Knicks too good for top 3 pick
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/23/2017  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  11:35 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Our top players are obviously loaded on the front court but I do not see 5 teams with collectively better 4-5 combos. If we had good guards we’d be good now. The Pistons who I think improved were down 21 points— how many times were we up 21 in the last few years? Actually we were the team down and we came back a lot. We have an advantage in the midddle— it’s not a game based on the middle anymore but it’s still an efficient part of the game which should limit the downside. I’ve kind of done a lot of looking around and while we will lose— this will not be a top 4 lottery team

We have seen this too many times before for it to be something new to recognize. A couple of good players does not a good team make. In todays league you need a very good player at every position. You then need very good players on the second unit. You need a very good collective offense and defense (Takes 5 very good players). We have ONE very good player. The rest are average at best. Although I do think our players are much better than the ones we have had in the last 3 years, you can't call them fringe stars.

Of course a good guard would help. But we would need to get good above average players at every position. Kanter and Hardaway, although good, have not earned to be called good consistent above average NBA players. Imo. Can we keep out of bottom 3, maybe.

The negative is that weve spent 50mm$ the last two years on THJ Noah and Lee. Same guy helping call the shots--Steve Mills. Why is he employed by the Knicks? Half the cap on J Noah C Lee and THJ?

I have made this point many many times before. Mill is the constant yes man and sleazy corporate piranha. Well taught Ivy league business man. Don't trust him. I like Timmy but his contract made no sense. Specially the NTC. However it is what it is. Hopefully he can earn his keep. Not worried about Lee so much. His contract is not bad. Noah was horrible. Mills is Dolan's yes man. As long as he is around, Dolan is the one really running basketball decisions. Its hilarious when I see people saying Perry will change things. Have you seen him in press conferences with Mill's? Always looks at Mills, after answering a question, like a kid looking for approval from his father.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2017  11:52 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Our top players are obviously loaded on the front court but I do not see 5 teams with collectively better 4-5 combos. If we had good guards we’d be good now. The Pistons who I think improved were down 21 points— how many times were we up 21 in the last few years? Actually we were the team down and we came back a lot. We have an advantage in the midddle— it’s not a game based on the middle anymore but it’s still an efficient part of the game which should limit the downside. I’ve kind of done a lot of looking around and while we will lose— this will not be a top 4 lottery team

We have seen this too many times before for it to be something new to recognize. A couple of good players does not a good team make. In todays league you need a very good player at every position. You then need very good players on the second unit. You need a very good collective offense and defense (Takes 5 very good players). We have ONE very good player. The rest are average at best. Although I do think our players are much better than the ones we have had in the last 3 years, you can't call them fringe stars.

Of course a good guard would help. But we would need to get good above average players at every position. Kanter and Hardaway, although good, have not earned to be called good consistent above average NBA players. Imo. Can we keep out of bottom 3, maybe.

The negative is that weve spent 50mm$ the last two years on THJ Noah and Lee. Same guy helping call the shots--Steve Mills. Why is he employed by the Knicks? Half the cap on J Noah C Lee and THJ?

I have made this point many many times before. Mill is the constant yes man and sleazy corporate piranha. Well taught Ivy league business man. Don't trust him. I like Timmy but his contract made no sense. Specially the NTC. However it is what it is. Hopefully he can earn his keep. Not worried about Lee so much. His contract is not bad. Noah was horrible. Mills is Dolan's yes man. As long as he is around, Dolan is the one really running basketball decisions. Its hilarious when I see people saying Perry will change things. Have you seen him in press conferences with Mill's? Always looks at Mills, after answering a question, like a kid looking for approval from his father.

When it was Checkettes and grunfeld--really its wasnt one person getting blame or praise--it was two. Have to imagine that Steve Mills had major league input into Lee and Noah--he sat right next to Jackson. We have HALF 50% of our cap into --well a case could easily be made for 3 back ups.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/27/2017  11:35 PM
Go back and find the last Knicks team which had a 20 point lead twice in the first 4 games-- hint go back very far
RIP Crushalot😞
Knicks too good for top 3 pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy