[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

11/6/2017  10:39 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:The Kid had a great game. He shut down all of the Pacers back court penetration in the 4th Quarter. He made aome HUGE 3pt. shots and showed signs of what he can be once he gets more confidence and decides to penetrate. Had a couple of good looking drives. Usual good cpurt vision. BIG reason why we won this game!! He played like a bonafied top 10 pick. If he continues to play like this and improve I can gladly say he will prove me wrong. Great game.

Don't recall Jerian Grant having games like this two years ago and that's even with him being 4 years older at the time.
AUTOADVERT
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
11/6/2017  11:18 AM
Im starting to hate this kid. He is screwing up my tank!
I bleed orange and blue for life.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2017  11:29 AM
reub
Member: #6227

11/6/2017  11:39 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Tonight showed why frank is the better prospect and the supior player... franks vision is incredible he makes all of his teammates better when hes on the court. He’s one of those pg’s that passes the ball in the perfect spots for his teammates to score easily. His defense on Collison was spectacular he shut down a very good vet point guard at 19. Franks game produces wins not just highlights, Porzingis and frank are already building chemistry this is the start to something BIG !

Thanks Phil Jackson your the Best !!!!!

I endorse the above comments.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/6/2017  2:12 PM
Heard Hahn on Sunday for a few minutes, just by chance. Not sure he was a Ntilikina fan, but he sounded extremely wary of Smith's knee and what it might mean down the road.

Don't know if he has any special sources, but he seemed to imply this might be a continuous issue for Smith, and that swelling in the injured knee should be a concern.

Just saying.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/6/2017  2:22 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Heard Hahn on Sunday for a few minutes, just by chance. Not sure he was a Ntilikina fan, but he sounded extremely wary of Smith's knee and what it might mean down the road.

Don't know if he has any special sources, but he seemed to imply this might be a continuous issue for Smith, and that swelling in the injured knee should be a concern.

Just saying.

Even if the knee wasn’t a issue frank is the supior player, this thread is becoming silly because frank and DSJ are uncomparable DSJ could never and will never bring the defense or team play that frankie brings on a nightly basis. It’s like comparing stephon marbury to Tony Parker, its just silly. One is a winner the other is a highlight reel when healthy, I and every team in the nba would take a winning team player with supior defense and court vision/IQ over a highlight reel that doesn’t equal wins.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/6/2017  2:24 PM
just to restate the obvious here: what happens this year and the year after is somewhat irrelevant... it takes some time to master the PG position in the pros. Teams are also going to scout both players and their efficiency could be less than it is today

I like Frank's approach, I like his length, I like his vision, I LOVE HIS DEFENSE... Smith has game and is paying immediate dividends. His knee is worrisome, yes, but I think that NCST had to clean house last season because he performed so poorly in terms of wins and losses is even more troubling.

I think both Frank and Dennis have a lot to prove and it is going to take some time for both to demonstrate consistency. Frank needs to produce (he looks good but hasn't necessarily had a ton of production) and Dennis needs to win (he has great numbers this year but the Mavs have only won one game and are the worst team in the NBA)

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Ira
Member: #91
11/6/2017  2:25 PM
reub wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Tonight showed why frank is the better prospect and the supior player... franks vision is incredible he makes all of his teammates better when hes on the court. He’s one of those pg’s that passes the ball in the perfect spots for his teammates to score easily. His defense on Collison was spectacular he shut down a very good vet point guard at 19. Franks game produces wins not just highlights, Porzingis and frank are already building chemistry this is the start to something BIG !

Thanks Phil Jackson your the Best !!!!!

I endorse the above comments.

I endorse the endorsement.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/6/2017  2:25 PM
I'd like to admit being wrong. Frank was the right pick.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/6/2017  5:27 PM
franco12 wrote:I'd like to admit being wrong. Frank was the right pick.

he is such a smart defender for his age,
ES
reub
Member: #6227

11/6/2017  6:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

That's the thing about Frank. His defense is so stellar that we can allow him to slowly grow his offensive game on the job. We've got a lot of offensive options so that if he just distributes the ball and hits a few open threes he's a tremendous plus for us out there. When he perfects his offense over time he could be all world.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/6/2017  6:28 PM
reub wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That's the thing about Frank. His defense is so stellar that we can allow him to slowly grow his offensive game on the job. We've got a lot of offensive options so that if he just distributes the ball and hits a few open threes he's a tremendous plus for us out there.

He's already a pretty good distributor.

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/rookies/sort/assistRatio

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg/sort/assistRatio

Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/6/2017  6:34 PM

The French Prince of Le Marais (a historic neighborhood in Paris )

nixluva wrote:
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Ira
Member: #91
11/7/2017  7:12 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

nixluva wrote:

He's not just a good defender; he's a great one.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  7:28 AM
Ira wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

nixluva wrote:

He's not just a good defender; he's a great one.

Imagine how good he will be in 2-3 years when he will only be 21-22 years old. Its amazing how good is he at such a young age. I also think his offense is underrated. yes he might not be a dynamic scorer but the kid can shoot and I do think eventually will drive more as he gets stronger
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/7/2017  11:37 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

nixluva wrote:
Not sure I like him switching so much.
Welpee

11/7/2017  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  12:06 PM
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2017/11/06/mavs-dennis-smith-jr-stacks-seasons-crop-rookies-one-area-concern
What part of Dennis Smith Jr's game has concerned you the most so far?
Defense bothers me, but it's not really a concern because virtually every rookie needs to learn how to play better defense.
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

11/7/2017  2:36 PM
I also like to state, not a fan of FN messing up my tank season. As far as his talent, give credit to our scouts. They don't get alot of picks to work with but when they do, they are pretty good....which is why I wanted them to have a high pick this coming year.
Welpee

11/7/2017  3:01 PM
RSparrow2 wrote:I also like to state, not a fan of FN messing up my tank season. As far as his talent, give credit to our scouts. They don't get alot of picks to work with but when they do, they are pretty good....which is why I wanted them to have a high pick this coming year.
I'd rather have the team gel and learn how to win and have the scouts find prime time talent later in the first round (because they're always there).
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/7/2017  3:18 PM
Welpee wrote:
RSparrow2 wrote:I also like to state, not a fan of FN messing up my tank season. As far as his talent, give credit to our scouts. They don't get alot of picks to work with but when they do, they are pretty good....which is why I wanted them to have a high pick this coming year.
I'd rather have the team gel and learn how to win and have the scouts find prime time talent later in the first round (because they're always there).
this. You never stop growth. You maximize it. Give Frank and KP everything they need to succeed. I much prefer to pick 18 because KP and Frank had break out years and we won 45 games. You still have Dotson, Willy and Baker in the pipeline as well. Just keep drafting quality every year. I like these "triangle players" like Frank. Ill take more like them

Of the top 8 guys in minutes 5 are 25 or under. KOQ/Jack/Lee are the old guys. The other 5 are all 25 and under. Thats a great young core and you have some pipeline guys not playing that you expect to step in at some point.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy