Jmpasq wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.

Remember that he wouldn't show us his medical records.

he went down awkward on his left knee in that game going to the basket

2:04

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.

Kid has a nice game and in theory his skills and penetration would be ideal but you and I both know if Phil had drafted him the NY Media would’ve feasted on this. The kid needed to use DRose as a cautionary tale and toned it down. Instead he is just as reckless as DRose was. So many awkward landings!

much better player than Frank, but it looks like some of the fears about his health are justified dude is reckless. I don't know though I just don't think Frank is going to be any good, I haven't seen anything that justifies his selection at 8

Ntilikina is a different type of player. DSJ wishes he could be the kind of defender Nitty is capable of being. Nitty is yet to fully fill out and he might still grow. I like Nitty’s package of physical talent, skills and BBIQ. I think Nitty is going to be more of a Billups type of PG.

People keep predicting these lofty expectations on Frank with not a single shred of evidence he will ever reach those heights. Yeah he is long , sure I think he can defend at a high level , but the actually playing PG in the NBA I dont see those skills at all. Dude looks awful with the ball in his hands. I just want to see something that gives me hope for this kid because ever since he has been a Knick its been one failure after another. I want to believe he is a building block and we didn't just piss away the whole 2016-17 season to draft a back up wing.

And you get all this about Frank from watching him play 8 minutes in his first game in the NBA?? I'm not sure how anyone doesn't realize that it's gonna take time to see the full potential of Frank. He's gonna need a good amount of games that he started and got at least 30 minutes before we even start seeing what this kid can do in the NBA and at PG.

I've been vocal since we drafted him on how concerned I was by the games I watched. I want to see something to make me believe the Knicks didn't make a mistake. Its making me more and more nervous the longer it goes without some sort of positive for this kid. I like most Knick fans are very sick of losing. I'm going to be furious if our development is set back yet another season because we drafted a questionable player.

This tells me you lack confidence in our scouting which has proven to be VERY ASTUTE in gauging talent.

Ntilikina isn’t questionable talent IMO. We know the base talent he has but just cuz he has been injured and off the court you’re choosing to act as if he’s complete mystery. We know his defensive potential and high IQ. His versatility as a PG/SG On/Off Ball skills. PnR skills. We know he’s still raw in many ways so there’s lots of upside.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

10/21/2017  4:43 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:It's water on the knee. Swelling. The body's response to trauma or injury.
nixluva wrote:
Knee effusion or swelling of the knee (colloquially known as water on the knee) occurs when excess synovial fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or fluid collecting in the bursa, a condition known as prepatellar bursitis.

Not a good thing to hear about that repaired knee. Hopefully it’s not something that will require surgery. Maybe just rest and treatment to bring the swelling down.

It aso looked like he hurt his ankle. He seemed a bit gimpy. Really impressive young player. He penetrates like Rose but passes to his teammates and has a jump shot. I would love to see KP with a point guard that puts that kind of pressure on a defense but is an elite passer. Hopefully the Knicks get some of that from Frank.

Kid has a nice game and in theory his skills and penetration would be ideal but you and I both know if Phil had drafted him the NY Media would’ve feasted on this. The kid needed to use DRose as a cautionary tale and toned it down. Instead he is just as reckless as DRose was. So many awkward landings!

much better player than Frank, but it looks like some of the fears about his health are justified dude is reckless. I don't know though I just don't think Frank is going to be any good, I haven't seen anything that justifies his selection at 8

Ntilikina is a different type of player. DSJ wishes he could be the kind of defender Nitty is capable of being. Nitty is yet to fully fill out and he might still grow. I like Nitty’s package of physical talent, skills and BBIQ. I think Nitty is going to be more of a Billups type of PG.

People keep predicting these lofty expectations on Frank with not a single shred of evidence he will ever reach those heights. Yeah he is long , sure I think he can defend at a high level , but the actually playing PG in the NBA I dont see those skills at all. Dude looks awful with the ball in his hands. I just want to see something that gives me hope for this kid because ever since he has been a Knick its been one failure after another.

Name them. Name all these "failures one after another" you're referring to?

Missed summer league , missed basically the entire preseason, plays 1 preseaon game looks bad, plays one regular season game and looks like the worst rookie in the class, gets hurt in practice will miss games again
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/21/2017  4:49 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

People keep predicting these lofty expectations on Frank with not a single shred of evidence he will ever reach those heights. Yeah he is long , sure I think he can defend at a high level , but the actually playing PG in the NBA I dont see those skills at all. Dude looks awful with the ball in his hands. I just want to see something that gives me hope for this kid because ever since he has been a Knick its been one failure after another.

Missed summer league , missed basically the entire preseason, plays 1 preseaon game looks bad, plays one regular season game and looks like the worst rookie in the class, gets hurt in practice will miss games again

Missing time often means a player needs time to get back in rhythm. The bad performances can easily be the result of Court Rust! Gotta be patient and allow some time to get acclimated. He’s not a machine with an on/off switch.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/21/2017  5:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Missing time often means a player needs time to get back in rhythm. The bad performances can easily be the result of Court Rust! Gotta be patient and allow some time to get acclimated. He’s not a machine with an on/off switch.

Not going to happen...Jmpasq and others have a new bone to chew on and they're not going to stop.

Nothing Frank has done in 3 years of pro-ball matters.
The fact that he was universally regarded as a lottery pick doesn't matter.
The fact that he was the youngest player in the draft, but more importantly, less mature physically, doesn't matter.
The fact that he missed SL doesn't matter.
The fact that he missed many team scrimmages doesn't matter.
The fact that he was only able to play a few minutes in pre-season doesn't matter.

Folks going to hate...nothing to do about it, and he is not going to get a break.Heard the same **** when KP was drafted...many of those who hated the pick have changed their tune...others are just silent.

Better to ignore them and wait...nothing we say here makes any difference in his development as a player.

People are frustrated, and they're going to talk nonsense, only time will tell if he was a good pick...and my feeling is that he will be fine...But all we can do is wait.

So it goes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

10/21/2017  5:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  2:16 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Its making me more and more nervous the longer it goes without some sort of positive for this kid.

Frank Ntilikina Career Stats: 1 Game, 8 minutes.

C'mon man, listen to yourself! He has played EIGHT MINUTES in his entire career! EIGHT MINUTES! This is why we can't have nice things.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/21/2017  6:00 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Getting hurt is a failure? If you're good you know how to avoid it?

That's a new one.

Jmpasq

10/21/2017  7:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's a new one.

Give me one positive from this kid since we drafted him. All I want is to see some reason to hope my eye test was wrong on him.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knickoftime

10/21/2017  7:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2017  7:08 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's a new one.

Give me one positive from this kid since we drafted him. All I want is to see some reason to hope my eye test was wrong on him.

There isn't any. There was glowing reports from camp, but I can personally attest to them. But that isn't the point.

An NBA season is a marathon. An NBA career is a decathlon. All that's happening is some people that know this are telling people that sprinting from the starting line to slow the **** down. In most cases good advice like that's appreciated and not resented.

reub
Member: #6227

10/21/2017  7:24 PM
I want to see Frank play well by the end of the season. He's the youngest player in the NBA and plays a position that requires experience. I'm willing to give him time because we're not competing for a championship this year anyway.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/21/2017  7:46 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's a new one.

Its obvious you have made up your mind about him and thats your right. HOWEVER if he starts lighting it up yu cant just jump on the bandwagon after basically calling him a bust after 1 career game
Jmpasq

10/21/2017  10:09 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's a new one.

Its obvious you have made up your mind about him and thats your right. HOWEVER if he starts lighting it up yu cant just jump on the bandwagon after basically calling him a bust after 1 career game

Never said he was a bust. I just didn't like his tape and since becoming a Knick I havent seen anything to make me feel better about what I watched this summer. I do believe at worst he will have some value as a wing defender. The problem is a wing defender isn't helping the Knicks end this stretch of futility,

Knickoftime

10/21/2017  10:42 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That's a new one.

Never said he was a bust. I just didn't like his tape and since becoming a Knick I havent seen anything to make me feel better about what I watched this summer. I do believe at worst he will have some value as a wing defender. The problem is a wing defender isn't helping the Knicks end this stretch of futility,

An eight picks isn't suppose to end anything by himself.

Nothing is going to end overnight.

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/22/2017  6:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2017  6:21 AM
Giannis Antetokounmpo's stat line first three games:
game #1 - 4 mins, 1 pt, 0 ast, 0 reb
game #2 - 12 mins, 5 pt, 0 ast, 2 reb
game #3 - 16 mins, 2 pt, 0 ast, 0 reb
5 years later: 38.3 pts, 5 ast, 9.7 reb

O.J. Mayo
2008-09 1st season - 18.5 pts, 3.8 reb, 3.2 assist
2017-18 - not in the league

I guess it's asking too much give players some time before proclaiming them whatever you want to proclaim them.

Jmpasq

10/22/2017  8:04 AM
Welpee wrote:Giannis Antetokounmpo's stat line first three games:

O.J. Mayo

I guess it's asking too much give players some time before proclaiming them whatever you want to proclaim them.

Yeah lets compare him to Giannis for no other reason but he played in Europe. I don't get the confidence in Frank like he is some Gary Payton clone. One guy here is said he will be better than Jason Kidd. Maybe he will be but where is this confidence coming from? Even when you compare him to Porzingis or even Willys European tape both players passed the eye test better for me.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/22/2017  10:48 AM
Since neither has played this topic is way premature. We will have a better idea by February and even then too soon to make a real analysis. I will say I have confidence in frank due to his professionalism.
Trust the Process
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  1:55 PM

All I’m sayin is the Media would be MERCILESS in ripping the Knicks if they had taken DSJ and this came out!

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/22/2017  2:46 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:Giannis Antetokounmpo's stat line first three games:

O.J. Mayo

Yeah lets compare him to Giannis for no other reason but he played in Europe. I don't get the confidence in Frank like he is some Gary Payton clone. One guy here is said he will be better than Jason Kidd. Maybe he will be but where is this confidence coming from? Even when you compare him to Porzingis or even Willys European tape both players passed the eye test better for me.

The point isn't to compate the two but to point out by the same logic you're using now you probably would've written off Giannis too after a couple of games.
nixluva
USA
10/22/2017  4:30 PM
Looks crazy when you see a normal man wingspan.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/22/2017  9:32 PM
nixluva wrote:

All I’m sayin is the Media would be MERCILESS in ripping the Knicks if they had taken DSJ and this came out!

apocalyptic

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/22/2017  9:32 PM
nixluva wrote:

+ infinity

The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy