[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/17/2018  2:20 PM
I was probably the biggest Mitchell cheerleader on the board. But at the end of the day the draft is a crap shoot. Detroit took Kennard at 12 over Kuzma. Kuzma could potentially have a better career than Issac or Tatum and nobody had him rated as high as them.

Okafor was taken with the 3rd pick a and Jokic was taken in the 2nd round etc etc etc etc etc.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/9/2019  10:31 AM
Odd turn of events. For those that are true Knicks fans, we can now root for both. For those that cant stand being wrong, keep the hater posts going.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
2/9/2019  10:50 AM
I was def a frank guy over DSjr but now I am both. I think they are 2 totally different players. DSjr is more of the type of today's NBA PG's. Frank is old school NBA. IT really depends on what you build around them. That being said, DSjr is way more advanced offensively and Frank is a better player on D.

NY is lucky, they may end up being really good together! I hope to see that alot after the break.

VCoug
Member: #1406

2/9/2019  11:16 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I was def a frank guy over DSjr but now I am both. I think they are 2 totally different players. DSjr is more of the type of today's NBA PG's. Frank is old school NBA. IT really depends on what you build around them. That being said, DSjr is way more advanced offensively and Frank is a better player on D.

NY is lucky, they may end up being really good together! I hope to see that alot after the break.

What is old school about Frank's game?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/9/2019  11:25 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I was def a frank guy over DSjr but now I am both. I think they are 2 totally different players. DSjr is more of the type of today's NBA PG's. Frank is old school NBA. IT really depends on what you build around them. That being said, DSjr is way more advanced offensively and Frank is a better player on D.

Look it doesn't work like that. They have opposite skills yes, but not necessarily complimentary.
I think they play the game in very different ways at a different pace. I think Dennis Smith wil wasn't too play at a much faster pace relying heavily on individual skills and Frank at a much slower pace relying heavily on ball movement in a structured offense. I honestly don't think you can put those things together in the same backcourt and just expect them to compliment each other. It will take a rare type of coaching to make those work together. There maybe a handful of coaches in the game that can pull that off. Don't think Fiz is one of them.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/9/2019  11:56 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Look it doesn't work like that. They have opposite skills yes, but not necessarily complimentary.
I think they play the game in very different ways at a different pace. I think Dennis Smith wil wasn't too play at a much faster pace relying heavily on individual skills and Frank at a much slower pace relying heavily on ball movement in a structured offense. I honestly don't think you can put those things together in the same backcourt and just expect them to compliment each other. It will take a rare type of coaching to make those work together. There maybe a handful of coaches in the game that can pull that off. Don't think Fiz is one of them.

Frank played off the ball in Europe and scouting reports suggest that is his best fit for his development. I think this takes a lot of pressure off of Frank. If he can hit the three at a respectable level they could be a great fit. I also like Frank on the floor with Trier as the secondary ball handler. I thought they both looked really good together. Trier and Smith have not looked like a good fit so far but it is only 3 games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/9/2019  12:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2019  12:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Frank played off the ball in Europe and scouting reports suggest that is his best fit for his development. I think this takes a lot of pressure off of Frank. If he can hit the three at a respectable level they could be a great fit. I also like Frank on the floor with Trier as the secondary ball handler. I thought they both looked really good together. Trier and Smith have not looked like a good fit so far but it is only 3 games.

Trier and Smith are both high usage players. They need the ball in their hands a lot to maximize the impact.
Frank and Dot are the opposite. They are both better off the ball and both are much better defenders.
So paring of DSjr/Frank to start and Trier/Dot from the bench makes much more sense.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2019  1:23 PM
Smith has all star potential and frank could be a great compliment ona good team. Not a **** show. I’m on board for both. Opinions are like ass holes, every has one.
The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy