Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/23/2017  10:29 PM
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:We need a PG badly.

Just drafted one.

Bledsoe isn't one.

We can dream about building from draft picks but that is very uncertain.

One more time - this is professional sports, EVERY way is uncertain.

KP will love playing with him and KP will grow so much faster and be much more satisfied. He doesn't want to tank. No professional athletic wants to tank. If you have played many sports you'll know that it gives a player great satisfaction to play hard and win.

KP can wait.

No. KP can't wait.

Why not?

Professional sports is uncertain. Agreed. So what makes you think that trading for a very good PG who is established is more uncertain than a 19 yr old PG who missed most of Summer League due to injury and has played a total of 7 1/2 minutes in 1 game; scored 0 points; 1 assist; 1 turnover; 2 personal fouls. And now again is injured. I do like Frank so I don't really want to put him down. He has a lot of potential and is a good kid. But Bledsoe has proven himself and has played at a high level for Hornacek when he coached Phoenix.

I don't prescribe to your theory that Porzingis is going to leave, so the entire two-year urgency your questions are based is irrelevant.

You're thinking short-term/appease KP, I'm thinking long-term/Knicks.

Bledsoe's situation now is a lot like our situation was with Melo. Bledsoe has to be traded and his value has been lowered because of that. Just like we didn't get great value for Melo, Phoenix won't get great value for Bledsoe. In trading for Bledsoe we can "Buy low"......or we don't buy at all. I do trust Perry to negotiate a good deal. We aren't going to sell the farm for Bledsoe.

If Perry can get him for spare parts and no picks, fine. Get him. But again if you're giving up something of potential long-term value because of some false premise about KP, then no.

AUTOADVERT
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
10/23/2017  10:37 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Just drafted one.

Bledsoe isn't one.

KP will love playing with him and KP will grow so much faster and be much more satisfied. He doesn't want to tank. No professional athletic wants to tank. If you have played many sports you'll know that it gives a player great satisfaction to play hard and win.

KP can wait.

No. KP can't wait.

Why not?

Professional sports is uncertain. Agreed. So what makes you think that trading for a very good PG who is established is more uncertain than a 19 yr old PG who missed most of Summer League due to injury and has played a total of 7 1/2 minutes in 1 game; scored 0 points; 1 assist; 1 turnover; 2 personal fouls. And now again is injured. I do like Frank so I don't really want to put him down. He has a lot of potential and is a good kid. But Bledsoe has proven himself and has played at a high level for Hornacek when he coached Phoenix.

I don't prescribe to your theory that Porzingis is going to leave, so the entire two-year urgency your questions are based is irrelevant.

Bledsoe's situation now is a lot like our situation was with Melo. Bledsoe has to be traded and his value has been lowered because of that. Just like we didn't get great value for Melo, Phoenix won't get great value for Bledsoe. In trading for Bledsoe we can "Buy low"......or we don't buy at all. I do trust Perry to negotiate a good deal. We aren't going to sell the farm for Bledsoe.

If Perry can get him for spare parts and no picks, fine. Get him. But again if you're giving up something of potential long-term value because of some false premise about KP, then no.

I never said KP was going to leave. But that doesn't mean that he wants to wait 2 or 3 years before the Knicks can field a team that can play some meaningful games......hold their own against good teams. He doesn't want to play to tank. That's all. Bledsoe, IMO, offers a better future for the team. Again, if acquired in a reasonable deal. Something we agree upon....i.e. reasonable deal.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Knickoftime

10/23/2017  10:45 PM
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Just drafted one.

Bledsoe isn't one.

KP can wait.

No. KP can't wait.

Why not?

I never said KP was going to leave. But that doesn't mean that he wants to wait 2 or 3 years before the Knicks can field a team that can play some meaningful games......hold their own against good teams. He doesn't want to play to tank. That's all.

And I'll say again, he can wait.

Bledsoe may be a surer thing, but he also costs $32m over 2 years and then would cost a LOT more after.

Since Bledsoe doesn't have a NTC and makes $10m less than Melo, I also don't expect Phoenix to take a filler deal back.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/24/2017  1:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  1:30 AM
Just very strange to me that we're targeting Eric Bledsoe now, 2 games into the season. I understand he's become available now but seriously, why? What does acquiring Bledsoe say about Frank N? If we wanted this type of player, why didn't we just draft Dennis Smith Jr.? That kid's the starting PG for the Dallas Mavericks after just one season of college. Frank can't even get on the court and when he does get back, the consensus thinking is that he shouldn't start and is a few years away from being a major contributor...Why did we not even bring DSJ in for a workout? Just some dinner with Phil and then based on that, it was mutually agreed there would be no workout?? This kid went one pick after us. We don't even do our diligence and work him out??? Now, just two games into the season, we're targeting an expensive 27-year-old version of the same exact player we passed on in the draft. I don't get it.. Someone help me out here..

Is Frank hurt worse than they're letting on? Are they concerned now that he's damaged goods or just not that good?? And you know what, quickly on Frank -- you can't convince me, no matter what they said to the contrary, that Mills was behind drafting Frank. Mills is obviously in favor of trying to bring Bledsoe here now and was once thought (pre Jackson) to be high on the idea of acquiring Darren Collison, another similar player... All this brings me back to the same question that's still gnawing at me -- why the hell did we allow Jackson to draft Frank Nitlikina if they were probably at least 75% sure at the time that he was gonna be relieved of his duties? None of this makes any sense to me at all. We had this same player in DSJ, younger and salary controlled for the foreseeable future. I'm sorry but the longer Frank can't get on the court, the longer I have to question their draft selection and what the hell they're doing.

stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

10/24/2017  2:04 AM
Be patient, we do not need Bledsoe. We have Frank.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/24/2017  2:13 AM
stopstandthere wrote:Be patient, we do not need Bledsoe. We have Frank.

Agreed. I don't want Bledsoe, esp. at the current asking price. I'm just curious why they want him all of a sudden and what that says about drafting Frank.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/24/2017  2:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  2:41 AM
Finestrg wrote:

Agreed. I don't want Bledsoe, esp. at the current asking price. I'm just curious why they want him all of a sudden and what that says about drafting Frank.

It tells me that the front office doesn't have a plan and is just throwing crap on the wall. Or maybe it's just due diligence. Nothing has happened, so it does not good to get worked up about it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/24/2017  4:35 AM
Please lord, do not let us trade for him. However I do find his abysmal cover story about the "don't want to be here" tweet hilarious:

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/24/2017  5:40 AM
It's nice knowing there's a team more dysfunctional than us. I agree with not trading Frankie and Willy for him. It would be officially conceding Frankie was a mistake. I don't think Bledsoe would get a early 1st rounder back now. I'll give them something like o'quinn, lee and a 2nd rounder.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/24/2017  7:23 AM
smackeddog wrote:Please lord, do not let us trade for him. However I do find his abysmal cover story about the "don't want to be here" tweet hilarious:

That is hilarouus. Bledsoe is OK. Nothing special. I wouldn't give up much for him.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/24/2017  7:55 AM
Finestrg wrote:

it says nothing Frank and Bledsoe can play together. Bledsoe would give the Knicks the finisher they lack. The problem is I really believe the Knicks need to tank away this season and Bledsoe makes them a legit 8th seed threat in a pitiful east. While I'm not a big believer in Frank I'm not sure I'd be willing to give him up for Bledsoe. I would do a restricted first
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
10/24/2017  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  8:54 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Just drafted one.

Bledsoe isn't one.

KP can wait.

No. KP can't wait.

Why not?

I never said KP was going to leave. But that doesn't mean that he wants to wait 2 or 3 years before the Knicks can field a team that can play some meaningful games......hold their own against good teams. He doesn't want to play to tank. That's all.

Bledsoe may be a surer thing, but he also costs $32m over 2 years and then would cost a LOT more after.

Since Bledsoe doesn't have a NTC and makes $10m less than Melo, I also don't expect Phoenix to take a filler deal back.

The one thing I don't understand in this thread. 1/2 the naysayers to trading for Bledsoe say that he has an injury history and may bomb out when/if we get him due to further injury. The other 1/2 of naysayers say what u just said (highlighted above).....that in 2 years we will have to pay Bledsoe "a lot more"! What that means to me is that Bledsoe would have played very well for us, meaning that we got a very good player that has helped the team a lot. What is wrong with that. Isn't this what we want?

And to repeat....As long as Perry makes a good deal in trading. Today he came out with the proper statements. That we want Bledsoe but Frank and Willie are off the table. This is called good negotiating. Phoenix had asked for both Frank and Willy in their initial offer. That is also good/smart negotiating. If a trade goes down for Bledsoe, the deal will be somewhere in the middle. Just depends on who blinks first, if indeed either side does.

But just like our situation with Melo, we had to trade him before camp started; Phoenix has to trade Bledsoe quickly so as to re-organize their team and move forward. Makes their position weaker.

Another observation - The entire Phoenix team had given up. It wasn't just Bledsoe. So perhaps Phoenix wants to shake things up and include or trade some other players so they can start fresh? This is just my opinion of what might happen. I don't really know until things start happening.

P.S. Bledsoe isn't owed $32 mil for 2 years as u stated above, but only $29.5 mil over 2 years. That translates to $14.5 mil this season and $15 mil next season. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix_suns/

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2017  9:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  9:38 AM
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Just drafted one.

Bledsoe isn't one.

KP can wait.

No. KP can't wait.

Why not?

The one thing I don't understand in this thread. 1/2 the naysayers to trading for Bledsoe say that he has an injury history and may bomb out when/if we get him due to further injury. The other 1/2 of naysayers say what u just said (highlighted above).....that in 2 years we will have to pay Bledsoe "a lot more"! What that means to me is that Bledsoe would have played very well for us, meaning that we got a very good player that has helped the team a lot. What is wrong with that. Isn't this what we want?

And to repeat....As long as Perry makes a good deal in trading. Today he came out with the proper statements. That we want Bledsoe but Frank and Willie are off the table. This is called good negotiating. Phoenix had asked for both Frank and Willy in their initial offer. That is also good/smart negotiating. If a trade goes down for Bledsoe, the deal will be somewhere in the middle. Just depends on who blinks first, if indeed either side does.

But just like our situation with Melo, we had to trade him before camp started; Phoenix has to trade Bledsoe quickly so as to re-organize their team and move forward. Makes their position weaker.

Another observation - The entire Phoenix team had given up. It wasn't just Bledsoe. So perhaps Phoenix wants to shake things up and include or trade some other players so they can start fresh? This is just my opinion of what might happen. I don't really know until things start happening.

P.S. Bledsoe isn't owed $32 mil for 2 years as u stated above, but only $29.5 mil over 2 years. That translates to $14.5 mil this season and $15 mil next season. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix_suns/

This!

I was coming in here to say the exact same thing.

Too much crying. We're roster building. We have to put the best team out there. We have to constantly chip away at the roster and get better. It's clear we need better talent in the back court. We should be actively pursuing Bledsoe without sacrificing the game plan of staying within the timeline. If we were to get a good deal for Bledsoe, you do it. If something else pops up you do that as well. Keep the ball rolling.

There's a thread taking about Miami.... who would have thought Miami would gave gotten Wade, Shaq, walker, white chocolate, and haslem in the finals an d win the championship? How the hell did that group get together in 3 years? Who would have thought they could win it all? It's all about opportunity and how you take advantage. There is a big picture here

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/24/2017  9:42 AM
I'm kinda ok trading both Frank & Willy. Frank might be a bust, and Willy doesn't play defense, and we have Kanter.

Kanter, KP & KOQ
THjr & Bledsoe - that is a potential 40 win team in the east, and I would go for it.

To make salaries match, though, I insist Phoenix takes Noah

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2017  9:57 AM
Everyone stand up, shake your hands and take a deep breath.
Nobody here speaks for the knick front office. Some of you are making shyt up.
Knicks inquired about Bledsoe. It is reported, they want willy and Frank. Of course they do.
Here is what we know, Kanter was never part of the big picture but he was want we got for Melo.
He is better today than Willy. He is young. Makes either of them expendible.

Before we freak out on MIlls and Perry, we don't know their answer. It could be "No, have a nice day".
It is only reported we inquired about him. I'd give them CLee and KOQ.

Perry has time. He is not under the gun. Knicks have a plan and only offers they can't refuse should take them off that plan.
Bledsoe wants out, but he is backing up saying he was at a hair salon an "didn't want to be here". Suns GM freaked out.
I don't know the truth there and I don't care.
I doubt there would be a billboard of Frank on a twenty story building if he was not seen as a future piece.

More questions than answers:

Is TJ warren a problem?
Is Bledsoe a problem?
Is Willy going to develop more?
Is Enes and KP new Buddy's?

Willy and KP are friends. KP can make new ones too!!

2 games in, relax. Rebuilding year and even if we win 10 games its not time to panic.
Those with Sticks up their ass after summerleague like the way it feels. If not they'd take them out.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2017  10:32 AM
I would say no to Willy. He may or may not be a sound NBA defender but he can gobble boards, score, shoot and he's a great ball mover. He plays hard and sets bruising picks. He's the keeper to me. Only way he goes is in some kind of bigger package with Josh Jackson and zero chance Pho does that.

As it stands I would offer Kanter, choice of McD or Kuz and the Bull's pick. Maybe I take something else back to smooth #s. That would be my base. No Frank. No Willy. Kanter and Dotson? ok but no Bull's pick.

Bledsoe is really good and would really move the needle. We are not bad enough to get a top 3 pick. This would be a nice move forward and see how our guys play with some talent. Bledsoe has that. He can do a lot.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/24/2017  10:51 AM
I would trade Kanter and some scraps for Bledsoe. It would resolve our logjam at center issues. But i agree with others that said he isn't anything special. I just looked at his similarity scores on basketball reference:

Player Sim 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Eric Bledsoe 7.0 5.3 4.1 3.7 2.5 0.3 0.2
Eric Murdock 92.3 7.2 6.1 4.3 4.1 2.5 0.6 0.3
Bobby Phills 91.9 7.1 5.0 4.0 3.5 3.2 -0.1 -0.1
Charlie Ward 91.6 7.1 5.5 3.9 3.6 3.1 1.0 -0.2
Craig Hodges 88.3 6.0 5.3 4.3 2.9 2.4 0.8 0.5
Mike James 88.3 7.6 5.2 4.3 2.8 1.8 0.3 0.0
Jim Cleamons 88.1 7.1 5.5 3.8 2.7 2.6 1.7 0.1
Larry Drew 87.8 7.2 4.6 3.6 3.0 2.8 0.1 0.0
Luke Ridnour 87.5 6.2 5.4 4.4 3.4 2.3 1.2 0.9
J.R. Smith 86.7 5.8 5.0 3.7 3.7 2.7 1.2 0.2
Travis Best 86.6 7.2 5.1 4.1 3.4 3.3 2.1 0.7

I'm not going nuts to trade for Charlie Ward. We originally signed JR Smith for peanuts. In truth, I would be against dealing Kanter if three of our better players didn't play the same position, and a 4th one coming who is signed to a huge deal. We can't pump up Noah's value if that logjam doesn't get addressed.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/24/2017  11:24 AM
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Markji wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Just drafted one.

Bledsoe isn't one.

KP can wait.

No. KP can't wait.

Why not?

Both can be an issue. We give up assets for Bledsoe then he gets injured a lot. Or we give up assets for Bledsoe he plays well and we have to overpay him to keep him while also having given up assets for him.

He would have to prove to be worth the assets given up for him as well as the money that we would have to pay him in order to not let those assets have gone to waste.

A better move is to stay pat. Get that high lotto pick. Make a small move to dump Lee for a shorter contract at some point. Stretch Noah in his final yr. Then sign a FA like Tobias Harris and another player out right.

We keep our high lotto pick, keep our assets, and add talent on top of that. If we are serious about being a contender then those are the principals we have to maintain. To many times we end up either going lateral or backwards because between the giving up of assets and giving away cap space. We limit our ability to progress.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime

10/24/2017  11:24 AM
Markji wrote:The other 1/2 of naysayers say what u just said (highlighted above).....that in 2 years we will have to pay Bledsoe "a lot more"! What that means to me is that Bledsoe would have played very well for us, meaning that we got a very good player that has helped the team a lot. What is wrong with that. Isn't this what we want?

Well for one, not necessarily. The NBA is a talent-starved league. Average players get paid a lot of money, that's just the way it is. If Bledsoe plays okay to pretty good, he'll still command a hefty raise at many years to retain him.

More specifically, another issue with Bledsoe is he isn't the 'true point guard' Knicks fans crave.

Bledsoe would be a upgrade, just not a game-changing one. He'd help the Knicks be just good enough to make it harder for them to take a risk on being great.

I already said I'd be more open if he came for NOTHING of potential future value, I just don't see that occurring. This is kind of pointless to debate. You seem to think of all the 29 teams in the NBA, the Knicks are somehow in an advantageous position to steal him for a song. I don't see it that way at all.

Knickoftime

10/24/2017  11:30 AM
EnySpree wrote:Too much crying.

By who about what?

We're roster building. We have to put the best team out there. We have to constantly chip away at the roster and get better. It's clear we need better talent in the back court. We should be actively pursuing Bledsoe without sacrificing the game plan of staying within the timeline. If we were to get a good deal for Bledsoe, you do it.

I don't get the sense there's much in the way of opposition to that. If the Knicks can get him while retaining Ntilikina, Hernangomez, and their 1st round draft picks, go for it. That just doesn't seem very likely and worthwhile to think about for too long.

Eric Bledsoe wants out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy