[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: The Garden is Eden! We must protect this house!!! 10/21 Detroit 8pm!!!
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/22/2017  12:38 AM
KP looked winded st the end of the game, you could see his defense drop off.

Good to see LT out of rotation.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
10/22/2017  12:44 AM
Oh and Rebecca looking quite nice tonight
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/22/2017  4:13 AM
If we can't even beat the Pistons of this league, then we are in for a treat of a draft pick
teamsport72
Member: #6172

10/22/2017  5:48 AM
nixluva wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Shoulda been a victory not sure where they lost it.

FREAKING WEAK THIRD QUARTER AGAIN!!!

Why is arena dead quiet at the start of the 3rd? Is it a funeral? Why are the stands half empty for an extended period? Why is everyone out in the hallways? Can't you people EAT AT HOME , for chrissakes?

The players need to get into the rhythm, get aggressive, down and dirty again at the start of the 3rd. They need some help from the home crowd. But the fatsos are out having another bite. Muhahahaha...

JesseDark
Member: #467
10/22/2017  6:49 AM
OjilEye wrote:Hornacek was the biggest contributor to this loss. 2 games in a row where opposing coaches have made adjustments and Horny has failed to adapt. Couldn't maintain strong defensive plan coming out of halftime. Oh well, not the worst thing in the world though since we're not sniffing any significant playoff run this year. Just hope that all the losing doesn't get to KP's head

Yeah I agree, I think we were out coached. I not interest in going 0-82, this should have been a victory.

Bring back dee-fense
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/22/2017  7:16 AM
This game was the result of the team not yet used to creating offense without Melo. The team should have trusted the system to create a shot. Sessions is solid but I honestly think we win that game if Frank was not hurt.
Trust the Process
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/22/2017  7:33 AM
When Porzingis tired and cooled off, and got fouled, it was on Tim 70 million dollar man to step up. This is what they paid him for. To be that closer he had become for Atlanta.

Unfortuntely we have seen a very poor start from Tim.

If Tim even plays an average game, we win it last night. On the perimeter we have no guard that can score big and create outside of Tim. For Tim to be this off was awful for us. It really sank us. We need an option outside. Porzingis and Kanter are beasts at what they do. We need a third guy. Tim was supposed to be that player.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/22/2017  7:46 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:When Porzingis tired and cooled off, and got fouled, it was on Tim 70 million dollar man to step up. This is what they paid him for. To be that closer he had become for Atlanta.

Unfortuntely we have seen a very poor start from Tim.

If Tim even plays an average game, we win it last night. On the perimeter we have no guard that can score big and create outside of Tim. For Tim to be this off was awful for us. It really sank us. We need an option outside. Porzingis and Kanter are beasts at what they do. We need a third guy. Tim was supposed to be that player.

I say Dot should have gotten some burn....he will play D...if he hits some shots that gravy...maybe Timmy gets the point and comes back in a little more determined

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/22/2017  7:50 AM
Lots of hate for Ron Baker.
However he was a +7, leader of all the Knicks in that category.

Can't say it enough, he needs to start until Frank is ready. We need his IQ and his defensive effort. The team just plays better with him out there. He is sort of like that point guard who has an impact beyond points and assists.

And KP's minutes need to be given a ceiling of 32 on most nights. Can't have him play these many minutes and last a whole season. KP is our biggest bright spot right now, he has shown improvement in critical areas. Plays closer to the basket and is not settling for the 3 ball anymore. He looks like a top 15 player in the league right now and sure all-star. Has to learn how to carry a team and manage his energy like a franchise player however the signs are all there that we truly have a franchise player.

No Willy for defensive reasons is ok so long as he is given a chance eventually and comes out with more confidence. If this works against Willy's development, will be really bad look on Horny.

Hornachek has not impressed me so far. He no longer has the Phil Jackson crutch. People often blamed Phil for many of Hornachek's short comings. Can't do that this season. I do like some things, but many things he's doing or deciding, have me puzzled.

2 games in

Positives:

KP is an all-star/on his way to being a franchise player (just better, something we didn't always see last year)
Kanter is a good fit next to KP
O'Quinn is playing just as well as last year, but he is in a contract year so beware.
Team has shown competitive ability to win games in both games, especially last night. Not playing 2nd halves as well as 1st. That can come with time.

Negatives:

Hardaway has sucked
No Willy in the rotation which sucks for the rebuild
Sessions has started and played big minutes while Frank and Ron have not been given a chance as a starter
Hornachek is coaching in a way where this will be his last season.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/22/2017  7:59 AM
nixluva wrote:This is a Win/Win season. If the Knicks manage to show growth GREAT! If they show growth but still lose GREAT cuz they will add more top tier talent.

KP is stepping into the Franchise Player role but others have to step up. Jeff has to also step up. This is only game 2 and this team has shown progress IMO.

+1

(5)(5)
MS
Member: #724
10/22/2017  9:44 AM
Hardaway literally is 2-13 and hits a three and starts dancing. Was that a joke?! Of course the pistons come right back and stick a three, no celebrating.

If your 6-5 and athletic and only get 2rbs you stink. Still no idea how to play, watching the ball and not boxing out. Very worried he’s going to revert back without Atlanta coaches on him

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/22/2017  9:57 AM
I am traveling and didn't watch, did Willy play
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/22/2017  10:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  10:08 AM
Do some of u guys watch the defensive side of the ball? We had enough offense to pull out a W. Defensively, we couldnt stop the PNR, Harris was toying with any wing that attempted to gaurd him and Ish lived in the paint and was blowing by defenders including Mr +7 Ron Baker...Looking forward the opposing SFshaving career nights against us and in a PNR league, we need to come up with a better gameplan quick or we are going to see more of the same on the defensive end
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/22/2017  10:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  10:08 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:I am traveling and didn't watch, did Willy play

Nope and he is not happy about it.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/22/2017  12:09 PM
Uptown wrote:

Ok this is some serious jacked up horse****. What the fukk is Hornacek playing at? How does KOQ earn minutes over him? Or Kanter? Hornacek is fighting tho keep his job? Stupid gormless gargoyle...

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
USA
10/22/2017  12:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Ok this is some serious jacked up horse****. What the fukk is Hornacek playing at? How does KOQ earn minutes over him? Or Kanter? Hornacek is fighting tho keep his job? Stupid gormless gargoyle...

kinda weird to criticize the decision when you didnt catch the game

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/22/2017  12:43 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Especially given how great he played.
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/22/2017  12:55 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Especially given how great he played.

I still haven't seen the game but I saw the box score. Kyle's numbers look great. This is just going to get tougher when Noah gets back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
USA
10/22/2017  1:11 PM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/22/2017  1:19 PM
martin wrote:

That was awesome. They looked great. Thanks for posting it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game Thread: The Garden is Eden! We must protect this house!!! 10/21 Detroit 8pm!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy