Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/23/2017  10:43 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:No we need to calm down.
I kind of dont get this organization.(ongoing)
How come a "good team" Memphis is playing Dillon Brooks big minutes(picked after dotson) while Dotson and Willy are nOT playing and were a supposed lottery team? We can use 4 guys at C-PF Willy can play back up 4 man for KP--HP doesnt need to play 38 minutes on this team?? C Lee is who C Lee is Sessions THJ all the same thing--give Dotson PT and see what he can do. And dont stone Willy out?

+1 million. Time to satisfy egos and justify contract $$ is gone. That's what we did somewhat with Melo. New culture needs some drastic changes.

Sounds good but the team has to get better. Our point guards suck. We have 4 servicable centers right now. We gotta move someone.... if we trade Willy for Rozier, Rozier would start for us right away and make us a better team. It's about team guys... Gotta put your personal affection for certain players aside. It's all aboot the Knicks, not one player. That's what we did with Melo too. We gotta stop that nonsense

it's not nonsense actually. i dont see Kanter in our long term plans and if that's the case, we should be moving him at any cost to clear logjam. that's why i think the approach to play willy is important. disgruntled kanter asks for a trade, someone takes him and his contract on, we get picks, i'd rather take that approach because short of an all star wing player, us becoming marginally better this year doesn't buy us anything.

if we had a higher pick last year....tatum could have been our pick, not frenchie frankie.

also what are you expecting to happen when noah comes back after 12 games? if this play of kanter is simply to showcase him for the first 12 games i am fine with it, but he does need to be traded to clear logjam, since no one's taking noah on.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/23/2017  12:22 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
How come a "good team" Memphis is playing Dillon Brooks big minutes(picked after dotson) while Dotson and Willy are nOT playing and were a supposed lottery team? We can use 4 guys at C-PF Willy can play back up 4 man for KP--HP doesnt need to play 38 minutes on this team?? C Lee is who C Lee is Sessions THJ all the same thing--give Dotson PT and see what he can do. And dont stone Willy out?

+1 million. Time to satisfy egos and justify contract $$ is gone. That's what we did somewhat with Melo. New culture needs some drastic changes.

Sounds good but the team has to get better. Our point guards suck. We have 4 servicable centers right now. We gotta move someone.... if we trade Willy for Rozier, Rozier would start for us right away and make us a better team. It's about team guys... Gotta put your personal affection for certain players aside. It's all aboot the Knicks, not one player. That's what we did with Melo too. We gotta stop that nonsense

it's not nonsense actually. i dont see Kanter in our long term plans and if that's the case, we should be moving him at any cost to clear logjam. that's why i think the approach to play willy is important. disgruntled kanter asks for a trade, someone takes him and his contract on, we get picks, i'd rather take that approach because short of an all star wing player, us becoming marginally better this year doesn't buy us anything.

if we had a higher pick last year....tatum could have been our pick, not frenchie frankie.

also what are you expecting to happen when noah comes back after 12 games? if this play of kanter is simply to showcase him for the first 12 games i am fine with it, but he does need to be traded to clear logjam, since no one's taking noah on.

Who is trading for Kanter? Thats what it comes down to. If you can identify a team that can use a center at his price point that gives us something good in return then you have an argument. I mentioned Dallas and Atlanta. Those teams have nothing that well help us. Bazemore for Kanter? Yuck

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/23/2017  12:37 PM
Rozier has been a trash player for two years so why trade for him based off a 3 game start of his 3rd year? Kanter and O'quinn could be gone next year and then you would be stuck without a good young center like Willy.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/23/2017  12:45 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Who is trading for Kanter? Thats what it comes down to. If you can identify a team that can use a center at his price point that gives us something good in return then you have an argument. I mentioned Dallas and Atlanta. Those teams have nothing that well help us. Bazemore for Kanter? Yuck

Spurs are very old up front. I think Portland has contracts they could mix and match but not many I like. Orlando has a need. There are def some teams out there. Question is are they good deals. Its possible the best deal is just letting Kanter walk at the end of the year and elevate Willy who has 2 more years after this at a rookie type scale.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/23/2017  1:09 PM
You dump Willy for a guy like Bledsoe, who cannot lead a young and very talented roster, and not only do you have to put up with Bledsoe and lose Willy...

...but you will lose KP.

Sorry, but this is foolish, from a basketball standpoint and you risk alienating your franchise star. Makes no sense.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/23/2017  1:09 PM
No, He makes pennies for the next couple of yrs and is only in his 2nd yr in the league and could develop into a pretty good player.

Dallas Mavericks are a good option for Kanter. Gives them leverage against Noel and adds talent without giving up to much. This is a 100% Cuban type of move. They kind of suck right now.

If im reading spotrac right they seem to have cap space available to eat his deal without having to match salaries.

Kanter & Lee for Mcroberts, Matthews, Harris & a future protected pick. Would clean up our cap for 19-20

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree

10/23/2017  1:28 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Rozier has been a trash player for two years so why trade for him based off a 3 game start of his 3rd year? Kanter and O'quinn could be gone next year and then you would be stuck without a good young center like Willy.

Far from a trash player. Willy is a trash player of you want to go there. He can't get playing time over KOQ and Kanter.... I don't believe that but if you can type ridiculous things so can i

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/23/2017  4:08 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:You dump Willy for a guy like Bledsoe, who cannot lead a young and very talented roster, and not only do you have to put up with Bledsoe and lose Willy...

...but you will lose KP.

Sorry, but this is foolish, from a basketball standpoint and you risk alienating your franchise star. Makes no sense.

Yeah, but dis b da Nix

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/23/2017  4:16 PM
It’s ameturish to trade Wily for Bledsoe when “no D” Kanter is $18 Mm and a unrestricted free agent year end. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0714207651705133915-4

Apparently Frank and Wily not for trade for Bledsoe. Yet given that Kanter will be 26 with a whopping salary if we can unload him for 27 year old Bledsoe it’s a coup!

Paris907
USA
10/23/2017  4:17 PM
I’d do Kanter for Smart in a heartbeat. He’s a bench player but a major contributor and guards 3-4 positions
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/23/2017  4:18 PM
Paris907 wrote:It’s ameturish to trade Wily for Bledsoe when “no D” Kanter is $18 Mm and a unrestricted free agent year end. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0714207651705133915-4

Apparently Frank and Wily not for trade for Bledsoe. Yet given that Kanter will be 26 with a whopping salary if we can unload him for 27 year old Bledsoe it’s a coup!

Kanter has $18.5M player option for next year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2017  4:23 PM
The Knicks cause this type of irritation for their fans--it's like a unique gift. There are 4 player spots for the 4-5 and Willy who was 1st team all rookie deserves his 15-20 minutes--on a team that doesnt even want to win???!! Because of our history Willy and Frank will be in every trade rumor. Instead of saying he didnt earn a spot--how about giving him 20 minutes and stating that hes our core? Its kind of hard to believe the latter if player is benched.
RIP Crushalot😞
Paris907
USA
10/23/2017  4:24 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:No reason to trade him right now at least. Right now his trade value isn't that high as it could be because he is being stapled to the bench(which is obviously am upset about)

I actually think his value is as high as its ever gonna be. Everyone sees his per 36 min stats. They see him in Eurobasketball. They know he's KPs boy. Right now he can get us Rozier who's a fantastic up and coming player himself. If Willy was playing now, I think his value would drop. Kid is the Frankenstein monster. Looks coordinated and good often but clumsy and stiff too.

Ainge screwed up by losing A Brady. He’s not gonna trade either Rozier or Smart but If he would I’d move Kanter in a New York minute to dump his contract and his lack of D. Ainge won’t bite.

Paris907
USA
10/23/2017  4:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:LOL

Seriously, I think he is better than 6th man but the men in front of him are doing well too. Hopefully, Willy can have a chance to prove he has what it takes to be a starting center.

EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Can't trade him. We are trying to build a future. He is our long term 6th man. O'quinn will be traded.

did you say long term 6th man?

Think is how can we worry about a 6th man when we don't have a legit small fwd or a point guard? We had be 4 servicable centers. 4 guys that could start if we needed them to. We can't say that at point guard or small forward.... We need to move someone to improve in other areas.

4 of them shouldn’t start. Ask yourself of the 4 - in 3 years— who can take you to the Eastern conf finals? Not Kanter, not Oq, not Noah. WILY ? not today but in 3 years hes got a chance.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/23/2017  4:30 PM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:No reason to trade him right now at least. Right now his trade value isn't that high as it could be because he is being stapled to the bench(which is obviously am upset about)

I actually think his value is as high as its ever gonna be. Everyone sees his per 36 min stats. They see him in Eurobasketball. They know he's KPs boy. Right now he can get us Rozier who's a fantastic up and coming player himself. If Willy was playing now, I think his value would drop. Kid is the Frankenstein monster. Looks coordinated and good often but clumsy and stiff too.

Ainge screwed up by losing A Brady. He’s not gonna trade either Rozier or Smart but If he would I’d move Kanter in a New York minute to dump his contract and his lack of D. Ainge won’t bite.

There's no Boston fit. For Kantner, Smart, Rozier and Brown doesn't even meet CBA requirements.

Kantner to Boston is a nonstarter. The pieces don't exist.

EnySpree

10/23/2017  5:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

There's no Boston fit. For Kantner, Smart, Rozier and Brown doesn't even meet CBA requirements.

Willy for Rozier does make sense though. Salaries alone match. Celtics have excess pgs... they need a center. The Knicks have excess centers... We need a point guard.

If we still wanted to trade Kanter we still could. KOQ and Noah are still on the roster

Knickoftime

10/23/2017  5:26 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Willy for Rozier does make sense though. Salaries alone match. Celtics have excess pgs... they need a center. The Knicks have excess centers... We need a point guard.

You basing this on three games?

EnySpree

10/23/2017  5:30 PM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:LOL

Seriously, I think he is better than 6th man but the men in front of him are doing well too. Hopefully, Willy can have a chance to prove he has what it takes to be a starting center.

EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Can't trade him. We are trying to build a future. He is our long term 6th man. O'quinn will be traded.

did you say long term 6th man?

Think is how can we worry about a 6th man when we don't have a legit small fwd or a point guard? We had be 4 servicable centers. 4 guys that could start if we needed them to. We can't say that at point guard or small forward.... We need to move someone to improve in other areas.

4 of them shouldn’t start. Ask yourself of the 4 - in 3 years— who can take you to the Eastern conf finals? Not Kanter, not Oq, not Noah. WILY ? not today but in 3 years hes got a chance.

We're going to the eastern conference finals? I just said we could start them if we needed to. We can afford to trade 2 of them. Willy can bring the most back for us.... We need a small fwd or a point guard. That's all that matters.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/23/2017  5:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  5:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:You dump Willy for a guy like Bledsoe, who cannot lead a young and very talented roster, and not only do you have to put up with Bledsoe and lose Willy...

...but you will lose KP.

you think kp would prefers to win, or lose with is friend.

I think he wants to win more than anything, and the suns are not that talented at all, aside from booker and Bledsoe.

They just loss 2 games by 40 points each game, and the coach said he needs to see a little bit more effort..A LITTLE BIT>>>lol

ES
Knickoftime

10/23/2017  5:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

...but you will lose KP.

you think kp would prefers to win, or lose with is friend.

I think he wants to win more than anything, and the suns are not that talented at all, aside from booker and Bledsoe.

They just loss 2 games by 40 points each game, and the coach said he needs to see a little bit more effort..A LITTLE BIT>>>lol

The 'KP is going to leave narrative' is a new low for Knicks fans.

Trading Willy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy