The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/8/2018  5:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Frank's D is very good now. Can be elite level as he learns more.

His passing is very good. His shot is smooth. He hesitates and defers to his teammates sometimes too much but all in all, he is solid and his future looks very good.

http://www.82games.com/1718/17NYK3.HTM
Check this out. Frank is holding his opponents to an EFG of 40%. That is mind numbingly low.
Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

Eye test, metrics, stats... everything already says Frank's defense is already elite, and everyone watching knows he's only going to improve.

I just dont get how Frank's defense doesnt have him in the conversation of best in his draft class. Surely Tatum has been great but in league where opposing PGs run amok nightly the Knicks might just have one of the most valueable chips on their roster. Combine him with KP and another and you are building an iron curtain.

Frank hung with Kryie and locked him down in the 4th while the Knicks won that game. Will Irving adjust and come back? Of course, but highlight dunks are nice. Lockdown 4th qtr defense for wins against elite talent? Priceless. But that's just one's guy's opinion.

Last night he played great D again, 7pts, 7rebs, 5assists, 2TOs, 1 steal and 2 blocks. He was -2 in 25 minutes in a close game.

If I am reading the stat right the efg 40% is for when he defends point guards. The opponents efg jumps to .625 when he defends shooting guards. The percentage of time split defending each position isn't that different.

You need to check out the floor time stats. Only 3% of the minutes he uses are at SG%.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/8/2018  6:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Frank's D is very good now. Can be elite level as he learns more.

His passing is very good. His shot is smooth. He hesitates and defers to his teammates sometimes too much but all in all, he is solid and his future looks very good.

Check this out. Frank is holding his opponents to an EFG of 40%. That is mind numbingly low.
Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

Eye test, metrics, stats... everything already says Frank's defense is already elite, and everyone watching knows he's only going to improve.

I just dont get how Frank's defense doesnt have him in the conversation of best in his draft class. Surely Tatum has been great but in league where opposing PGs run amok nightly the Knicks might just have one of the most valueable chips on their roster. Combine him with KP and another and you are building an iron curtain.

Frank hung with Kryie and locked him down in the 4th while the Knicks won that game. Will Irving adjust and come back? Of course, but highlight dunks are nice. Lockdown 4th qtr defense for wins against elite talent? Priceless. But that's just one's guy's opinion.

Last night he played great D again, 7pts, 7rebs, 5assists, 2TOs, 1 steal and 2 blocks. He was -2 in 25 minutes in a close game.

If I am reading the stat right the efg 40% is for when he defends point guards. The opponents efg jumps to .625 when he defends shooting guards. The percentage of time split defending each position isn't that different.

You need to check out the floor time stats. Only 3% of the minutes he uses are at SG%.
Thanks. I see what you mean.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/9/2018  2:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2018  2:14 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

I'm not sure what the metrics say, but Frank's defense is solid, especially for a rookie, but I wouldn't call it elite by any stretch YET. He's not making any all defensive teams as a rookie, so I wouldn't call it elite. Now, I definitely see the potential for it to get to that level but he's not there now. And there's nothing wrong with that. He still has plenty of room and time to grow.

By all metrics and visuals he is 100% playing elite defense. Locking down and frustrating the best 1on1 PG’s in the league and playing excellent help defense. Not sure what PG is playing better D than he.

I feel like Zebo does but I am biased... I admit it. So I am wondering who the guys are in the league people want Frank to defend more like.

There isn’t a PG right now that defends as well as Ntlikina. Go up and down the league and you will come away mesmerized at how good Ntlikina’s defense is. I’m not gonna lie watching the Knicks on defense my eyes are absolutely locked in on Ntlikina watching him play defense. Kind of reminds me of how most people were locked in on Lawrence Taylor when he played.

It is amazing how methodical Ntlikina is in his approach to defense.

same. He is my most watched player and has become my favorite player. I DVR all the games so I can start late and FF through commercials. I often rewind plays to watch Frank defend. He's amazing. If he ever does get beat off the dribble he's able to push his guy towards help, then over play the passing lane. Its nuts. I cant wait until he's ready to start. We need this D at the start of games.

Fish....When I first signed onto this site, I said the Knicks need a PG like me. Well, we finally have that PG. Frank will be one of the best two way PGs in the league.....I think John Wall is ahead of him, and Patrick Beverly. But for a 19 yr old, Frank is currently the top 5 defensive PGs in the league. Ben Simons is up there and I'm sure there's someone else I'm not thinking about.

I wanted Malik Monk in the draft....And was having second thoughts when I saw DSJ highlights. But at the end of the day, Frank was the right move for this team. Defense is becoming extinct. It's not even a recognized skill anymore. But the importance of having defenders at the PG and Center position is still the key to winning championships. Need to guard the penetrator and protect the rim. We have a young Frank and KP at two critical positions.

Sorry but Frankie is so over rated on defense on this site. The guy doing the color last night on msg agrees. Frank is great on defense off the ball- passing lanes but needs to improve on the ball defense. Lets his man beat him off the dribble way too much . Also starting to pick up dumb fouls and needs to cut down on bad passes. Yeah, yeah I know he's 19.

I heard that moron and didn’t know what in Sam Hill he was talking about. Not sure where they found that crumb bum but it seemed like he hadn’t watched a Knicks game prior to lAst night.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/9/2018  2:15 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

I'm not sure what the metrics say, but Frank's defense is solid, especially for a rookie, but I wouldn't call it elite by any stretch YET. He's not making any all defensive teams as a rookie, so I wouldn't call it elite. Now, I definitely see the potential for it to get to that level but he's not there now. And there's nothing wrong with that. He still has plenty of room and time to grow.

By all metrics and visuals he is 100% playing elite defense. Locking down and frustrating the best 1on1 PG’s in the league and playing excellent help defense. Not sure what PG is playing better D than he.

I feel like Zebo does but I am biased... I admit it. So I am wondering who the guys are in the league people want Frank to defend more like.

There isn’t a PG right now that defends as well as Ntlikina. Go up and down the league and you will come away mesmerized at how good Ntlikina’s defense is. I’m not gonna lie watching the Knicks on defense my eyes are absolutely locked in on Ntlikina watching him play defense. Kind of reminds me of how most people were locked in on Lawrence Taylor when he played.

It is seriously mesmerizing. Similar to watching Noah defend when he’s really working and healthy. Wouldn’t mind seeing those two together at some point.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/9/2018  9:56 AM
Who stops anyone in the league?
"Letting players by"?

Watch frank fight thru screens. Takes effort. Some players give it, some save it for the offense.
Frank at this moment stays on the floor for doing lots of things. All this and he is hesitant to shoot.
So......

Frank needs to shoot more.
Frank needs to get stronger.
Frank needs to be more aggressive (Love those blocked shots though!"
Frank needs to go to rim.
Frank needs to finish stronger.
Frank needs to get fouled more.
Frank needs to keep his elbows off the table.
Frank needs to be in the right system.
Frank needs to be less euro.
Frank needs to be more AAU.

Frank is a rookie. All the above is correct. Frank is lucky to have fans. If not who else would notify him of his needs?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/9/2018  10:08 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

Frank is definitely ahead of the curve when it comes to defense for a rook. But the best defensive PG in the league? Cant agree. Too easy to shake him laterally right now. He may very well get there sooner than his competition anticipates, but Frank ain't there yet.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/9/2018  11:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

Frank is definitely ahead of the curve when it comes to defense for a rook. But the best defensive PG in the league? Cant agree. Too easy to shake him laterally right now. He may very well get there sooner than his competition anticipates, but Frank ain't there yet.

who is?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

1/9/2018  11:31 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

Most of the top rated defensive PGs in the league. The ones who start against, and defend, the best starting PGs night in and night out. Who know each other's game inside out. Not going up mostly against second units, in limited minutes.

Those PGs are more laterally sound than Frank, because they're used to defending players who are as just as fast north and south, as they are east and west. Some of it has to do with getting around screens. I believe you guys are getting a bit ahead of yourselves.

blkexec
Member: #748
1/9/2018  11:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2018  11:39 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

This isn't the 90s....It's 2018 and the rules are changed to increase scoring. So the advantages goes to the offensive player. The term "lock down" defender, doesn't exist anymore. So we have to curve our defensive grading scale to match todays offensive no contact rules.

With that said, Frank is going to be the defensive standard for todays young defensive guards. There are no elite guards that can be locked down. All we can ask for is to slow them down. And Frank has the IQ and Physical tools to do that.

I can say this with confidence and without overrating Frank. The fact is I can't remember a better Knicks PG prospect at 19 yrs old in recent knick history. You have to go back to Charlie Ward, and the older PGs, who I've always said Frank is similar to Charlie Ward, which means he's a potential corner stone.

With all these shoot first PGs coming in the league, finding a player who's willing to play defense is a gem. Finding a scoring PG is as easy as searching the G league. Phils drafting era has really impressed me. Eventhough I think KP fell in his lap, he still could've selected someone else. So much props to Phil. and btw I'm far from a Phil homer.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/9/2018  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2018  11:45 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

same. He is my most watched player and has become my favorite player. I DVR all the games so I can start late and FF through commercials. I often rewind plays to watch Frank defend. He's amazing. If he ever does get beat off the dribble he's able to push his guy towards help, then over play the passing lane. Its nuts. I cant wait until he's ready to start. We need this D at the start of games.

Fish....When I first signed onto this site, I said the Knicks need a PG like me. Well, we finally have that PG. Frank will be one of the best two way PGs in the league.....I think John Wall is ahead of him, and Patrick Beverly. But for a 19 yr old, Frank is currently the top 5 defensive PGs in the league. Ben Simons is up there and I'm sure there's someone else I'm not thinking about.

I wanted Malik Monk in the draft....And was having second thoughts when I saw DSJ highlights. But at the end of the day, Frank was the right move for this team. Defense is becoming extinct. It's not even a recognized skill anymore. But the importance of having defenders at the PG and Center position is still the key to winning championships. Need to guard the penetrator and protect the rim. We have a young Frank and KP at two critical positions.

Sorry but Frankie is so over rated on defense on this site. The guy doing the color last night on msg agrees. Frank is great on defense off the ball- passing lanes but needs to improve on the ball defense. Lets his man beat him off the dribble way too much . Also starting to pick up dumb fouls and needs to cut down on bad passes. Yeah, yeah I know he's 19.

I heard that moron and didn’t know what in Sam Hill he was talking about. Not sure where they found that crumb bum but it seemed like he hadn’t watched a Knicks game prior to lAst night.

That is Hubie Brown's son - he is well respected around the league from what I understand.

Brendan Brown
College - Northwestern '93
Brendan Brown, 32 and son of Hubie Brown, served the last two seasons as the Grizzlies advance scout for Eastern Conference teams and has more than nine years of basketball experience.

Prior to joining the Grizzlies in 2000, he served as an assistant coach at Wake Forest under Head Coach Dave Odom for two seasons ('94-96). During his two-year stint, the Demon Deacons compiled a 52-12 record, winning the ACC Tournament in consecutive seasons.

He also served as video coordinator for the New Jersey Nets from '96-00 a

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/9/2018  12:19 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

This isn't the 90s....It's 2018 and the rules are changed to increase scoring. So the advantages goes to the offensive player. The term "lock down" defender, doesn't exist anymore. So we have to curve our defensive grading scale to match todays offensive no contact rules.

With that said, Frank is going to be the defensive standard for todays young defensive guards. There are no elite guards that can be locked down. All we can ask for is to slow them down. And Frank has the IQ and Physical tools to do that.

I can say this with confidence and without overrating Frank. The fact is I can't remember a better Knicks PG prospect at 19 yrs old in recent knick history. You have to go back to Charlie Ward, and the older PGs, who I've always said Frank is similar to Charlie Ward, which means he's a potential corner stone.

With all these shoot first PGs coming in the league, finding a player who's willing to play defense is a gem. Finding a scoring PG is as easy as searching the G league. Phils drafting era has really impressed me. Eventhough I think KP fell in his lap, he still could've selected someone else. So much props to Phil. and btw I'm far from a Phil homer.

I don't remember what Charlie Ward played like but did you just refer to him as a potential corner stone via Frank comparison? Or maybe that's a word salad and I got mixed up? Frank to me is a potential corner stone but I would never have had Ward in that space.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

1/9/2018  12:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

Most of the top rated defensive PGs in the league. The ones who start against, and defend, the best starting PGs night in and night out. Who know each other's game inside out. Not going up mostly against second units, in limited minutes.

Those PGs are more laterally sound than Frank, because they're used to defending players who are as just as fast north and south, as they are east and west. Some of it has to do with getting around screens. I believe you guys are getting a bit ahead of yourselves.

Still, there's only a handful of those guys this year. Beverly? Out with knee injury. Holiday? Plays 2 now. Conley? Who knows when he'll be back? Frank is up there.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
1/9/2018  12:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2018  12:45 PM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

I don't remember what Charlie Ward played like but did you just refer to him as a potential corner stone via Frank comparison? Or maybe that's a word salad and I got mixed up? Frank to me is a potential corner stone but I would never have had Ward in that space.

Ward was a solid player who did the right things on and off the court. He was always underrated but a solid two way guard. Perfect PG to have next to Players like Houston and Ewing. Both Ward and Frank are players that people over look......But if you look back during his playing time, he held his own for many years and his position and role was solid. I don't remember him being a weakness....and he was able to lead the team like he did as a QB in college. Him and Frank are solid leaders to have on a team. Good guys that play both sides.....and very unselfish. I could be wrong but I never felt like Ward was ever in jeapody of losing his position on the team during the glory days of the 90s. I think Frank has a similar potential at a bear minimum. Surround him with shooters and scorers like we are doing now and his career will take off.

Both are over looked....unselfish.....and held their own. Cornerstone may be a slight over exaggeration..... but Ward was a solid guard.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/9/2018  12:48 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

Ward was a solid player who did the right things on and off the court. He was always underrated but a solid two way guard. Perfect PG to have next to Players like Houston and Ewing. Both Ward and Frank are players that people over look......But if you look back during his playing time, he held his own for many years and his position and role was solid. I don't remember him being a weakness....and he was able to lead the team like he did as a QB in college. Him and Frank are solid leaders to have on a team. Good guys that play both sides.....and very unselfish. I could be wrong but I never felt like Ward was ever in jeapody of losing his position on the team during the glory days of the 90s. I think Frank has a similar potential at a bear minimum. Surround him with shooters and scorers like we are doing now and his career will take off.

Both are over looked....unselfish.....and held their own. Cornerstone may be a slight over exaggeration..... but Ward was a solid guard.

Wasn't Chris Childs signed to be tbe starting PG? Solid is about the most accurate description of Ward. Didn't hurt the team but totally replaceable.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/9/2018  12:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

I’m not seeing Guards consistently shaking Frank unless they get great picks. Can’t really think of too many games where we said he got killed one on one for a game. I’ve seen plenty of times he’s been able to hold top guys down from their normal easy baskets.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/9/2018  1:03 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

OK, that's a fair description. I think Frank has better than Ward potential.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

1/9/2018  1:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2018  1:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

Still, there's only a handful of those guys this year. Beverly? Out with knee injury. Holiday? Plays 2 now. Conley? Who knows when he'll be back? Frank is up there.

Didn't think saying Frank wasnt the best defensive PG in the league as a rookie would be so controversial, lol. Guess it speaks to Frank's defense. Frank hasn't seen everything to be the top defender. Hasnt been sufficiently tested. Frank also has to be able to maintain his D, and contribute more on offense, be more aggresive. That takes stamina.

When Frank carries the load of a starting PG, thats when we'll know he's the best. Not off the bench, against players who dont know him very well, yet. They are learning. When I dont see Frank get juked laterally, off the dribble (easily at times) he'll be in the conversation. PGs out there who are better at staying on their hip, instead of the PG creating space.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/9/2018  1:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

Conley and Beverly are the only two that jump out at me, and Frank is close. GustavBahler.. give me some names, not just you know... those guys.

I will say this... if Frank plays starter minutes next year and defends exactly how he is now he's on an all defensive team next year, no ifs ands or butts. Frank takes Tony Allen's annual spot there starting next year. While Briggs is explaining Trey Young's low FG%s Frank will be on the all defensive team winning us games.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

1/9/2018  1:49 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

Conley and Beverly are the only two that jump out at me, and Frank is close. GustavBahler.. give me some names, not just you know... those guys.

I will say this... if Frank plays starter minutes next year and defends exactly how he is now he's on an all defensive team next year, no ifs ands or butts. Frank takes Tony Allen's annual spot there starting next year. While Briggs is explaining Trey Young's low FG%s Frank will be on the all defensive team winning us games.

So formal, fishmichael. Chris Paul, and anyone else who has a high defensive rating (however you want to slice it) and is getting to the line, taking hits. Frank's game right now is mostly low impact when it comes to being a physical two way player. The best defensive PG in the league to me doesn't get to the line once a week. Cant save it for one end of the court, especially if you're a PG.

Again, Frank is going up mostly against second units, and all of them know nothing about him. When that changes, when Frank is more heavily scouted, when there is more film on him, when he is more of a complete PG, then we can talk. Have a cup of international house coffee.

BigDaddyG

1/9/2018  2:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Some others for context:
Chris Paul .472
Frank .400
Patty Mills .504
Lowry .484
Chris Dunn .494
Steph Curry .452
Kemba .475
Lilliard .489
Wall .467
Kyrie .433
Dennis Smith .543
Jarrtt Jack .512

who is?

Didn't think saying Frank wasnt the best defensive PG in the league as a rookie would be so controversial, lol. Guess it speaks to Frank's defense. Frank hasn't seen everything to be the top defender. Hasnt been sufficiently tested. Frank also has to be able to maintain his D, and contribute more on offense, be more aggresive. That takes stamina.

When Frank carries the load of a starting PG, thats when we'll know he's the best. Not off the bench, against players who dont know him very well, yet. They are learning. When I dont see Frank get juked laterally, off the dribble (easily at times) he'll be in the conversation. PGs out there who are better at staying on their hip, instead of the PG creating space.

No controversy. I understand your point. But there is only a handful of the guys you are referring too off the bat. You have Chris Paul, who you have to rank ahead now...but then who else? Injuries have taken some guys put this year. You want to put Kris Dunn? I'd put Frank ahead. Lowry? I haven't seen his stats, but I have to put him up there. Frank's recovery is what makes him special. Off the switch, on his man he still manages to contest. I get that there's some areas that he can improve. But his defense already ranks with the best as a rookie.
The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy