Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/28/2017  3:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:One of the things that Ntilikina does on D is to constantly disrupt the timing of the Opposing Offense. First he's pressuring the ball and slowing down the PG advance of the ball. This allows our defense to get set. Then in the Half court he's so active on the perimeter and as a TEAM defender he's paying attention to cutters and giving help. He gets his hands up and fights over screens. Overall it just leads to a better defensive presence.

Ntilikina is the kind of 2Way stud this team needs. Can't wait for Dotson to develop as well. He's got that 2Way stud quality as well.

He also seemed to inspire better overall team defense when he was in there. I noticed in the brief amount of time he has played that when he and Lee are in the game together good things happen defensively.

+100

He's so long. The wingspan thing has become a mockery but man did you see it last night! He looks like a 7 footer. He reminds me of Shawn Marion who was like 6'6 but has those insane long arms and was strong. Frank could end up having a build like that. Regardless the kid showed you glimpses of everything in the scouting report we drafted him for.
Court vision? Check
Defense? Check
Great passing? Check
NBA handle? Check
High IQ? Check
winning impact: Check

We got what I have been harping on. Good guard play. That simple. Jack and Frank were great. What a difference

Frank looked good last night. Seems like he will be a tough defender for most smaller guards. Will be good to see him take advantage of his height and length on offense as well. He had good court awareness and seemed much more comfortable. Very quick to help on defense. Hoping he is able to add to the good performance on Sunday.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2017  4:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:Nitty is a different type of PG. IMO he’s more in the mold of a Billups. Big, Long, Strong, High IQ and Defensive PG!

Where you at Bigred! Shits legit son! :P

More Evidence of Ntilikina’s Court Vision in this game.

I'm a believer in the kid now. From what I've seen up until this point I was not impressed. Now with a full games worth of work I see his game and the intangibles he brings. He's under control and smooth. Kid sees the floor well on both ends. He's a pro basketball player.

Kid still can't create his own shot too much. Defenses can key in on that. Flipside to that is he's a decent finisher if they let him into the lane.

not being able to penetrate is a problem but if he can shoot the 3 at a 40% clip he can still be a weapon. I'm just glad I finally saw some hope for him.

I'm not really knocking him.... I'm just glad I can speak on him based on something real. I know he can see the floor on both ends and is under control. I expect nothing less from him. Young Fella is just getting started.

You guys are just awestruck...it's probably been a while since you saw a real point guard in a Knicks uniform, not someone who just gets assists because they're caught up in the air and they can't get their shot off lmao. All a fancy crossover does is get you from point A to point B. You can accomplish the same thing by utilizing screens and reading the defense.
sorry but this is the lamest post ever dude.

Nobody is starting a parade here. However in his first real chunk of NBA action you see EXACTLY what we drafted him for and at age 19 vs. NBA players, and the highest scoring offense in the early goings. Nets arent a great team but they have a lot of decent players and are far better than last year.

We were down I believe 7-8 points when Frank checked in and he had an immediate impact with his passing and defense. Im sorry but when you see this kids fundamentals, size and court vision after a game like that and you ARENT excited you need a new hobby. These kind of pops are what makes the process enjoyable. He will have set backs and tough games and bad shooting nights and 5 fouls in 8 minutes and thats part of it too....

But the "triangle PG" Phil Jackson BS can just go away. This kis is a crazy long player with a super high IQ. As he grows into his body we have a PG with court vision that can potentially defend 4 positions. Dudes 19. Have toke and enjoy the rookie's good night.

Don't see what's lame. I was stating how impressive Frank is without being flashy. I mean...if you want Im sure I could pick through you're post and find plenty of "lame" stuff you've said

total apology. I misread. I thought you were saying whoop de doo and fans were just awestruck by simply quality play. I didnt realize you were saying you were impressed by his play or missed it. My bad. Im glad. Nothing crazy but we got a nice taste of why he was drafted. Substance over style. Im with you. Sorry again.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
10/28/2017  4:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:One of the things that Ntilikina does on D is to constantly disrupt the timing of the Opposing Offense. First he's pressuring the ball and slowing down the PG advance of the ball. This allows our defense to get set. Then in the Half court he's so active on the perimeter and as a TEAM defender he's paying attention to cutters and giving help. He gets his hands up and fights over screens. Overall it just leads to a better defensive presence.

Ntilikina is the kind of 2Way stud this team needs. Can't wait for Dotson to develop as well. He's got that 2Way stud quality as well.

He also seemed to inspire better overall team defense when he was in there. I noticed in the brief amount of time he has played that when he and Lee are in the game together good things happen defensively.

+100

He's so long. The wingspan thing has become a mockery but man did you see it last night! He looks like a 7 footer. He reminds me of Shawn Marion who was like 6'6 but has those insane long arms and was strong. Frank could end up having a build like that. Regardless the kid showed you glimpses of everything in the scouting report we drafted him for.
Court vision? Check
Defense? Check
Great passing? Check
NBA handle? Check
High IQ? Check

We got what I have been harping on. Good guard play. That simple. Jack and Frank were great. What a difference

Frank looked good last night. Seems like he will be a tough defender for most smaller guards. Will be good to see him take advantage of his height and length on offense as well. He had good court awareness and seemed much more comfortable. Very quick to help on defense. Hoping he is able to add to the good performance on Sunday.

glad you saw him live. He's so long on I know watching on tv that makes guys look slower than they are. When you see him live Im sure you saw the quickness and ground he can cover.

Again... no parade, but its soooooo good to see a slice of what his potential is. BK had been scoring at a high pace. We crushed them in the paint and harassed them on the wings. Frank was huge in that. Those videos nix posted we great. Frank eats up space.

HofstraBBall

10/28/2017  6:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

+100

Court vision? Check
Defense? Check
Great passing? Check
NBA handle? Check
High IQ? Check

glad you saw him live. He's so long on I know watching on tv that makes guys look slower than they are. When you see him live Im sure you saw the quickness and ground he can cover.

Again... no parade, but its soooooo good to see a slice of what his potential is. BK had been scoring at a high pace. We crushed them in the paint and harassed them on the wings. Frank was huge in that. Those videos nix posted we great. Frank eats up space.

He covers ground like he is a six foot speed guard. Was impressed. Think he will build on his offense as he gets more confident. JH has the reputation of slowly giving young players the freedom to be more aggressive. Curious to see him against some of the attack guards. Lavert was horrible and Russell had a bumb ankle and did not try much.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
USA
10/29/2017  11:05 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

+100

Court vision? Check
Defense? Check
Great passing? Check
NBA handle? Check
High IQ? Check

He covers ground like he is a six foot speed guard. Was impressed. Think he will build on his offense as he gets more confident. JH has the reputation of slowly giving young players the freedom to be more aggressive. Curious to see him against some of the attack guards. Lavert was horrible and Russell had a bumb ankle and did not try much.

I read a quote today from Hornecek saying the first thing that impressed the staff about him was how he fought over screens.

This was also cute read:

CLEVELAND — Romeo Travis plans to send LeBron James a text Sunday:

“Watch out for Frank.’’

Travis, who plays in the French League, is one of James’ best friends, dating to their high-school days in Akron, teammates at St. Vincent-St. Mary.

Last season, Travis, a power forward, and Knicks’ rookie point guard Frank Ntilikina were teammates for Strasbourg, which made the French League Finals, losing in a decisive Game 5.

Travis was delighted to hear of Ntilikina’s rousing Garden debut in which he got several ovations coming in and out of the contest Friday against the Nets. Now Ntilikina will face the Cavaliers and LeBron James for the first time Sunday.

“LeBron’s very knowledgeable about basketball, he knows about Frank and his background,’’ Travis told The Post from France. “I just hope Frank doesn’t have to guard him, though.”

Travis, who has moved on to play for LeMans, isn’t surprised about Ntilikina’s nine-point, five-assist, defensive-strong outing.

Modal Trigger
Romeo Travis played at Akron in college.AP
“He can score but he’s not going to score a lot,’’ Travis said. “He’s just a guy who’s going to make a team better and that’s what he did for us. He may not even get a bunch of assists, but the swing, swing, hockey assist and make the right play.’’

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/29/2017  9:52 PM
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
10/29/2017  10:01 PM
Im really excited for frank. You can tell that this year is an adjustment for him. It is the first time he is going up against players with high athletisism, but the IQ and his gamesmanship is sky high.

I like what Hornaceck is doing with bringing him slowly and how Mills and Perry are surrounding him with solid vets in jack,sessions,lee and thomas.

Once the trades to fix the roster happens, its key that we still maintain the veteran to guide him.

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/31/2017  7:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2017  7:33 AM
If DSJr had a monster game people would jump all over it. Last night he puts up 17 min, 2 pts, 1 assist, 4 to, -21 +/- and not a peep? Not to mention Dallas is now 1-7.
fishmike
USA
10/31/2017  8:36 AM
Welpee wrote:If DSJr had a monster game people would jump all over it. Last night he puts up 17 min, 2 pts, 1 assist, 4 to, -21 +/- and not a peep? Not to mention Dallas is now 1-7.
yea he's just another guy on another team. There were a lot of dudes saying dumb stuff... how not picking him would set us back many years, how Frank was only a wingspan guy, wasnt a PG and my favorite "is only a triangle pick."

Who cares... Frank is here, at 19 playing in the NBA and looks great. He's a true PG, he's shown a drive, a jumper, court vision, great defense and great size. He's a cool dude and all about team. Who knows what his upside is or how good be becomes, but I feel pretty good about the guy we drafted.

nixluva
USA
10/31/2017  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2017  9:04 AM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:If DSJr had a monster game people would jump all over it. Last night he puts up 17 min, 2 pts, 1 assist, 4 to, -21 +/- and not a peep? Not to mention Dallas is now 1-7.
yea he's just another guy on another team. There were a lot of dudes saying dumb stuff... how not picking him would set us back many years, how Frank was only a wingspan guy, wasnt a PG and my favorite "is only a triangle pick."

Who cares... Frank is here, at 19 playing in the NBA and looks great. He's a true PG, he's shown a drive, a jumper, court vision, great defense and great size. He's a cool dude and all about team. Who knows what his upside is or how good be becomes, but I feel pretty good about the guy we drafted.

Not a great game but look at the hustle plays!

HofstraBBall

10/31/2017  10:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2017  10:15 AM
fishmike wrote:

Wait wait wait. So Frank 5,2,2 (See Nix's many posts of video) and he is now better. I mean I like Frank but lets stay the course. And what happened to all the talk of "Lets wait while to see who pans out" when DSJR has a good game? Lmao. But yes, Dallas is not a good team. If you watch the games, Dirk looks like he broke his hip. But DSJR has been a very good fascilitator, thus far. And yes, he had a bad game. I really hope tha Frank proves me wrong. But my point has always been, the 8th pick is where you take a guy that can be a break out star not a solid defender that can be had in later rounds. So far, bad game or not, if you watch both guys, DSJR seems like he has that break out star potential and Frank seems like the solid defender.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/31/2017  10:14 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Wait wait wait. So Frank 5,2,2( See Nix's many posts of video) and he is now better. I mean I like Frank but lets staty the course. And what happened to all the talk of "Lets wait while to see who pans out" when DSJR has a good game? Lmao. But yes, Dallas is not a good team. If you watch the games, Dirk looks like he broke his hip. But DSJR has been a very good fascilitator, thus far. And yes, he had a bad game. I really hope tha Frank proves me wrong. But my point has always been, the 8th pick is where you take a guy that can be a break out star not a solid defender that can be had in later rounds. So far, bad game or not, if you watch both guys, DSJR seems like he has that break out star potential and Frank seems like the solid defender.

Eyes of the beholder. For me, Frank being a solid defender is the rock bottom of what he could be.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
USA
10/31/2017  10:20 AM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Wait wait wait. So Frank 5,2,2( See Nix's many posts of video) and he is now better. I mean I like Frank but lets staty the course. And what happened to all the talk of "Lets wait while to see who pans out" when DSJR has a good game? Lmao. But yes, Dallas is not a good team. If you watch the games, Dirk looks like he broke his hip. But DSJR has been a very good fascilitator, thus far. And yes, he had a bad game. I really hope tha Frank proves me wrong. But my point has always been, the 8th pick is where you take a guy that can be a break out star not a solid defender that can be had in later rounds. So far, bad game or not, if you watch both guys, DSJR seems like he has that break out star potential and Frank seems like the solid defender.

Eyes of the beholder. For me, Frank being a solid defender is the rock bottom of what he could be.

Exactly! Nitty is a PG and it would be easy to call his own number more! He has WAY more that he could be doing but he’s a WINNING player who isn’t looking to be a highlight king. He does what the team needs. There will come a time when Nitty looks for his offense more but he’s not forcing the issue, which is great. For him it’s about TEAM first.

HofstraBBall

10/31/2017  10:24 AM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I agree. And btw, this banter is not about Frank, imo. He is a Knick and I will always root for him. This back and forth with Fish (Or anyone else) is about the 8th pick. As I have said many times, think that a player like Frank (Average offensive game but athletic in build for defense) could have been obtained with a later pick. (See DOTSON).

To me its like an NFL team picking a lineman as their first round pick. Yes they are extremely important but to me, I see your first rounder as a QB, RB or WR. Guys that can impact the game with one play. Linemans can be taken in later rounds. Do you pick Steph Curry, who was considered undersized and one dimensional or an Earl Clark, who was considered a physical specimen, in 2009?

HofstraBBall

10/31/2017  10:25 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Exactly! Nitty is a PG and it would be easy to call his own number more! He has WAY more that he could be doing but he’s a WINNING player who isn’t looking to be a highlight king. He does what the team needs. There will come a time when Nitty looks for his offense more but he’s not forcing the issue, which is great. For him it’s about TEAM first.

A JET fan would appreciate this analogy. Lol

I agree. And btw, this banter is not about Frank, imo. He is a Knick and I will always root for him. This back and forth with Fish (Or anyone else) is about the 8th pick. As I have said many times, think that a player like Frank (Average offensive game but athletic in build for defense) could have been obtained with a later pick. (See DOTSON).
To me its like an NFL team picking a lineman as their first round pick. Yes they are extremely important but to me, I see your first rounder as a QB, RB or WR. Guys that can impact the game with one play. Linemans can be taken in later rounds. Do you pick Steph Curry, who was considered undersized and one dimensional or an Earl Clark, who was considered a physical specimen, in 2009?

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/31/2017  10:34 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

When Frank gets comfortable he will display more...also make more mistakes which he can learn from.....when I used to played regularly...and played against dudes I knew used to play around the city...I was a bit hesitent until I got in the flow and saw how they played and then my flair started showing and playing to their competition...the talent was there, but people forget basketball is a mental game as well....when you have confidence that you can hang with guys you will start making moves that u would do regularly with your boys or folks you play with regularly...there is no judgment with them..u know that they know u can play....

Frank is still feeling himself out.....good example is his shooting the first couple of outings.....now he buries a 3 in a close game with no hessy.....it will be the same thing with his handle...he will learn how to better protect the ball and use the Euro shiftness.....

nixluva
USA
10/31/2017  10:39 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I see Frank as an Atypical 8th Pick but he’s more like Kawhi. He’s SO Special on D and with intangibles that you can’t look at him like a typical scoring star type. There actually aren’t any guys later in the draft that match Nitty’s abilities. His IQ is very high. You can see how he sees the floor and anticipates. If he was more selfish people wouldn’t have so many doubts about his value level.

I get the feeling that if the team NEEDED him to score that he’d look for his shot more. Instead he picks his spots.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/31/2017  10:40 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Exactly, Frank is the QB we picked in the first round. It's easier to find 3 and D wings later in the draft. But Frank has the potential to be an impact, two-way player at the PG slot. Way harder to find. Frank's court vision seems above average, to me anyway, and he seems a bit ahead of schedule in terms of running a team. Nothing average about that. Almost every mock draft had him in the lottery, even before our interest in him was leaked. By your logic, Frank was an obvious choice for us. You can argue whether or not we should have picked DSjr, but the argument that Frank wasn't worthy of a lottery pick is weaker.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/31/2017  10:41 AM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I see Frank as an Atypical 8th Pick but he’s more like Kawhi. He’s SO Special on D and with intangibles that you can’t look at him like a typical scoring star type. There actually aren’t any guys later in the draft that match Nitty’s abilities. His IQ is very high. You can see how he sees the floor and anticipates. If he was more selfish people wouldn’t have so many doubts about his value level.

I get the feeling that if the team NEEDED him to score that he’d look for his shot more. Instead he picks his spots.

I actually see a little bit of Rondo in his game. Hopefully, with a better shot which he looks like he does.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/31/2017  10:51 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Wait wait wait. So Frank 5,2,2 (See Nix's many posts of video) and he is now better. I mean I like Frank but lets stay the course. And what happened to all the talk of "Lets wait while to see who pans out" when DSJR has a good game? Lmao. But yes, Dallas is not a good team. If you watch the games, Dirk looks like he broke his hip. But DSJR has been a very good fascilitator, thus far. And yes, he had a bad game. I really hope tha Frank proves me wrong. But my point has always been, the 8th pick is where you take a guy that can be a break out star not a solid defender that can be had in later rounds. So far, bad game or not, if you watch both guys, DSJR seems like he has that break out star potential and Frank seems like the solid defender.

I completely disagree, DSJ’s are a dime a dozen. What separates him from a d rose or step marbury, nothing. His defense is marginal at best and he takes plays off and although he gets assists he doesn’t really do anything to make your team better, very much like a D rose in his stats don’t translate into wins. DSJ is a flash in the pan, on quite possibly the worst team in the nba.

Frank has Played 21 minutes as his high minute mark, in the three games frank has played we have won all three and frank has made contributions on both ends. One thing people don’t realize is, frank is a pass first pg in the form of a ball he just always makes the right pass, and his play makes the game easier for his teammates. He’s also a sharp shooter, which we will see once the bright lights dim for him.

With KP breaking out into super stardom, and the savy vet play of jack. We couldn’t have put frank in a better position to become a future star player. He’s getting to watch a guy like jack just set up his teammates and have a positive impact on the game frank is seeing what it takes to get wins in the nba. That’s way more valuable then crossing up your defender and throwing down a monster dunk while taking a play off on the defensive side to negate the play.

The NBA is changing and NBA GM’s are getting smarter that’s why a player like Dennis smith slid in the draft all the way to 9 because his play although highlight reel worthy, just doesn’t translate into NBA wins.

While Franks game only benefits your team in every way making the game easier for his teammates on both ends of the floor. Frank could care less if he shoots the entire game as long as his team wins. Frank is not just a OK solid defender he has potential to be one of the best if not the best defensive guards in the NBA, as well as a top pass first pg. That my friend is a future star in the making. I see a lot of Clyde in franks game!

I take frank over DSJ everyday of the week for this knicks team.

The Official Frank Ntilikina Versus DSJr Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy