Eric Bledsoe wants out
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2017  3:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Decent scorer. Doesn't do much else. Typical kind of player who gets overrated and overpaid.

what do we have as a option?

I don't trust franks health, most guys come back from the type of injuries he gets in a couple of days, he's a couple wks

Ignorance breeds mistrust.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  3:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Decent scorer. Doesn't do much else. Typical kind of player who gets overrated and overpaid.

I don't trust franks health, most guys come back from the type of injuries he gets in a couple of days, he's a couple wks

The Knicks Training staff has a conservative approach to dealing with injuries and it’s paid off with a reduction in games lost due to injury! I’m sure they’re being even more cautious with Ntilikina! I prefer this approach to be honest.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/24/2017  3:45 PM
Markji wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Not much now as options. Giving up significant assets for Bledsoe takes our current situation, bumps us up a few meaningless wins (not even a lot), and makes the long-term situation worse.

Would you want Bledsoe if we didn't have to give up signifcant assets?

I wouldn’t, why stuff up our chances of a high pick? It’s the last year you can easily tank.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/24/2017  3:50 PM
Markji wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Not much now as options. Giving up significant assets for Bledsoe takes our current situation, bumps us up a few meaningless wins (not even a lot), and makes the long-term situation worse.

Possibly but I wouldn't want to give up anything of value for him. KOQ - I'd rather try to trade him for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. If we could send them Thomas and/or Courtney Lee and free up a year of salary, I'd do that.
Bonn1997
USA
10/24/2017  3:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Markji wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I wouldn’t, why stuff up our chances of a high pick? It’s the last year you can easily tank.

Yeah there's that issue too
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/24/2017  4:33 PM
Assuming Bledsoe did become a Knick, I could see his game complementing Frank's I'm the backcourt. But what would that do to THjr. He could play spot minutes at the three, but that's not long-term solution for a winning franchise. Wouldn't a Bledsoe trade cause the same problems we have at the center spot?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Bonn1997
USA
10/24/2017  4:49 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Assuming Bledsoe did become a Knick, I could see his game complementing Frank's I'm the backcourt. But what would that do to THjr. He could play spot minutes at the three, but that's not long-term solution for a winning franchise. Wouldn't a Bledsoe trade cause the same problems we have at the center spot?

There's 2 guards but only 1 center on the court. I don't think we're in danger of having too much guard talent.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2017  4:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Assuming Bledsoe did become a Knick, I could see his game complementing Frank's I'm the backcourt. But what would that do to THjr. He could play spot minutes at the three, but that's not long-term solution for a winning franchise. Wouldn't a Bledsoe trade cause the same problems we have at the center spot?
These days 4 guards are going to play a lot of minutes. Bledsoe, Lee, THjr and Frank are a nice group IMO. Figure guards are going to get 48(pg), 48(sg) and 24(sf, figure half the SF minutes are spent in a 3 guard set). Well thats 30 minutes per game for 4 guys. That even leaves room for Dotson or Baker if you slice it up more or go smaller more.

I think Bledsoe would really move the needle. Nice short term commitment. We continue to develop the young core but can do so while winning games. We still have our own picks and guys like Frank/Willy/Dotson/Baker/KP to continue to develop etc.

Keep looking for value and growth

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub
Member: #6227

10/24/2017  4:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
These days 4 guards are going to play a lot of minutes. Bledsoe, Lee, THjr and Frank are a nice group IMO. Figure guards are going to get 48(pg), 48(sg) and 24(sf, figure half the SF minutes are spent in a 3 guard set). Well thats 30 minutes per game for 4 guys. That even leaves room for Dotson or Baker if you slice it up more or go smaller more.

I think Bledsoe would really move the needle. Nice short term commitment. We continue to develop the young core but can do so while winning games. We still have our own picks and guys like Frank/Willy/Dotson/Baker/KP to continue to develop etc.

So far this year Baker's been better than all of them.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/24/2017  5:00 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

There's 2 guards but only 1 center on the court. I don't think we're in danger of having too much guard talent.

I'm assuming Frank develops. Right now we have a collection of combos and know real SF. I'm sure we could play THjr at SF, but don't think that's a winning proposition. He doesn't rebound or defend well enough at SF, and arguably SG, to play there long-term on a winning team. I think Bledsoe is better of the bench anyway. But I have hard time believing Bledsoe would be happy coming to this team as a bench player. No, it wouldn't be a real issue in the short-term, aside for the tank. But a year or two from now? Again, how would this move look. I'd be more excited if Bledsoe was a legit 3 and D combo forward.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/24/2017  5:00 PM
fishmike wrote:

yeah but the suns want youth, and willy and frank are the only ones available, and since the knicks got this thing were they wont trade a 1st rnd pick.

1)you either speed up the development process and trade a future pick for the right pg

2)keep going the way your going, which seems like a 10 yr process

ES
BigRedDog
Member: #569
10/24/2017  5:13 PM
reub wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Thats like saying getting a stomach virus is better than getting the flu. Breaking ur arm is better than breaking ur leg.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2017  5:26 PM
reub wrote:
fishmike wrote:

By "so far this year" you mean since Thursday?

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/24/2017  6:18 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:It's nice knowing there's a team more dysfunctional than us.

Rich Paul is his agent, who runs Klutch Sports for LeBron James. Never put anything totally stupid outside the range of Rich Paul and Maverick Carter, i.e. part of LBJ's Entourage.

Before LBJ signed with the Heat, he did his free agent tour. During one stop, in the middle of an actual presentation, with the teams owner and front office there, along with some local celebrities, LBJ and Paul were watching videos on a phone and talking over the people presenting and laughing it up.

He ended up angering, very badly, owners, GMs, front offices, agents and even some people in the NBAPA, because his "tour" when he already decided cost a lot of time for free agency, since no one would make a move until he made a "decision" first.

If you see Eric Bledsoe doing something stupid, it's because Rich Paul is just some hanger on who got the golden pin for being friends with LBJ.

LBJ also promised Gilbert that no matter what he decided, he would come to Gilbert and let Gilbert make the last offer/pitch to him. Which he didn't do, which incited Gilbert in that bizarre Comic Sans rage. Don't get me wrong, Gilbert is also a douchebag, but anything Klutch Sports touches is a giant mess.

Bledsoe has this year and next on his deal, pretty reasonable considering his skill set and his ability to play "positionless" basketball on the wing. His injury history is troubling, but the Suns could easily get a first rounder for him. Maybe a bit more. That extra year on his contract really changes the trade dynamic, he's not just a rental like Melo and Paul George.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/24/2017  6:30 PM
Do you guys really want Bledsoe as a Knick. I mean it says something that with him the Suns get blown out by 30+ points and without him they win. I don’t know man we really have to stop the BS that we do. You all know we are rebuilding and you want to add players that will stunt the rebuild.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/24/2017  6:51 PM
fishmike wrote:I would say no to Willy. He may or may not be a sound NBA defender but he can gobble boards, score, shoot and he's a great ball mover. He plays hard and sets bruising picks. He's the keeper to me. Only way he goes is in some kind of bigger package with Josh Jackson and zero chance Pho does that.

As it stands I would offer Kanter, choice of McD or Kuz and the Bull's pick. Maybe I take something else back to smooth #s. That would be my base. No Frank. No Willy. Kanter and Dotson? ok but no Bull's pick.

Bledsoe is really good and would really move the needle. We are not bad enough to get a top 3 pick. This would be a nice move forward and see how our guys play with some talent. Bledsoe has that. He can do a lot.

This I can get with, to his credit Bledsoe plays defense. I am still betty high on Dotson as well and would like to keep him. Bledsoe is a goid player but does nothing for us except making us mediocre.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/24/2017  7:40 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
fishmike wrote:I would say no to Willy. He may or may not be a sound NBA defender but he can gobble boards, score, shoot and he's a great ball mover. He plays hard and sets bruising picks. He's the keeper to me. Only way he goes is in some kind of bigger package with Josh Jackson and zero chance Pho does that.

As it stands I would offer Kanter, choice of McD or Kuz and the Bull's pick. Maybe I take something else back to smooth #s. That would be my base. No Frank. No Willy. Kanter and Dotson? ok but no Bull's pick.

Bledsoe is really good and would really move the needle. We are not bad enough to get a top 3 pick. This would be a nice move forward and see how our guys play with some talent. Bledsoe has that. He can do a lot.

This I can get with, to his credit Bledsoe plays defense. I am still betty high on Dotson as well and would like to keep him. Bledsoe is a goid player but does nothing for us except making us mediocre.

Yup. Gone are the days of the Knicks getting ripped off on every trade.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/24/2017  7:40 PM
Like the knicks with melo, the Suns loss their leverage with Bledsoe because he doesn't want to be there, and as of now they don't want him.

That's not their only problem, he's injury prone, and the pg position is pretty solidify on almost every team in the NBA except the KNICKs, Bucks, and Clippers, and the buck and clippers is far better than usalso, considering that the recent draft was PG heavy, you'll be hard press(like the knicks) to get a team to give up on a kid they just drafted. So far, none of these pg's look like a bust.

so what they will get (IF THIER LUCKY) is a decent vet role player and a future 1st rnd draft pick, which I would be more than happy to give them, ill even throw in willy, who can still resign with the knicks after next season

ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2017  10:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:ill even throw in willy, who can still resign with the knicks after next season

No.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/24/2017  10:52 PM
Only way we trade both Frank & Willy is if we get both Bledsoe & Josh Jackson. That you do in a heartbeat but doubt Suns would.
Eric Bledsoe wants out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy