Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

11/7/2017  4:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Ira wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
The French Prince of Le Marais (a historic neighborhood in Paris )

nixluva wrote:

He's not just a good defender; he's a great one.

Imagine how good he will be in 2-3 years when he will only be 21-22 years old. Its amazing how good is he at such a young age. I also think his offense is underrated. yes he might not be a dynamic scorer but the kid can shoot and I do think eventually will drive more as he gets stronger

we should take everything back about what we (our forum) said about him before the draft lol.
ball has poor shooting percentage, meanwhile even without driving to the hole, frank is finishing with decent numbers and percentages.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/7/2017  4:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
RSparrow2 wrote:I also like to state, not a fan of FN messing up my tank season. As far as his talent, give credit to our scouts. They don't get alot of picks to work with but when they do, they are pretty good....which is why I wanted them to have a high pick this coming year.
I'd rather have the team gel and learn how to win and have the scouts find prime time talent later in the first round (because they're always there).
this. You never stop growth. You maximize it. Give Frank and KP everything they need to succeed. I much prefer to pick 18 because KP and Frank had break out years and we won 45 games. You still have Dotson, Willy and Baker in the pipeline as well. Just keep drafting quality every year. I like these "triangle players" like Frank. Ill take more like them

Of the top 8 guys in minutes 5 are 25 or under. KOQ/Jack/Lee are the old guys. The other 5 are all 25 and under. Thats a great young core and you have some pipeline guys not playing that you expect to step in at some point.

Exactly. And people conveniently forget, if we had pick #2 or #3 these great scouts would've pick either Russell or Okafor. Getting high picks guarantees nothing. Heck look at Philly. Needed six lottery picks to find two studs.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/7/2017  5:48 PM
Phil and his staff deserve the credit for taking KP, Frank and trading for Willy. They also signed KOQ. Good moves at these are the teams most valuable pieces.

Frank will get better and better and does not have an existing Knee problem. Better choice for the long term than Smith, IMO. Defense first. Frank has it.

reub
Member: #6227

11/7/2017  7:07 PM
Ntilikina plays like a giant octopus. When he plays alongside KP they make up our very own OctoPussy.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/7/2017  10:34 PM
One is a point guard the other is a scorer. We needed a point guard. A team player, defenser, passer. Frank is a one of a kind PG. At 19 he is closing out 4th quarter come backs with a handful of games of experience. This is a very different sort of player and you cant really compare him and DSmith. Point is we didn't need a scorer, we lacked a Frank.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  10:35 PM
VDesai wrote:One is a point guard the other is a scorer. We needed a point guard. A team player, defenser, passer. Frank is a one of a kind PG. At 19 he is closing out 4th quarter come backs with a handful of games of experience. This is a very different sort of player and you cant really compare him and DSmith. Point is we didn't need a scorer, we lacked a Frank.
agreed. I actually think franks offense will be a weapon down the line as he matures
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/7/2017  10:59 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Ira wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

nixluva wrote:

Imagine how good he will be in 2-3 years when he will only be 21-22 years old. Its amazing how good is he at such a young age. I also think his offense is underrated. yes he might not be a dynamic scorer but the kid can shoot and I do think eventually will drive more as he gets stronger

we should take everything back about what we (our forum) said about him before the draft lol.
ball has poor shooting percentage, meanwhile even without driving to the hole, frank is finishing with decent numbers and percentages.

I can say with zero regrets I wanted him from the day one. I liked him from the limited footage we had and trusted Phil/Gaines to make the right pick.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Juliano
Member: #7589

11/10/2017  1:06 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Sorry to step in there, but this nickname would imply Frank to be gay... not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think it was your intention.

"Le Marais" is indeed an historic neighborhood in Paris, and it's been know for decades as THE gay district in the french capital.

Plus, Frank isn't from Paris as he grew up in Strasbourg, a small town near the german border. Their local dialect is actually very close to German, but I don't believe Frank speaks it as only families having been there for generations do.

Back to the courts, these are some encourageing stats :

League leaders in steals per minute

League leaders in assists per minute

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2017  1:11 PM
Juliano wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Sorry to step in there, but this nickname would imply Frank to be gay... not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't think it was your intention.

"Le Marais" is indeed an historic neighborhood in Paris, and it's been know for decades as THE gay district in the french capital.

Plus, Frank isn't from Paris as he grew up in Strasbourg, a small town near the german border. Their local dialect is actually very close to German, but I don't believe Frank speaks it as only families having been there for generations do.

welcome. Good first post man. Screw the fancy intro. Lets get into it!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/10/2017  1:12 PM
Juliano wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Is there a neighborhood in Paris that isn't historic????? :-)

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/10/2017  1:19 PM

In one of the papers I saw Frank referred to as the French-ise, which I kind of liked; KP was called the Franchise, of course

(5)(5)
Juliano

11/10/2017  1:21 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Question of scale. As you go away from the city island (Ile de la cité, where the Notre Dame cathedral seats), the less historic it becomes. Or at least the least ancient it becomes.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2017  2:17 PM
Juliano wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Question of scale. As you go away from the city island (Ile de la cité, where the Notre Dame cathedral seats), the less historic it becomes. Or at least the least ancient it becomes.

whats your story? Are you from or currently in the area? Did you know of or follow Frank before the Knicks drafted him?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Juliano

11/10/2017  4:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2017  4:56 PM
fishmike wrote:whats your story? Are you from or currently in the area? Did you know of or follow Frank before the Knicks drafted him?

I'm from Paris (Suburban area) originaly, but I don't live there anymore. I heard about Frank last year a bit before the draft, and I really liked his story so I got caught in reading things about him. It really amazed me how his mother could raise three children, work two jobs in a foreign country, and see them turn into a surgeon, a physical therapist and an NBA player. I was curious about how his NBA career would go, because being a lottery pick is no guarantee of success, but I thought that the values he's been taught (humility, work ethic) would provide a solid basement to build upon.

So far it looks like he's on the right path, taking it slowly. His qualities as a defender mean the coach can give him minutes knowing he's not going to be a liability for the team, his passing has been good as his 5th ranking in assist per minutes shows. His scoring is obviously still a work in progress but his shooting mechanics looks sound so the numbers should increase gradually. I read people are concerned with him not attacking the rim enough, but for all we know it could just be instructions from the coaching staff. It would be understandable for them not to want Frank to take a battering from the Draymond Greens of this world before he has matured physically. I think he could be a 10 points-7assists player by the end of the season, and you could be looking at a 15-20 ppg/10 assists/ 5 rebounds player in 3 years.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/10/2017  6:21 PM
I know this may be with Knick colored glasses on, but if he stays healthy I feel Frank is going to be the best point guard of his draft. I see Lonzo Ball, I see Fultz and DSJ. I think Frank has immense talent to work with and has that work hard, gym rat mentality.

He may not become a 25 points a night scorer but he has no flaws in his game that can't be fixed.
Lonzo's shot is awful, ugly. Frank's shot looks smooth.
Fultz and DSJ again, don't think they are really point guards, more like Derrick Rose at peak maybe types. Score, score and attack the defense.

Then factor defense. Man, Frank blows everyone away on D right now out of his draft class.

It all depends on what type of work he does in the offseason, but he strikes me as a hard worker who lives to play and perform. I think we made a great choice with this guy.

reub
Member: #6227

11/10/2017  6:30 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I know this may be with Knick colored glasses on, but if he stays healthy I feel Frank is going to be the best point guard of his draft. I see Lonzo Ball, I see Fultz and DSJ. I think Frank has immense talent to work with and has that work hard, gym rat mentality.

He may not become a 25 points a night scorer but he has no flaws in his game that can't be fixed.
Fultz and DSJ again, don't think they are really point guards, more like Derrick Rose at peak maybe types. Score, score and attack the defense.

Then factor defense. Man, Frank blows everyone away on D right now out of his draft class.

It all depends on what type of work he does in the offseason, but he strikes me as a hard worker who lives to play and perform. I think we made a great choice with this guy.

But what about DSJr's pointz and dunks? Fultz's magnetism? Ball's vision? Mitchell's enthusiasm? Monk's shooting?

I'd take Frank over all of them right now because he's fundamentally sound, a team player first, a winner, and a defensive gem with a great attitude.

Ira
Member: #91
11/10/2017  6:57 PM
Frank is probably the best defensively of the rookie point guards and second to Ball as a passer. He does need to improve his shot and his penetration. I'm confident he will do both.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/10/2017  7:13 PM
Just for comparisons sake - here are there per 36 minute numbers

Frank 8.4 points 9.1 assists 3.4 rebounds 2.8 steals
Ball 9.7 points 7.5 assists 7.0 rebounds 1.3 steals usage rate is 19.2

PER
Frank 8.5
Ball 8.9

Frank's shooting better than Ball as well.

This is the #2 pick in the draft, and the guy that is the man of the Lakers right now.
I know Ball is a rookie and will get loads better with time, but Frank's in the same boat. He's a year younger, better defensively and has a better looking shot.

I know sounds crazy, but right now, I'd say Frank is as good as any rookie point guard in the league right now. It helps that all the rookies are struggling or not playing great basketball or not real point guards. Regardless, we chose him at 9 not 2. So for 9, man what a good pick in my opinion. He's two years away from even being close to where he needs to be. The talent is clearly there.

He's right away added a dimension to the team with his defense and pass first mindset.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/10/2017  7:58 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Ira wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

nixluva wrote:

I will eat it

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/10/2017  8:02 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I know this may be with Knick colored glasses on, but if he stays healthy I feel Frank is going to be the best point guard of his draft. I see Lonzo Ball, I see Fultz and DSJ. I think Frank has immense talent to work with and has that work hard, gym rat mentality.

lonzo has the ugliest shot in the NBA from the PG spot

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy