Trading Willy
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/23/2017  5:42 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:You dump Willy for a guy like Bledsoe, who cannot lead a young and very talented roster, and not only do you have to put up with Bledsoe and lose Willy...

...but you will lose KP.

Sorry, but this is foolish, from a basketball standpoint and you risk alienating your franchise star. Makes no sense.

you think kp would prefers to win, or lose with is friend.

I think he wants to win more than anything, and the suns are not that talented at all, aside from booker and Bledsoe.

They just loss 2 games by 40 points each game, and the coach said he needs to see a little bit more effort..A LITTLE BIT>>>lol

The 'KP is going to leave narrative' is a new low for Knicks fans.

It's agenda driven.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

10/23/2017  7:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Rozier has been a trash player for two years so why trade for him based off a 3 game start of his 3rd year? Kanter and O'quinn could be gone next year and then you would be stuck without a good young center like Willy.

Far from a trash player. Willy is a trash player of you want to go there. He can't get playing time over KOQ and Kanter.... I don't believe that but if you can type ridiculous things so can i

My post was not ridiculous. Please tell me what Rozier has done up until this season. He has played like a G-league player. He is the type of player you can get with a late 2nd rd pick in next years draft.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/23/2017  7:59 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Rozier has been a trash player for two years so why trade for him based off a 3 game start of his 3rd year? Kanter and O'quinn could be gone next year and then you would be stuck without a good young center like Willy.

Far from a trash player. Willy is a trash player of you want to go there. He can't get playing time over KOQ and Kanter.... I don't believe that but if you can type ridiculous things so can i

My post was not ridiculous. Please tell me what Rozier has done up until this season. He has played like a G-league player. He is the type of player you can get with a late 2nd rd pick in next years draft.

You must really like Willy. Hopefully we don't trade him so we can spare your aching heart

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
yellowboy90

10/23/2017  9:06 PM
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

You must really like Willy. Hopefully we don't trade him so we can spare your aching heart

I do like Willy and think he needs time but understand a coach and F.O. pushing for Kanter and KOQ to get playing time early in the season. However, i wouldnt mind trading Willy for the right player or pkg. The problem is that Rozier isnt the right player.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/23/2017  9:15 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I do like Willy and think he needs time but understand a coach and F.O. pushing for Kanter and KOQ to get playing time early in the season. However, i wouldnt mind trading Willy for the right player or pkg. The problem is that Rozier isnt the right player.

Somebody has a man crush on Kanter but he can’t take us anywhere. Wily is younger, better boards, better defense, better upside clearly. Sure Kant Kant Kanter can fill it up but that it. Plus, he’s got a bloated contract. Hopefully they are showcasing him and can package him w Lee and lighten our payroll .

Anyway, let the trade deadline approach and we will see what shakes loose.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/23/2017  9:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:No we need to calm down.
I kind of dont get this organization.(ongoing)
How come a "good team" Memphis is playing Dillon Brooks big minutes(picked after dotson) while Dotson and Willy are nOT playing and were a supposed lottery team? We can use 4 guys at C-PF Willy can play back up 4 man for KP--HP doesnt need to play 38 minutes on this team?? C Lee is who C Lee is Sessions THJ all the same thing--give Dotson PT and see what he can do. And dont stone Willy out?

Yeah KP is playing way to many minutes. No reason to force feed him just to make an All Star team, he will get hurt
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/23/2017  10:11 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:You dump Willy for a guy like Bledsoe, who cannot lead a young and very talented roster, and not only do you have to put up with Bledsoe and lose Willy...

...but you will lose KP.

Sorry, but this is foolish, from a basketball standpoint and you risk alienating your franchise star. Makes no sense.

I think he wants to win more than anything, and the suns are not that talented at all, aside from booker and Bledsoe.

They just loss 2 games by 40 points each game, and the coach said he needs to see a little bit more effort..A LITTLE BIT>>>lol

I keep telling you this kid and his family are not motivated by money, he's a unicorn, he's cut from a different cloth. How many players (let alone his age) in the NBA skipped their Exit meeting.

You can hear it in his comments, and you can see how he was raised, this isn't some AAU kid. Regardless to that, the knicks won't keep a disgruntle player on their roster, no team will, which is why phil was ready to make a move to trade him.

He didn't want melo to go, but you see how quick he got over that.

It's not a new low, it a strong possibility

ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/23/2017  10:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:He didn't want melo to go, but you see how quick he got over that.

Exactly.

And you're worried in October 2017 what can't happen until July 2020. Until 244 more regular season games are played.

It's ridiculously alarmist.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/23/2017  11:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

...but you will lose KP.

It's agenda driven.

It is called sports politics. You see it on all teams...and if KP is our franchise player, it has to be taken into consideration, and KP has give hints that he is willing to leave.

If you guys can't see it, you are being myopic.

Besides...Bledsoe is not worth it...He's 28, now, with 3 truncated seasons. Why does he want to come to a rebuilding Knicks team...and why would we want a guy trying to get out of a rebuilding franchise like the Suns, who have a number of fine young players to come to the Knicks?

Willy is the poor man's Marc Gasol last year who surpasses our expectations, a supposed building block, and now we want to trade him for an injury prone player who can't hit 3's, has only 3 75+ game seasons in 7 years, and wants to leave what should be an exciting young team for a team which many on this forum complain about on a daily basis.

Yup...makes a lot of sense.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
yellowboy90

10/23/2017  11:42 PM
Paris907 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Somebody has a man crush on Kanter but he can’t take us anywhere. Wily is younger, better boards, better defense, better upside clearly. Sure Kant Kant Kanter can fill it up but that it. Plus, he’s got a bloated contract. Hopefully they are showcasing him and can package him w Lee and lighten our payroll .

Anyway, let the trade deadline approach and we will see what shakes loose.

Im glade the trade deadline was moved up so hopefully Willy can get the playing time he needs. Heck last year Denver was messing around with Jokic minutes to start the season and he had a much better rookie year than Willy. This is the business side of sports.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/24/2017  12:12 AM
Willy is more versatile than Kanter period. When he gains more weight and starts playing solid D, watch out league.
Kanter....he's not getting any better IMO.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/24/2017  8:00 AM
How come a "good team" Memphis is playing Dillon Brooks big minutes(picked after dotson) while Dotson and Willy are nOT playing and were a supposed lottery team? We can use 4 guys at C-PF Willy can play back up 4 man for KP--HP doesnt need to play 38 minutes on this team?? C Lee is who C Lee is Sessions THJ all the same thing--give Dotson PT and see what he can do. And dont stone Willy out?

team that is rebuilding needs to play everyone and find out who can play and who cannot play. Vets must understand that and play their roles accordingly. CLEE will get traded eventually I am sure. I like him but he needs to go to a team he can help. Same of Noah.

Right now, Kanter is new and he has shown some good stuff early in his career. KP is the franchise. KOQ and Willy need to back them up.

Dotson needs time as does Ntilikina. I am guessing that it will happen just maybe not fully until Dec-jan.

As for Bledsoe, I am not sure he is worth it. Attitude is in question #1. Not sure of his D, #2. we know he fits Jeff's offense, so that is a positive but he also takes up a lot of cap space and would hinder the process, IMO. So I guess I am against the move.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/24/2017  8:03 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

team that is rebuilding needs to play everyone and find out who can play and who cannot play. Vets must understand that and play their roles accordingly. CLEE will get traded eventually I am sure. I like him but he needs to go to a team he can help. Same of Noah.

Right now, Kanter is new and he has shown some good stuff early in his career. KP is the franchise. KOQ and Willy need to back them up.

Dotson needs time as does Ntilikina. I am guessing that it will happen just maybe not fully until Dec-jan.

As for Bledsoe, I am not sure he is worth it. Attitude is in question #1. Not sure of his D, #2. we know he fits Jeff's offense, so that is a positive but he also takes up a lot of cap space and would hinder the process, IMO. So I guess I am against the move.

Also Willy and KP need to play together a lot. Let's see what that duo can do. NOt trading Willy at this time. Too much promise.

FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

10/24/2017  9:38 AM
The only thing I hate more than trading draft picks is trading a quality player on a rookie contract. Willy has already shown he's competent in the NBA so the only way I'd trade him would be for a quality player on a similar contract at a position of need (probably a SF).
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2017  10:25 AM
FrenchFreak wrote:The only thing I hate more than trading draft picks is trading a quality player on a rookie contract. Willy has already shown he's competent in the NBA so the only way I'd trade him would be for a quality player on a similar contract at a position of need (probably a SF).

He's not even on a rookie (scale) contact. He's on a minimum 4-year contract, which is even more favorable.

Trading Willy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy