[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks too good for top 3 pick
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
10/22/2017  1:31 PM
unfortunately, KP will break around game 40, be out for 20 games and knicks without KP are the worst team in the league.

THJr is @$S

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/22/2017  2:06 PM
Caseloads wrote:unfortunately, KP will break around game 40, be out for 20 games and knicks without KP are the worst team in the league.

THJr is @$S

GEEZ! Let’s hope not. I know what you mean about KP. He can’t carry the load for a full 82. Other guys have to step up.

THJ simply MUST step up and be the clear #2 option and play a MUCH more efficient game. That’s what he’s getting paid for!!! If he plays to his average the Knicks win the Pistons game.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/22/2017  2:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  2:33 PM
Long season Briggs —you never know how many games our key players will miss. Imagine this team with no KP for +20 games.

Outside of missed games I do tend to agree with you but if they also make some trades that could slow us down some as younger players learn on the job.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

10/22/2017  2:32 PM
Caseloads wrote:unfortunately, KP will break around game 40, be out for 20 games and knicks without KP are the worst team in the league.

THJr is @$S

Yeah.....KP will likely regress as season drags on and injury will be a big concern.

I think Hardaway will be fine...especially if we get a PG and he just needs to slow/settle down...he is rushing everything. He also needs to keep attacking the rim and not settle for long ball.

awe1028
Member: #2780

10/22/2017  3:34 PM
Why the hand wringing about how good the Knicks will be. It was already known the knicks were not going to be very good - after all it is a rebuilding year. This year is not about wins and losses it's actually about losses - as in how many losses to get the highest possible pick in the draft.

This year is also about evaluation - evaluation of the players who the Knicks should keep as the rebuild progresses. There are five players who have a chance to be major contributors in the future - KP, Frank, Kanter, Willie, THJR and DD. The rest are either bench players O'Quinn,Baker, Kuzminskas, Mcbuckets etc.) or fodder for trade or release(CLee, Beas,Sessions, Jack etc). I know it is only 2 games but lets evaulate what has been seen so far.

KP: KP needed to be evaluated to see if he can be the go to guy on this team. In these two games he has answered the questions and quite impressively.

Kanter: IMHO he has also lived up to his billing. Solid against OKC and completely dominant against Detroit and Drummond. IMHO looks
to have very good chemistry with KP (Very important moving forward).

THJR: not good thus far. Not more to say

Willie: Incomplete Has not played probably due to logjam at center

Frank: Also Incomplete. Frank has definitely been frustrating as he has been unable to play The good: the disappointment is not due to poor performance and he still has plenty of time to prove himself.

DD: Also has not played much. Low man on the totem pole so will not see much time in the beginning.

Mcbuckets: Meh but he is only a bench player so..........

My overall take away - keeping in mind its been only 2 games.

It seems that unlike many of you I am very happy with what I have seen so far.

KP and Kanter have each played very well and most importantly look very good together

Frank is the biggest FRUSTRATION (not disappointment) because he is such a key component of the future and he has not been able to play However there are 80 game left plenty of time to show what he has got.

The rest of the guys have not played but also plenty of time left

Overall I like what I have seen thus far.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/22/2017  4:30 PM
nixluva wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:
wargames wrote:....... no we're going to be bad

Knicks are not as bad as some think. It’s clear that any improvement at Guard would result in wins. There’s a long 80 games to go but it’s not unreasonable to imagine this team being able to improve at the guard spots.

Some of the problem is tactical. They need to be more aggressive using PnR/Drag Screens so our Guards can get more penetration and great angles and open shooters or scoring at the rim.

Solving poor 3rd quarters is a coaching issue IMO. GOTTA change the approach to how they come out for 3rd quarters!!!

Dude you were talking about how the Knicks would fight for wins and blah blah blah in September... You're the one whose crystal ball is broken, not the other way around

FOH! You watched the Knicks and think I was wrong about them fighting for wins? How the F is my “crystal ball” broken? Take your SALTY ASS out of here. The Knicks played hard but not always well offensively in particular. NOTHING I talked about has been disproven so far after 2 games!

You just want to attack me with your negative BS! What did I say above that calls for your Bytch Ass attack? All I wrote was what happened in the game and what they need to improve in order to win.

Can’t stand MF’ers like you with TRASH posts like this. Post some actual argument. Put some work into your post rather than just personally attack me without any counter point. Do better or don’t comment at all.

Dude you are always more optimistic than what bears out...maybe not broken but miscalibrated at least.

reub
Member: #6227

10/22/2017  5:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Our top players are obviously loaded on the front court but I do not see 5 teams with collectively better 4-5 combos. If we had good guards we’d be good now. The Pistons who I think improved were down 21 points— how many times were we up 21 in the last few years? Actually we were the team down and we came back a lot. We have an advantage in the midddle— it’s not a game based on the middle anymore but it’s still an efficient part of the game which should limit the downside. I’ve kind of done a lot of looking around and while we will lose— this will not be a top 4 lottery team

Briggs, I envision us finishing with about the 10th worst record. Who is on your radar in terms of drafting in that range so far?

nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  5:47 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:
wargames wrote:....... no we're going to be bad

Knicks are not as bad as some think. It’s clear that any improvement at Guard would result in wins. There’s a long 80 games to go but it’s not unreasonable to imagine this team being able to improve at the guard spots.

Some of the problem is tactical. They need to be more aggressive using PnR/Drag Screens so our Guards can get more penetration and great angles and open shooters or scoring at the rim.

Solving poor 3rd quarters is a coaching issue IMO. GOTTA change the approach to how they come out for 3rd quarters!!!

Dude you were talking about how the Knicks would fight for wins and blah blah blah in September... You're the one whose crystal ball is broken, not the other way around

FOH! You watched the Knicks and think I was wrong about them fighting for wins? How the F is my “crystal ball” broken? Take your SALTY ASS out of here. The Knicks played hard but not always well offensively in particular. NOTHING I talked about has been disproven so far after 2 games!

You just want to attack me with your negative BS! What did I say above that calls for your Bytch Ass attack? All I wrote was what happened in the game and what they need to improve in order to win.

Can’t stand MF’ers like you with TRASH posts like this. Post some actual argument. Put some work into your post rather than just personally attack me without any counter point. Do better or don’t comment at all.

Dude you are always more optimistic than what bears out...maybe not broken but miscalibrated at least.

2 Games in and already you want to start with this? Knicks were leading by double digits last game and had a chance to win. That doesn’t discredit what I said about the Knicks fighting for wins this season.

It’s pretty well established that I take a positive outlook. My contention is that this team has an opportunity to do what Miami did last year, which is overachieve relative to their predicted win total. Every year mediocre teams have that opportunity since much of the league is relatively close in talent except for the Elite teams! Miami did it! Why not New York?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/22/2017  9:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Our top players are obviously loaded on the front court but I do not see 5 teams with collectively better 4-5 combos. If we had good guards we’d be good now. The Pistons who I think improved were down 21 points— how many times were we up 21 in the last few years? Actually we were the team down and we came back a lot. We have an advantage in the midddle— it’s not a game based on the middle anymore but it’s still an efficient part of the game which should limit the downside. I’ve kind of done a lot of looking around and while we will lose— this will not be a top 4 lottery team

Thats a really bad thing this team needs to get another high pick. Adding another long shot talent isnt helping the rebuild
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/22/2017  9:53 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I don't know Briggs.
I think the Knicks don't have a closer unless Tim gets much better.

Bigs like KP/Kanter will make us a load to deal with. We'll score. When it comes down to closing games, you need a guard or wing that can get the ball at the top of the arc or wing and create. Off pick and rolls or isolations. When the opposing defense is locked in. This is where we don't have anyone. It was supposed to be Tim, but I don't see Tim being that consistent guy ever. If we had a player that could be that guy, we would likely be too good to be a top 3 drafting team.

Some teams lack that player but are good teams because they have exceptional defense. This won't be us. We won't be lockdown in the 4th quarters.

As it is, I think we'll be close to 20 wins at most. This is not a team that will be able to close many games. Tim will have his nights, sometime KP will do something special like have a 40 point game. However without an all-star wing or point, forget about closing games. We've got something with Kanter/KP though. I think those two can be built around, especially if Willy comes in and plays like he did last year, that 3 man rotation at the power spots is something most teams can't deal with.

Good point about the closer and your right. The Knicks rolled the dice that Hardaway could grow into that role. I think the first half will be an unmitigated disaster. However after the All Star break I see the team getting better could finish the last 23 over or around .500

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/22/2017  10:07 PM
Other than Phoenix and Chicago, there ins't another team that we can say with certainty that we are better than...Are we better than the Mavs and Hawks? We will compete for bottom 5...
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  10:16 PM
Uptown wrote:Other than Phoenix and Chicago, there ins't another team that we can say with certainty that we are better than...Are we better than the Mavs and Hawks? We will compete for bottom 5...

The Knicks still have a lot of upside. We have players who are capable of getting their game going but that have started off slowly so far. We still have players who haven’t even played yet.

I’m betting this Knicks team gets hot at some point and puts a good stretch together. The Knicks have quite a few players that have good 3pt shooting historically and due to eventually shoot as they have in their careers so far.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2017  1:14 AM
reub wrote:

Briggs, I envision us finishing with about the 10th worst record. Who is on your radar in terms of drafting in that range so far?

Almost impossible to think about that at 10. There is a guard I really like but I think getting to watch a couple of months of CBB will help answer this. Skill and heart over athleticism but would take all 3.

RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
10/23/2017  2:00 AM
reub wrote:

We will be top 7 worst, at best!
Caseloads
10/23/2017  2:01 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Thats a really bad thing this team needs to get another high pick. Adding another long shot talent isnt helping the rebuild

High pick, here we come!
Caseloads
10/23/2017  2:01 AM
Uptown wrote:Other than Phoenix and Chicago, there ins't another team that we can say with certainty that we are better than...Are we better than the Mavs and Hawks? We will compete for bottom 5...

So true.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/23/2017  8:09 AM
Trust.... the... process... another 80 games hoping to be rewarded with another unicorn...

KP gets hurt, 16 wins, here we come!

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/23/2017  9:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  9:16 AM

We have seen this too many times before for it to be something new to recognize. A couple of good players does not a good team make. In todays league you need a very good player at every position. You then need very good players on the second unit. You need a very good collective offense and defense (Takes 5 very good players). We have ONE very good player. The rest are average at best. Although I do think our players are much better than the ones we have had in the last 3 years, you can't call them fringe stars.

Of course a good guard would help. But we would need to get good above average players at every position. Kanter and Hardaway, although good, have not earned to be called good consistent above average NBA players. Imo. Can we keep out of bottom 3, maybe.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/23/2017  10:23 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

We have seen this too many times before for it to be something new to recognize. A couple of good players does not a good team make. In todays league you need a very good player at every position. You then need very good players on the second unit. You need a very good collective offense and defense (Takes 5 very good players). We have ONE very good player. The rest are average at best. Although I do think our players are much better than the ones we have had in the last 3 years, you can't call them fringe stars.

Of course a good guard would help. But we would need to get good above average players at every position. Kanter and Hardaway, although good, have not earned to be called good consistent above average NBA players. Imo. Can we keep out of bottom 3, maybe.

The negative is that weve spent 50mm$ the last two years on THJ Noah and Lee. Same guy helping call the shots--Steve Mills. Why is he employed by the Knicks? Half the cap on J Noah C Lee and THJ?

RIP Crushalot😞
dacash
Member: #1179

10/23/2017  11:01 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

The negative is that weve spent 50mm$ the last two years on THJ Noah and Lee. Same guy helping call the shots--Steve Mills. Why is he employed by the Knicks? Half the cap on J Noah C Lee and THJ?

wait its phils fault anymore lol that's very true though

Knicks too good for top 3 pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy