[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Poll: Should the Off Topic Political Threads Be Moved to the Off Topic Section

Author Poll
Rookie
Member: #2274

Personally, I come here to access daily basketball discussions and would prefer the Non Basketball related topics to go back where they are intended to be, in the off topic section. They can still easily be accessed by those who contribute to off topic subjects there.
Yes: Now that there is Basketball to discuss
No: It belongs in the Basketball Discussion Section
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/22/2017  8:48 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
arkrud wrote:
arkrud wrote:There is a reason why certain off-topics are kept on Knicks main blog.
They are important for moderators and majority of the posters.
And they are rather comforting place to pad each other on the shoulder for people with similar views.
When minority posters were posting opposite views in this threads this was annoying and I realized this and stopped posting.
Moving them to off-topic blog should remove the opportunity to see opposite views completely.
So realizing that sport blog is a place to get away from sad realities of live I think it is better not to see them in main blog and so avoid annoying reading posts.

I would also add blog for African American Studies and Progressive Liberal blog.
I see many targeted discussions on this topics. But will it still be a sport blog?

This. Why have an off topic category if these things stay? I get that some posters need to have a dopamine hit by attacking others but why can't the off topic take care of that?

The issue is that unfortunately most of us don't ever check the off-topic sub-forums. I don't mind if things that are OT stay here for a little while. I hope the Yankees thread I started stays for at least a few more days since people are reflecting on the season.
AUTOADVERT
izybx
Member: #1178
USA
10/22/2017  4:19 PM
People are unable to have a reasonable discussion about politics these days. I already am bombarded with political propaganda all day, if I want to hear about whatever the thing people are getting outraged about i would go to a political site
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/22/2017  4:52 PM
Shouldn't this thread have been started in the off-topic forum?
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/22/2017  9:08 PM
izybx wrote:People are unable to have a reasonable discussion about politics these days. I already am bombarded with political propaganda all day, if I want to hear about whatever the thing people are getting outraged about i would go to a political site

Yes, this forum should only be for being outraged about the Knicks and for being unable to have reasonable discussions about basketball.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
10/22/2017  9:49 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
izybx wrote:People are unable to have a reasonable discussion about politics these days. I already am bombarded with political propaganda all day, if I want to hear about whatever the thing people are getting outraged about i would go to a political site

Yes, this forum should only be for being outraged about the Knicks and for being unable to have reasonable discussions about basketball.

Basically. Why does your pissing match with Briggs have to be front and center?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/23/2017  8:53 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Excellent question.
Knickoftime

10/23/2017  12:55 PM
jrodmc wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Excellent question.

I'm not in pissing match with Briggs.

Briggs was suspended by Martin for his conduct, not by me.

Personally I think the issue of placement of a thread title is silly. But more and more I'm starting to wonder if what Ultimate Knicks and its members want is to brush this...

BRIGGS wrote:Almost every man has grabbed a woman by the ***** martin--I think were adult enough to concede it happens.

... under the rug and pretend it never happened.

I don't remember Off-Topic being issue until a forum member who apparently has grandfathered status began posting utterly indefensible things.

Coincidence? You guys tell me.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/23/2017  1:01 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Excellent question.

Personally I think the issue of placement of a thread title is silly. But more and more I'm starting to wonder if what Ultimate Knicks and its members want is to brush this...

BRIGGS wrote:Almost every man has grabbed a woman by the ***** martin--I think were adult enough to concede it happens.

I don't remember Off-Topic being issue until a forum member who apparently has grandfathered status began posting utterly indefensible things.

Those remarks were indefensible and he got immediately called out on it.

Why do you suggest that it's under the rug and the rest of everyone is pretending they never happened because they aren't brought front and center to attention?

Also, what are you suggesting as a way to move forward on that subject? I haven't heard that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

10/23/2017  2:08 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Excellent question.

Those remarks were indefensible and he got immediately called out on it.

I'm of the belief some remarks should be called out and some remarks should be unacceptable. Those are two different things.

Why do you suggest that it's under the rug and the rest of everyone is pretending they never happened because they aren't brought front and center to attention?

Martin, our last few exchanges were you asking me why I wasn't dropping the topic. This thread is about a seemingly new movement to keep off-topic threads off the main board by rule. I've seen his post defended as political viewpoints. Gustuv posted support (what strikes me as implied acceptance of the comments) going so far as to mischaracterize Briggs as being here solely for basketball oddly ignoring the fact Briggs is the most prolific off-topic poster here.

All this together strikes me as an effort just to forget the things that happen happened.

Also, what are you suggesting as a way to move forward on that subject? I haven't heard that.

While healthy debate and discussion is fine, please refrain from rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. If it's severe enough you will lose your account privileges.

I'd like to see Ultimate Knicks take the stand there were more than a few things that were severe enough. In this very thread he's deflecting and blaming others for his words, so there seems to be no acknowledgment of why his posts were wrong.

I get it puts you in an uncomfortable position. I get it would be unpopular with some members of this forum. I'm experiencing that myself. But I don't care. I'd rather be unpopular than not acknowledge the "severity" of what occurred.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/23/2017  2:44 PM
Knickoftime wrote:I'd like to see Ultimate Knicks take the stand there were more than a few things that were severe enough.

What does that mean?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime

10/23/2017  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/23/2017  3:24 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:I'd like to see Ultimate Knicks take the stand there were more than a few things that were severe enough.

What does that mean?

It means to follow your own guidelines.

While healthy debate and discussion is fine, please refrain from rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. If it's severe enough you will lose your account privileges.

There's no "temporarily" in that sentence.

The better question is, why haven't you lost his account privileges? It wasn't severe enough?

Knickoftime

10/24/2017  10:22 AM
martin wrote:

What does that mean?

I answered your question directly Martin. Can you do me the courtesy of answering mine?

Knickoftime

10/25/2017  11:18 AM
martin wrote:Why do you suggest that it's under the rug and the rest of everyone is pretending they never happened because they aren't brought front and center to attention?

THIS is why...

Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:

What does that mean?

I answered your question directly Martin. Can you do me the courtesy of answering mine?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2017  11:57 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Excellent question.

You don't remember? There have been requests in the past asking that non-Knick threads be moved to Off Topic, to the NBA Forum, etc.

I think the coincidence has more to do with your supposed idea that your level of outrage needs to be acknowledged at a level you deem appropriate. Like you mentioned, BRIGGS had his login suspended.

Congrats, now you're in a pissing match with martin.

Knickoftime

10/25/2017  12:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:I think the coincidence has more to do with your supposed idea that your level of outrage needs to be acknowledged at a level you deem appropriate.

Yes.

Congrats, now you're in a pissing match with martin.

He asked me a question I answered it. I am asking him to answer mine.

So if you'd like to call it that, okay.

As a person who hasn't posted repugnant, offensive, indefensible things here, I can live with that.

izybx
USA
10/25/2017  5:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Excellent question.

He needs an audience for his question to always be right

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/25/2017  6:51 PM

...I'm not regularly on the forum but the only time you seem to comment is in politic/social threads. I honestly can't remember you once commenting on basketball/Knicks stuff in the 4 or so years I've been a member. So for a guy that's tired of being "bombarded" with political discourse, you seem to have a peculiar tendency to find your way into them.

Now if you'll excuse me, back to my "boyfriend"...

izybx
USA
10/25/2017  8:19 PM
And I don't want to see your vacuous musings when I want to read about my Knicks
Poll: Should the Off Topic Political Threads Be Moved to the Off Topic Section

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy