[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The players we will hate
Author Thread
mlby1215
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6486

10/20/2017  12:15 PM
Every year we have some players we hate deeply, and this year sure it is not going to be all sun and flowers.

Last year it was D.Rose, Noah and Sasha? Phil and Rambis were always hated but they were not players.

This year I predict they will be

( Below comes from one of my post. When I think about it, I find it that it is pretty interesting. Will my predication be right? Or will we hate someone else? )

Kanter
Reason?
- He is going to be a starter. Mills cannot trade for a 18mil backup. It would be his failure. No matter what, Kanter will be a starter. Then it means he will eat away the minutes KP and Willy will have.
- He is going to be a black hole because he will and should consider himself as a first option. He was part of the team which almost killed off that 73 win GSW. Now he is sent to this ...hmm...not very good team. It is very hard not to consider himself as alpha. I don't think he believes KP is better than him. It is just human nature.
- His defense is not very good, and thus can give people a lot of areas to attack.
- He is a newcomer, an outsider like D.Rose.

Sessions
- He should be a starter. It is very hard to be a starting PG when you are 18. Frank will need a lot of time to learn how to play this most difficult position in NBA. It means Sessions will take a lot of minutes from him.
- Sessions is old, and people don't like it. He doesn't fit the "timeline"
- Well, his defense is not super good either. A lot of areas to attack.

The one will NOT be hated.

THjr
- He was once a knicks. Close to Melo.
- He will have a lot of people defending him because Mills signed him. If THjr is a bust, then it means Mills is a very awful prez. Then it means firing Phil was actually not a good idea. If you hate Phil, you will defend THjr no matter how bad he is . Keep in mind that I don't say THjr will be bad. I just mention the possibility.

Honorable mentions:
I think Jeff this year will take a lot hate. As a coach he has to control the play time to encourage young players practicing harder. So people would hate him a lot for not playing the young guys instead.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/20/2017  12:21 PM
somehow Ron Baker is on both the 'love' list and the 'hate' list

people love him because of intangibles or that 'he plays the right way'

people hate him because he got a lot of money for absolutely no production -- his advanced stats are trash

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/20/2017  12:48 PM
jeff will be replaced, if not mid season the definitely by the end of the yr. He is in the exact same position he was in when he got fired from the SUNS
ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/20/2017  12:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:jeff will be replaced, if not mid season the definitely by the end of the yr. He is in the exact same position he was in when he got fired from the SUNS

1 game into season?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/20/2017  12:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:jeff will be replaced, if not mid season the definitely by the end of the yr. He is in the exact same position he was in when he got fired from the SUNS

Doubt it would be mid-season. Hornacek might have anticipated the possibility of being replaced mid season when he picked Rambis. He knows they most likely dont want to give Rambis that job again, even for half a season. Not with the rep he has with players.

If Hornacek had brought in an up and coming asst. coach in the offseason, that coach might have ended up replacing him. I doubt anyone else on the bench will get the nod.

The team was lost at times, but the effort was still there. That will do more for Hornacek's job security than anything.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/20/2017  12:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2017  1:00 PM
martin wrote:

1 game into season?

yeah, this is premature... that said, David Blatt also went to Princeton. Considering all these Princeton ties it makes for good speculation. The Knicks are pretty bad and I do think Horny is a great candidate to be the sacrificial lamb. I think that ONLY happens at the end of the year, if at all though

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2017  1:13 PM
Mills/Perry gave Jeff these PG’s. There’s no way they can blame him when they know he doesn’t have the kind of PG talent most needed. They know Ntilikina is going to need time. Sessions and Baker are below average so how can they fire Jeff knowing what he has to work with.
reub
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  4:07 PM
Did anyone mention Lance Thomas in the "hate" list yet?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2017  4:41 PM
Phil was loved and seen as a savior when he took over. He just was really bad as an executive. I don't think anyone hates Noah but his contract is hated and the moves behind why he was signed are hated.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2017  4:54 PM
I think Kanter will be loved by Knick fans. The guy is very outgoing, fan friendly and plays hard. His d isn't there but maybe he gets a bit better working with Noah. Also, I think Kanter back at OKC going against his old team had to be tough. I think Hardaway has a chance to be a fan favorite but has high hate potential as well. I don't see how Jeff can win over fans after last year. This team isn't going to win so winning back will be really difficult. Not playing and developing the kids while still losing is a bad look. KP getting 38 minutes in a blowout is also not a good look. Not playing a first team all rookie because KOQ and Kanter beat him out doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Hopefully there is more to come with that. The summer was spent with talk of Willy being part of the core. Now he can't get off the bench in a blow out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fwk00
Member: #6048

10/20/2017  4:55 PM
I don't know about hate lists but Lee, Thomas, and Sessions are players who could help contending teams who lose a player to injury. Not so much hate involved as surplus talent.

O'Quinn could become our Ben Wallace. He's the best center we have in terms of team ball. When he and Baker are on the floor the Knicks can close the opponent's leads or stay close.

I don't see a landing spot for Kanter unless someone goes down.

fwk00
Member: #6048

10/20/2017  5:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I think Kanter will be loved by Knick fans. The guy is very outgoing, fan friendly and plays hard. His d isn't there but maybe he gets a bit better working with Noah. Also, I think Kanter back at OKC going against his old team had to be tough. I think Hardaway has a chance to be a fan favorite but has high hate potential as well. I don't see how Jeff can win over fans after last year. This team isn't going to win so winning back will be really difficult. Not playing and developing the kids while still losing is a bad look. KP getting 38 minutes in a blowout is also not a good look. Not playing a first team all rookie because KOQ and Kanter beat him out doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Hopefully there is more to come with that. The summer was spent with talk of Willy being part of the core. Now he can't get off the bench in a blow out.

I think you're right in this. OKC was an anomaly in that both teams knew each other's strengths and weaknesses intimately and OKC obviously was in a better position to take advantage.

You can only play 5 players at a time. Horny is looking to optimize his roster. OKC was never a win. Let's see who plays in more competitive games.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/20/2017  5:38 PM
fwk00 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I think Kanter will be loved by Knick fans. The guy is very outgoing, fan friendly and plays hard. His d isn't there but maybe he gets a bit better working with Noah. Also, I think Kanter back at OKC going against his old team had to be tough. I think Hardaway has a chance to be a fan favorite but has high hate potential as well. I don't see how Jeff can win over fans after last year. This team isn't going to win so winning back will be really difficult. Not playing and developing the kids while still losing is a bad look. KP getting 38 minutes in a blowout is also not a good look. Not playing a first team all rookie because KOQ and Kanter beat him out doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Hopefully there is more to come with that. The summer was spent with talk of Willy being part of the core. Now he can't get off the bench in a blow out.

I think you're right in this. OKC was an anomaly in that both teams knew each other's strengths and weaknesses intimately and OKC obviously was in a better position to take advantage.

You can only play 5 players at a time. Horny is looking to optimize his roster. OKC was never a win. Let's see who plays in more competitive games.

I don't buy the fact that Enes had a bad game because he played OKC. He's been in the league for 6 seasons? Everyone knows your strengths and weaknesses when you've been in the league that long. Enes simply had a bad game in the season opener. Hopefully he snaps out of it. We're not a good team. It's as simple as that.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Member: #6227

10/20/2017  6:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

I don't buy the fact that Enes had a bad game because he played OKC. He's been in the league for 6 seasons? Everyone knows your strengths and weaknesses when you've been in the league that long. Enes simply had a bad game in the season opener. Hopefully he snaps out of it. We're not a good team. It's as simple as that.

Enes played against a team that knows every one of his strengths and weaknesses. And they are one of the few teams with a bigger, bruising, skilled center in Adams. I think that he'll be a positive force for us against many opponents. But I want Willy to play about half of the game too. We should use O'Quinn as KP's replacement with KP playing about 33 minutes and Kyle about 15 minutes.

VCoug
Member: #1406

10/20/2017  10:45 PM
THjr
- He will have a lot of people defending him because Mills signed him. If THjr is a bust, then it means Mills is a very awful prez. Then it means firing Phil was actually not a good idea. If you hate Phil, you will defend THjr no matter how bad he is . Keep in mind that I don't say THjr will be bad. I just mention the possibility.

Terrible reasoning here. I believe Phil was incompetent and I hate THJr and his contract.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
mlby1215

10/21/2017  4:22 AM
I don't think he can last one more season. New GM will want a new coach. Somehow there will be a guy who has to take the heat if the team is too bad, and Mills knows it will not be Mills.

GustavBahler wrote:

Doubt it would be mid-season. Hornacek might have anticipated the possibility of being replaced mid season when he picked Rambis. He knows they most likely dont want to give Rambis that job again, even for half a season. Not with the rep he has with players.

If Hornacek had brought in an up and coming asst. coach in the offseason, that coach might have ended up replacing him. I doubt anyone else on the bench will get the nod.

The team was lost at times, but the effort was still there. That will do more for Hornacek's job security than anything.

mlby1215

10/21/2017  9:10 AM
Yes, it actually warms my heart when you said it. (no sarcasm) He is a good guy. He looks like someone I would like to be friend with. His playing style probably needs some changes, though.

I don't hold his performance at OKC against him one bit. Adams knows his moves, and his friends at OKC all know his moves.

I mean, there is a lot of things we can agree to disagree, but at the end, they are all knicks players. (well, until they get traded )

Jeff, well, on the other hand, I think he knows his time is up, and I don't know how much he could do last year. Maybe Fisher was right. Fisher thought he had done better with much less. At the end, I don't know how to judge Jeff.

But one thing for sure, as a coach Jeff still have a lot to learn.

A coach is not here to train the young guys. He is here to win, and he has to. At the time he thought KP had to play to give the team a chance. (it is true, KP was too important)

Willy is too unlucky. (same to be said with Quinn) Willy deserves better, but again, how many bigs we have? I feel dizzy.

If Kanter and session or some vets don't get a lot of hate just because they play before our youngs, I am very happy to eat a lot of crows at the end of this season. I don't need to be right, and actually I want to be wrong.

mlby1215

10/21/2017  9:20 AM
Yes, you are totally right. There are very terrible reasons, and it is why I listed them.

I cannot say I am really looking forward to hear something like that in the middle of the season.

"It is not THjr's fault he can't play defense. No Knicks player can"

"It is not THjr's fault he signed the 72mil contract he was being offered. He just signed it."

"It is not THjr's fault he shoots the ball every time he touches it. He has no one to pass/ to do the heat check"

If he has done well, praise it. If he does not, criticize it fairly. It is all I can ask for.

VCoug wrote:
THjr

Terrible reasoning here. I believe Phil was incompetent and I hate THJr and his contract.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/21/2017  9:46 AM
Disagree with most. Kanter will be fine. Has talent and is a hard worker and personable. Nothing to hate there. Timmy will be fine. No one is expecting him to be a superstar. We know he has the capability of getting hot, is inconsistent at times and mostly just a threat to score 30 at times. Disagree about Phil haters defending him. I was not a fan of Phil/Triangle, liked Timmy, not for 18M, but not gonna focus on the link now. Frank will be a bigger reflection of Phil's failure. As he was picked by Phil/Triangle. Although I have posted many times my preference for Smith, I really think we have to give the kid a chance. Don't understand putting down guys that we all know are average. Guess maybe its due to guysbon here over stating their worth. But for anyone to dog Baker, LT or Sessions is beyond me. They are just lunch pail guys that are trying their best.

Now... we all know the ones to get hated the most, on a losing team, are the high paid stars and the coaches. Specially in N.Y. We don't have any high paid players (Tim, Noah closest but we are not expecting anything from them and we blame the FO for their contracts) that came here as stars. However, JH better strap in. The Press will make it very ugly for him. Which I don't understand as no-one should have any expectations for the Knicks this year. Everyone with sense knows it will be a year of tryouts. Seeing who can play and which young pieces are worth keeping as assets.

Btw. You left Melo hate off the list? It will still dominate the board. Meloshouldgo and Tripple will turn every thread into a Melo thread.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/21/2017  9:56 AM
Don't know why we gotta hate on any of them. Its like fans can't accept talent is what it is, lacks what it lacks and in the case of this team will develop hopefully with real good upside.
We are not Minny or Philly with a youthful upside buzz. We are one lottery draft pick away from getting a "buzz about".
Meanwhile fans need to vent and lay blame. Its the law of the jungle.
The players we will hate

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy