Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  2:42 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
nixluva wrote:

2-5 from 3 in practice.

Trade his ass!!!

Funny cuz I almost expected someone to comment negatively about the missed shots! .

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  6:34 PM
This is turning into an epidemic. Crazy how these injuries are cropping up so early.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/24/2017  6:38 PM
nixluva wrote:This is turning into an epidemic. Crazy how these injuries are cropping up so early.

Probably why his free throws are so awkward.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/24/2017  7:03 PM
Vmart wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is turning into an epidemic. Crazy how these injuries are cropping up so early.

They should trade him for Bledsoe since Fultz is an obvious bust and throw in Embiid as well, he is injury prone and young centers dime a dozen.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2017  7:18 PM
Vmart wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about his free throw shooting. Bayless has looked great there this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/26/2017  7:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  7:37 AM

VS some good guards.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/26/2017  9:09 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

It may be premature - but if I had to hang my ass out there - we royally messed up by not taking DSjr.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/26/2017  10:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  10:05 AM
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

It may be premature - but if I had to hang my ass out there - we royally messed up by not taking DSjr.

Keep in mind that there's no one on Earth that would rather be proven wrong on this more than me, trust me, but I completely agree with you. No question about it.

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/26/2017  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  10:11 AM
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

After 4 games I bet Philly was happy they drafted Michael Carter-Williams over Giannis Antetokounmpo:

Carter-Williams - 20 ppg, 7.8 ast, 5 reb
Antetokounmpo - 2.6 ppg, 0 ast, 1.3 reb + a DNP

How'd that work out?

Heck, after 4 games Philly may have been happy they drafted Okafor over KP:

Okafor: 20.25 ppg/5.5 reb
KP: 11.25 ppg/8.25 reb

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/26/2017  10:39 AM
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

After 4 games I bet Philly was happy they drafted Michael Carter-Williams over Giannis Antetokounmpo:

How'd that work out?

lol good examples.

Seriously are we going to do this all year? If Smith tears his ACL are we going to have a running Malik Monk thread?

Knicks drafted a defensive prospect after decades of stinking on defense. Im ok with it. He's 19. This place is a daily emotional dumping ground. Its silly.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/26/2017  10:44 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

Impressive game. Id rather he do well and have to suffer Knicks fans crying about passing him him. Then him have his talented wasted by injury.

I'm still confident Frank when he settles in gets some games under his belt will be fine.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/26/2017  11:26 AM
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

How'd that work out?

Great point. Let's now list all the rookies that started well and went on to be really good players.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/26/2017  11:34 AM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

How'd that work out?

lol good examples.

Seriously are we going to do this all year? If Smith tears his ACL are we going to have a running Malik Monk thread?

Knicks drafted a defensive prospect after decades of stinking on defense. Im ok with it. He's 19. This place is a daily emotional dumping ground. Its silly.

Except that doesn't pass the eye test.

In limited time, DSjr looks like a great talent. Question before was could he run a team. In summer league, and now, it sure seems it. Biggest challenge is can he stay healthy?

Frank? He is looking like a bust! I'm sorry, but is he ever going to play? No summer league, no training camp?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2017  11:37 AM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

How'd that work out?

lol good examples.

In limited time, DSjr looks like a great talent. Question before was could he run a team. In summer league, and now, it sure seems it. Biggest challenge is can he stay healthy?

Frank? He is looking like a bust! I'm sorry, but is he ever going to play? No summer league, no training camp?

If he is out for 3 months then I would be worried. He has been out 3 games due to stepping on somebody's foot. Gotta give him more time.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2017  11:39 AM
Cartman718 wrote:why do we need this thread? smh. cant people just root for our guy and be over dsj fox etc etc

NO, its better to have the clarity of hindsight and then lament about missed opportunities. Take 10 things. A few will be a bust then you get to bask in the glory of "See I told you" all the while nobody will hold you accountable for the things that you missed.
High volume guys like Briggs can do that. Spew out lots of guys and then say "Hey, remember when I said".........We don't because there is so much.
Now to Briggs defense, he does at times bring up his busts and put them out there. Not picking exclusively on him. Ok, maybe a little.

fishmike
USA
10/26/2017  11:49 AM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

How'd that work out?

lol good examples.

No. Obviously he's never going to play. 3 games. Dude landed on Willy's ankle in practice. Before that he collided with Kanter. But yea man.. I think these things all add up to bust. He's 19. The body of work cant be denied.
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/26/2017  12:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

How'd that work out?

Great point. Let's now list all the rookies that started well and went on to be really good players.

That would be just as useless as the examples I used and that's the point. Making any determination either way this early is ridiculous. And fans who are going to compare box scores after every game are just going to drive themselves crazy. DSjr. could go on to win rookie of the year and STILL not end up being a better player than Frank long term.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/26/2017  12:43 PM
Finestrg wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

Keep in mind that there's no one on Earth that would rather be proven wrong on this more than me, trust me, but I completely agree with you. No question about it.

Best analogy I can make is we drafted Kerry Kittles instead of Kobe. A solid player instead of a potential star.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/26/2017  1:04 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

How'd that work out?

lol good examples.

If he is out for 3 months then I would be worried. He has been out 3 games due to stepping on somebody's foot. Gotta give him more time.

I think the jury is still out on whether DSjr. can run a team. He's a natural scorer and he can get to the rim, I'd still hesitate to call him a point guard. I agree, it's frustrating not to see Frank play. In the limited minutes he has played, he's shown he can at least run a PnR, make tight pocket passes and play D. He's probably one of the members of the team who knows the plays if you believe recent player comments. I doubt Horny's offense is half as complicated as Strasbourg's .We'd suck this year, regardless if we had DSjr or Monk. Mind as well bring Frank in slowly. The tank is on. There's no saving the season. Wait till Frank and DSjr play a few games before determining who's a bust. Remember, 8 teams passed over DSjr. There must have been a reason.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
10/26/2017  1:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
franco12 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

VS some good guards.

How'd that work out?

lol good examples.

I think the jury is still out on whether DSjr. can run a team. He's a natural scorer and he can get to the rim, I'd still hesitate to call him a point guard. I agree, it's frustrating not to see Frank play. In the limited minutes he has played, he's shown he can at least run a PnR, make tight pocket passes and play D. He's probably one of the members of the team who knows the plays if you believe recent player comments. I doubt Horny's offense is half as complicated as Strasbourg's .We'd suck this year, regardless if we had DSjr or Monk. Mind as well bring Frank in slowly. The tank is on. There's no saving the season. Wait till Frank and DSjr play a few games before determining who's a bust. Remember, 8 teams passed over DSjr. There must have been a reason.
There were plenty. Issues with attitude, losing college record, ACL surgery and ability to run an offense for starters. I liked him as a prospect. Kerry Kittles instead of Kobe? How about we took Gary Payton instead of Eddie House? I mean cmon people...
The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy