[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP still wants to see growth before sign extension.
Author Thread
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

10/22/2017  3:48 PM
mlby1215 wrote:No one wants to trade away first round picks if he has choice. Do we have choice? You don't need to tell me about how stupid Phil was. I just want to know what we could do now? We have to use our assets to bring in more help.

What are assets?
1. Caps. It is already gone. Mills gave it to THjr.
2. Young core. Nitti or Willy. We have too many bigs and Willy will be the victim just because he is very valuable and very expendable at the same time.
3. First round picks. I don't want to do it. Mill doesn't want to do it. No one wants to do it. But if you were Mills and you were about to lose your job. What would you do? First picks or your job? The choice is clear.

I am sorry, now you can go on your rants about Phil, if it makes you feel better.

ekstarks94 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:KP will not leave. The one will leave is our future first round picks and Willy,

A star does not need to actually leave to force his prez/gm. KP just needs to knock on Dolan's door and says, "Mills doesn't help me. Please find someone else."

The authority is already broken. Mills doesn't have 13 rings (he wasn'tt even a NBA player), of course he knows what to do to survive. He has to "help" KP and his window. KP is not here to tank for anyone. He probably thought by skipping exit meeting it would make the team better.

At the end, at the worst case. Knicks could turns into old Knicks (capped, throwing picks for some useless instant help )and KP could turn into new Melo (no help, fight and die alone)

Currently, our only hope is Mills. Without Phil Jackson holding his back, Mills finally can draft and sign some very good players now.

Future 1st are not leaving...that's ridiculous...why??? The knicks are not a dumpster fire and Dolan is not pushing buttons....I saw Miles Bridges saying the other day that he would love to play for NYK...folks were hot for him on these boards before he pullled out of the draft....Willy may leave if we truly put our eggs with Kanter...but this is not Phil stupid that is why when you see this situation coming you trade an asset while you have a thing called leverage...the only leverage Willy has is KP having his back...which is a lot of leverage but at the end of the day they could get a nice piece for him if it comes to that

Phil has dirt on thrown on his plot...no need to rant...but also no need to over react....aside from Noah...we have "tradeable" contracts....CAP space is only significant when someone wants to take it. With KP playing the way he is...guys will want to play with him....but who will that be...if we are staying on his time line everyone is restricted...unless you overpay(see THjr) or you trade for.

We have too many bigs agreed....but if we have the same number after the trade dealine then we can talk...I truly think they are showcasing Kanter....he and Willy are the same player...Willy is at 1.5 mill for the next 2 yrs.....Kanter 17.5 this year and 18 mill plus next....who holds more value...

We are not trading first rounders unless it is for proven talent....the rules of the game has changed and picks are todays currency....

AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/22/2017  4:31 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:We can match any offer anyway s it really doesn't matter

well he has to want to stay for the knicks to match any offer,

You guys are missing the bigger picture and why NO player has ever declined a max rookie extension ever.

He's only guaranteed one more year (his 4th) after this one, for $5.7m. His rfa year isnt guaranteed.

Here's the key - he's eligible to sign a 5-year extension after this season, before his 4th season even begins, giving him 6 guaranteed years, including the last 5 for $148m, and that could be even much higher if he makes the 1st, 2nd or 3rd all-NBA teams this year.

In order to leave he'd have to forgo no less than $154m over 6 to play for $5.7m for 1, and then play ANOTHER unguaranteed year for $7.5 (his QO) for the privelage of accepting less years and lower raises elsewhere in a market limited to those with his max cap room.

He isn't going anywhere. Nobody EVER has.

Thanks for this. I had little to no knowledge as to how these things work so I was a little worried we were under pressure to prevent KP from leaving.
The Future is Bright!
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/22/2017  6:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  6:09 PM
I don't know. It is pretty hard to trade someone else without making the team weaker.

Sure we can trade Lee for something, but is it going to make the team better? We have already too many bigs and too few guards.

Kanter is the prime target, but I am not sure if people wants him at the price. He can opt out his contract at the end of the season, right? Then if he is better than his price, it is just a rental for the team wanting him. They probably would not pay us much for him. If he is worse than his price, I think he is negative in term of trade value.

The idea is that Mills was too quick to sign THjr. We shouldn't have done that. We will not have cap space to sign someone next year. Phil, like it or not, never let himself back to the corner. He failed one year, but was able to regroup next year (then failed again, though)

It is not overreact. It is just, you know, not going to help. But you know what, no one wants KP to leave. Maybe I really did.

ekstarks94 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:No one wants to trade away first round picks if he has choice. Do we have choice? You don't need to tell me about how stupid Phil was. I just want to know what we could do now? We have to use our assets to bring in more help.

What are assets?
2. Young core. Nitti or Willy. We have too many bigs and Willy will be the victim just because he is very valuable and very expendable at the same time.
3. First round picks. I don't want to do it. Mill doesn't want to do it. No one wants to do it. But if you were Mills and you were about to lose your job. What would you do? First picks or your job? The choice is clear.

I am sorry, now you can go on your rants about Phil, if it makes you feel better.

ekstarks94 wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:KP will not leave. The one will leave is our future first round picks and Willy,

A star does not need to actually leave to force his prez/gm. KP just needs to knock on Dolan's door and says, "Mills doesn't help me. Please find someone else."

The authority is already broken. Mills doesn't have 13 rings (he wasn'tt even a NBA player), of course he knows what to do to survive. He has to "help" KP and his window. KP is not here to tank for anyone. He probably thought by skipping exit meeting it would make the team better.

At the end, at the worst case. Knicks could turns into old Knicks (capped, throwing picks for some useless instant help )and KP could turn into new Melo (no help, fight and die alone)

Currently, our only hope is Mills. Without Phil Jackson holding his back, Mills finally can draft and sign some very good players now.

Future 1st are not leaving...that's ridiculous...why??? The knicks are not a dumpster fire and Dolan is not pushing buttons....I saw Miles Bridges saying the other day that he would love to play for NYK...folks were hot for him on these boards before he pullled out of the draft....Willy may leave if we truly put our eggs with Kanter...but this is not Phil stupid that is why when you see this situation coming you trade an asset while you have a thing called leverage...the only leverage Willy has is KP having his back...which is a lot of leverage but at the end of the day they could get a nice piece for him if it comes to that

Phil has dirt on thrown on his plot...no need to rant...but also no need to over react....aside from Noah...we have "tradeable" contracts....CAP space is only significant when someone wants to take it. With KP playing the way he is...guys will want to play with him....but who will that be...if we are staying on his time line everyone is restricted...unless you overpay(see THjr) or you trade for.

We have too many bigs agreed....but if we have the same number after the trade dealine then we can talk...I truly think they are showcasing Kanter....he and Willy are the same player...Willy is at 1.5 mill for the next 2 yrs.....Kanter 17.5 this year and 18 mill plus next....who holds more value...

We are not trading first rounders unless it is for proven talent....the rules of the game has changed and picks are todays currency....

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/22/2017  6:22 PM
mlby1215 wrote:I don't know. It is pretty hard to trade someone else without making the team weaker.

Sure we can trade Lee for something, but is it going to make the team better? We have already too many bigs and too few guards.

Kanter is the prime target, but I am not sure if people wants him at the price. He can opt out his contract at the end of the season, right? Then if he is better than his price, it is just a rental for the team wanting him. They probably would not pay us much for him. If he is worse than his price, I think he is negative in term of trade value.

The idea is that Mills was too quick to sign THjr. We shouldn't have done that. We will not have cap space to sign someone next year. Phil, like it or not, never let himself back to the corner. He failed one year, but was able to regroup next year (then failed again, though)

It is not overreact. It is just, you know, not going to help. But you know what, no one wants KP to leave. Maybe I really did.

ekstarks94 wrote:

What are assets?

ekstarks94 wrote:

How many good teams have enough cap space to absorb Kanter, or how many good teams have someone that they can send back that won't hurt their team and won't hamstring the Knicks longterm. Basically we aren't trading Kanter. The only deal we can find is if we take someones bad contract and get a pick in return,

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/23/2017  1:56 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:I don't know. It is pretty hard to trade someone else without making the team weaker.

ekstarks94 wrote:

What are assets?

ekstarks94 wrote:

How many good teams have enough cap space to absorb Kanter, or how many good teams have someone that they can send back that won't hurt their team and won't hamstring the Knicks longterm. Basically we aren't trading Kanter. The only deal we can find is if we take someones bad contract and get a pick in return,

Kanter is probably a good player that we actually do not need and cannot trade away. I believe some teams would give us something, like a worse guy with longer contract but in a position we need (guards). I cannot say it is what we want if the goal is to keep KP. He wants a better team ASAP, and picks are not going to help unless the player is so good that he can contribute immediately (and the pick has to be next year)

The bottom line is that the time is short. Hopefully we will have a better team when he is going to sign an extension.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/23/2017  1:08 PM

ekstarks94 wrote:

What are assets?

ekstarks94 wrote:

I thought the Knicks are gonna have around $28-$30 mil in cap space in 2018? Anyone know exactly how much space we'll have in 2018 and 2019?? 2019 is more important if you ask me cause the 2018 free agent class is really bad for good to great players but 2019 is really good for good and great players.

KP still wants to see growth before sign extension.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy