank is young, athletic, with a long wingspan, and can go all out for those 18 minutes. Two rebounds doesnt really do much for me from a top ten pick. Not someone who is supposed to be our PG of the future.

Looks right now like Frank has the most work to do in the paint. Driving, and rebounding. This is what "raw" looks like. Not like we didnt know this when he was drafted. Pointing it out doesnt mean I dont believe he can improve, just that Frank has a lot of work to do.

Rebounding from a 6-5 long wing spanned PG will mean a lot of things. My hope is that he is able to produce here when he gets a chance. Rebounding means he has a nose for the ball--knows how to use his body well--understands angles and is willing and able to be physical. Murray's play is EXACTLY what we want out of Frank by next year or even the year after. Everyone develops at their own speed--but this is the hope.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

10/24/2017  1:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Pointing it out doesnt mean I dont believe he can improve, just that Frank has a lot of work to do.

Whether it's KP, Willy, Baker, Ntilikina, every time I see someone post they have a lot to work on, my reaction is 'that's the whole idea.'

Seems like the given of all givens.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/24/2017  1:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  1:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Ricky Rubio, who is considered one of the better rebounding point guards in the league, averaged about 4.4 rebounds per game his rookie season. He was 21. He was at about 6 rebs per 36 last year. THJ averaged a little under 4 rebs per 36 last year. So yeah, I think Frank's rebounding number are fine for where he was at last year.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
This is what we hope Frank plays like by next year(or anything close to it)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy